Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Discussion Thread (Nov 5th)

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    read the lyrics?
    no thanks...
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn in learn something new
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    funny how the responses in the MMLP2 thread are completely different from this one. In there they got 30+ posters praising the song and here posters just come in to hate because it's em.

To each his own i guess.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woooow ok. I get yall

I never said this was something to ride to, nor to bump in the club. This was a showcase of lyrical display. Read the lyrics then get back at me. You youngins prolly didn't even catch the references he made.

I swear to ? if i didn't see a lil b appreciation thread here? end of discussion.

my 2 cents

So you're crying because certain people don't like the song?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The IC really don't ? with em like that I see....I thought the ? was fire but have absolutely no problem with anybody who didn't like it I just better not ever see that same person come out and say busta killed anything that's new cuz he sound just like this.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    funny how the responses in the MMLP2 thread are completely different from this one. In there they got 30+ posters praising the song and here posters just come in to hate because it's em.

To each his own i guess.

I like the song, but damn, get out ya feelings.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a pure display of lyricism........he killed it.
    As a song........it's trash.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    woooow ok. I get yall

I never said this was something to ride to, nor to bump in the club. This was a showcase of lyrical display. Read the lyrics then get back at me. You youngins prolly didn't even catch the references he made.

I swear to ? if i didn't see a lil b appreciation thread here? end of discussion.

my 2 cents

i don't give a ? if you don't like it or not you ? ? . You are the one that started ? from out of nowhere.
  • dwade206
    Options
    woooow ok. I get yall

my 2 cents

i don't give a ? if you don't like it or not you ? ? . You are the one that started ? from out of nowhere.

If you didn't give a ? you wouldn't of responded multiple times and posted memes. I said I thought the ? was wack. You went into full emotional ? -made ? ? mode and caught feelings.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

To each his own i guess.

I like the song, but damn, get out ya feelings.

what feelings? i clearly said to each his own. i think his lyrics were dope. you can think otherwise
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk why y'all are so surprised by this beat being generic. Up until Relapse all of his beats were never that good.

it isnt generic though, thats why people are saying its wack, cause its something they arent used to, but its fire. id rather hear an original beat than the same ? over and over that everyone else is rapping on. the upbeat/electronic sound goes perfect with the flows he uses.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    woooow ok. I get yall

my 2 cents

If you didn't give a ? you wouldn't of responded multiple times and posted memes. I said I thought the ? was wack. You went into full emotional ? -made ? ? mode and caught feelings.

you think u were the only one i was responding to when i posted that pic. ole homotional look at me fatherless neega ?
  • dwade206
    Options
    Meh, you're trying to hard. Dude, this Em ? got you too emotional.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    i really don't care b. stop replying. you too emotional. i keep seeing your name in my notifications
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrically he ? on cats.. Beat wise its terrible and really no hook so Its not a radio/car made song. Headphone music for those who like lyrics.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Horse from bravehearts wrote most of Eminem stuff early stuff (not the racist tape of course)
    That's why Nas kicked him from Bravehearts I belive

• dwade206
    Options
    Man, ? yo song, ? .
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we supposed to read the lyrics because the beat sucks?

I'll pass and without listening I'll just say....Eminem's aiight
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He killed it sure but it's not something I'd listen to more than once.
    It's not that it don't bump in the whip I play whatever in my car. It just doesn't have any replay value to me.
    It's not a good crafted song and the beat is trash.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Man, ? yo song, ? .
    b stop ? responding you emtional ?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This song sounds like "Vintage Em" to me..
    nex gin wrote: »
    As a song........it's trash.
    And that's all that matters..
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    The IC really don't ? with em like that I see....I thought the ? was fire but have absolutely no problem with anybody who didn't like it I just better not ever see that same person come out and say busta killed anything that's new cuz he sound just like this.

Busta's delivery is 10x more fluid albeit comical, and his ability to pick wholesome beats is second to none.

Em, albeit potentially superior in the lyrics department, can be irritating as all hell over beats which usually don't help either.

I disagree. This is not some Busta-like ? .

maxresdefault.jpg