'14 MLB Season Thread (Pages 1-21 = Offseason News)

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interesting

white sox lose damn near 100 games and are bringing the same roster back plus an unproven cuban with average bat speed that has no position

thats our new ?
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    How good is Fister? Dan herren was some garbage....nats need to add a bat

fister Is a great pitcher
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Posted November 21st
    goldenja wrote: »
    I love to see Beltran in Motown. but, where would that leave him in the outfield? Joe Nathan is what my gut is telling me when I was talking about a relieve pitcher..

Yep, Dave is just getting started.

12 days later....

Detroit Tigers

OFFICIAL: The ‪#‎Tigers‬ have agreed to terms on a two-year deal with closer Joe Nathan.

? ' knew it!!
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    White sox resign konerko

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Konerko don't have nothing left

**White Sox talk only disclaimer**

This was a good move by the White Sox and I'll explain why

You have to look at this from all angles. For one, Konerko was hurt almost all of the 2013 season. The season was a bad one all around for the team and now Paulie has had time to heal and to clear his mind. By spring training he will have reset and be ready in a much less stressful role as a club house leader and DH. From management perspective his name will help draw in more fans to come see a team built of bad players, bad contracts, and poor management.

He is an irreplaceable club house presence. Konerko will help these young guys get into solid habits while bringing our next generation of career first basemen online. While he will not be expected to match all of his normal numbers, he will bring so much more in these other areas while earning his spot on this roster. You have to ask who would be more worthy of this spot on the team then Konerko himself? White Sox are not making any big moves. Yea Konerko has slowed, but for the bargain price which he has agreed we have gotten much more value then those dollars or that roster spot could have brought.

The man is an all-time great - the World Series Trophy brought to the south side, 6 All-star games, and most of all being a real humble dude who went out and did his job with no excuses or diva attitudes. Fans like me will be there next year to watch one of the greatest players in club history take the field one last season. Paul has earned every right to do this and we appreciate a fitting thank you to a career worthy of the Hall of Fame. I actually tip my cap to the Sox for doing the right thing here.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Major League Baseball and Nippon Professional Baseball are reportedly close to establishing a new set of rules on how MLB teams acquire non-free-agent Japanese players. The major elements of the deal have been agreed on, according to Japanese news reports.

latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodgers-masahiro-tanaka-20131205,0,7354985.story#axzz2mdGvPRCh

supposedly they did it because of what the yankees leaked they would do

pay a huge posting fee and then short change tanaka so it wouldnt ? their payroll
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Mariners offering cano 10 years 230-240 mil
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Way below his asking price. Good deal for the Mariners.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i wouldnt wanna play there even take less money go sumwhere else
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prince Fielder and Robinson Cano both coming to the AL West in one year
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Is this sarcasm?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    According to a source, the Mariners may be about to offer a $225-million, nine-year deal to superstar Robinson Cano in their strong effort to lure the longtime Yankee away from New York.

The Yankees are said to be willing to go to $175 million, if they're not there yet, and Yankees people have suggested many times they have no plans to top $200 million. So Seattle is giving it a good shot.

The Mariners were said by a source to have "bumped" a first bid of around $200 million, and one person familiar with the talks said they intended to be $50 million above the Yankees, who are known to be drawing the line at around $175 million.

Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reported the Mariners were willing to go to $230 million or even $240 million, so perhaps they would boost their $225-million idea. The Mariners understand they have to be well above the Yankees to get him to move nearly 3,000 miles, but they are said to have some limits, so they aren't expected to hit the $260-million figure Cano asked of the Yankees.

Cano reportedly is on his way to seattle to meet the mariners front office people.I'd be shocked if he signed with them I think he's using them
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    We signed Rafael Furcal to a 1 year deal.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's going to the Mariners, the Yankees overpaid for McCann and Elsbury but they're counting pennies when it comes to Cano.

It seems they were frustrated with him from the start of negociating.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options

Good deal why? He gon sell some tickets initially ? they've sucked for so long...but with all the Yankees injuries and ? last year, it's not like he took us to the playoffs or kept the TV ratings up. 10 years at 23 or 24million/year is a deathwish for a small market team like the Mariners. They sign Robbie the GOAT then they gon have him hitting HR's and tryna pitch games ? they won't have money to fill out they roster.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »

Good deal why? He gon sell some tickets initially ? they've sucked for so long...but with all the Yankees injuries and ? last year, it's not like he took us to the playoffs or kept the TV ratings up. 10 years at 23 or 24million/year is a deathwish for a small market team like the Mariners. They sign Robbie the GOAT then they gon have him hitting HR's and tryna pitch games ? they won't have money to fill out they roster.

Its a good deal simply because it's way lower than his original asking price, it's still to much money imo..
  • infamous114
    Options
    @FeinsandNYDN: Source said Mariners CEO Howard Lincoln "exploded" after Jay Z changed it up and ended meeting with Cano and camp.

@FeinsandNYDN: Source: Cano talks broke off after Jay Z's excessive demands.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBossman
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I'm over charging ? for what they did to the cold crush"

"H to the izz o

"V to the izz a"

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Cano signs with the mariners 10 years 240 mil
  • infamous114
    Options
    Jigga got it done lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cowherd just ethered the ? outta his home state/local city he said "jay z didn't even schedule a tour stop in Seattle for his upcoming tour, why whould cano want to go there?"
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    cowherd just ethered the ? outta his home state/local city he said "jay z didn't even schedule a tour stop in Seattle for his upcoming tour, why whould cano want to go there?"

Obviously the money, I wouldn't turn that down. Cano already got a ring so why not break the bank to end your career
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    stash-1-508a1ebb863af.gif

What jersey # will Cano be rockin' in Seattle? I know it won't be Griffey Jr's #
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cano got a helluva PAYDAY
This discussion has been closed.