Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Pics 3 and 8 are ugly but she's still nice. She can fit 3 ? in her mouth

Thats disgusting but i laughed
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im such a Wire snob. Nggas rewatchin bc its a marathon? You dont already got the box set?

yao_ming_meme_by_lecatinga-d4kpe13.jpg

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Im such a Wire snob. Nggas rewatchin bc its a marathon? You dont already got the box set?

yao_ming_meme_by_lecatinga-d4kpe13.jpg

I had the box set but that ? is spread out in like 3 diff locations...Damn shame

After watching the marathon, season 5 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was the first 2x I saw it.

Just to rehash because I wanna make sure I get it right, why did Marlo run up on them ? in that last scene? And why he licked his blood and was happy? Because he knew he truly couldn't conform like levy wanted?
  • S2J
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Marlo didnt run up on them. Just random stick up kids who aitn know who he was and they tried to rob him and he fended them off and i think took their gun.

Imo kinda alluding to the fact that the streets continue to move on and no one is immune, and how quickly legends are forgotten. The tatsing of the blood was kinda like 'yea, i love this ? ', maybe hinting at the viewers that he aitn gon be able to sit still/be out the game forever bc he love the ?

Also i thought it was kinda poetic bc throughout him doin all that dirt and bein a boss he never got a scratch, never got shot, nothin (to the dismay of some watchers who were loyal to the Avon/Stringer era like myself-them nggas got shot at, fightin each other, etc). But the day he supposed to be gettin out and he suited n booted is when he finally sees his own blood. Kinda like when a boxer sees his own blood its a sign of his own mortality. Like when Floyd got a ? nose Jim Lmapley damn near ? his pants. 'And something we've never seen before folks...the great Floyd Mayweather is bleeding' lol

Thats just my take
  • Beta
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Marlo didnt run up on them. Just random stick up kids who aitn know who he was and they tried to rob him and he fended them off and i think took their gun.

Imo kinda alluding to the fact that the streets continue to move on and no one is immune, and how quickly legends are forgotten. The tatsing of the blood was kinda like 'yea, i love this ? ', maybe hinting at the viewers that he aitn gon be able to sit still/be out the game forever bc he love the ?

Also i thought it was kinda poetic bc throughout him doin all that dirt and bein a boss he never got a scratch, never got shot, nothin (to the dismay of some watchers who were loyal to the Avon/Stringer era like myself-them nggas got shot at, fightin each other, etc). But the day he supposed to be gettin out and he suited n booted is when he finally sees his own blood. Kinda like when a boxer sees his own blood its a sign of his own mortality. Like when Floyd got a ? nose Jim Lmapley damn near ? his pants. 'And something we've never seen before folks...the great Floyd Mayweather is bleeding' lol

Thats just my take

since this is fresh in my mind, this ? Marlo walked across the street to their corner and butted into they convo and said "? you looking at?"

? said "you ? !"

Then Marlo was like do you know who I am? And then blah blah they tried to pull the hammer out then Marlo got cut but knocked the gun out his hands and then did the blood ? .

I do agree with what you said bout the blood thing though. Maybe Marlo wanted to test ? in the streets after finding out Omar kept callin him a ? in the streets
  • S2J
    Options
    Oh thats right, u right. I think the rest is still accurate, except he was lookin for that ? to flex
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I'm a huge Wire head. Big fan of the show. I think it deserves every bit of the praise that it receives.

If you know anyone who's ever only watched the show's entire run just once, encourage them to watch it again.

Replay value is so sick. I own all five seasons and I still sat and watched the marathon like I'm sure alot of you did days ago. I was still picking up little gems that are easy to miss if you blink.

Its easy to see how anyone can consider it an excellent show on first run. I don't think they know just how much the show actually deserves the title of GOAT until they've rewatched it in full tho.

The Wire is a show where each time you watch it you can focus on a different character and see the show from a whole different perspective each time. Yeah it had it's main characters but literally everyone on the show played a part in how the entire story played out over those 5 seasons.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marlo s last scene is confirmation of Marlo s inability to be,anything but who he is ... It is a reference to Avon and Stringer s conversation where Avon confirms,his gangsta and,says I'm not a suit wearing businessman like you...im just a gangster I suppose...and I want my corners...same ? Marlo did in that last scene was take a corner from those kids...

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    I love this show so much anybody got any questions holla at me
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marlo s last scene is confirmation of Marlo s inability to be,anything but who he is ... It is a reference to Avon and Stringer s conversation where Avon confirms,his gangsta and,says I'm not a suit wearing businessman like you...im just a gangster I suppose...and I want my corners...same ? Marlo did in that last scene was take a corner from those kids...

I don't know if you really can draw that conclusion. I looked at his actions to be more of him testing himself to see if he still had it. That doesn't mean that in the future he won't go on into is new life and find something else that drives him. I look at it sort of like the mobsters back in the day that went to Vegas and started making legit money. Some of them couldn't give up their old ways. Some of them did.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    half the block, car dealerships, clubs, and party promoters are wither ran by ex dealers or the fam of ex dealers cuz of ? like what happened to marlo, strong and avon.....

? constantly throwing their money into legitimate businesses, but they still do them on the low.....

marlo ain't stay clean...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    half the block, car dealerships, clubs, and party promoters are wither ran by ex dealers or the fam of ex dealers cuz of ? like what happened to marlo, strong and avon.....

? constantly throwing their money into legitimate businesses, but they still do them on the low.....

marlo ain't stay clean...

To be fair, a lot of those businesses are fronts and/or used to launder money. Marlo's legit money wouldn't have had any strings attached.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Everytime I go to the hood and see a business and corner store w no business I think drug front
  • Beta
    Options
    They need to make a prequel...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Elzo69Renaissance‌ weebay wife was thick huh?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

this is what most ppl dont get.... David Simon mentioned that season 4 and 5 are essentially and to be watched as a prequel
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

automatic smash
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

automatic smash
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

this is what most ppl dont get.... David Simon mentioned that season 4 and 5 are essentially and to be watched as a prequel

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I can see that the kids lives mirrored the older dudes, but their stories aren't the same as what we'd get in a true sequel.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I can see that the kids lives mirrored the older dudes, but their stories aren't the same as what we'd get in a true sequel.

remove ur connections to the actual characters... He is presenting it as this is what these indivifuals went tgrough to be where these characters are today.... For example bubbles right... He is saying that if u wanna know what happened to Bubbles early life for him to become who he became ....see Dookies story... Its not directly that Bubbles is ? .... But the similarities and correlations in their experience
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn though at Avon sending that ? Devonne into setting up Marlo. Avon almost got killed in the process and baby girl got killed in the process in the end. She didn't know what hit her. Marlo shot in her big juicy ? . and then one in the mouth. Avon is a ? . The only thing Marlo got out of this whole ordeal was some ? from the broad while hitting the ? off in truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycWt0_f1Wk
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options