'14 MLB Season Thread (Pages 1-21 = Offseason News)

Options

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Money > Winning

that's pretty much what Cano decided today.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    cowherd just ethered the ? outta his home state/local city he said "jay z didn't even schedule a tour stop in Seattle for his upcoming tour, why whould cano want to go there?"

Obviously the money, I wouldn't turn that down. Cano already got a ring so why not break the bank to end your career

No doubt but honestly but 10 years in Seattle is punishment no matter how much guap your getting paid. Im a yankees fan im not bitter he left go get your money. Im mad we blew money on ellsbury as well. But homes gon miss not being in a city like LA or Chicago or wherever else. Obviously no big city teams had them on their radar but ? seattle gon be boring as ? .

The whole point of jay-z's marketing was to get him in a spot where he as a latino ball player can get endorsements and be visible pop culture wise. ? not gon be visible from there. Money doesn't buy happiness them fans will be out in seattle for 2 weeks then it will go back to an empty park hes gunna miss a big market.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    What I dont like though is the fact that these fuckboys really went outta their way to overpay Ellsbury but let Robbie getaway. smfh
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    What I dont like though is the fact that these fuckboys really went outta their way to overpay Ellsbury but let Robbie getaway. smfh

That's what i don't get we need pitching a 2nd and 3rd baseman and we gave the bank to an outfielder and we straight at outfielder.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Damn bruh, Robbie was supposed to be the next great born and bred Yankee....? ? .

That's what i don't get we need pitching a 2nd and 3rd baseman and we gave the bank to an outfielder and we straight at outfielder.

Cosign, I just read that we bout to get Hiroki the gawd back though so that's straight....as long as he pitches like he was in the beginning of the year, not the end when he was terrible.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So much for Jay-Z trying to move all of his players to "big markets."

Nah, he just moving them to big money. Kobe-contract on deck for Durant. No worries either. He making less than Rudy ? right now. #moneyinthebank
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited December 2013
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Jigga won

No jigga man lost. If cano goes to LA, or Anaheim or Chicago or Alrlington/Dallas then he won. Yeah you got cano the money but that's it. Stars like cano go chase money all the time and then 3 years later they miss the spotlight of a big city. If cano went to a big city and got his all-star stats and money jigga woulda won. ? gon be in seattle for 7 months of the year bored as ? with basic seattle ? and hipsters in internet cafes.

In the NFL and sometimes NBA it doesn't matter where you play you got around 5 months in the offseason to move back to your home city and party chill. In baseball most of your year is in spring training or regular/postseason. Cano not even gon have time/things to spend his money on in seattle. Watch give it a few years cano will miss the spotlight of a city. Is not new york in particular but just a major city with diversity he will miss.

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yankees low balled Cano and over paid for Ellsbury. Cano probably felt ? insulted they pay a Red Sox who isn't half the player he is a similar contract they offered him.

Don't know what the ? the Yankees were thinking. I wouldn't have given Ellsbury more than a 100 mil period, ? his injury prone ass.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    lol @ZydecoShawty you a Mariners fan? you clickin reactions and not posting b.

Mariners still aint gon win ? though b
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ZydecoShawty you a Mariners fan? you clickin reactions and not posting b.

Mariners still aint gon win ? though b

Nah, I like the Rangers. Just laughing at you catching feelings over Cano actually leaving your beloved Yankees.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    granderson to the mets 4 years 60 mill. he was a great yankee he will be great for the mets.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs/Orioles fans what can yall tell me about Scott Feldman
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so we just let robbie go to seattle and brought in ? ellsbury and losing granderson..? is steinbrener/cashman doing..jay made $12 million off the deal
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    granderson to the mets 4 years 60 mill. he was a great yankee he will be great for the mets.

Nope. Not in that stadium along w/ his strikeouts
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These Roc Nation people ? the game up....and not in a good way.

Yankees won in the Cano sweepstakes. Anyone willing to go past 6 years, $150-160 mil is starfucked out if their mind.

Seattle's gonna hate this deal in Year 6...and so will Cano.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    These Roc Nation people ? the game up....and not in a good way.

Yankees won in the Cano sweepstakes. Anyone willing to go past 6 years, $150-160 mil is starfucked out if their mind.

Seattle's gonna hate this deal in Year 6...and so will Cano.

Jacoby Ellsbury worth $150 million to you? To me that's the bigger L than losing Cano.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The Ellsbury contract is a L but passing on Cano for all that money is either a draw or a minor W. Yes cano got rings and now hes paid but when you have AAA hitters hitting before and after you in the lineup for 10 years hes gunna miss being in a large market
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball revenue is ridiculous they can afford these contracts.The rangers just got a 3 billion tv deal
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I'm sad cuz I copped a road yanks robinson cano jersey 5 years ago hope they don't give that number to infante or kelly johnson or some other ? ass player
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Foxsports sayin the mariners about to go after David Price
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was a deal that the Mets needed to do.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball revenue is ridiculous they can afford these contracts.The rangers just got a 3 billion tv deal

wat.gif
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

I went to a mets game to check out citi field with my dad last year and that offense was turrible gonzalez from the Nationals had a one hitter on them clowns lol. Yeah he strikes out allot but remember hes still healing from the injury and his 2011 and 2012 were dope seasons even if he didn't have the short porch.

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

I went to a mets game to check out citi field with my dad last year and that offense was turrible gonzalez from the Nationals had a one hitter on them clowns lol. Yeah he strikes out allot but remember hes still healing from the injury and his 2011 and 2012 were dope seasons even if he didn't have the short porch.

Im a Yanks fan & my dad is a Mets fan so we go to about 3 games of each a season.

What I meant by that is that Granderson no longer has the benefit of Yankee stadiums short porch.
This discussion has been closed.