The Wire (Revisted)

Options

Comments

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McNulty lost his damn ? mind in season 5.

Deputy Rawls was undercover ? , anybody caught that?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cheese seemed like a hot head, but he really hadn't shown himself to be disloyal. Prop Joe thought he understood him and had him under control.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I caught the ? angle with Rawls

When mouzones dude was going in that ? bar looking for Omar ? was hilarious when he called them ? sucking ?
  • BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watch this series twice a year. It always amazes how lucky this ? Marlo got. He was a phone call away from getting got in s3 when Slim was waitin on the call in the truck. Was lucky avon and stringer was beefing. Then when Lester finds the bodies in the vacant houses they end up stopping the investigation cuz of the school budget ? .

If that ain't lucky enough, the case they ultimately put on him was on some bogus ? so he str8 up walks, again he is one lucky bastard
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This one of my favorite scenes, Mcnulty made her feel like ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHuCn34NMl8
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Ain't no way a ? walking me to a bando to ? me ...mfs walking to they death
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watch this series twice a year. It always amazes how lucky this ? Marlo got. He was a phone call away from getting got in s3 when Slim was waitin on the call in the truck. Was lucky avon and stringer was beefing. Then when Lester finds the bodies in the vacant houses they end up stopping the investigation cuz of the school budget ? .

If that ain't lucky enough, the case they ultimately put on him was on some bogus ? so he str8 up walks, again he is one lucky bastard

also the fact that slim respected his position and avons authority.
    he could have took him out an dealt with it later....but he respected the game in general
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    jimmy.jpg

I'm "Jimmy McNulty" You put fire to everything you touch, and then you walk away while it burns. Always the smartest person in the room, you’re constantly irritating your bosses and co-workers, though no one can deny that you’re gifted – natural employee. You tend to get in sticky situations with the opposite sex, but it’s hard to resist your charms. It often seems like things in your professional life never change, but you’ll be OK. As long as you don’t end up on a boat.

Take "The Wire" quiz to see what character you are.

http://data.baltimoresun.com/quizzes/the-wire/
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy Carcetti
    Years ago, you exhibited worlds of potential and excited everyone you met with the promise of something different. Your enthusiasm for change? Unmatched. Your ultimate success in facilitating change? Minimal. Success has definitely changed you; most would say for the worse. But you must be doing something right – expect your rise up the professional ladder to continue.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stringer Bell
    You’re not interested in gangster BS; you always want to handle things like a businessman. An industrious, bookworm-ish type, you had high hopes for professional success when you were younger, but now that you’ve made it to the top, you ain’t gotta dream no more. Watch your back, though, especially when it comes to lifelong friends. Remember, there are games beyond The Game.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I got carcetti also thought I'd get Lester.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Stringer Bell
    You’re not interested in gangster BS; you always want to handle things like a businessman. An industrious, bookworm-ish type, you had high hopes for professional success when you were younger, but now that you’ve made it to the top, you ain’t gotta dream no more. Watch your back, though, especially when it comes to lifelong friends. Remember, there are games beyond The Game.

I got Stringer Bell too, one of my fav characters on the show
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9EFUNcIfrc

the pastor from the church carcetti went to before election day was the guest preacher at my church today.

dude is good and after service i talked with him and told him i recognized him from the wire and we talked a lil bit.

the wire is his favorite show of all time and he talked about how much of an honor it was for david simon to ask him to be on the show
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy Carcetti
    Years ago, you exhibited worlds of potential and excited everyone you met with the promise of something different. Your enthusiasm for change? Unmatched. Your ultimate success in facilitating change? Minimal. Success has definitely changed you; most would say for the worse. But you must be doing something right – expect your rise up the professional ladder to continue.
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Redid it as some answers I really had two options that fit and got Avon

You ain’t no suit-wearing businessman – you’re just a gangster, we suppose. Pulling strings from behind the scenes and staying in control, at all times, is your M.O. If you do get jammed up, no worries – plenty of people are happy to help you get the job done. But if anyone – even your best friend – wrongs you, you won’t hesitate to give him or her up. Just never on no Sunday.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNm21GWEJY

• twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamie Hector is an emotionless ass dude lmao. Fit his Marlo role perfectly.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I agree with the comments I've read on the first two pages about Stringer. He was one of my favorite characters, and I did respect him because he wasn't only about the game. He just needed to go what he did in a different way. He didn't analyze or know enough about Muzoune or Omar and their tactics. Which, I don't get how Avon knew so much about him if Avon and Sting been together since childhood. I would think Stinger would know him, too.

I was sad when Bodie died. He was one of those characters I hated in the beginning for killing Wallace, but by the time the killed him, I realized I respected him for who he was and I understood him.

I hated every part of Marlo, and everytime he came on the screen, I was hoping something would happen to him. There was nothing redeeming about him. We never got a backstory on him, but dude was just evil, with no feeling to him. I was wanting the Wire to come back just for the death of Marlo. I could see him being one of the dealers trying to get people hooked on a new drug if it would benefit him no matter who it would ? .
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah, I hated Herc. He was an ? , and people got hurt because of him. He didn't give a ? because nothing else mattered besides him.

Ziggy cracked me up because he was always on some ? and ? up. I bet his ass literally suffered in prison.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tommy carcetti ?

awww fukk this quiz
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout re-download this show and watch it again.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    You best roll out Omar, we in here with the mack 10

you know what I dont get? Dude I think named what? Terrell? coulda just opened out the window and popped omar in the top of the head with a handgun or something. Since omar had his back turned

Because he respected Omar, at least to not hit the ? when his back was turned. You see how Omar didn't just run up in the spot when he first rolled up? He respected their space and they had to give it back.

Plus, he knew that if he had come at Omar blasting and missed, it would have been a wrap.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I see everyone saying who the younger generation would grow up to be; I think Randy was going into the direction of being like Bodie. Its like neither one could catch a break when it mattered. Plus, they both got the "snitch" label that did them in.