The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Spurs got some dough to spend this summer.It's time to say goodbye to manu and add some more youth.Mayo or reddick and al jefferson should be on their wish list

They'll be a top 4 seed again next year
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    Howard will go where the biggest "media splash" will be made. So that basically means -- wherever Chris Paul goes or stay with the Lakers.

He's addicted to that limelight and he'd rather see his face on TV for losing than be an underrated winner. Chris Paul ain't going to houston, so that cancels them out imo, and Howard's whole demeanor about playing at home in ATL has changed since Paul told him that he likes ATL (again, he's a follower).

I think Howard either lands in Dallas or ATL with Paul, or stays in L.A.

U & dwight tight like that?

From what happen in l.a, I would of thought the opposite.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Howard will go where the biggest "media splash" will be made. So that basically means -- wherever Chris Paul goes or stay with the Lakers.

He's addicted to that limelight and he'd rather see his face on TV for losing than be an underrated winner. Chris Paul ain't going to houston, so that cancels them out imo, and Howard's whole demeanor about playing at home in ATL has changed since Paul told him that he likes ATL (again, he's a follower).

Right, so he was all giddy and happy about being traded to L.A. because he "didn't want the limelight". Got it.

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Tommy bilfiger

I like the Mayo idea but Al Jefferson is not a good defender. I think Manu should come back for 1 or 2 season's but we have to find another wing player who can create there own and others offense off the dribble. Manu can't handle doing that anymore like he used to. Cut his minutes and let him play off the ball more which will help him a lot.

We need a athletic big man (but what team doesn't) that can play defense and rebound to play beside Tim and Tiago (if he is resigned) when Tim is on the bench also.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    supkobe.gif

Brazil vs Italy.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollins and Shaw are apparently front runners for the Nuggets Head Coach position. They're interviewing Del ? now, which is a waste of time...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--vinny-del-? -to-interview-for-nuggets--head-coach-opening-015719516.html
    Sources: Vinny Del ? to interview for Nuggets' head coach opening

Vinny Del ? (USA Today Sports)
    Del ? will be the third candidate to meet with Nuggets management for the vacancy.

Former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins and Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw met with team CEO Josh Kroenke and general manager Tim Connelly on Tuesday and Wednesday. Hollins and Shaw are still considered leaders for the job, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Despite the Los Angeles Clippers enjoying their best regular season in history with 56 victories, Del ? , 46, wasn't offered a new contract in April. The Clippers were eliminated in a first-round playoff series against the Grizzlies.

In five seasons as head coach of the Clippers and Chicago Bulls, Del ? reached the playoffs four times and advanced to the Western Conference semifinals in the 2011-'12 season. He was 210-184 in those years.

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would hope to see lakers resign Lamar's corpse and resurrect his soul for vet minimum if he's free to roam.

Jamison gone sadly I bet

Wouldn't mind d fish come back as backup's backup for locker room

Whether Dwight stays or leave doesn't mean much, he proved he isn't ? not winning 1 game as leader in playoffs. While pau dropped trip dubs with ease.

Would like to see Ariza return

And expect to see Nash have a year like his last with suns. Very efficient and solid.

Injuries killed us last year, woulda been easy ride to finals

Speed and length is lakers key,
    With pau being main post prescence with or without Dwight.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fish should only comeback in the juwan Howard capacity

jamison is a great look for any team
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fish should only comeback in the juwan Howard capacity

jamison is a great look for any team

I agree...Jamison for vet min was a steal, sucks he will be gone prob go to bobcats and be close to home. Shouts out to the #cockroach 'twan
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Kame wrote: »

Don't know if it's true or not but Rivers would of whooped Rondo's punk ass if they went at it, if it is true I wish he did whoop his ass

i think its true remember dat story bout Rondo throwin a gatorade bottle thru a TV at a film study session last year? lls dude is mad moody

On the low he's a locker room cancer

It's not even on the low. One of the reason those trade rumors was out there before he got hurt was the fact that Doc was getting tired of Rondo's BS. Not to mention he was a big reason why Ray Allen left. That would have been a nice trade if Boston could've pulled off the DeMarcus Cousins for Rondo ?
    I like Cousins, but dude is worst than Rondo.
    Rondo is more back ground insider talk. with Cousins, u see the Dumb ? He does on live t.v
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I honestly don't know what the Bulls are going to do this off season. I think they're prepping themselves for 2014 off season
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to solidify the PG position, I like Jeremy Lin but I think he would flourish more in a 6th man role.

Parsons is going to continue to get better and better, I expect him to have a break out type year next season

Would like to see James Harden work on his mid rang game a little bit over the summer

The 4 is the position off biggest concern. We need to somebody with a back to the basket game and who can get buckets in the paint. Our low post scoring was non existence in a lot of games and it cost us a lot of times at the end of games when we would settle/rely threes

A lot of people laughed at us Rockets fans when we tried to justify the Asik signing and that ended up being one of the best values from last years off season. He improved greatly on the offensive end of the court(still needs to work on finishing at the rim) and anchored our defense. Also improved his free throw shooting immensely from the Chicago days.

Im not for bringing Dwight Howard in but I'm not going to complain if it happens. I still say Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap or Josh Smith would be a better fit but I trust Moreys moves so well see.

The bench needs to bolstered as well but I'm hoping Patrick Beverly and DMO can step up and be more consistent.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo where tf sasha vuj been?

Overseas?
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2013
    Options
    All I know is Russell Westbrook will average 35 against Houston next season. Russ-facing all game too.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    No hope for the Knicks from Emm Holla???

Knicks winning it all then.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to solidify the PG position, I like Jeremy Lin but I think he would flourish more in a 6th man role.

Parsons is going to continue to get better and better, I expect him to have a break out type year next season

Would like to see James Harden work on his mid rang game a little bit over the summer

The 4 is the position off biggest concern. We need to somebody with a back to the basket game and who can get buckets in the paint. Our low post scoring was non existence in a lot of games and it cost us a lot of times at the end of games when we would settle/rely threes

A lot of people laughed at us Rockets fans when we tried to justify the Asik signing and that ended up being one of the best values from last years off season. He improved greatly on the offensive end of the court(still needs to work on finishing at the rim) and anchored our defense. Also improved his free throw shooting immensely from the Chicago days.

Im not for bringing Dwight Howard in but I'm not going to complain if it happens. I still say Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap or Josh Smith would be a better fit but I trust Moreys moves so well see.

The bench needs to bolstered as well but I'm hoping Patrick Beverly and DMO can step up and be more consistent.

So if ya'll do get Dwight y'all trading Asik or keeping him??
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    That synopsis from Emm Holla was depressing as ? lol

Werd. You just get used to certain people having faith in certain things - and when they don't anymore, that ? is troubling.

Like your grandma saying "? church, I'm watching football."

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »

So if ya'll do get Dwight y'all trading Asik or keeping him??

Keeping him. Have him backup Dwight at the 5 and sometimes play the 4 with Howard at center.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    lol @ hawks fans trying to ? off Josh Smith.

I actually don't think he's leaving ATL. I'll believe when I see it.

#struggle3'sForeva
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    supkobe.gif

If that was Bosh instead of Kobe, nikkas would be going in.
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Options

Right, so he was all giddy and happy about being traded to L.A. because he "didn't want the limelight". Got it.

All the giddyness was b4 He went to the other side, and realize it was not greener.
    From all the years in the leauge I ain't neva seen Dwight that depress in My life.
    That ? , even want Stan Van Gundy back.

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote: »

Idk if this is true, but its funny though. And if true, Doc would of whipped that ass on Rondo....

W @Axel time will tell how much we (the Cs) gonna suck after the press conference on Mon. We gonna suck, n I don't care, just hope to see some young dudes doing their thing!!!
  • greenwood1921
    Options

All the giddyness was b4 He went to the other side, and realize it was not greener.
    From all the years in the leauge I ain't neva seen Dwight that depress in My life.
    That ? , even want Stan Van Gundy back.

Yet he's still looking for "high profile" teams or "team-ups".

I don't see him entertaining any offers from the T-Wolves or Suns.

There are more "low profile" destination opportunities for him than "high profile" ones. But no, he wants to go somewhere where they'll always be a camera in his face and there will be at least 1 or 2 other all-stars with him.

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @EmMHoLLa

don't give up hope on your squad man. No telling what might happen next season. They might mess around and draft a steal low in the draft or find somebody outta no where in free agency.

? ,nobody (outside of true Spur fans) thought my Spurs would be as close as they were to winning a championship this season. Stranger things have happened and that is why they play the games my man. Have faith in your teams organization