How often do yall deal with :

Options
124»

Comments

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No, I normally get that falling through the bed feeling as Im drifting off to sleep.

A hypnic ? , hypnagogic ? , sleep start, sleep twitch or night start, is an involuntary twitch which occurs during hypnagogia, just as a person is beginning to fall asleep, often causing him or her to awaken suddenly for a moment. Physically, hypnic jerks resemble the "jump" experienced by a person when startled,often accompanied by a falling sensation. A higher occurrence is reported in people with irregular sleep schedules.

And this too

Exploding Head Syndrome is a form of hypnagogic auditory hallucination and is a rare and relatively undocumented parasomnia event in which the subject experiences a loud bang in their head similar to a bomb exploding, a gun going off, a clash of cymbals, ringing, or any other form of loud, indecipherable noise that seems to originate from inside the head.

This noise usually happens at the onset of sleep or within an hour or two of falling asleep, but is not necessarily the result of a dream.[1] Although the sound is perceived as extremely loud, it is usually not accompanied by pain. Attacks appear to change in number over time, with several attacks happening in a space of days or weeks, followed by months of remission. Sufferers often feel a sense of fear and anxiety before and after an attack, accompanied by elevated heart rate. Attacks may also be accompanied by perceived flashes of light (when perceived on their own, known as a "visual sleep start") or difficulty in breathing. The condition is also known as "auditory sleep starts". The associated symptoms are varied, but the benign nature of the condition is emphasized and neither extensive investigation nor treatment are indicated.[1] Sufferers may experience an inability to vocalize any sound, or mild forms of sleep paralysis during an attack. There is no known treatment
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is done at least once a month i swear.

Happens to me all the time when i fight sleep to the point im nodding out theb finally decide to go get in bed. And mine are never pleasant.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get that ? a lot... I don't have no crazy visions and ? but I hate the feeling of being trapped in my body without bein' able to move. It's terrifying bruh. I think it happens because of my work hours and ? up sleep schedule.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had an episode Sat night... ? happened now fewer than 4 times on Sat night smh... racing heart and sweating without being able to move.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After reading some of the stories you guys posted, I definitely have never experienced this....

And it sounds like an experience I dont want to have.

Praises to the Ahba for that.