Stereotypes:Pickup Basketball

Options

Comments

• IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    the "yo, I'm out, my INSERT BODY PART hurts" guy
    the game be like 5 minutes old before some kat starts complaining about knee and finger issues and drops out, causing you to have to find someone to replace him or drop someone from the other team just to continue the game

the "always running off the court to check cell phone" guy
    n!gga be sliding to the sideline and checking his phone in mid play, or might even return a call if he missed one

I hate the "BLACK HOLE"
    the n!ggas be shooting from the 3-pt line from the other side of the court just to test his range during the game. he gives not a single fnck about trying to win, just his own ? . then get mad when you walk off the court, not wanting to play with his selfish ass. if he wanted to test his range, find a ball, an empty basket and play by yourself.

the "bleeder"
    Ever play with a dude who always bleeds from the hands and fingers, or got mad scrapes and scars on his legs, arms, and hands that bleed?

the "immovable object" guy
    that guy who's short, wide, weighs 300+, and built like a pile of cinderblocks that camps out in the lane. He won't move anywhere else on the court, just sits there waiting for someone to drive, so he can either:
    a. on offense, demand the ball, dribble with his head down, and try a pump fake, up and under scoop shot, or skyhook
    b. put his hands up as a way of playing defense without having to move, causing you to basically run into a brickwall because he's not moving
    c. hack the ? out of you

the "funky" guy
    Ever play against a dude who smells so bad, you hate having to defend him? And if you body him up, you itch afterwards or you get his smell on you, and you have to burn your clothes or one shower isn't enough to get his smell off of you...

that funky guy smh my boy signed me up in a league when i was like 14 and i went to play this dude at the post and YO...he smelled like he took a ? and didn't wipe his ass...have him the lane the rest of the game plus i was young as hell and the comp looked like grown men...never ended up going back lol
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    I wish I remembered the poster who said "I always ride around with a ball, shorts, and shoes in the trunk cause you never know when a game is gonna break out." One of the blackest things I've ever read on this site

I heard that's why black dudes always wear gym shorts under their jeans. Pretty sure I heard it on this site too, lol.

Used to do that ? in high school but 90% of the time a game did break out right before or right after school lol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i always rock ballin shorts under my clothes if not out right

THE NO SHIRT GUY this is the guy you want on your team ...to protect his identity ill just call him Malcolm... he gets sweaty his Mehki Phifer lookin ass starts lookin like a wet speed bag...playing against these type cats is like getting slimed in double dare

No one wants to get slimed.... NO one
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    ? who still be trying to do And 1 moves but can't shoot.......word to Hot Sauce

Yeah I'm the opposite of that . I can shoot all day but I better be wide open cause creating my own shot is not an option

You'll be more effective on the court especially if you are playing with a big man whos good in the post on your team. Or you can run off screens like Reggie Miller or Rip Hamilton (you know some ? don't know how to play the screen in street ball).
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    I'm 6'5 and'll pull up for a 3 in a minute. I'D BE A SG IN THE NBA DAMMIT!!!

C/s im like 6'3 and dudes be like "MAX POST GAME" bruh kareem aint out here teaching im shooting mid range jumpers or driving
  • Max.
    Options
    I usually cheat on d if i guard someone weak af ill just help whoever drives this other team was ? off the guy i was leaving open wasnt doing ? yesterday
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the guy that always wants the ball on offense but never plays any d.
    I will shut you out if you not playing defense.
    This the same guy that stops at half court and usually wants the ball on the break.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I usually cheat on d if i guard someone weak af ill just help whoever drives this other team was ? off the guy i was leaving open wasnt doing ? yesterday

Cosign. If you have someone on your team who can't shoot open/hoop, it's a wrap. I'm cheating on defense and leaving ? #2 wide the ? open the whole game.

And after he shoots I'm breaking the other way for a fast break/ cherry pick play EVERY SINGLE TIME lol.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited August 2013
    Options

C/s im like 6'3 and dudes be like "MAX POST GAME" bruh kareem aint out here teaching im shooting mid range jumpers or driving

A lot of dudes didn't play varsity or college ball, so they don't know any better. When I speak to random people about hooping, they're surprised that I play the 1,2 in competitive play. They think anyone over 6ft is a big man.

I'm like nah, if your son wants to take basketball serious and use it to get college scholarships or go pro he needs to develop elite guard skills. 5'11 playing big man isn't going to work EVER. I don't even think D3 have people that short. I think their big men are like 6'4ish.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    No one really givees a ? where ou played though you here are at the park.. play in the post
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    That's exactly why I only play with people I know or in leagues. First off, ? suck lol, and second, there's no way I'm playing on the same team as clowns who think tall people should be in the post. To me that means they don't understand the game, and that's that player coach ? that will get you checked.

A post game is learned, not inherited. Learning a post game takes just as much dedication as learning how to play on the wing. Not to mention, If I shoot better, dribble better, pass better etc. than everyone on the team, why would I play somewhere where I'm not comfortable?

And being short doesn't make you a PG, the same way being tall doesn't make you a C. Your SKILLS determine what position you play.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I wish I remembered the poster who said "I always ride around with a ball, shorts, and shoes in the trunk cause you never know when a game is gonna break out." One of the blackest things I've ever read on this site

Lol I have a ball, shoes, and shorts in the trunk of both of my vehicles.

True story

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That sweaty ass patrick ewing ? that always plays with no shirt.

? yeah man, i hate them type of ? . they always wanna post up too. I make the ? guard them slimy shirt off ? nowadays. I cant do it.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about the ole " Stop the game to dispute everything from foul calls to the score" ass nigguhs? I hate playing against these pace killin cats. games coulda BEEN over but they wanna argue all day, cross examine nigguhs, and add a extra point to they score once in awhile but since nobody gonna let them get away wit that fuckery another dispute kicks off.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

A lot of dudes didn't play varsity or college ball, so they don't know any better. When I speak to random people about hooping, they're surprised that I play the 1,2 in competitive play. They think anyone over 6ft is a big man.

I'm like nah, if your son wants to take basketball serious and use it to get college scholarships or go pro he needs to develop elite guard skills. 5'11 playing big man isn't going to work EVER. I don't even think D3 have people that short. I think their big men are like 6'4ish.

I can feel this whole statement. Yeah 30 years ago I can hear someone saying that but hell nah not anymore. I did know some cats that were 6ft to 6'5'' playing center but those are 1's and 2's now. And the only reason I don't have sick handles is @ 5'11 is there weren't teaching that ? , you had to post and if the other team had a big dude you were guarding that guy.

On another note, I used to run with this cat with sick 1 skills but was 6'5'' and I would run the wing with him. Stayed giving me dimes on the break and on the pick and rolls cuz I could shoot and leap. They wanted him to post but dude was just a big ass guard
  • king hassan
    edited August 2013
    Options
    That ''I used to'' ? . When he out there ? up he run ? down on what he ''used to do'' on the court, nobody never heard or seen this ? play. But stay telling duck tales of how cold he was smh
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that I'm 6-5 so I be a shooting guard in the NBA... ? u not in the league u the tallest on the court dude so get ya ass in the post and grabs some boards.. This pickup not college or Pro.. Tallest dude has advantage inside but wants to shoot js all day.. I'm trying to run the court all day not lose to satisfy your ego for the position u want to play or is natural to u. Cuz if u lose it be forever trying to run again in a packed gym.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that I'm 6-5 so I be a shooting guard in the NBA... ? u not in the league u the tallest on the court dude so get ya ass in the post and grabs some boards.. This pickup not college or Pro.. Tallest dude has advantage inside but wants to shoot js all day.. I'm trying to run the court all day not lose to satisfy your ego for the position u want to play or is natural to u. Cuz if u lose it be forever trying to run again in a packed gym.

Not if you're good.
  • playmaker88
    Options

this right here
  • king hassan
    Options
    @? , where you be hooping at
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's exactly why I only play with people I know or in leagues. First off, ? suck lol, and second, there's no way I'm playing on the same team as clowns who think tall people should be in the post. To me that means they don't understand the game, and that's that player coach ? that will get you checked.

A post game is learned, not inherited. Learning a post game takes just as much dedication as learning how to play on the wing. Not to mention, If I shoot better, dribble better, pass better etc. than everyone on the team, why would I play somewhere where I'm not comfortable?

And being short doesn't make you a PG, the same way being tall doesn't make you a C. Your SKILLS determine what position you play.

yea man gotta co-sign always felt like i shoulda been ova 6 feet wit da way i play on da court lls
  • Max.
    Options
    Ok if u used to playing as a sg/sf ya whole life u just dont learn post moves over night

And if give me the ball on the block...clear out theres not alot of room...we play side to side full court but still its crowded...i get double teamed everytime
  • Max.
    Options
    I dont care if people shoot it just take a good shot
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm 6'1" - 6'2" and play like a ? power forward. I had no chance. These days 6'2" is average ? height at least here in Boston.