True Detective (HBO) - TV Series

Options

Comments

• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Kame wrote: »
    That yearbook photo they found has a lot of the women in the show in it, including the baby killer. Got it from that link someone posted in here

pPijKI7.jpg
    9cT5u67.jpg
    roV5re7.jpg
    mwAUeFv.jpg
    um0y4jN.png

Yeah.I saw this.Ppl are also saying that the guy on the rt hand side is the guy who was on the lawnmower a few eps back

Ppl are saying he has something to do with it,if he's not the yellow King himself or the spaghetti monster

What if Hart killed Tuttle? he got real touchy when they acted like Cohle may have killed Tuttle and walked out

Judging from the trailer Cohle has pictures,videos,or audio of something horrible because Hart was disgusted by whatever he was watching or looking at in Cohle's spot

Prolly the equivalent of the R.Kelly sex tape that involves Hart's daughter

or worse
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That yearbook photo they found has a lot of the women in the show in it, including the baby killer. Got it from that link someone posted in here

pPijKI7.jpg
    9cT5u67.jpg
    roV5re7.jpg
    mwAUeFv.jpg
    um0y4jN.png

Yeah.I saw this.Ppl are also saying that the guy on the rt hand side is the guy who was on the lawnmower a few eps back

Ppl are saying he has something to do with it,if he's not the yellow King himself or the spaghetti monster

What if Hart killed Tuttle? he got real touchy when they acted like Cohle may have killed Tuttle and walked out

Judging from the trailer Cohle has pictures,videos,or audio of something horrible because Hart was disgusted by whatever he was watching or looking at in Cohle's spot

Prolly the equivalent of the R.Kelly sex tape that involves Hart's daughter

or worse

I doubt it's his daughter....That would be too Cohle
  • loch121
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Got this from another site
    I don't know of the best way to take screencaps but after watching the ep. 6 scene when Cohle visits Kelly in the mental hospital, the painted drawing on the wall in the hospital (go to the 25:20 mark) is the same drawing that is framed right above Marty's side of the bed in his and Maggie's bedroom. The drawing in their bedroom can be seen in episode 3 at the 28:20 mark. A few notes/questions about this connection:
    1) I thought it was strange to have such a "crude" mural on the hospital wall, but if it was drawn by one of the Hart daughters, then that explains what makes it special 2) Does this mean that Maggie and her family are behind part of the "Wellspring" that provides the cult with victims or keeps victims quiet? 3) The only patients I saw at that hospital were girls ~10-16 years old 4) Perhaps Maggie's family contributes money to the hospital or serves as a primary benefactor in exchange for access to the patients? 5) This could be another symbol of foreshadowing that one of Hart's daughters ends up in a similar situation/place as Kelly
    Overall, recent developments with Maggie's character, as well as careful attention to her dialogue in previous episodes does lead me to think that she's a much bigger part of all of this.

cvRO1FF.png

LRZmsmg.png1

5ZpNovt.png

?

if maggie was in on it it would explain why she lied to the cops
    plus her daughter playing with the ? up dolls

IDK what it means ,but woooooow

One thing ppl aren't speaking on is the fact that it was known that the sheriff had stakes in that prostitution ring Beth was a part of in 95,That already shows a connection between underage girls and the police force
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? up drawings and weird doll gang bangs have to come back into play somehow.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See this throws things into another direction now

Could maggies ? ass father be involved

He a creepy looking dude
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow @ the theories.

• Matt-
    Options

Yeah there something ain't right about that creepy ass grandcracker

And I think it's pretty clear now that the daughter was abused and served time in that hospital
  • loch121
    Options
    I'm not saying grandad ain't in on it, but there's no reason to really believe he is
  • Matt-
    Options
    I'm not saying grandad ain't in on it, but there's no reason to really believe he is

yeah he just dont look right, and he talked (in '95) about how kids these days were out of control with their black clothes, makeup, and piercings.

i think there are signs that ol girl was abused, but no indication that the grandfather had anything to do with that
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Granddad is a reach and would be a disappointment. i think marty has the most to do with it but i cant call it. i just hope they dont botch the finish.
  • artakartel
    artakartel Members Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Time just got a bit flatter.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102387440&postcount=5726
    Cornballer wrote:
    Heh, someone dug up the clip of McConaughey on Unsolved Mysteries that Fukunaga mentioned in his interview.
    Damn, Rust mowed that lawn good.
    Also, the woman's name is Dorothy Lang. :O
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    artakartel wrote: »
    Time just got a bit flatter.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102387440&postcount=5726
    Cornballer wrote:
    Heh, someone dug up the clip of McConaughey on Unsolved Mysteries that Fukunaga mentioned in his interview.
    Damn, Rust mowed that lawn good.
    Also, the woman's name is Dorothy Lang. :O

Damn. even the read pick up truck! My minds blown right now. imma stop ? around trying to solve this ? lol. have a ? brain anuerysm. ? took it back to unsolved mysteries. what the ? .
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is so weird

McConaughy musta told Nic pizzoowhatever about him being on the show and to use the names as a joke
  • Matt-
    Options
    Neogaf referencing this thread

This thread referencing neogaf

Who's the double agent?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant wait to see how it all ends. Rust my ?
  • Matt-
    Options
    Man I haven't even thought about all these crazy scenarios until I came in this thread nh but breaking bad def taught me not to over analyze too much
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Man I haven't even thought about all these crazy scenarios until I came in this thread nh but breaking bad def taught me not to over analyze too much

Breaking bad wasn't based on any kind of deep plot though. You knew what it was, it was a matter of how that ? was gonna go out.
    Can't really compare the 2 shows on any level.
  • Matt-
    Options
    s.free wrote: »

Breaking bad wasn't based on any kind of deep plot though. You knew what it was, it was a matter of how that ? was gonna go out.

the only part i'm comparing is the little placement of certain objects that the internet is picking up and using them to formulate theories on what it means for the show. I wasn't saying that the shows themselves are in any way similar
  • loch121
    Options

the only part i'm comparing is the little placement of certain objects that the internet is picking up and using them to formulate theories on what it means for the show. I wasn't saying that the shows themselves are in any way similar

But those pics and clues usually did lead to something on BB
  • loch121
    Options
    That ? is so weird

McConaughy musta told Nic pizzoowhatever about him being on the show and to use the names as a joke

So what's the connection between this show and his unsolved Mysteries ep?
  • KingFreeman
    Options

Word.
  • Matt-
    Options

But those pics and clues usually did lead to something on BB

like when marie didn't wear purple
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MM is a genius though (as an actor) he basically lost like 50 pounds but parlayed it into two critically acclaimed roles Ron Woodroof in Dallas Buyers' Club and Rustin Cohle in True Detective. Note to future actors.