Comments

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Marlo didnt run up on them. Just random stick up kids who aitn know who he was and they tried to rob him and he fended them off and i think took their gun.

Imo kinda alluding to the fact that the streets continue to move on and no one is immune, and how quickly legends are forgotten. The tatsing of the blood was kinda like 'yea, i love this ? ', maybe hinting at the viewers that he aitn gon be able to sit still/be out the game forever bc he love the ?

Also i thought it was kinda poetic bc throughout him doin all that dirt and bein a boss he never got a scratch, never got shot, nothin (to the dismay of some watchers who were loyal to the Avon/Stringer era like myself-them nggas got shot at, fightin each other, etc). But the day he supposed to be gettin out and he suited n booted is when he finally sees his own blood. Kinda like when a boxer sees his own blood its a sign of his own mortality. Like when Floyd got a ? nose Jim Lmapley damn near ? his pants. 'And something we've never seen before folks...the great Floyd Mayweather is bleeding' lol

Thats just my take

since this is fresh in my mind, this ? Marlo walked across the street to their corner and butted into they convo and said "? you looking at?"

? said "you ? !"

Then Marlo was like do you know who I am? And then blah blah they tried to pull the hammer out then Marlo got cut but knocked the gun out his hands and then did the blood ? .

I do agree with what you said bout the blood thing though. Maybe Marlo wanted to test ? in the streets after finding out Omar kept callin him a ? in the streets

At the end Marlo aint get no street glory,
    people in the streets barely knew who he was
    Its ironic because his team snatched the most lives,
    went to war with Avon and Omar,
    and took over the whole dope game..

You looking at it wrong. In a lot instances young ? like them dudes on that corner know of people like Marlo by name not by face cause they not on his team, in his age bracket or from the same hood.

Look at how far insulated from the corners Marlo, Avon and Stringer was. When they pulled up in the hood or corners everybody knew it was them but only 1-2 people would ever walk up on the car and speak to them.

If Marlo would have asked them young boys if they knew who "Marlo"(by name) was I bet they would answered that they heard of him and his crew.

Hell even Avon had never seen Marlo before and they was beefing heavy.

That's why Marlo was so adamant about his name being respected. At the end of the day though he never rehabilitated it. He left the game as that dude Omar was calling out who never answered the call.

Exactly..
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing ? wit the wire PERIOD!!!!!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok.....this should be the last i speak of this.....until i speak about it again.

Avon was and still the king.
    thinking about marlo, he needed avon to get to the connect. once he got popped he sold his connect but will need muscle to get it back from the east side ? . if he aint got people who promote fear like snoop and chris...he aint ? . Marlo wasnt even know at the end by street ? . so without snoop and chris...his days are numbered.

avon still can stop the coke connect toall Baltimore from prison because of the respect the greeks have for him. he can starve out the east side dudes and make them come to him for the package. Avons name still rings in the streets and jail. plus he still has his muscle connect to NY. all off of playing the game right and respecting the game.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    technology .....
    What would a 2015 wire be like????

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Kennard was a disturbed kid in a ? neighborhood that never got help. Nobody ever told him right from wrong, and just the way he was gonna start that cat on fire in a huge sign of mental illness.

No show has changed my perspective and world view like The Wire. I def think it has made me a more empathetic person.

If more white people saw this show america would be a different place

@atribecalledgabi How so?

Disregard that post i had just finished a rewatch and was in my feelings about the power of this show lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching a gangster documentary on The Preacher crew from NY

Did not know but this is probably where they got the idea for the bodies in the vacants . His crew actually did that
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I dont know if this been posted before but the number marlo gives levy, is an actual number.

1 (410) 915-0909

The jail scene when marlo finds out Omar been calling him out and gets ? , plays when you call it.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Shame to say, but lack of ? will change even a good man's demeanor." Bunk
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every 4 years or so i have a review and watch it thru.

Not yet.

Soon
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Every 4 years or so i have a review and watch it thru.

Not yet.

Soon

I do the same thing, show never gets old
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    I dont know if this been posted before but the number marlo gives levy, is an actual number.

1 (410) 915-0909

The jail scene when marlo finds out Omar been calling him out and gets ? , plays when you call it.

@barryhalls what?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »

1 (410) 915-0909

@barryhalls what?

he saying call the number and that scene when Marlo is in jail talking about Omar calling him out plays when you call

c'mon Elzo fam lol
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...WMD right chea'...right chea'...
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've heard ppl say power _>>>the wire ..I'm like MF the wire is the father of power idiot

I haven't watched the show "POWER" yet but "The Wire" is probably my favorite show of all time.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've heard ppl say power _>>>the wire ..I'm like MF the wire is the father of power idiot

I haven't watched the show "POWER" yet but "The Wire" is probably my favorite show of all time.

Power, to me, is a "B movie" version of the Wire. The elements are there, but the story, the dialogue, the acting just doesn't play out as well.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Power and Wire are not really the same

They have similar elements but totally different stories and focus

The Wire tells the story, Power tells a story
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Power and Wire are not really the same

They have similar elements but totally different stories and focus

The Wire tells the story, Power tells a story

you're right , the wire is much more nuanced and it covers a broader spectrum. power is good in it's own right too.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "...Omar listenin."
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But there go a life that had to be snatched, Avon.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options