These ? done shocked the f**k outta me: The Official 2013-14 Boston Celtics Thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    glad we were able to keep Chris Johnson long term foreal he was one of da few guys who's actually tried dis year
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Glad sully has overcame dat back injury to play well dis year hes prolly been our most consistent player dis year for sure a building block for da future
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to keep my eye on Carroll, I watched a little bit of him this year I really just want to see how good of a defender he is, judging from his numbers in the past month in the same amount of minutes as Green hes shooting over 50% while Green is shooting under 40, but he hits more 3's, grabs the same amount of rebounds, causes more turnovers, dishes out more assists, turns the ball over less, and he makes 7/8 million less, I think if we can get him and Antic in a deal we win, Green just isn't that dude and will free up more cap while getting a guy whose proving to be more efficient, unless hes a liability of defense
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    its rumored Ainge wants to build around Rondo, Sully nd Jeff Green so I guess Jeff wont be traded after all, hopefully Chris Johnson gettin dat 4 year deal means Avery is on his way dis offseason too
  • its....JOHN B
    edited April 2014
    Options
    What do yall want to see happen this offseason? Ive come up with like 20 different scenarios I would like to see happen, but in the end id rather them just keep this team the way it is and take a chance on Embiid if we get the opportunity, bring him along slow next year and hope he makes a huge leap by his 2nd year and can stay healthy
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do yall want to see happen this offseason? Ive come up with like 20 different scenarios I would like to see happen, but in the end id rather them just keep this team the way it is and take a chance on Embiid if we get the opportunity, bring him along slow next year and hope he makes a huge leap by his 2nd year and can stay healthy

C's hustlin backwards.If the lakers lose 2 more games (and you KNOW they will) they will pass the c's and have a bottom 5 record and ya'll will need utter luck to get a top 5 pick.Better lose out
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

C's hustlin backwards.If the lakers lose 2 more games (and you KNOW they will) they will pass the c's and have a bottom 5 record and ya'll will need utter luck to get a top 5 pick.Better lose out

we got Philly and Washington, we're going 1-1 or potentially winning out, we were just tied for the 3rd worst record 2 days ago too smh
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Honestly idk who i want us to draft some fans are overreacting to these back to back dubs, we have 25 wins i think we can still get a top 5 pick in da lottery but if we cant get embiid then id want Wiggins, if we don't get a top 3 pick id wanna take a chance on Marcus smart just in case avery walks or demands too much money. I think both sully nd KO will continue improving next year so iont see da need for julius randle. Ainge has said multiple times hes not too impressed wit dis draft so i think he might flip one or both of our picks nd a couple players for kevin love i just got a feelin a power move is comin
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got that wrong.You won't need luck they'll still have a good chance at a top 1-5 pick it just diminishes your chances
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Honestly idk who i want us to draft some fans are overreacting to these back to back dubs, we have 25 wins i think we can still get a top 5 pick in da lottery but if we cant get embiid then id want Wiggins, if we don't get a top 3 pick id wanna take a chance on Marcus smart just in case avery walks or demands too much money. I think both sully nd KO will continue improving next year so iont see da need for julius randle. Ainge has said multiple times hes not too impressed wit dis draft so i think he might flip one or both of our picks nd a couple players for kevin love i just got a feelin a power move is comin

I don't know about that one, Smart's a point I cant see him playing the 2, its a step backwards imo, if they are going to draft a point to play the 2 I hope its this guy

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1974365-breaking-down-what-makes-dante-exum-a-top-2014-nba-draft-prospect

probably should come out as a shooting guard anyway
  • BlackAX410
    Options

I don't know about that one, Smart's a point I cant see him playing the 2, its a step backwards imo, if they are going to draft a point to play the 2 I hope its this guy

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1974365-breaking-down-what-makes-dante-exum-a-top-2014-nba-draft-prospect

i heard he's a beast idk tho i heard he was a point guard as well if we draft him i think Rondo is gonna get moved cuz next year will be a contract year for him
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Ainge had plenty to say about the key players on his team and their offseason prospects, but his response to a question on the future of Rajon Rondo was noteworthy.

"Listen, there's no one person that's more important than the whole organization. We need to be good because we all want to be good. I want my coach to stay, I want Jeff Green to want to be here, I want free agents that are out there looking at us play to want to play here. I want fans to want to come to the game, ya know everybody wants to win, but not just for one player, not just for one person. We all want to win and that's what we are trying to accomplish."
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Evidently unconcerned about the pressure it may put on him, Danny Ainge went ahead and doubled down on Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck’s statement that there will be “fireworks” this offseason.

“I think the 4th of July, we’ll have some fireworks,” said Ainge with a smile.

OK, so Danny is no threat to Lenny Clarke, Don Gavin, Steve Sweeney and the rest of the Boston comedy legends. But he will be around all summer trying to take giant steps on Rebuilding Road. (And while we’re at it, remember to tip your waitstaff and bartenders.)

“I don’t know,” Ainge went on before the Celts took to the parquet against Washington to complete their season. “We’re hopeful. I have some ideas and some plans that I’d like to do, but there’s just no guarantee that we can do it. We need to find good trading partners. We always are trying to make fireworks. Every summer we try to do something that’s unique and special, and we will definitely try this summer.

“I don’t know anything about what we can do. I’m hopeful. I’ll work my tail off to duplicate what we’ve done in the past, but there are no guarantees.”
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I can't wait for the lottery even though the Celtics have a history of bad luck, Duncan should of been a Celtic, and even though Ainge worked his magic in 07 falling to 5 was a travesty at the time
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Man aint nobody on da squad safe im hoping sully stays but i just got a feeling if we don't get a top 3 pick ainge is gonna try to make a package for kevin love, da only people ive seen ainge completely support is sully, rondo, avery, Humphries nd surprisingly jeff green we'll see im expecting huge changes tho
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Nobody's safe, but at the same time even though Love has said Boston is a place he'd like to play I think it would still take a move before that move for him to agree to resign here, basically the same way it took us trading for ray for KG to agree to play here, if we gut the whole team for him and all we got is Rondo then he probably won't look at Boston as an option
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I had a dream we ended up with the 8th pick in the lottery smh, I woke up in cold sweats
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Maybe we can snatch up Deandre Jordan from the Clippers, he's not staying there
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I had a dream we ended up with the 8th pick in the lottery smh, I woke up in cold sweats

dont say some ? like dat mane lls im confident we'll get a top 3 pick
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pistons getting the 1st pick. Boston getting the 11th pick. #Trollin
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Pistons getting the 1st pick. Boston getting the 11th pick. #Trollin

Pistons can give us Drummond and their pick for our pick if it isn't top 3, I wish Dumar's stupid ass was still in office so he can continue to build around Smith and Jennings lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If Okc gets bounced out Westbrook for Rondo and whatever other pieces involved could become a reality, I didn't think much of it but I been hearing people bring it up and I know Ainge made the offer a couple years back, only then will I think Love in Boston also becomes a reality
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Hearin we're real high on dis Exum guy from Australia he's a 6'6 point guard who cant shoot apparently, if we draft him i already kno Rondo is gonna feel some type of way if he falls to us
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

That's the best news I heard all day, I been saying draft Exum, bring back Avery, trade Rondo and to try to get Aaron Gordon, bring back Perk once okc amnesty's him, keep Green, work on the bench with Sully being the first man off, we will be good unless Exum or Gordon end up being a total bust

• BlackAX410
    Options

That's the best news I heard all day, I been saying draft Exum, bring back Avery, trade Rondo and to try to get Aaron Gordon, bring back Perk once okc amnesty's him, keep Green, work on the bench with Sully being the first man off, we will be good unless Exum or Gordon end up being a total bust

? no lmao im not pressed to keep Avery here especially if he demands too much money ( I heard da market aint strong for him cuz of his injury issues) i wanna see wat da squad looks like around Rondo when he's healthy. Secondly Sully averaged 13 & 8 dude HAS to start for us at da 4 hopefully we get someone at da center position whether its thru free agency or da 17th pick we have. KO should be da 1st man off da bench i like wat he showed da 2nd half of da year especially in April, I still would like Jabari but a lot depends on wat happens wit da lottery on Tuesday if we're top 3 iont want us pickin Exum or Gordon