The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @EmMHoLLa

don't give up hope on your squad man. No telling what might happen next season. They might mess around and draft a steal low in the draft or find somebody outta no where in free agency.

? ,nobody (outside of true Spur fans) thought my Spurs would be as close as they were to winning a championship this season. Stranger things have happened and that is why they play the games my man. Have faith in your teams organization

Iono, bout that.

After the Harden trade and after the first of week of the season and everybody knew the Lakers were trash -- Spurs became the favorite in the west by default.

Then again, I guess that's what you're saying --- You never know who's going to get hurt, traded, and what "favored" teams will be on suicide watch.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ hawks fans trying to ? off Josh Smith.

I actually don't think he's leaving ATL. I'll believe when I see it.

#struggle3'sForeva

oh-hell-no-o.gif
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Baw$3$mok3.JR
    I truly think Demarcus Cousins would act better if he was on a team with a good coaching staff and Vets who have and know how to win.

Not to mention it's easier to find a point guard than it is to find a big guy who can do the things that Cousins can do.
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    Howard will go where the biggest "media splash" will be made. So that basically means -- wherever Chris Paul goes or stay with the Lakers.

He's addicted to that limelight and he'd rather see his face on TV for losing than be an underrated winner. Chris Paul ain't going to houston, so that cancels them out imo, and Howard's whole demeanor about playing at home in ATL has changed since Paul told him that he likes ATL (again, he's a follower).

I think Howard either lands in Dallas or ATL with Paul, or stays in L.A.

U & dwight tight like that?

From what happen in l.a, I would of thought the opposite.

Right, so he was all giddy and happy about being traded to L.A. because he "didn't want the limelight". Got it.

All the giddyness was b4 He went to the other side, and realize it was not greener.
    From all the years in the leauge I ain't neva seen Dwight that depress in My life.
    That ? , even want Stan Van Gundy back.

Yet he's still looking for "high profile" teams or "team-ups".

I don't see him entertaining any offers from the T-Wolves or Suns.

There are more "low profile" destination opportunities for him than "high profile" ones. But no, he wants to go somewhere where they'll always be a camera in his face and there will be at least 1 or 2 other all-stars with him.

The only 2 high profile cities in the NBA, is L.A & NYC In terms of media, and everything being magnified
    Dwight seems 2 b looking to go to places like Atlanta, Houston, Dallas Etc., big market cities with out as much media attention like a NYC or an L.A
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @EmMHoLLa
    The offseason is the time to be optimistic (in my humble opinion) for any team that didn't win the championship because there is always the hope that this is the year your team will get that 1 missing piece, new head coach, a certain player will finally turn the corner, etc...

Pretty much I try to look at it as each season is another year to have a shot to do better than last year and improve. I'm one of those odd people that enjoy the team building of sports just as much as actually watching them play. I like to think of different ways teams can get better. The Heat just beat my team and I still look at ways they can get even more efficient. There is always room for improvement for everybody.

With a team like the Knicks and an owner like Dolan they are never far away from contending if managed correctly
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    @Baw$3$mok3.JR
    I truly think Demarcus Cousins would act better if he was on a team with a good coaching staff and Vets who have and know how to win.

Not to mention it's easier to find a point guard than it is to find a big guy who can do the things that Cousins can do.

IDK. Me & My bro is rooting for Cousins , he's talented as ? .
    But Something is really wrong with dude.
    With Rondo, to me is more of a personality issue, he's head strong.
    Cousins is ? .
    Its not like they trading Rondo for a Kwahi Leonard, D.Rose Type of player. they Trading Rondo for some one waaaaay worse.
    Dude has a history of clashing with his coaches, dating back 2 Kentucky.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    @Baw$3$mok3.JR

IDK. Me & My bro is rooting for Cousins , he's talented as ? .
    But Something is really wrong with dude.
    With Rondo, to me is more of a personality issue, he's head strong.
    Cousins is ? .
    Its not like they trading Rondo for a Kwahi Leonard, D.Rose Type of player. they Trading Rondo for some one waaaaay worse.
    Dude has a history of clashing with his coaches, dating back 2 Kentucky.

I think he needs to go to a shrink like Ron Artest did. I truly don't think he is a bad guy because he has never really gotten into serious trouble off the court since Kentucky anyway. LOL. Rondo kind of comes off as a ? while Cousins comes off as a person who is too emotional.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I ain't making excuses for nikkas that do dumb ? in sports, but I kinda understand a cat like Cousins.

Considering his talent and size, he's probably had people kissing his ass and pulling strings for him since he was in the 4th grade. Everybody in his life telling him "yes" no matter what he asks for whether it be teachers, coaches, bishes, friends, etc.

But then when these brothas get to the league we expect them to just fall in line when they're told no by some NBA coach or owner.

Plus, NBA coaches have never been more powerless than they are today --- so I'm not surprised when a young, coveted, talented player making 3 times as much as his coach bucks when he's told something he doesn't like.

*shrug*
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    @greenwood1921

I think he likes playing basketball and wants to win so he gets ? when stuff isn't going right. he doesn't know how to channel his emotions it seems in a more constructive manner. I truly believe the guy would be a better player in a more winning environment with vets in the locker room.

If he would've went to Boston with all those Vets and Doc coaching he would've been fine. Where as Rondo just comes off like his ? don't stink and if you tell him it does no matter how good you are he ain't trying to listen to you. I mean Ray Allen is known around the league for being a pretty classy dude and he couldn't even get along with him. Even Doc who is pretty laid back is trying to fight this dude. I remember when Rondo and CP3 got into it when CP3 was in New Orleans.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully cavs can make some. Moves
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Baw$3$mok3.JR

He needs a coach like Pop, someone that aint afraid to tell him about himself and he need veterans that can tutor him
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Hopefully cavs can make some. Moves

I just read that the Cavs offered the Celtics 2 2nd Round picks for Pierce

Don't know how true it is, I read it on NBC Pro Basketball Talk
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Page 1 of Every Unrestricted FA:

Devin Harris
    Dahntay Jones
    Kyle Korver
    Zaza Pachulia
    Johan Petro
    Josh Smith
    Anthony Tolliver
    Chris Wilcox
    Andray Blatche
    Keith Bogans
    Jerry Stackhouse
    C.J. Watson
    DeSagana Diop
    Josh McRoberts
    Jannero Pargo
    Reggie Williams
    Marco Belinelli
    Daequan Cook
    Nazr Mohammed
    Vladimir Radmanovic
    Nate Robinson
    Daniel Gibson
    Shaun Livingston
    Marreese Speights (P)
    Luke Walton
    Elton Brand
    Mike James
    Chris Kaman
    Shawn Marion (ETO)
    O.J. Mayo
    Anthony Morrow
    Brandan Wright
    Corey Brewer
    Andre Iguodala
    Will Bynum
    Jose Calderon
    Corey Maggette
    Jason Maxiel
    Jarrett Jack
    Carl Landry (P)
    Francisco Garcia
    D.J. Augustin
    David West
    Sam Young
  • Beta
    Options
    Page 2:

Matt Barnes
    Chauncey Billups
    Ryan Hollins
    Lamar Odom
    Chris Paul
    Ronny Turiaf
    Earl Clark
    Dwight Howard
    Antawn Jamison
    Jodie Meeks (T)
    Metta World Peace (ETO)
    Tony Allen
    Jerryd Bayless (P)
    Keyon Dooling
    Ray Allen (P)
    Chris Andersen
    Mario Chalmers (T)
    Juwan Howard
    Rashard Lewis (P
    Samuel Dalembert
    Marquis Daniels
    Mike Dunleavy
    Monta Ellis
    Joel Przybilla
    J.J. Redick
    Dante Cunningham (T)
    Andrei Kirilenko (P)
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Lou Amundson
    Xavier Henry
    Roger Mason Jr.
    Jason Smith (T)
    Earl Barron
    Kenyon Martin
    Quentin Richardson
    J.R. Smith
  • Beta
    Options
    Page 3:

Ronnie Brewer
    Derek Fisher
    Kevin Martin
    Hedo Turkoglu (ETO)
    Beno Udrih
    Kwame Brown (P)
    Andrew Bynum
    Royal Ivey
    Damien Wilkins
    Dorell Wright
    Nick Young
    Wesley Johnson
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Luke Babbitt
    J.J. Hickson
    Nolan Smith
    Elliot Williams
    Cole Aldrich
    DeJuan Blair
    Boris Diaw (P)
    Manu Ginobili
    Patrick Mills (P)
    Tracy McGrady
    Tiago Splitter
    Alan Anderson
    Mickael Pietrus
    Sebastian Telfair
    DeMarre Carroll
    Randy Foye
    Al Jefferson
    Paul Millsap
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Earl Watson
    Mo Williams
    Trevor Ariza (P)
    Leandro Barbosa
    Jason Collins
    Cartier Martin
    Emeka Okafor (ETO)
    A.J. Price
    Martell Webster

For the ? who wanna know
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Emeka Okafor is a disappointment, he is no where near the player he was in college but, maybe he would be a solid player on a winning team
  • BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i sense Pat Riley making some damn near magical offseason happen for the Heat
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/story/_/page/2003-draft-history-1/an-oral-history-2003-lottery-draft

Oral history on the 2003 Draft that's changed the NBA. 30+ interviews...good read.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    @AlphaOutlaw

Nice drop of the unrestricted free agents.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MIAMI NEEDS A BETTER PG... THE THINGS THAT TONY PARKER DID TO WALDO AND MARIO WAS JUST DISRESPECTFUL!
  • Beta
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ford: About a week after that Darko workout in New York, the Pistons brought him to Detroit and he worked out again. It wasn't as good as the first one but he was impressive and they pretty much committed to him then. Will Robinson was this legendary scout for the Pistons. He had discovered Grant Hill, Joe Dumars and many, many others. Will compared him to a young Wilt Chamberlain. I wrote his quote but people always seem to attribute it to me.

Will Robinson (Pistons scout, 1976-2003): [Darko] is going to own the game. Own the game. We're going to have to build a new arena. The only thing that could destroy a kid like that is a woman.

Lmaoo
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darko got that ring though lol
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Page 1 of Every Unrestricted FA:

DeSagana Diop

tiger-woods-sm-fist-pump-o.gif
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign what most of y'all said about cousins. Even though his ? instincts take over far too often most of the time he's ? off that his team is so sorry. Plus sac town is a cesspool. The most mild mannered/easy going players in the league hate it there..