Black Christian Folks, How do you feel a redneck calling y'all Uncle Tom?

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    my thing is this you all are scared of the unknown... u wanna kno everything.. that's impossible.. jus as u say there are inconsistencies in religion there are inconsistencies in science... both sides are neither right or wrong honestly its all in what u believe.. my problem with yall "atheists" are u try so hard 2 prove people wrong and point out flaws in our logic but disregard the flaws in your own.. id be way more accepting of yall theories if u said " hey every thing has a start.. my start 2 this world (big bang theory) is just as far fetched as yalls (? ) both are not really logical but it fits my beliefs.. but naw yall dont do that..

Seriously, bruh? I'm not the one that needs a fairy tale of heaven or hell to sleep at ease at night. I hate to give a titangraph, but this ? needs it.

You're absolutely right I want to know everything, a thirst for knowledge is how smart people become smart. Wise people stay wise. Think about how you just accept that as "impossible". You've put your own mental block on yourself. Have you forgotten how knowledge is fundamental....Fun.To.Mental.

And the whole "both sides are right and wrong" line is weak as ? in hindsight, death will clearly reveal the former or the latter. Somebody is going to be right. Somebody is going to wrong. And a lot of people are gonna be disappointed.

See the problem with you followers is that y'all try way to hard to ignore you may have been told wrong and your denial of the flaws y'all defend. A simple 'we don't know' or "I can't call it" is a lot more intelligent than a city floating on clouds, opera music, resurrections, and people with wings playing harps in a white gowns. If one of y'all had actually even been there I might feel inclined to dignify it with a maybe.

I'll break it down for you. You know the real reason why atheist don't believe? THEY CAN'T. At the most, you're going to get a reasonable "I don't know" or "I think maybe...", but that's it. They would literally have to dumb themselves down and surrender all logic they garnerd to believe something so far fetched as what you followers propose... and enforce. Let the truth fall in their lap, they'll admit accept it gladly. But to accept some ? they don't know, you don't know, nobody knows? C'mon, son.

But this thread ain't even about that. You spending all this time mouthing off at atheist, when the thread title ask a very clear question. The video provides substantial evidence for making a valid point. But you ignore all that and feel provoked into only defending your ignorance.

Think about that. And stop worrying bout science. As the video clearly shows, understanding history is the true test of your faith.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Oh, ? .

People are still saying Evolution and the Big Bang are just hunches again.

So, are germs, plate, and gravity just hunches?

Ok the big bang theory and evolution are real

so what? what does that mean in the larger scope of things. All of those things can be real and ? still exist none of those theories are mutual exclusive with the ? concept

Zombie, I know this.

I was addressing Mobb.

You believe in a ? because they are still holes in certain areas of reality and it makes you feel good when you're relatives dies or going through some ? .

When you have friends and family that can help you with that ? .

You let me down, bruh. I still have respect for you, bruh

The comfort religions can provide is only half the equation to me there being a ? is the only sensible answer to our existence. I have heard all the theories on how the universe came to be and they are all just as far out and unproven as the existence of ? and this is especially true of the quantum theories the universe being eternal has also been disproved.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? " and "heaven" were created to prevent you from trying to create your own heaven while here on earth. Don't fall for it, they're trying to distract you.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't feel dumb, your ancestors fell for it too
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    my thing is this you all are scared of the unknown... u wanna kno everything.. that's impossible.. jus as u say there are inconsistencies in religion there are inconsistencies in science... both sides are neither right or wrong honestly its all in what u believe.. my problem with yall "atheists" are u try so hard 2 prove people wrong and point out flaws in our logic but disregard the flaws in your own.. id be way more accepting of yall theories if u said " hey every thing has a start.. my start 2 this world (big bang theory) is just as far fetched as yalls (? ) both are not really logical but it fits my beliefs.. but naw yall dont do that..

Seriously, bruh? I'm not the one that needs a fairy tale of heaven or hell to sleep at ease at night. I hate to give a titangraph, but this ? needs it.

You're absolutely right I want to know everything, a thirst for knowledge is how smart people become smart. Wise people stay wise. Think about how you just accept that as "impossible". You've put your own mental block on yourself. Have you forgotten how knowledge is fundamental....Fun.To.Mental.

And the whole "both sides are right and wrong" line is weak as ? in hindsight, death will clearly reveal the former or the latter. Somebody is going to be right. Somebody is going to wrong. And a lot of people are gonna be disappointed.

See the problem with you followers is that y'all try way to hard to ignore you may have been told wrong and your denial of the flaws y'all defend. A simple 'we don't know' or "I can't call it" is a lot more intelligent than a city floating on clouds, opera music, resurrections, and people with wings playing harps in a white gowns. If one of y'all had actually even been there I might feel inclined to dignify it with a maybe.

I'll break it down for you. You know the real reason why atheist don't believe? THEY CAN'T. At the most, you're going to get a reasonable "I don't know" or "I think maybe...", but that's it. They would literally have to dumb themselves down and surrender all logic they garnerd to believe something so far fetched as what you followers propose... and enforce. Let the truth fall in their lap, they'll admit accept it gladly. But to accept some ? they don't know, you don't know, nobody knows? C'mon, son.

But this thread ain't even about that. You spending all this time mouthing off at atheist, when the thread title ask a very clear question. The video provides substantial evidence for making a valid point. But you ignore all that and feel provoked into only defending your ignorance.

Think about that. And stop worrying bout science. As the video clearly shows, understanding history is the true test of your faith.

you put 2 much faith in humans bruh... thats the problem.. how many times have people who followed man been wrong..this goes 4 people using religion and science as a weapon... im not a christian 2 please man... im a Christian 2 please myself... thats my faith... it seems like atheist use that as a type of rebellion.. which means u care about what other men think...
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't have faith, if we can prove it, bruh.

Stop playing wordgames.

Faith is believing in ? without evidence.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    We don't have faith, if we can prove it, bruh.

Stop playing wordgames.

Faith is believing in ? without evidence.

and you cant prove everything... thats the point...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    I never said we can.

I just say we can never find of certain things but you cannot assert a deity has done it.

It's ok to say "I don't know".
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    I never said we can.

I just say we can never find of certain things but you cannot assert a deity has done it.

It's ok to say "I don't know".

i say "i dont kno" all the time... its way harder 4 people who believe solely on science 2 say idk...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Science isn't a belief, bruh.

• damobb2deep
    Options
    Science isn't a belief, bruh.

but science dont kno everthing either.... i believe in scientific facts.. those are proven... but theories i can be skeptical about..
  • ohhhla
    Options
    What about talking about?

Theories in science are the highest graduation point.

They are not the same as theories in lay-men terms.

Stop equivocating and you see why I can't stand Fundamentalist theist.

You gotta twist the words around and say "Look it's not true because it's just a hunch, not a law. LAWL."
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    What about talking about?

Theories in science are the highest graduation point.

They are not the same as theories in lay-men terms.

Stop equivocating and you see why I can't stand Fundamentalist theist.

You gotta twist the words around and say "Look it's not true because it's just a hunch, not a law. LAWL."

theories are not proven... laws are... you learn that in elementary school... im not saying that they dont have points but they are not proven.. btw im not a fundamentalist theist.. i dont follow the bible blindly.. because just like science is only written and understood by man.. the bible and other holy books are as well.. and man has a tendency 2 mislead..
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options

you put 2 much faith in humans bruh... thats the problem.. how many times have people who followed man been wrong..this goes 4 people using religion and science as a weapon... im not a christian 2 please man... im a Christian 2 please myself... thats my faith... it seems like atheist use that as a type of rebellion.. which means u care about what other men think...

Well this has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, but I see what this is.

I don't know how you interpreted that from that wall of text, but it don't matter. The ? you're conjuring up in response isn't even about what I typed. You're trying to convince yourself more than anything looks like.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

Well this has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, but I see what this is.

I don't know how you interpreted that from that wall of text, but it don't matter. The ? you're conjuring up in response isn't even about what I typed. You're trying to convince yourself more than anything looks like.

im not... *shrugs*
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theories are the highest level dude! Wtf are you talking about got dayuuum! Read a science book for ? sake!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Why do you allow old teachings to tell you what is "bad"?

so cuz its old its wrong? smh u people are funny...

It's outdated ? .

At least come up w something new.
    thats the thing u tryna push yo opinion as fact... the only fact is that its old..

(btw lol @ that being yo argument.. if thats the case in the year 2130 people living then can say " ? believing in science theories 4 the origin of life that ? is outdated"

Nah, you don't need to update factual ? .

If you're gonna make ? up, though....

theories are not facts bruh...

You don't even know what a theory is, LOL FOH

lol apparently u don't... a theory is nothing more then a educated guess.. laws are facts... its not called " the big bang law" its also not called " the theory of gravity"

Still, you don't know what a theory is.

Here..

When speaking of theories in science, for the most part, this definition applies

"the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another"

Here's a better explanation for you...

"A theory in science (in contrast to a theory in layman's terms) is "a logical, systematic set of principles or explanation that has been verified—has stood up against attempts to prove it false." [1] For example, Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a system of ideas that points to humans and apes having evolved from a common ancestor. This conclusion is based on evidence that supports it."

its still not fact... you jus threw words in there but its still boils down 2 an educated guess..

Ignorance.

You'll never be able to think for yourself because you don't know how. Sad.

how are u telling me im not thinking 4 myself? you are telling me a other side of a certain opinion... i disagree thats thinking 4 myself..

You're an idiot.

I gave you the EXACT definition as to what a theory is for science and you shot it down, basically saying that it's not the definition.

You're ignorant.

You have no clue what a theory is and won't accept what I told you. You're stuck in a religious cycle that has brainwashed you.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, forget about that ? ? they taught you in elementary. ? my elementary teacher told me that there are no negative numbers. To this day i hate that ? .
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Why do you allow old teachings to tell you what is "bad"?

so cuz its old its wrong? smh u people are funny...

It's outdated ? .

At least come up w something new.
    thats the thing u tryna push yo opinion as fact... the only fact is that its old..

(btw lol @ that being yo argument.. if thats the case in the year 2130 people living then can say " ? believing in science theories 4 the origin of life that ? is outdated"

Nah, you don't need to update factual ? .

If you're gonna make ? up, though....

theories are not facts bruh...

You don't even know what a theory is, LOL FOH

lol apparently u don't... a theory is nothing more then a educated guess.. laws are facts... its not called " the big bang law" its also not called " the theory of gravity"

Still, you don't know what a theory is.

Here..

When speaking of theories in science, for the most part, this definition applies

"the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another"

Here's a better explanation for you...

"A theory in science (in contrast to a theory in layman's terms) is "a logical, systematic set of principles or explanation that has been verified—has stood up against attempts to prove it false." [1] For example, Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a system of ideas that points to humans and apes having evolved from a common ancestor. This conclusion is based on evidence that supports it."

its still not fact... you jus threw words in there but its still boils down 2 an educated guess..

Ignorance.

You'll never be able to think for yourself because you don't know how. Sad.

how are u telling me im not thinking 4 myself? you are telling me a other side of a certain opinion... i disagree thats thinking 4 myself..

You're an idiot.

I gave you the EXACT definition as to what a theory is for science and you shot it down, basically saying that it's not the definition.

You're ignorant.

You have no clue what a theory is and won't accept what I told you. You're stuck in a religious cycle that has brainwashed you.

if u break down that definition it is essentially a educated guess bruh
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Jump off a building then and see if that's an educated guess.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Jump off a building then and see if that's an educated guess.

gravity is a law not a theory dawg...
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Yes it is dude, look it up
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes it is dude, look it up

did this dude jus say gravity is a theory? smh
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a law of gravity and theory of gravity b.
This discussion has been closed.