• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D-Wade's not playing tonight.

2i8ysmp.jpg
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who would've though L #1 would come to them Philly boys.

Trap games work.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Your team earned it.

We need to stop with the turnovers. 39 turnovers in 2 games is unacceptable. On to the next one.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D Washed rested,rehabbed,got plasma/hgh treatment,trained with tim grover da Goat this summer and has soreness after the 1st game and has to sit out in game #2

Sad

SO SAD
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough loss but it helps waking the team up.

Rio had another good game Im liking what im seeing. I wonder if MCW playing like that was an aberration because I figured he would struggle a little bit this year
  • infamous114
    Options
    Lethargic through 3 games. Bron ans Wade need to get their conditioning up
  • Beta
    Options
    these ? ? gave me this ? avi. ? these half assed playin ?
  • Beta
    Options
    time for battier to stop getting minutes and for beasley to take his minutes because I think battier missed his last 12 three point attempts. But knowing ? boy spo he would throw James Jones there instead
  • infamous114
    Options
    I'm surprised Mason been getting minutes when Wade doesn't play
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good bounce back win, we gotta take our time and relax, everybody gonna throw their best at us this year so we just got to stay grounded and keep playing our game and Spo gotta work the rotation more instead of using the same 9 or 10 players, that's how injury and fatigue kicks in, we got a 15 man roster use it this is not the playoffs
  • infamous114
    Options
    Lol no team uses their full rotation routinely during a season but I get what you mean. Rashard looks to be getting minutes this season. UD's minutes are going down.
  • south4life
    Options
    Lol no team uses their full rotation routinely during a season but I get what you mean. Rashard looks to be getting minutes this season. UD's minutes are going down.

I know they don't use the whole roster but, most teams use 12 or 13 player rotation while we use 9 or 10 player rotation.

If teams know the rotation is LeBron, Bosh, Birdman, Wade, Cole, Chalmers, Haslem, Battier and Allen every night they have their defensive schemes ready but, if he changes the rotation every now and then this throw them off and this keeps teams on their toes.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's saying beasley and jones should play
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This team can be infuriating to watch early in the year.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that we will have to wait for 10 games to see the real Heat
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are the 2 time champs.

They need to get their egos slapped by some C grade teams and the press to get back on track imo.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    819519632.gif

terio-lebron-james-dwayne-wade-570x540.png
    Internet sensation Terio, known for his dance and the “ooh ? em” narration, apparently is a Miami Heat fan. The kid has become such a big internet sensation that Meek Mill even sampled the line for his Kendrick Lamar diss track following the Control verse.

Nevertheless, Terio was sitting front row for the Miami heats game. Dwyane Wade was leaving the court and noticed him too. It looks like Wade pauses for a second when he realizes that it is the one and only Terio.

The Heat beat the Washington Wizards 103-93 on Sunday night.

The Lakers think they have a star-studded crowd? They don’t have Terio!
  • rage
    Options
    Rio looks like he has elevated his game, Wade dropped a nice 20, 6 and 5 he'll get better as he gets healthier...Bron well its to the point now 30+, 8 and 8 is just another good game for him.

Its way to early to get any kind of impression of how the team will be but its safe to say this is the best Miami Heat team ever. Not only from a personal stand point but also from a strategic one. Filipino Jackson is severely slept on as an elite coach, but he has this team of superstars playing unselfish ball (30+ assists 2 nights in a row), they are a LOCKDOWN defensive team when the need arises and they finally have a 2nd unit that can put up some points and not let things get too out of hand. All things that great teams, championship teams need to do.

Also If Oden and Beasley can give them 10 to 15 solid minutes a night...it is a WRAP.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Lebron put up those numbers effortlessly. Beasley was solid in few minutes he played. Wade and Allen were solid. Got a good test with the Clippers on deck.
  • rage
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why Rashad Lewis is getting minutes?? is he getting Miller's minutes?
  • infamous114
    Options
    Seems like it. I'm going to take a good look at what rotations Spo uses when the team is at full strength.
  • infamous114
    Options
  • rage
    Options
    tumblr_mvtzq5MSCk1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Bron could easily be the best PG in the league.
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2013
    Options
    miamiherald.com/2013/11/07/3736070/patience-is-a-virtue-for-miami.html
    Patience is a virtue for Miami Heat’s Michael Beasley

As Michael Beasley conducted a postgame interview inside Air Canada Centre on Tuesday, he was interrupted by a booming voice a few feet away.

“You were awesome tonight!” LeBron James shouted.

Beasley played just four minutes against Toronto, making his first appearance of the season on a night Chris Bosh was back in Miami with his newborn daughter. He might not even get off the bench Thursday when the Los Angeles Clippers visit.

But you will hear no hint of disappointment from Beasley, even though the lack of playing time is unlike anything he has experienced.

“I’m not a patient guy,” he admitted. “But I know I can be patient. It’s not like I’m coming in here and trying to beat out rookies. We’re talking about Hall of Fame guys.”

Not playing much, he said, “is not difficult. I’m having fun with a great group of guys. Learning more than I’ve ever learned. It’s amazing. I get to learn a lot from guys that are where I want to be. So it’s actually a good situation for me.”

For now, coach Erik Spoelstra seems more comfortable playing Rashard Lewis when he uses a 10th man.

It’s an unusual predicament for Beasley, who has appeared in at least 73 games in all four of his NBA seasons when he wasn’t sidelined by a significant injury. (He missed 11 games with a sprained foot for Minnesota in 2011-12.)

Beasley averaged 29.8 minutes per game in his second season with the Heat (2009-10) and 26.4 minutes in his previous five seasons.

So is he is frustrated at all by his role?

“Not one bit,” he said.

He finally got his chance midway through the second quarter Tuesday and quickly drained two three-pointers before missing his only other two shots.

“I was scared to shoot that first shot,” he said. “When it went in, it felt like old times. But I was nervous. I had the mind-set just to stay ready. I’m just trying to do my part and hope it ends well.”

Spoelstra said he has spoken to Beasley about being patient and said Beasley’s practice performance has been “good. He’s making positive steps. He just has to continue to embrace the work. … He was a 19-year-old when we received him. This is his sixth season. So everybody matures naturally just from life and experience.”

Beasley, 24, said even if he’s not playing, simply being in this structured environment ultimately will help his career.

“I will be a better player because of it,” he said. “Mentally, I’m in a better place. It’s a privilege to be here.”

Beasley, whose one-year contract doesn’t become fully guaranteed until Jan. 10, said he has improved “everywhere.” Teammates say his defense is better, and he’s moving the ball more decisively.

“He’s definitely more mature” than his first stint here, Udonis Haslem said. “And he’s not worrying about anything but getting better. He’s coachable. He listens.”

Clippers stronger

The Heat on Thursday will be facing what appears to be the Clippers’ most formidable team in many years. Besides hiring coach Doc Rivers, they also added J.J. Redick, Jared Dudley and Darren Collison to their nucleus of Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

“They’re a great team,” James said. “It’s like they surrounded [Paul] like his New Orleans days. They’ve got a great supporting cast.”

James is close with Paul, who attended James’ wedding in September.

Wade’s mark

Sometime soon, Dwyane Wade will tie Dennis Johnson’s record for most blocks by a player 6-4 or shorter. Wade, who is five short of Johnson’s mark of 675, has averaged 1.0 blocks in his career, a shade ahead of deceased former Celtic Reggie Lewis, who ranks second all time among guards at 0.9.

“It’s cool I have my own category,” Wade said. “I take more pride in my blocks more than anything. I’m supposed to be able to dunk in transition. But having a certain amount of blocks is not what I’m supposed to do at my position.”

Throughout his career, Wade — who is listed at 6-4 but is actually 6-3, according to Spoelstra — has swatted away shots of taller players, including seven-footers Brook Lopez and Dirk Nowitzki and 6-11 Dwight Howard. His block of 7-1 center Tyson Chandler’s dunk attempt during an NBA Finals game was particularly memorable.

“Defensively, we started playing position-less our first year because of Dwyane’s ability to be the back line of your defense in certain situations and play that as effectively as a 6-10, 7-foot center,” Spoelstra said.

“It’s remarkable, his ability to make those plays … to cover ground.”

The key to Wade’s shot-blocking prowess?

“He’s got great awareness and great hand-eye coordination,” Shane Batter said. “Some guys turn it into steals. He does blocks and steals.”
  • south4life
    Options
    This is gonna be a great game tonight!
This discussion has been closed.