• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We won, Bosh looked like he been in the gym working on his game
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Bosh been working with Tim Grover as well. Think Bosh and Wade took it upon themselves to step their games up after the way they struggled in the playoffs for the most part. The jury is still out on Wade since we haven't seen him play though.
  • infamous114
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm hyped yo. We bringing back the black throwback jerseys this year.

http://instagram.com/miamiheat#

• infamous114
    Options
    Miami HEAT ‏@MiamiHEAT 28s

OFFICIAL: The @MiamiHEAT have exercised their team option on Norris Cole for the 2014-15 season.
  • infamous114
    edited October 2013
    Options
  • infamous114
    Options
    Michael Wallace ‏@WallaceNBA_ESPN 4s

Dwyane Wade said he plans to play Thursday's preseason game at Detroit.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Mario Chalmers lost 10 pounds in a week in a bet with Ray Allen.

Chalmers is now in the best shape of his NBA career.

"[The bet] started with Ray," Chalmers said. "Ever since then, I just got a little extra push. I've just been working harder. We wanted to three-peat. They all said, 'We need you to be the head of the team, you need to be in tip-top shape and we need you to lead by example.'"

Chalmers had a strained quad and dealt with ankle issues during camp last season.

"I feel a lot faster. It helps me get to different spaces on the court and small cracks easier. [Losing the weight] was more of a conscious thing of winning, helping the team. It wasn't an individual bet but what can I do to help the team get better."

game6-1.png
    Ray+Allen+Mario+Chalmers+Boston+Celtics+v+mRPHpo0coVsx.jpg
    b50sA.St.56.jpeg
  • infamous114
    Options
    Lol this team is motivated for that 3peat. Doesn't look like we're entering the season mentally or physically drained. Hope we do coast at times in the season. Lower the big 3's minutes. Try to enter the playoffs healthy as possible.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Bosh 12 of 16 for 28 points. Obviously, Lebron ain't playing at 100% effort and Wade taking it slow, but if Bosh plays this aggressive this season, ? can get ugly. Beasley gave us decent minutes.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Bosh been reviewing the tapes from last year playoffs esp in the ECFs and the Finals....this aggression must translate to the reg season and playoffs...granted having to share the ball with Wade n Lebron out there will ? his momentum a little bit but we can't have a repeat of what happened last post season
  • Beta
    Options
  • infamous114
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Gotta have Oden do things that take the least kind of effort in case he tears both his ACLs trying to power clean or jump rope or whatever lol

Someone from the outside would wonder why Rio has a 6 tat with a crown on it thinking it's for Bron or something lol.
  • Beta
    Options
    lol @ james jones lookin like hes struggling

But about that greg oden possibly playing in preseason im nervous as ? about that.

Gonna be one of those cases where he plays for like 8 mins and then the next day oden misses practice due to swelling in his knee or some ? . Then a week later they say he'll be out for a couple of weeks and then they'll say he needs surgery or somethin and then its a wrap lol

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/lebron-james-opens-up-about-his-relationship-with-michael-jordan/
    LeBron James opens up about his relationship with Michael Jordan

In an excellent interview with ESPN’s Chris Broussard, LeBron James talked extensively about his offseason, his place among basketball’s all-time greats, and his sources of inspiration. James said Jordan is unquestionably the greatest basketball player of all time, but detailed exactly what he feels he has to do to dethrone MJ (who James says “definitely thinks he can beat me one-on-one right now”).

Via ESPN:

"I don’t know what it would take for the so-called experts to say that — that’s not what I’m trying to do. My goal is to be the best of all time, and that means maximizing everything I have. And I feel if I can maximize my game, then I can be ranked as if not the greatest, then one of the greatest…. I’m not trying to catch Magic or catch Bird or catch Kobe. I’m into maximizing what I have while I have the opportunity to do it."

When asked why he doesn’t have a stronger relationship with Michael Jordan, James wasn’t entirely sure.

“I think it’s just being busy. Obviously, I’m busy. MJ has a lot going on. I don’t know the reasons, but it’s never been sparked. I’ve seen him at times. Of course, I’ve met him a few times. I went to his 50th-birthday party at All-Star weekend. I went to his party to show respect and pay homage to the greatest. I had a conversation with him there. Obviously, there were a lot of people there. But I don’t know.”

James also revealed that Philadelphia 76ers legend Allen Iverson was one of his favorite players as a kid.

"I watch Jordan more than anybody, for sure. But I’ll watch tapes of AI too. I don’t take anything from AI. Well, I do — his will. They say he was six feet, but AI was like 5’10½”. Do we even want to say 160? 170? Do we even want to give him that much weight? And he played like a 6’8″ 2-guard. He was one of the greatest finishers we’ve ever seen. You could never question his heart. Ever. He gave it his all. AI was like my second favorite player growing up, after MJ."
  • infamous114
    Options
    Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 3m

Hearing that Roger Mason, Jr, who had a nice night in Washington, has already made the Heat
  • infamous114
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

But about that greg oden possibly playing in preseason im nervous as ? about that.

Gonna be one of those cases where he plays for like 8 mins and then the next day oden misses practice due to swelling in his knee or some ? . Then a week later they say he'll be out for a couple of weeks and then they'll say he needs surgery or somethin and then its a wrap lol

Bruh if you managed to jinx it...lol
  • Beta
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Bruh if you managed to jinx it...lol

lmaooo I already know how it goes bruh...
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    October 29th cant get here soon enough!
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Heat Championship film/doc is on Nba tv @ 10:30 et...
  • infamous114
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 28m

Spoelstra says Allen, Beasley, Haslem won't play tonight. Wade likely to start.

Spoelstra says Oden is still ahead of schedule "but we want to temper things."

Mario Chalmers says he's sworn off arena food after his issue in DC. "And I'm only getting my crab dip in Alaska."
  • infamous114
    Options
    We cut Varnado. Season just around the corner, let's get it.
  • infamous114
    Options
This discussion has been closed.