Official Brooklyn Nets 2013-2014 Thread....

Options

Comments

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh word? Jason Kidd punked Lawrence Frank?

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/12/9/5193424/jason-kidd-lawrence-frank-and-a-13-letter-word
    Whatever type personality is above "Type A," that's Lawrence Frank. writes David Aldridge. You either live with it, and its benefits and liabilities or you don't. Jason Kidd knew all about Frank of course, but Aldridge writes, apparently not well enough. Aldridge writes the personalities didn't mesh ... at all.

First, Aldridge puts to rest the notion that Kidd was not involved.

Kidd tried, gradually at first, to start putting his own imprint on the team. He would be, a member of the organization said last week, direct and honest with players in film sessions, going over things one-on-one with players -- "that's a bad shot, and here's why. That's losing basketball, and here's why," the source said. He tried to point out that he did know a couple of things about defense based on his career as a player (whether he specifically mentioned his four first-team all-NBA defensive team selections is unknown), and that he had ideas that were different from Frank's.

But Frank kept pushing his own ideas, "wouldn't stop talking," Aldridge quoted a coaching source as saying.

Kidd didn't like how it appeared Frank and not he was coaching the team. At first, he told Frank to layoff calling out coverages on defense.Then, came the big blow-up after the Magic blow-out of the Nets in Orlando. Aldridge provides new details.

Kidd, according to a source, told Frank: "Sit the (bleep) down! I'm the coach of this (13-letter word) team! When you're on the bench, don't (bleeping) move!" Frank did as he was told. Other coaches playing the Nets thought he was ill, he was so quiet during recent games.

What's the "13-letter word?" LIkely, it begins with and "M", ends in an "ing" and has a hyphen somewhere in the middle. There were, of course, other elements to the dispute. There've been reports that Kidd believed Frank was bad-mouthing him. Finally, he was demoted to doing the now infamous, "daily reports." Now both sides are lawyered up and no doubt planning strategies for the ultimate buyout.

Meanwhile, Kidd is instituting new defensive sets, replacing those offered by Frank.

Seinfeld-Laughing-with-Cigar.gif
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    which one of yall Nets fans want an avi bet for tomorrows game?
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    which one of yall Nets fans want an avi bet for tomorrows game?
    nah-man.gif
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean, do you really wanna bet with me? look at my avi ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    That Aldrige story is fuccin hilarious
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice return game for Deron, he played terrific
    2 in row, showin some progress
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    we took it to the Clippers tonight
    3 in a row, let's keep it going
    Hope Brook is okay tho
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Hopefully they run the table we have a few winnable games on the schedule.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Who the ? are you
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Who the ? are you

Jamaica
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    Lmao this ? straight pitbull with it calling you out, we not even successful enough to be chin checkin bandwagoners yet lol chill.. hilarious

Yo, at first I wasn't all that sold on the idea of Kyle Lowry and the rumors going on that Brooklyn is looking into him, but after some time of thinking about it would actually be nice. Since Pierce is already starting to play the 6th man role, we could utilize a DWill and Kyle Lowry backcourt that could show us improvement in pace and transition offense.

Raptors seem to like european players. I have no gripe with sending them teletovic and bogdanovic for lowry if they are interested. I don't think it will happen though.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Teletovic sucks they can have him
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao Wacc ass ? down 17 at the half to the ? ass pistons.Come bacc to reality you're trash

#188milliondowndadrain
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Hmmm

Nets down 4, with their 2nd best player out.
    Sees Tommy still struggle Trolling
    Notices he's still salty about the Nets puttin the Clips on skates last nite.
    Notices Tommy's trolling is flabby and sick.

Oh.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Haha the refs blew that obvious foul. Jennings hooked his arm around D-Will and they blew the call. Effectively killing the Nets momentum. Not mad about this game. We didnt have Brook down low and the Pistons big men took advantage.

He'll be back Monday against the Sixers, we'll get that W. While the Bulls out here playin slash prayin for Wiggins or Jabari cause they got a Rose that just aint bloomin in these coldest winters...
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    I knew we would lose soon as I saw Reggie Evans starting in the center position. The ? ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I knew we would lose soon as I saw Reggie Evans starting in the center position. The ? ?

That ? been in the bushes all season long. Brook went down and Kidd said ? it.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    At center though? Dude is 6'8" matching up with a behemoth of Andre Drummond at 6'11" 270lbs..
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    Brook said he's pretty sure he'll play tonight
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Brooks aint playin
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    Brook said he's pretty sure he'll play tonight

change of plans smh
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    Teletovic startin tonight
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Great win
    Joe went off tonight, 37 pts, that 3 qtr was amazing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZntPHFtNNw

on the low Blatche has had 3 straight 20 pt games, he's been great
    Deron had a great game tonight too, a double-double
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    The way they are playing D right now I like our chances against alotta these teams coming up. We shoulda beaten the Pacers that game earlier in the season. Aint no moral victories though we'll just beat them at home this time around with our squad playing way better than the first couple weeks of the season. No team on the schedule should pose much of a threat except the Spurs. AK47 back next week, I like where this is going.

Brooklyn.