Confronting black social issues through comic strips.....hilarious stuff

Options

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    the_process_by_alexlartwork22-d5j9ezz.jpg

can dr francis cress welsing get a shout out on this one?? ... i mean damn they quoted her word for word whole heartedly lol
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    who_profits__by_alexlartwork22-d534pn6.jpg

One of the huge reasons black wall street was a success was because they supported each other...
    They said it took 5 years for a dollar to leave that community thru spending

That was also pre-integration when folks had no choice but to shop at black businesses.

This isn't true. White people was taking Black people's money just like anyone else's money. Why else would boycotting have been such an effective tactic during the Civil Right's movement.
    Boycotting some establishments worked better than others. Buses for starters were very effective because well blacks didnt have their own bus service. They always had the option of going to a black establishment which brings me too.....

who_profits__by_alexlartwork22-d534pn6.jpg

One of the huge reasons black wall street was a success was because they supported each other...
    They said it took 5 years for a dollar to leave that community thru spending

That was also pre-integration when folks had no choice but to shop at black businesses.

That's not true... blacks shopped at white businesses ....just had to use back doors and alleys

They didnt have to. Black businesses were closer and why go through the back somewhere when you didnt have to?

We talking Tulsa here right? The black community was far more contained which is why it worked there. In other areas of the South segregation worked differently.

In Tulsa they didnt really need whites for anything they had their own supermarkets, theaters etc and it all due to segregation and being contained to that particular area of the city.

They had to when they had no other options
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These have a lot of damn words for a comic strip

*? post*
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The black race in america is doomed.
    unless we black people in american change things will be like this forever or get worse
    these other races are not ? around.

Yup we be the next Native Americans.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    These have a lot of damn words for a comic strip

*? post*

Just like a ? from Riverdale to frown at words

This wouldn't be so arduous if they were funny though
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i didn't' find this to be hilarious.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thugzilla_1_by_alexlartwork22-d5pjxj8.jpg

yep. ? hate the truth. YOu gotta hit them extra hard.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i get the message

But this isn't funny or witty

Most comics are subtle in nature for a reason

This just proves my theory that blacks don't understand satire

EVER
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    i get the message

EVER

Fixed
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    This dude been doing these drawings for years now. They usually involve something about blaming a black woman for whatever is wrong

and here is where you have to look closely. when i look at these cartoons, i understand the concepts. if you truly understand the concepts you would know that its not black womens fault.

i can understand how ppl would THINK that this is blaming black women. but what you fail to realize is that the woman is key to any cultures upliftment or demise. solve the problems of your women and your whole nation will rise

right now, our biggest problems in our community involve the miseducation of our woman ... THE FIRST TEACHER OF OUR CHILDREN.

so when you take on this "they are just bashing black women" attitude, it shows you have an incorrect perspective on social and economic issues in society.

black women are not the blame for our problems, and black men are not responsible for single handedly fixing them. we are in this together so there has to be balance and accountability on both sides.

I understand what the guy is saying in these strips, but I also understand that there's usually something missing and that's context. Everyone doesn't do all the same ? for the same reasons. Like someone said about black women and their hair. Some women wear weaves simply because they love different types of hair and not anything to do with wanting to be white. So those comics often miss context like that under the assumption that "anyone who does this will automatically end up with this outcome".

Also it will never not be hilarious to see the very same ? who will w/o question say "Women ain't good for nothing but ? . Can't talk to them, they not funny, what can they do other than ? ?" and how marriage is a trap that needs to be abolished from society yet at the same time agree with the strips and posts daily that criticize single mothers and give props to ones that promote marriage. Women do need to take accountability, but the men among us that carry the attitude I described need alot of self checking as well because you can't promote to conflicting ideas so heavily. You can't swear up and down women ain't good for nothing but ? yet talk about how relationships and marriage isn't valued in the black community when your own mentality is part of that which you claim to hate so much
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    i get the message

EVER

Thank you @haute . /THREAD until you guys can actually find some good black comic satire strips.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    ? on the Black woman and make comic strip for laughs...........................naw ? I'm not laughing at this ? ?

? yourself

Me and @cain1 finally agree on something.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Axel L guy ain't ? .
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    First off the the comic strips aren't meant to be funny. I just added the "hilarious at the end" because I know a good number of you don't take anything seriously anyway. And I find it rather comical (rather ironic, really) that a lot of you get upset over a comic strip but dance and parade to people who disrespect and exploit black people everyday. I don't understand how a man who is expressing himself through art while detailing some of the destructive elements of our community is harmful. If you people really get upset over some comic strips (that you supposedly don't find "witty" or "satirical" ), then I can only imagine your reaction if given real life representations.

Instead of criticizing the actual destructive elements in our community, you'd rather attack the guys that simply bring it your attention. This is why blacks in America will remain where we are. If you can't so much as acknowledge that you have a disease, then there's no point in treating it.

More ethererousness
    fading_away_by_alexlartwork22-d5hx437.jpg

blk_community_dead__by_alexlartwork22-d5glld2.jpg

interacial_promo_by_alexlartwork22-d5e9c0k.jpg

• Ajackson17
    Options
    You missed the point, the subtle element is not in there.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    +I like (and will ? ) any race of woman but I been with mostly black not because that's what I am but that's what I like. I have no problem with interracial relationships, you like who you like physically.

-People act as if single parenting isn't a problem in the white community which it is and white women cause drama too.

+Alex artwork is funny at times but true. Negativity goes more attention so if he made more positive pieces, they'll be appreciated but not that amusing.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i jus think blacks who support these types of threads on some "see whats wrong with the black community" fail 2 realize that this ? is subjective... u want 2 blame the community 4 issues every community has...

single parents/ children out of wedlock is a social issue not jus a black issue...

drugs are a social issue not jus a black issue..

we not the only "ratchet" culture... there is plenty of reality shows that show whites n a "negitve" light

snooky n jwow

jersey shore

16 and pregnant/teen mom

maury/them judge shows

bad girls club..

ect..

then its funny cuz yall get mad about the state of our community yet are the 1st 2 denounce "wifing" (but no problem with ? ) think its cool 2 ? chicks 4 "cool points" ... dont belive in marriage but will bring up that as somthing we need 2 work on... smh
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    fading_away_by_alexlartwork22-d5hx437.jpg
    interacial_promo_by_alexlartwork22-d5e9c0k.jpg
    wow.....i had no idea the clan are such advocates of interracial relationships. Good thing i happened to come in this thread and see this, would hate to go the rest of my life thinking that they hated this sorta thing.
    tumblr_m7cx0v0Fgp1rbaxuco1_500.gif
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    i jus think blacks who support these types of threads on some "see whats wrong with the black community" fail 2 realize that this ? is subjective... u want 2 blame the community 4 issues every community has...

single parents/ children out of wedlock is a social issue not jus a black issue...

drugs are a social issue not jus a black issue..

we not the only "ratchet" culture... there is plenty of reality shows that show whites n a "negitve" light

snooky n jwow

jersey shore

16 and pregnant/teen mom

maury/them judge shows

bad girls club..

ect..

then its funny cuz yall get mad about the state of our community yet are the 1st 2 denounce "wifing" (but no problem with ? ) think its cool 2 ? chicks 4 "cool points" ... dont belive in marriage but will bring up that as somthing we need 2 work on... smh

lol you still don't get it even at this late date.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

at this takes away from the message,how?
  • Ajackson17
    Options

at this takes away from the message,how?

I understand the message, but it's not powerful imagery, subtle power is the strength of these comics, it sends a powerful resonate into the deeper subconscious.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its about time ? are just left to the wolves so the black progressive can make a name for themselves and gain power to influence the black future.

? love doing ? ? but hate to be reminded of how destructive it is. Its like putting a vampire infront of a mirror...? just go into a rabid FRENZY.

There is nothing funny about the harsh, sad state that the community is in. Powerful imagery brother thanks for sharing.