Official Brooklyn Nets 2013-2014 Thread....

Options

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Good win but their 3 point shooting can't continue into game 2. They need to put their feet on their neck and take game 2.

Word our bench was also terrible I don't see then shooting that bad again. Joe Jesus d will and the truth saved the nets today
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Good win but their 3 point shooting can't continue into game 2. They need to put their feet on their neck and take game 2.

Word our bench was also terrible I don't see then shooting that bad again. Joe Jesus d will and the truth saved the nets today
    Plus Plumlee was in foul trouble.
  • eyes low
    Options
    I believe the nets will make the adjustments need. I wonder why ak47 played 0 min
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kidd said he just didnt play him. Really nothing to it.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good win, we stole one on their floor

the pressure is on them in game 2

shoutout to Pierce, he came thru in the clurch

Deron stepped his game up like I thought he would come postseason and Joe did his thing too

3 more wins to go now

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    TORONTO -- Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri shouted "F--- Brooklyn!" at a fan rally outside Air Canada Centre prior to Game 1 of his team's first-round Eastern Conference playoff series Saturday against the Brooklyn Nets.

Ujiri's use of the expletive was captured by a fan and posted to Instagram. Ujiri apologized later Saturday during a brief session with reporters at halftime.

Ujiri, who did not answer any questions during the session, reiterated that he does not like the Nets.

"You know how I feel," he said with a chuckle. "Thanks guys. I apologize for not taking any questions, but you know how I feel. I don't like 'em. I apologize."

Forward Amir Johnson supported his GM after the Raptors' 94-87 loss.

"He's a very passionate man," he said. "We definitely have his back. I'm with him 100 percent. If he said f--- 'em, we all say f--- 'em."

Going into the series, there was rampant speculation that the Nets tanked -- losing four of their final five regular-season games -- in order to face the Raptors instead of the fourth-seeded Chicago Bulls.

The Nets, who are seeded sixth in the playoffs, have denied any sort of tanking.

Ujiri was asked by Toronto reporters prior to the series about the possibility that the Nets wanted to play his team.

"Good for them," Ujiri said. "You know what? We haven't lost one -- I know I haven't and I can sense from the players -- second of sleep worrying about the Brooklyn Nets.

Nets coach Jason Kidd said he could "care less" what the Raptors GM had to say.

"You gotta tell me who the GM is," he said. "I don't even know who that is. I could care less what they think about Brooklyn. We have a job to do, and that's to play the game of basketball."
  • eyes low
    Options
    Lol at Amir Johnson taking ? after pulling a no show
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Garnett on Deron Williams

"When things get tough, he has a support system to let him know that it's not the end of the world, and to not be so hard on himself," Garnett said. "Deron's biggest problem has been Deron. He's very, very hard on himself, to the point where you have to pull him to the side and give him some real s--t, say some real s--t to him. When he comes out of that, he's very hard, very, very hard to guard, very difficult to deal with, and we need him to be like that.

"But most importantly, man, I think he's starting to just relax and kind of consolidate the responsibilities around here. We've taken some of the grit off of him, so he doesn't have to be so talkative, but understanding that we're following you, so how you go is how we're going to go, and I think he's getting more comfortable with that position."
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    Kevin Garnett on Deron Williams

"When things get tough, he has a support system to let him know that it's not the end of the world, and to not be so hard on himself," Garnett said. "Deron's biggest problem has been Deron. He's very, very hard on himself, to the point where you have to pull him to the side and give him some real s--t, say some real s--t to him. When he comes out of that, he's very hard, very, very hard to guard, very difficult to deal with, and we need him to be like that.

"But most importantly, man, I think he's starting to just relax and kind of consolidate the responsibilities around here. We've taken some of the grit off of him, so he doesn't have to be so talkative, but understanding that we're following you, so how you go is how we're going to go, and I think he's getting more comfortable with that position."

good stuff from KG, Deron needs that
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    I think having KG and Pierce here just for their veteran leadership is valuable.
  • eyes low
    Options
    i expect the nets to come out and step on their throat and snatch the raptors soul. something like this anigif_enhanced-buzz-12255-1363122246-4.gif
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Raptors claiming to gonna be more physical. Thats not their game so lets see what happens. Really want the Nets to get the 2-0 lead coming back to the borough.
  • eyes low
    Options
    yeah they also wanna speed up the game and thats not their game either. Nets have them on the ropes right now and now theyre trying to change what got them the 3 seed
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Raptors been on the ropes since they started the whole "Be Careful what you wish for tanking ass ? " theory then it only got worse when their bumass GM went out of his way to Yell ? Brooklyn. Everything but winning is their main focus.

Reality is Brooklyn is a better team. Had it not been for D-Washed Will's ? up the Nets would have been 3-1 against them this season. Its why I said Nets in 5, they really cant ? with BK.

With that said, I can absolutely Brooklyn suckin ass tonight.
  • eyes low
    Options
    Idk they got 2 days rest they should be good to go. Plus it's the playoffs I don't (hope) think they will take it easy
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    the pressure is on them

if we win this game, I think it destroys their confidence
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Bruh, if y'all win, ? pointing out their level of confidence, the series is over
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    well at least we stole 1 game in Toronto

we have to handle our business at home now
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    well at least we stole 1 game in Toronto

we have to handle our business at home now

If they hit their free throws and rebound better they win this game. ? was frustrating, the split is nice and I think the Nets will win both home games but if they take care of business we probably sweep them.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Raptors been on the ropes since they started the whole "Be Careful what you wish for tanking ass ? " theory then it only got worse when their bumass GM went out of his way to Yell ? Brooklyn. Everything but winning is their main focus.

Reality is Brooklyn is a better team. Had it not been for D-Washed Will's ? up the Nets would have been 3-1 against them this season. Its why I said Nets in 5, they really cant ? with BK.

Visionary.
  • eyes low
    Options

Visionary.

Lmao try to have a positive vision next time
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
  • eyes low
    Options
  • eyes low
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    2jg4coy.jpg

good seats

I'll be in Section 120 tomorrow. I got y'all.