Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Discussion Thread (Nov 5th)

Options

Comments

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last verse was good. Lets see how the rest of the songs sound.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are goin in too hard on the beat b/c yall wanna hate on the song so bad.. I'll admit, it isn't the best beat I've heard but @ the same time I've heard way worse beats from a lot of yall ? fav rappers (2pac,Andre3000,Kendick,Nas,Jay,Common ect...) I don't understand how anybody can say they like Hiphop but say this song is trash jus b/c it doesn't "bump in the whip" and not somthin yall can watch hoes twerk too on your computers (b/c i doubt a lot you even go out like that)... A lot of yall judging music like females lookin for "quotables" and ? FOH....

Overall this a GOOD song for anybody who likes HipHop and it's a Great song for ppl who cares only about lyrics and wordplay.. But it for damn sure isn't "wack"
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he releases any more songs, hopefully it's the track w kdot.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    ? are goin in too hard on the beat b/c yall wanna hate on the song so bad.. I'll admit, it isn't the best beat I've heard but @ the same time I've heard way worse beats from a lot of yall ? fav rappers (2pac,Andre3000,Kendick,Nas,Jay,Common ect...) I don't understand how anybody can say they like Hiphop but say this song is trash jus b/c it doesn't "bump in the whip" and not somthin yall can watch hoes twerk too on your computers (b/c i doubt a lot you even go out like that)... A lot of yall judging music like females lookin for "quotables" and ? FOH....

Overall this a GOOD song for anybody who likes HipHop and it's a Great song for ppl who cares only about lyrics and wordplay.. But it for damn sure isn't "wack"

The beat is trash, that's a pretty big part of the song, so ? will talk about it.

? , people talk about Nasir's beat selection all the time, and a lot of ? think he's the greatest of all time, so stop thinking Eminem is getting some special kind of hate.
  • blu197
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

The beat is trash, that's a pretty big part of the song, so ? will talk about it.

? , people talk about Nasir's beat selection all the time, and a lot of ? think he's the greatest of all time, so stop thinking Eminem is getting some special kind of hate.

Majority of Nas beats are trash on most of his discography same with Em only difference is the same ? that say Nas is top 3 or GOAT is the same ? that act like Em is overrated and isn't top 10 wonder why???
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Majority of Nas beats are trash on most of his discography same with Em only difference is the same ? that say Nas is top 3 or GOAT is the same ? that act like Em is overrated and isn't top 10 wonder why???

Yea, you lost me with your logic there, carry on.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Eminem hwas sold over 100 million rap albums worldwide... but leave it to crackas to suggest he's a victim of racism just because some people say they aren't fans of his music or think he's overrated.

Poor Eminem.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slit your wrist if you don't think Em is one of the best to ever do it. Don't always like his Subject matters. Rap ? is cool - the usual em, multi syllabic wizardry
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody talking about the fisher price beat should focus more on the ? poverty hook. The hook is beyond corny. With that being said, his flow saved him like it's done many times throughout his career because his beat selection and hook game has never been that good in the first place. It's a alright track, gotta appreciate the lyricism he displayed.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This the first em album I won't listen to.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That "Rap ? " track was meh....
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    This the first em album I won't listen to.

Yeah, this Rap ? track is the only new song that's alright to me and that's not saying much.

I'm disappointed so far
    IWN4fXl.jpg
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em hit you with like 8 different styles in Rap ?

what was there not to like?
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    Em hit you with like 8 different styles in Rap ?

what was there not to like?

That's the only reason I was able to tolerate the ? beat and corny hook for 6 minutes tbh.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Just heard "Rap ? " for the 2nd time in some headphones. After the 1min mark ? is.......

2qdy5o0.gif

Cot damn
  • blu197
    Options
    Just heard "Rap ? " for the 2nd time in some headphones. After the 1min mark ? is.......

2qdy5o0.gif

Cot damn

I had to listen to it about 5 times to catch everything he was sayin, a lot of ? flew over my head the first couple of listens
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    100s = number of posts saying Em "killed" it
    Zero = number of quotables posted in this thread

I want to hear Em make good music... not just rap good.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    lol @ listening to a song then looking for quotables posted in a thread.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem could release the GOAT rap album and still get hate. Should be used to it by now
  • blu197
    Options
    The Deluxe version has 5 additional tracks
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting until the album drops I'm gonna pass on hearing it until I get the full body of work.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Deluxe it is.

The deluxe tracks on relapse and recovery were dope.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Deluxe it is.

The deluxe tracks on relapse and recovery were dope.

I throw Encore in there two...Ricky Ticky Toc, We As Americans, Love You More>>>> Encore
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    lol @ listening to a song then looking for quotables posted in a thread.

Lol at thinking I was "looking" for quotables. That's just my way of saying there are none. If you all concede that it's a subpar song at best but fall back on the fact that he's "spitting" then there damn well better be some quotables

so sit down stanley
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    I'm waiting until the album drops I'm gonna pass on hearing it until I get the full body of work.

Same I'm old fashion I tend listen to the entire album when it drops skipping leaks and singles.