Stereotypes:Pickup Basketball

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    true ?
    I know a ? that got so mad that he lost his next he got a chair and sat under the basket.
    Mind you this is some ? logic.
    A 6'6 ? basically destroyed his whole existence and fulfilled his purpose in life. He ran down the lane and gathered on this ? face and threw down as hard as he could.
    I ain't never seen something so destructive.
    this ? got ? up!
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn...the way most of you tell it, the IC has the highest concentration of streetball saints out there. C'mon, most of us have been one of these stereotypes at one stage or another.

Basketball is competition, and as such it would bring out some of the worst in us as we all are competitors. This stuff is going to happen. Now, it is annoying when you play with a certain type of character, but if you don't like it....find another run.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »
    Damn...the way most of you tell it, the IC has the highest concentration of streetball saints out there. C'mon, most of us have been one of these stereotypes at one stage or another.
    Basketball is competition, and as such it would bring out some of the worst in us as we all are competitors. This stuff is going to happen. Now, it is annoying when you play with a certain type of character, but if you don't like it....find another run.

Sure we have, but its alk jokes homie
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that I'm 6-5 so I be a shooting guard in the NBA... ? u not in the league u the tallest on the court dude so get ya ass in the post and grabs some boards.. This pickup not college or Pro.. Tallest dude has advantage inside but wants to shoot js all day.. I'm trying to run the court all day not lose to satisfy your ego for the position u want to play or is natural to u. Cuz if u lose it be forever trying to run again in a packed gym.

And what if they say no? Then what? Now you have unnecessary conflict on the team, and it's going to hurt the performance of the team.

It's best to figure out what position people play, and who they want to guard etc and go from there. Trying to pull rank will not work. Especially if y'all don't know each other.

SMH @ these dudes telling John Wall or Kyrie Irving or someone non famous NBA guard to get in the post because they're taller than the average ? . Y'all must be crazy.

How about you play your game, and I play mine? Being short doesn't mean you can shoot and dribble.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You arent john wall.. Kyrie irving.. ? or even ? coles you just a ? that plays ball.. and playing the post isnt really that hard and it benefits the team.. when there is a height advantage..

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? act like me being 4 inches bigger nh makes me a ? .. That goes back to you ol if u was 6'1 id be dunking ass ?

Drink some milk b..you right im not kyrie i also aint tim duncan..like dudes is just gona run a post play everytime for me..ima face up..you know at the gym is fast break/ pick n rolls every time...
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Yo i hate the my fault guy

This samoan ? had 2 turnovers in a row and air balled a shot

I be cussing these random ? out...

Fog with that im tryna get cardio in

Lol....who picks a samoan ? for basketball anyway?

You know them surf boarding ? are only good at football

SamoanNFLers.jpg
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ? no

? Conduit that makes the game even easier
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    the "yo, I'm out, my INSERT BODY PART hurts" guy
    the game be like 5 minutes old before some kat starts complaining about knee and finger issues and drops out, causing you to have to find someone to replace him or drop someone from the other team just to continue the game

the "always running off the court to check cell phone" guy
    n!gga be sliding to the sideline and checking his phone in mid play, or might even return a call if he missed one

I hate the "BLACK HOLE"
    the n!ggas be shooting from the 3-pt line from the other side of the court just to test his range during the game. he gives not a single fnck about trying to win, just his own ? . then get mad when you walk off the court, not wanting to play with his selfish ass. if he wanted to test his range, find a ball, an empty basket and play by yourself.

the "bleeder"
    Ever play with a dude who always bleeds from the hands and fingers, or got mad scrapes and scars on his legs, arms, and hands that bleed?

the "immovable object" guy
    that guy who's short, wide, weighs 300+, and built like a pile of cinderblocks that camps out in the lane. He won't move anywhere else on the court, just sits there waiting for someone to drive, so he can either:
    a. on offense, demand the ball, dribble with his head down, and try a pump fake, up and under scoop shot, or skyhook
    b. put his hands up as a way of playing defense without having to move, causing you to basically run into a brickwall because he's not moving
    c. hack the ? out of you

the "funky" guy
    Ever play against a dude who smells so bad, you hate having to defend him? And if you body him up, you itch afterwards or you get his smell on you, and you have to burn your clothes or one shower isn't enough to get his smell off of you...

Aight I'm not even going to front that's me smh...I used to always get hurt but I used to try and play through that ? cause I was ballin with older guys growing up...

But I remember in HS I broke my finger and my homie who was like 3 1/2 years older than me was like "shake it off it's just a finger ? c'mon"

I looked at that ? like "bruh...I can't even ? dribble" -_-
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    ? who still be trying to do And 1 moves but can't shoot.......word to Hot Sauce

? like Riley on the boondocks, can buy a bucket for ?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kajun it was a og bout 5'4 290 trash
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What bout the 6'7 dude who you asked if he ever played ball, he said no but he has played soccer or hockey?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You arent john wall.. Kyrie irving.. ? or even ? coles you just a ? that plays ball.. and playing the post isnt really that hard and it benefits the team.. when there is a height advantage..

If playing in the post isn't that hard to you, then why don't YOU PLAY in the post instead of asking someone else to? Like I said earlier, play your game and I will play mine. What will benefit the team is if everyone is able to play in their comfort zone.

Btw you do realize that a height advantage is relative to who's guarding you right? If you're average ? height and you have a smaller guy checking you, by your logic you should take your ass to the paint and post up despite your skill set.

...SMH @ people who don't understand the game. Lol that's why y'all ? get picked last. Nobody wants a smart dumb ? on their team trying to pull rank.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options

If playing in the post isn't that hard to you, then why don't YOU PLAY in the post instead of asking someone else to? Like I said earlier, play your game and I will play mine. What will benefit the team is if everyone is able to play in their comfort zone.

Btw you do realize that a height advantage is relative to who's guarding you right? If you're average ? height and you have a smaller guy checking you, by your logic you should take your ass to the paint and post up despite your skill set.

...SMH @ people who don't understand the game. Lol that's why y'all ? get picked last. Nobody wants a smart dumb ? on their team trying to pull rank.

word when i played on Friday this like 5'5 youngin was checkin me lol he was ? me off cuz everytime i drove on him he was holdin down my damn shoulder i took him to the post in 1 play and he tried to front me and i damn near schooled on the man that tried to help out lol

i taught myself to play wing and post...i guess its from always watchin Kobe play since way back
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Constant Yeller/Carlos ? /Meek Mill ? : Before the game starts he is already yellin "GET YOU FACES ON ? ".. When the ball is about to be checked "COME ON,CHECK THAT".. when he gets a rebound "GIMME THAT ? " "THAT ? MINE ? " "I GOT THAT ? ".. When somebody else on he gets a rebound "YOU GOT THAT ? " "GET THAT ? " "DON'T LET HIM GET THAT ? ".. When he gets a basket "AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" "THAT'S GROWN MAN BALL ? ".. when he gets a block "GET THAT ? ALL THEY THE ? OUTTA HERE" "THAT'S ALL BALL"

The injury risk/I got to seat this one out ? : You hope when go the gym this ? doesn't show up.. Or isn't there.. Because its only a matter of time.. before this soft ass ? gets "hurt".. He could be going for a loose ball and somehow throw out his shoulder.. He gets his shot blocked and manages to separate his shoulder.. He goes up for rebound and will magically injury his foot/ankle.. When he gets fouled hard going to basket.. He acts like he having seizure ground.. He always comes down with some kind of flu.. especially when he team is losing...

The best basketball player in your hood/I should've been All Star in NBA/ I would've been best player college basketball delusional ? : This ? is respect in your hood as best basketball player in area.. Any who goes one on one with usually loses badly to him.. But this ? ego is out of the world.. If anybody asks why isn't in Association.. since he so good.. And give different crazy answer.. "I should be in the NBA right now.. But they switch up the draft rules on a ? .. I ready to come straight out of High School" "But I know I could be All Star in NBA cause in AAU.. I dropped like 50 going against Kevin Durant".. If ask him if ever got any chances to go play college ball.. "I went on recruiting trip down to Duke.. Coach K told me best HS basketball player seen since Lebron.. but i went around campus and saw that the ? down there were too ugly" "I got some many offers I lost count.. I but I to busy move this bricks.. I was like ? it"...

The Jordan Stan/Brand ? : This ? idolizes Jordan lil too much.. All his stuff he wears has to be Jordan brand from his shirt to his shorts and shoes.. When gets on the court he'll even imitate his mannerisms.. He try shot his jump shot like Jordan.. After he hits a tough jumper he'll shrug his shoulders like Jordan.. He try palm the ball with one hand like Jordan.. Even though his to small and he up turnover the ball.. and lookin real stupid in the process...

The Wannabe Dunk Champ: This ? loves to dunk.. He could be wide open for three.. Instead he'll wait til a defender runs a him so he can get by him.. and slash to basket and dunk.. He loves try and posterize ? during games.. He gets mad when ? don't throw him alley oops on fast breaks and when cuts to basket.. Have this ? on your team can hurt you.. because this ? will try to do stupid ? like try dunk over three people standing in lane.. and he'll try crazy dunks he can't do.. Like a 360 in between legs type ? .. He doesn't give a ? team wins as long as he gets his 10 to 15 in the game...
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I do post up from time to time.. i didnt read that post past the first line though..
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 6'5 and I'll post up, run point, shoot 3's, whatevers coming the easiest. Most of the time it depends on who guarding me though. If you my height or taller and really know how to play I'm giving you this work wherever I feel you can't guard me. I usually play point and pass a lot when ? ? match up tho. Ol I'm hackin cuz I can't stop you ass ? .
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hate that dude that is a ? on the court and when he plays you and you're driving by him he's sticking his arm out stiff as hell...you're past him but the only reason he's still there is cuz he's basically hand checking you smh...i always think about swiping down to get them off me but they never end up playing me again smh
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wannabe Dunk Champ: This ? loves to dunk.. He could be wide open for three.. Instead he'll wait til a defender runs a him so he can get by him.. and slash to basket and dunk.. He loves try and posterize ? during games.. He gets mad when ? don't throw him alley oops on fast breaks and when cuts to basket.. Have this ? on your team can hurt you.. because this ? will try to do stupid ? like try dunk over three people standing in lane.. and he'll try crazy dunks he can't do.. Like a 360 in between legs type ? .. He doesn't give a ? team wins as long as he gets his 10 to 15 in the game...

Hate this ? . Got out on a fast break once so I ran down the court just in case. This dude tries some ? ass dunk and misses it. Ball goes flying up in the air. I actually get the ball back but I just toss that ? out of bounds, tell him that's what you get, dapped my other teammates up and left (other people were subbing in at times so no big deal).
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that I'm 6-5 so I be a shooting guard in the NBA... ? u not in the league u the tallest on the court dude so get ya ass in the post and grabs some boards.. This pickup not college or Pro.. Tallest dude has advantage inside but wants to shoot js all day.. I'm trying to run the court all day not lose to satisfy your ego for the position u want to play or is natural to u. Cuz if u lose it be forever trying to run again in a packed gym.

And what if they say no? Then what? Now you have unnecessary conflict on the team, and it's going to hurt the performance of the team.

It's best to figure out what position people play, and who they want to guard etc and go from there. Trying to pull rank will not work. Especially if y'all don't know each other.

SMH @ these dudes telling John Wall or Kyrie Irving or someone non famous NBA guard to get in the post because they're taller than the average ? . Y'all must be crazy.

How about you play your game, and I play mine? Being short doesn't mean you can shoot and dribble.

Bro if u know the game so much u also know the game is all about matchups and advantages if u 6-5 and the dude guarding u 5-11. I expect u to play to your advantages in the game. That's inside most times... I'm not the most skilled but I do whatever requires to win I'm 5-9 my natural position is point but I know I'm not a point guard in most games I'm more a wing slasher that can play bigger then I am. My whole point if u got game u got game.. U can't expect your 5 foot nothing teammates to try to rebound and post while u play the perimeter. That's like Wilt Chamberlain saying ? it I can play outside when clearly the advantage inside.I notice most taller dudes are soft these days and they hate contact. That's why most tall dudes drift to the perimeter. Skills are skills.. But u cant teach size!!!

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man im 5'7 wit a post game id ? to be 6'5 lls i can understand mixin it up wit perimeter shootin nd slashin to da basket but if u got a size advantage use dat ? in da post u ain't gotta be olajuwon down there but turnaround jumpers wit ya high release shouldn't be too much to ask lls
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited September 2013
    Options

Bro if u know the game so much u also know the game is all about matchups and advantages if u 6-5 and the dude guarding u 5-11. I expect u to play to your advantages in the game. That's inside most times... I'm not the most skilled but I do whatever requires to win I'm 5-9 my natural position is point but I know I'm not a point guard in most games I'm more a wing slasher that can play bigger then I am. My whole point if u got game u got game.. U can't expect your 5 foot nothing teammates to try to rebound and post while u play the perimeter. That's like Wilt Chamberlain saying ? it I can play outside when clearly the advantage inside.I notice most taller dudes are soft these days and they hate contact. That's why most tall dudes drift to the perimeter. Skills are skills.. But u cant teach size!!!

I'm 6'2. If I had a 5'7 dude trying to guard me I would simply rise above him and shoot over him, since he has no chance of defending my shot. If the shot isn't there, I'll ISO and drive to the cup. When I get close enough, I'll jump over/into him and lay in it.

Basically what I'm saying is, there are many different ways to take advantage of matchups. Posting up doesn't work too well a lot of times because dude's double all the time, or defenders like to (hard) foul in the post and front like that's acceptable defense. Nah bruh you just fouled the ? outta me and you're getting the same treatment when you're on O.

Plus like I said earlier, my guard skills far outclass my post game.

Conclusion: Let the man play his game. You don't have to run a standard offense. A lot of times we run 5 on the outside. Or 4 on the outside, one in the paint. The offense you run should be molded towards the skill of the players on the floor.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You 6'4-6'5 ? get yo tall ass in the post man. Stop all that...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bunch of scrubs talking...idgaf how tall you are...do what you do best on the court