19 Year Girl Shotgunned In The Head While Asking For Help

Options

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    is this what you want america? to be so in fear of each other that everyone's first instinct is to shoot first and ask questions later? seriously, are y'all happy with this attitude of paranoia and love for violence that has a strangle hold on this country?

this ? is just so disturbing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex7E_lyHMAA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    The girl was young, car broken down, in a unfamiliar place so she probably panicked and knocked on this ? 's door for help. I cannot see any grey area that a defense lawyer can come up with to justify pulling a shotgun, shooting this unarmed young girl, and shooting for her head of all places. It is not often that I agree with AJACkson, but we have been undergoing the most supported genocide in the history of man, this story is 1 of many that are untold. For every story that makes the news, 100 others don't.

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

That's a good one. That really is. Lawyers have no morality whatsoever brah. Somebody will be defending this dude at his trial.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »
    ? tragic

tumblr_m6yoy5SW461ra7krlo1_400.gif

I think the girl in the back is dancing to a different song-Butthead
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He still hasn't been arrested.... lol

A black man can get arrested for breaking into his own car....but a black teenager is shot dead for no reason and the prosecution needs more evidence

*waits for tommy coonfiger to defend this*
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Could be an Arab thou, like someone mentioned in the thread. I wonder why the law and media are protecting the shooters identity?

Because they killed a black person
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    salon.com/2013/11/06/standing_your_ground_black_woman_shot_in_head_seeking_help_in_a_white_neighborhood/
    Standing your ground? Black woman shot in head seeking help in white neighborhood

“You see a young black lady on your porch and you shoot?” demanded Bernita Sparks, the aunt of slain Detroit 19-year-old Renisha McBride. McBride was shot in the head and killed when, according to her family, she was seeking help, knocking on doors in a white neighborhood after her car crashed.

McBride’s family is asking prosecutors for information on the incident that left the unarmed young woman dead. Scant details have been provided. As the Detroit News reported “Dearborn Heights [Police Department has] identified the person who fired the shot and killed the woman.” However, police have claimed that the shooter believed McBride to be an intruder and shot in self-defense. Initial police reports that described the 19-year-old’s body as having been “dumped” have been amended to state that she was found on the shooter’s porch.

Self-defense gone wrong is not a sufficient excuse for a bullet in the head, McBride’s family has stressed. “He shot her in the head … for what? For knocking on his door,” said Spinks. “If he felt scared or threatened, he should have called 911.”

Police have now asked that charges be brought against the shooter. But since a “stand your ground” law applies in Michigan, the charges may not stick. As Rania Khalek has rightly pointed out on her blog, “The problem with a law like Stand Your Ground is that it excuses and encourages deadly force against ‘perceived’ threats. In the United States, where implicit and structural racism persists on a vast scale, is it wise to empower people who almost certainly have irrational and racist fears.”

And as Khalek notes in the case of McBride’s shooting, “She is after all a black woman from Detroit, which is 82 percent black, whereas Dearborn Heights, the area she was shot in, is 86 percent white … Regardless of your position on Stand Your Ground, one thing is for sure. The family of 19-year-old Renisha McBride deserves answers.”
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    >stand your ground

If he was inside his home and thought there was an intruder; this would be standard "Castle Doctrine".

Whoever wrote that article seems to be getting ahead of themselves.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that mf'er was trigger happy.

RIP baby girl
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If im ever in that situation where i wreck my car and my phone dies im just gonna say ? it and walk till i find an open gas station or something. If u in the hood people won't open their door at all and if u in the suburbs people will either shoot u dead or call the police and they will shoot u dead. No win situation.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Low Down ? Shame ..
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Free Press report, quoting Lt. Serwatowski of the Dearborn Heights pd says the victim McBride's car accident occurred suspicious kindround 1:30 a.m. Saturday. She was shot around 3:40 a.m.

“I’ll confirm that she was in an accident in Detroit and that she left the accident scene, and then some hours transpired," Serwatowski told the paper.

Hampton said questions about McBride's whereabouts between the time of the crash and when she was shot on the Dearborn Heights porch are a subtle form of victim-blaming.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/renisha-mcbride-rally-shooting-accidental_n_4235468.html
    ^
    So is this the reason why they havent made an arrest? Smh...I don't get it
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dearborn Heights is home to a shitload of radical Muslims.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    The population of Dearborn Heights, which borders Detroit, is 86 percent white and 8 percent African American, according to 2010 census data.

"shitload" meaning somewhere on the low-end of under 6% and "radical" meaning not statistically likely to cause much trouble at all?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The population of Dearborn Heights, which borders Detroit, is 86 percent white and 8 percent African American, according to 2010 census data.

"shitload" meaning somewhere on the low-end of under 6% and "radical" meaning not statistically likely to cause much trouble at all?

I'm not certain of the stats, but Arabs in Dearborn are highly visible. It's a shitload of them there and they are practically all you see.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not certain of the stats, but Arabs in Dearborn are highly visible. It's a shitload of them there and they are practically all you see.

She should have knocked and asked for a slurpee and 12$ on pump 9 instead of help

He's now claiming the gun was fired accidentally which will undermine the domain argument
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    "fistbump. "
    "you saw that. he was inside the line. i was standing my ground"
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was shot in the back of her head.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "fistbump. "
    "you saw that. he was inside the line. i was standing my ground"

finally saw that episode. :)
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

Middle easterners are typically Caucasian.

Yes, the people white people so lovingly refer to as sand ? are actually Caucasian.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dearborn has the highest population of Arabs in the country. They ARE basically all you see.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/11/warrant_review_underway_in_the.html
    Warrant review underway in the Dearborn Heights shotgun killing of Renisha McBride

DETROIT, MI -- The killing of 19-year-old unarmed Renisha McBride on the porch of a Dearborn Heights home after 2 a.m. Nov. 2 sparked protests and concerns about Michigan's stand-your-ground law, which allows for the use of deadly force if a citizen fears an imminent physical threat.

Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Maria Miller said the office has begun reviewing the Dearborn Heights Police Department investigation for possible charges against the 54-year-old homeowner who shot McBride in her face.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's office requested more information from the department last week.

"They have completed most of it and we're still waiting for a few things," Miller said. "But we have begun our warrant review process."

Miller said the review "should not be protracted" but could not provide a specific timeline for completion.

"I can't tell you that; I have told you everything that I can tell you," Miller said when asked if completion hinged on receiving the couple remaining pieces of information requested from police.

Police in the matter have released few details and have not returned multiple calls from MLive requesting comment.

After McBride's closed-casket funeral Friday, Ron Scott, a family representative and founder of the Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality; and Gerald Thurswell, the family's attorney, addressed media.

They said McBride was in a crash on Braile Street on Detroit's far west side, suffered injuries, walked around the area and knocked on several doors between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. before reaching the Outer Drive home where she was killed.

"She's disoriented... she's in this area, she doesn't have a cellphone and she needed help and she got shot in the face.," Thurswell said. "... He chose to put his gun in her face and he claims it went off accidentally. I don't know how a gun goes off without a finger on the trigger."

MLive has left a message with Bloomfield Hills-based attorney Cheryl McBride, who is representing the Dearborn Heights homeowner.

"The shooting death of Renisha McBride has left the Detroit area hurt and asking many questions about how an unarmed 19 year old young woman, reportedly seeking assistance in the middle of the night, could so tragically lose her life," U.S. Rep. John Conyers (D-Detroit) said in a statement on the day of McBride's funeral.

"There has been discussion about the impact of Michigan’s controversial stand your ground laws and whether they contributed to this incident. I have long opposed laws of this nature," he said. "I am confident that Wayne County prosecutors and law enforcement will conduct a thorough investigation to ensure that justice is served for Renisha’s family. We join the greater Detroit community in mourning her passing and will closely monitor the developing investigation and legal proceedings.”

The shooting of McBride, a Ford Motor Co. employee, Southfield High School graduate and aspiring law enforcer, has drawn comparisons to the Feb. 12, 2012 fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin who was also unarmed when he was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who said he was attacked and found not guilty by a jury under Florida's stand-your-ground defense.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    thenation.com/blog/177116/again-we-wait-answers-justice-renisha-mcbride
    Again, We Wait for Answers: Justice for Renisha McBride

Mychal Denzel Smith on November 11, 2013

So much of writing/thinking/working around issues of race, racism and blackness in America is to say “again.” Again, the right to vote is under attack. Again, the unemployment rate creeps near depression levels. Again, police chiefs and mayors push racist stop-and-frisk policies. Again, our children face criminalization and the school-to-prison pipeline.

Again, we mourn the death of a young black person killed, seemingly, for doing nothing more than being black. This time, her name is Renisha McBride.

Like Jonathan Ferrell before her, Renisha, a 19 year-old Detroit native, got into a car accident in Dearborn Heights, and sought help at a nearby house. The still unidentified homeowner answered the door armed with his shotgun, presuming Renisha was a burglar. Alternately being described as “accidental” and “justified,” he shot Renisha in the face.

As with Trayvon Martin’s death before that, Renisha’s killer has not been arrested. And due to similar Stand Your Ground laws in Michigan as in Florida, it’s possible that he may never be charged with any crime. Another black teenager has been killed, and again, their family may have to go forward without anyone being held accountable.

We have been here before. Our history becomes our present so often it becomes difficult to distinguish the two. Politicians and cable news hosts and the naïvely colorblind ask us to forget, most of the country obliges, and black people, again, are left to piece together the fragments of history, suffering, rage, and pain so that we may have hope for something better.

Again we advocate for justice. Again we question what justice would even look like. Again we demand that black life be valued. Again we wonder why it never was in the first place. Again we weep, we pray, we march, we raise our voices. Again we prepare ourselves to be let down. And again we ask when will the moment come where we won’t have to go through this again.

Again, we wait on the answer.