True Detective (HBO) - TV Series

Options

Comments

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't figure this show out...which is amazing..Is Rust ? crazy apart of it?..I don't think so...mannnnn this ? keeps getting deeper and deeper
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Rusty is a part of it. I think not knowing who the real killer is drove him insane and he's still out trying to figure it out.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I don't think Rusty is a part of it.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    naw if Rusty was apart of it Cohle would have took him.down back in 2002 but its known that something pushed him over the edge
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think making Rust the killer is too easy. The feel I get, so far at least, is that the writers aren't interested in an easy solution such as that.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder why cohle and rust end up falling out?

Was thinking it may have something to do with cohle's wife....but I dunno that seems out of rust's character to mess around, an easy out

And its funny thinking a back a few episodes when they first were at the old high school investigating that rust was interrupted with the news that the deceased's ex bf and one of their suspects were cell mates....wonder if the guy mowing the lawn, rust was interviewing is a person of interest lol
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick thoughts nothing deep

1. Rust could prolly be undercover still, I mean ? disappears from 2002 to 2010, and reappears in 2012 or some ? , sounds like some undercover ?

2. what rust prolly has in that storage units are those stick statutes or figures from the crime scene and he tries to put everything together

3. rust being the killer like someone said is already way too ez, they are going a route that most ppl won't expect, and tha ? who said marty is the killer can kys, cause anyone can tell marty does not think that deep lol
    he could barely keep an affair from his wife, how the ? could he ? and get away wit murder

4. it prolly does involve some gov't officials high up, cause even rust was saying how were they able to keep that woman out the papers, must deal wit someone higher up

5. Cohle is such a boss, not only was he bullshitting wit the detectives the whole time, he only went in there to see what they had, which makes me believe he still searching himself, he never gave them anything new, prolly even made it more confusing wit the whole "my dad has leukemia" story, and another thing that makes cohle such a genius

when he asked for that beer in the beginning, not only does it show cohle to be an alcoholic but also he knows that once he starts drinking anything he said in that room is inadmissable cause hes under the influence

cmon what kkinda of detectives just are going to let anyone drink while interrograting them, prolly back in the past, but not now, ? u never seen that on the first 48
    and one last thing, this whole yellow king guy, im thinking when it comes to a case like this, its prolly someone earlier in the story that had a small role, like someone said that ? mowing the lawn of the school, cause here's even more proof of that

http://imgur.com/Ee1Ea43
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot of the stuff they've done so far would be pretty nonsensical if it ends up being rusty.I wouldnt be surprised if he still was undercover.

there's still plenty of time for them to flesh this out, my guess is that it'll go head first into the cult stuff....the leader could be anyone.

? is going to get grizzly
  • Will Munny
    Options

1. Rust could prolly be undercover still, I mean ? disappears from 2002 to 2010, and reappears in 2012 or some ? , sounds like some undercover ?

2. what rust prolly has in that storage units are those stick statutes or figures from the crime scene and he tries to put everything together

3. rust being the killer like someone said is already way too ez, they are going a route that most ppl won't expect, and tha ? who said marty is the killer can kys, cause anyone can tell marty does not think that deep lol
    he could barely keep an affair from his wife, how the ? could he ? and get away wit murder

4. it prolly does involve some gov't officials high up, cause even rust was saying how were they able to keep that woman out the papers, must deal wit someone higher up

5. Cohle is such a boss, not only was he bullshitting wit the detectives the whole time, he only went in there to see what they had, which makes me believe he still searching himself, he never gave them anything new, prolly even made it more confusing wit the whole "my dad has leukemia" story, and another thing that makes cohle such a genius

when he asked for that beer in the beginning, not only does it show cohle to be an alcoholic but also he knows that once he starts drinking anything he said in that room is inadmissable cause hes under the influence

cmon what kkinda of detectives just are going to let anyone drink while interrograting them, prolly back in the past, but not now, ? u never seen that on the first 48
    and one last thing, this whole yellow king guy, im thinking when it comes to a case like this, its prolly someone earlier in the story that had a small role, like someone said that ? mowing the lawn of the school, cause here's even more proof of that

They weren't interrogating Rusty. They brought him in for a consultation.

• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

They weren't interrogating Rusty. They brought him in for a consultation.

Yea they brought Marty in for consultation

For Rust they acted like it was a consultation but it was just a cover for being essentially an interrogation

• Will Munny
    Options
    Thats true I suppose, they were really working him, well thought they were. Rusty was working them in reality.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mind is blown I'm about to rewatch the first five episodes again. Cohle is chasing this case that's why he went off the grid. This is great writing and acting. The kicker is I think somehow the daughter gets involved.
  • artakartel
    artakartel Members Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Every week this show gets better. I can't believe it. "Captain of the varsity ? team" had me dying. What Martin did seemed totally out of character but when they showed the two girls locked up I can understand why. Rust gave no ? though and agreed he deserved it. Lol at them fabricating that story in 2012 to cover it up.
    Plus they established his disgust at enslaved underaged children back at thebunny ranch in episode 2.

• WhoisDonG???
    Options
    I went back and rewatch all 5 episodes. Something that baffle me has to be..Marty daughter or Notice when he went to call the girls for dinner as they leave out the room Martin looks at the naked Barbie doll with male figure over her as she lay down. Then the drawing of people ? . Now she got caught getting gang bang in a truck. I know it could be a backstory but do it all connect in the end with young oversexed vulnerable women getting murk off???
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

don't think rust went under cover...seems like he stepped on some toes and went underground. his father was a survivalists remember so i'm sure that wouldn't be hard for him to do

i don't think it's this mass conspiracy that involves gov officials either.... especially after seeing how they left evidence laying around back in the old school rust found at the end of ep 5, and how the witnesses ( the little grl who described being chased in the woods by the spaghetti face man and the grl in the previews for ep 6) who survived the attack only make mention of there being one man

not to mention me of affluence, a certain stature wouldn't associate with druggies, petty robber, etc

i mean it's plausible but there's only 3 ep left... if it is a mass conspiracy seems that the reveal would be rushed and that's out of character for a show of this caliber and an extreme change of pace

i will bet money it's the law mower man from ep 3 or 4...when rust interviewed him the guy told rust that the school was one of the schools on his route...which could mean he was also the grounds attendant for the school hart's daughters attended. if so had the oldest daughter interacted w/ him that would explain her weird behavior

underneath all the talk seems rust is trying to find ? , he wants to believe there's a meaning for it all...so he's trying to make sense of the senseless...and at the end of the day the murders are just going to be senseless murders by a man or men of average intelligence with no clout, who wanted to live out some fantasy he/they read in a book
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ever notice that when they call him MR. Cohle it sounds like Mystical?

No way Cohle is the killer, but he damn sure be breaking laws
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Does anybody know if they're using the same set of actors similar to how American Horror does for season 2. The acting performances are a big reason this show is great...interested in seeing who follows if they change the cast.
  • loch121
    Options
    T.Vick04 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they're using the same set of actors similar to how American Horror does for season 2. The acting performances are a big reason this show is great...interested in seeing who follows if they change the cast.

I hear they're not using the same actors or story, but we'll see
  • loch121
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This show got some ? with it that you can't catch until you go back to the 1st ep

Marty's daughter is most likely being sexually abused

She was making dolls in the shape of 5 male dolls ? a girl then in the last ep Cohle made the same type of scene with the beer can men

Then she was drawing sex stuff later

Then later she's getting ? by dudes and is caught.

Cohle is making rants not just about the story,but about the fact that the ppl in the story are characters in a TV show.When he talks about the 4th wall alot of ppl are saying we(the viewers) are that 4th dimension who sees the show as a circle while the characters see it as a sphere.

They have been throwing red herrings that Cohle or Marty is the killer or suspect since the 1st ep

They wouldn't be being interrogated if somebody wasn't under suspicion

The black detectives have been focusing on Cohle but they been throwing clues about Hart too.

Hart did smoke dude quick as hell last ep,like he could have something to hide.

I don't think either are the killer, but I do think they found all the ppl responsible and killed them and I think the same ppl molested Hart's daughter

I think Cohle is putting on an act.he was too precise and clean to change into a hillbilly
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I just re-watched all 5 episodes...been a long time since I did that on a show that's not even over yet. I hope the ending doesn't disappoint. So many layers to this ? .
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Cohle is making rants not just about the story,but about the fact that the ppl in the story are characters in a TV show.When he talks about the 4th wall alot of ppl are saying we(the viewers) are that 4th dimension who sees the show as a circle while the characters see it as a sphere.

tumblr_m93533eyFU1qlfzwoo1_500.gif
  • WhoisDonG???
    Options
    Rewatching the 5th episode for the 3rd time Cohle is definitely a threat. Both dudes that got killed call him the Corsaca. At the diner dude said I see something in your eyes. Then La Duex said I saw you in my dreams. Black stars rising. It just gets to deep. I can't wait for Sunday.
  • loch121
    edited February 2014
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »

tumblr_m93533eyFU1qlfzwoo1_500.gif

LOL if you go back you'll notice Hart and Cohle keep talking about how the story went and talking about narrative.That's writer's jargon

The writer even said a lot of this show is about story telling

The original Yellow King story, The King Of Yellow was about a play that drove anyone crazy who saw it.IDK how much it ties in but it was story within a story.All the stories in the book were connected somehow to the play.

I think the end will be wild,because it was a slow boil
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just caught up on this show, just incredible