Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Discussion Thread (Nov 5th)

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    lol @ listening to a song then looking for quotables posted in a thread.

Lol at thinking I was "looking" for quotables. That's just my way of saying there are none. If you all concede that it's a subpar song at best but fall back on the fact that he's "spitting" then there damn well better be some quotables

so sit down stanley

Stanley? Oooo u got me good with that one.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    mdot wrote: »
    I'm waiting until the album drops I'm gonna pass on hearing it until I get the full body of work.

Same I'm old fashion I tend listen to the entire album when it drops skipping leaks and singles.

Yeah pretty much makes you appreciate it more as a whole. I think that's what's wrong nowadays we get the music too quick after a week or so people are done with the album.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting until the album drops I'm gonna pass on hearing it until I get the full body of work.

Same I'm old fashion I tend listen to the entire album when it drops skipping leaks and singles.

Yeah pretty much makes you appreciate it more as a whole. I think that's what's wrong nowadays we get the music too quick after a week or so people are done with the album.
    Man people are done with an album when it officially drops on a Tuesday lol.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man people are done with an album when it officially drops on a Tuesday lol.

Lmao so true. It was a while back when Food and liquor 2 came out I got to it late maybe a couple of weeks I had to dig a few pages to see what people thought of the album. Everyone had moved on.

I remember last year life is good thread and ? forgives I don't lasted longer than usual on here. But album discussions on here come and go.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

I just listened again, dude is animal lyrically but I wish he would have done this on a better beat.

It's better than the first listen.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem could release the GOAT rap album and still get hate. Should be used to it by now
    He could drop the GOAT album with classic Dre beats all over it and Nate Doggy Dogg hooks and bridges and I still wouldn't cop it.

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    played Rap ? in the whip, it goes hard as ? .
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After listening to that track a couple times with my studio headphones, beat grows in you. Track is sick as ? .
  • Stew
    Options
    The machine is in full affect. I seen HipHopDx tweet out that Boy George criticizes "Rap ? " lol I just smh
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem could release the GOAT rap album and still get hate. Should be used to it by now

more likely he'll release a trash album and get a grammy
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

more likely he'll release a trash album and get a grammy
  • BarryHalls
    Options
    IMO, the only folks that hate on this track are either 90s babies, Negros hating on the simple fact that he's white and folks who are fans of that catchy, mainstream sound with ABC rhymes.

How are you a fan of HIP HOP, not HIP POP, and hate on this.

Dont give me that ? about the beat. Back in the glory days of hip hop, lyricism was first, beat second.

This wigga just bodied this cut.

He spit more words on this track than the whole Yeezus album.

I like the fact that he went in by paying homage to Hip Hop pioneers. Artists that built this genre that some of these new ? dont even know about.

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw that rap ? track is dope, y'all just need to relax and be entertained
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beat was wack but he killed it lyrically
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reason#101 Em would body Lupe in a battle.
  • BarryHalls
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »

No ? sherlock.

Lupe aint no battle rapper.

Thats like comparing an And1 Player (Eminem) VS an NBA Coach (Lupe)
  • Stew
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »
    Kalecrunch wrote: »

No ? sherlock.

Lupe aint no battle rapper.

Thats like comparing an And1 Player (Eminem) VS an NBA Coach (Lupe)

It appears that some ppl disagree looking at the reactions. U calling them morons or haters?
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just saw on CNN Eminem being called out for having anti-? lyrics.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    crackers, ? , and spics love feminem
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trap ? trap ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO, the only folks that hate on this track are either 90s babies, Negros hating on the simple fact that he's white and folks who are fans of that catchy, mainstream sound with ABC rhymes.

Dont give me that ? about the beat. Back in the glory days of hip hop, lyricism was first, beat second.

I like the fact that he went in by paying homage to Hip Hop pioneers. Artists that built this genre that some of these new ? dont even know about.

Yes brilliant lyricism such as
    "If I can't batter the women how am I supposed to bake them a cake then?"
    "They say I rap like a robot, call me rapbot"
    or ryhming human with human a bunch of times.

My the bar has been lowered
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your bar bredren......Your avi seems to be getting to your head bredren....Dont be a sheep.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That batter line was dope since batter has 2 different meanings, and the rapbot was jus a setup line stop trying to hate ? ...
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

That batter line was dope since batter has 2 different meanings, and the rapbot was jus a setup line stop trying to hate ? ...

Dude seems to not know what wordplay is.....