True Detective (HBO) - TV Series

Options

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to Mcconaughey for winning best actor at the oscars and a great show at the same damn time
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    yeah lawnmower man did have scars. hopefully there is someone with some spaghetti scarring cause the lawnmower man being the man they are looking for would be too easy

Cosign. Like you ? for this ? mafucka this whole time? Show is dope but these ? better go out with a bang. Seems lackluster for the goat build up.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like it's going to end with is getting the killer, but not the cult and I will be livid
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody notice how the black cop got mad or disinterested in what the lawnmower man had to say as soon as he said Boss? It was like he was listening and then just didn't want to hear anymore. I thought that was strange. Btw, this ep was dry but i do believe it was setting up for an exciting finale.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think there's someone or something more behind everything that will be revealed next episode. That lawnmower man doesn't provoke the fear everybody's been displaying when asked about what they've been through. I personally think the black detectives will become the True Detectives of next season. If @Matt- is right about them getting the killer and not the cult, it could be the focus of next year. Maybe even a running theme throughout a few seasons with Rust and Cohle coming back as the final season True Detectives to wrap things up.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a feeling rust is gonna die

Hope I'm wrong

He's one of the best characters ever
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    This show is ? my head up like the whole. Sumner I spent learning a about cults
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qtctlkbqicvz8ddtlddp.jpg

[img][/img]1zw22k3.jpg

True_Detective_dead_body_Rust_Cohle_.jpg

This ? think he dropping bars right now. We all seen this ? we wanna know what it means.

tumblr_mwwlfk2RBm1qff46jo1_400.gif
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is ? my head up like the whole. Sumner I spent learning a about cults

http://www.darknessbecomesyou.com/

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    qtctlkbqicvz8ddtlddp.jpg

[img][/img]1zw22k3.jpg

True_Detective_dead_body_Rust_Cohle_.jpg

This ? think he dropping bars right now. We all seen this ? we wanna know what it means.

tumblr_mwwlfk2RBm1qff46jo1_400.gif

Im putting ? together for myself I can careless if u saw it already and I went through this whole thread and I didn't see it also nobidy pointed out how cohle says he has hallucinations and those birds twirling into that symbol could of been one of them
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    ive been trying to write this on my phone but the draft kept disappearing

Hart first born key word first born was reenacting the same group ? scene hart watched in cohle lockup why is that type of behavior so embedded in her brain so that she out here getting tag teemed but emo's 10 years later? because her moms or somebody on her side of the family got something to do with it my theory is that there only taking first born because the younger sister is normal

Hart kept talking about the detective curse about how the answer is right under you nose and how he should of paid more attention to his family , hart and his wife weren't extreme hardass parent so why would his daughter rebel in an a fashion like that? because she was probably developed manic depression at a early age that's why he on meds later on as a adult.

My guess is she can't outright remember what happened to her the say way the he she ? thinks what happened to him was a dream but her subconscious has been throng sign out since she was little

back to the he she they say a lot of ? people only come out to be ? people because of sexual abuse trauma , and of course he experienced that in the worst way

I already knew who the scarface spaghetti monster was from jump the lawnmower guy his story didn't add up it was blatant cover up with the beard imo but the story has branched out to be something more than worrying about the killer but the whole cult itself and much its I impacting peoples lives. we already know the tuttle family where sprouting fake Christian schools as a cover up for them ? /killing these kids for there pagan rituals

"The carcosa"

The city was later used more extensively in Robert W. Chambers' book of horror short stories published in 1895 entitled The King in Yellow. Chambers had read Bierce's work and had also borrowed a few other names (including Hali and Hastur) from Bierce's work.

In Chambers' stories, and within the apocryphal play (also titled The King in Yellow) which is mentioned several times within them, the city is a mysterious, ancient, and possibly cursed place. The most precise description of its location given is that it said to be located on the shores of Lake Hali in the Hyades. The descriptions given of it make it clear that it must be located on another planet, or possibly even in another universe.

For instance:
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,The twin suns sink behind the lake,The shadows lengthen In Carcosa.Strange is the night where black stars rise,And strange moons circle through the skies,But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.Songs that the Hyades shall sing,Where flap the tatters of the King,Must die unheard in Dim Carcosa.Song of my soul, my voice is dead,Die thou, unsung, as tears unshedShall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.—"Cassilda's Song" in The King in Yellow Act 1, Scene 2

Louisiana is the carcosa

" In Bierce's story, the ancient and mysterious city is barely described, and is viewed only in hindsight (after its destruction) by a character who once lived there."

This is cohle my bet is that hart dies

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    I just finished reading a fictional book about cults to smh
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    Guess I'll throw my prediction out there. I'm assuming this show is purely fiction. If this happened for real, I have no idea how it ends. I predict Hart lives but he had something to do with this. Something about his reaction to the locked up kids, the younger ? that he later smashed and the tape seems phony to me.

Rust dies. A character like him can't live to be old. He'll sacrifice himself somehow and go out like a hero/martyr.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    Guess I'll throw my prediction out there. I'm assuming this show is purely fiction. If this happened for real, I have no idea how it ends. I predict Hart lives but he had something to do with this. Something about his reaction to the locked up kids, the younger ? that he later smashed and the tape seems phony to me.

Rust dies. A character like him can't live to be old. He'll sacrifice himself somehow and go out like a hero/martyr.

Na hart doesn't know anything extra I believe a bad joke is being played on hart and he doesn't. Know yet
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    Maybe. He has to be linked somehow due to his family life being focused on. I need an explanation for his daughter's ? drawings.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »

Na hart doesn't know anything extra I believe a bad joke is being played on hart and he doesn't. Know yet

Nah, the creator already said this isn't a mysterious whodunnit, and that it's pretty straightforward. Really the clues are already there. I just think Cohle and Hart are going to right their wrong and uncover all this dirt regardless of the consequences (death, prison) since neither really has anything to live for. I mean Cohle is in full trailer trash mode, works at a bar, and is a full blown alcoholic. Hart's daughters obviously want nothing to do with him, drinks alot (though not on Cohle's level), is very lonely as evidenced by him drinking and eating TV dinners at night while watching TV, his PI business is obviously not going as well as it did, and he surfs Match.com.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah this is gearing up to be a lot more straight forward than i expected....i'm getting the feeling they'll tie everything up nice and neat rather than put any major unexpected twist's in there for the final...everyone's focusing more on what's going on outside of rust and hart but essentially the show is about their trials and tribulations (touch darkness and darkness touches you back) the cult premise which was clear from the start hasn't really developed into anything more than simple storytelling and diversion tactics to make the viewer think there's a lot more going on then there there actually is.

i see redemption on the cards.but i could be wrong.

damn @ microwaving a baby.never heard of any ? like that in my life lol.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I put a Furby in the microwave once dry it off. ? damn I was a ? 4th grader.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have a feeling the theories regarding Hart's oldest daughter making sex scenes with dolls and sex drawings are being overblown as well. I seriously doubt they even touch on this subject in the finale. It'd be just too much ? going on to wrap up in a 60 minute episode. Think it was just thrown in there as a curveball to get people talking.
  • loch121
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Have a feeling the theories regarding Hart's oldest daughter making sex scenes with dolls and sex drawings are being overblown as well. I seriously doubt they even touch on this subject in the finale. It'd be just too much ? going on to wrap up in a 60 minute episode. Think it was just thrown in there as a curveball to get people talking.

Nah I think it means something.They made sure to mention she has problems and does art in 2012
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    It means something. Throughout this whole season, what else has happened that was just filler?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • loch121
    Options
    I got a theory

As we get through the clues and find out about The Yellow King we find out That his boss is Marty and Maggie

They are none other than Mickey and Mallory knox from Natural Born Killers

After they killed Robet Downey Jr they went to N.O. and assumed new names and continued to stay in hiding because Tuttle and the mayor were cool with the murders they commited and wanted to worship them.

Case solved