Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that one take end scene was awesome..had me on the edge of my futon.

McConaughey is so natural in the role of rusty it doesn't even feel like acting.

this is just a one series story right?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    that one take end scene was awesome..had me on the edge of my futon.

McConaughey is so natural in the role of rusty it doesn't even feel like acting.

this is just a one series story right?
    I heard an interview from Matt & he saod they came at hom tp play Martin....he told them he'd only do the show if he could play cohle

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn
    That ending scene was one of the best things I have ever seen on TV or in a movie

I sleepin on the show.
    I thought it would jus be justified but in hbo
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think what I liked best about that end was how real it felt. It looked like what the show cops was supposed to be. When that first shot fired the episode went from good to classic.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rust is that dude. ? kicked that real ? to Marty in the bar, no filter. "You can't spot crazy ? ?"
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Holy ? . This show is people taking their craft and art to the next level.

Thought it was hilarious when Rusty walked out on Marty's wife. Didn't say ? , just got up and walked out. Bish thought she was about to be coddled by him and he was like nah bish.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta really go back & listen to the questions the cops are asking.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Thought it was hilarious when Rusty walked out on Marty's wife. Didn't say ? , just got up and walked out. Bish thought she was about to be coddled by him and he was like nah bish.

the way she dressed all nice for him I was thinking there might be potential for him to hit eventually....

no ? given though
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She tried to low key ? on him and brought up his wife. thats why he dipped like that. Wasnt having it the courtesy call was over.
    rusty a real ? .
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow, wow and wow. ? awesome.

I have not seen TV that good since season 4 of Breaking Bad
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    True Detective intro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Boardwalk Empire intro
    Did I hear correctly that some Blood ? cut the ? dude ? off?

Could not believe that ? . Rust said they did "a sloppy job" too. My ? hurt after he said that.

That's a bold statement. I'd give it another season before making that judgement. Every episode is more stimulating right now because you have to figure ? out but I doubt it has the replay value of boardwalk. They're not even the same genre in my opinion. Kind of like comparing the sixth sense with pulp fiction.

I'm literally talking about the intro to each episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxXRkqXfhYM

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2y0lrvPnpU
  • Will Munny
    Options
    s.free wrote: »

She tried to low key ? on him and brought up his wife. thats why he dipped like that. Wasnt having it the courtesy call was over.
    rusty a real ? .

lol I'm not sure it was low key tho, ? was pretty blatant.
  • twentyfivelighters
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Also, I wanted to speak on last night's episode.

The cinematography during the last several minutes was fantastic. The tension had me on the edge of my seat. This was the best episode of the season so far. McConaughey is killing this ? !!

iWnDuYpaq00G9.gif

Those last few scenes made me forget:

"I will ? you, ? ".

Lol.

Rust is such a great character. I gotta watch this episode again later this week.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    She called marty a wet noodle, whiskey ? ? I was dyin
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Two nice mid 90s era music details: Woody's touristy lookin ass tryin to creep into the biker bar wearin a Pink Floyd 94 world tour shirt. And, durin the raid, ? got on

http://youtu.be/wts7jJ_swDI

Soooooooooooo....!!!!
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    I knew the beat sounded familiar.
  • marc123
    Options
    She called marty a wet noodle, whiskey ? ? I was dyin

Yea. I was like gotdamn. That was cold. LOL.
  • marc123
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

When that rock came threw the window i said "These white boys bout to get ? up"
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^I can't lie, I was mad that they even had the ? to go in the hood 4 deep like that.
  • artakartel
    artakartel Members Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Been catching up on True Detective on the last couple of days, WOW, this show is amazing. Rusting Cohle and Fox Mulder would have some interesting conversations.

I just caught something in that show by the way. Tagged just in case.
    I was watching the last scenes of episodes 3 and 4 on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGoX1B6_2k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_qlkRt6lK4

When Rust is giving the great speech at the end of episode 3 looking at the DBs, I had thought one of them stood out to me: it's a little girl. And the first few times I watched this, I just noted "how sad". But then this morning I noticed:

2emfrjl.jpg

She's taking her pulse.

2me93io.jpg

Quite a mannerism to pick up isn't it? Everytime Rust goes into a dangerous situation he checks his pulse, as if checking his own mortality before he goes back into the darkness.

I'll even go a step further: there's a chance that THIS is Rust's daughter, and that she did not in fact die in a car accident. We learned in episode 4 that he's not above lying about things (like his father having leukemia). There's a chance things are much more tragic than he lets on.

If this is true, it's really ? slick how they showed that little detail for 2 seconds before moving on and making you think it's part of the editing. If true, then ? I am:

the TRUE DETECTIVE.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Exactly. We see Rust developing quite a bit throughout these past two episodes (I mean aside from all the drugs and ? ...). He started lying to Martin, attempting to console him after his wife finds out... saying they'll be together again within a few months. Very good catch, too; I noticed his quirk of checking his pulse but didn't quite connect it to anything.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    HBO does some fantastic marketing for their shows:

[img]https://scontent-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31/1537989_663254477049896_1121804625_o.jpg[/img]
  • lazypakman
    Options
    artakartel wrote: »
    Been catching up on True Detective on the last couple of days, WOW, this show is amazing. Rusting Cohle and Fox Mulder would have some interesting conversations.

I just caught something in that show by the way. Tagged just in case.
    I was watching the last scenes of episodes 3 and 4 on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGoX1B6_2k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_qlkRt6lK4

When Rust is giving the great speech at the end of episode 3 looking at the DBs, I had thought one of them stood out to me: it's a little girl. And the first few times I watched this, I just noted "how sad". But then this morning I noticed:

2emfrjl.jpg

She's taking her pulse.

2me93io.jpg

Quite a mannerism to pick up isn't it? Everytime Rust goes into a dangerous situation he checks his pulse, as if checking his own mortality before he goes back into the darkness.

I'll even go a step further: there's a chance that THIS is Rust's daughter, and that she did not in fact die in a car accident. We learned in episode 4 that he's not above lying about things (like his father having leukemia). There's a chance things are much more tragic than he lets on.

If this is true, it's really ? slick how they showed that little detail for 2 seconds before moving on and making you think it's part of the editing. If true, then ? I am:

the TRUE DETECTIVE.

the leukemia story was a cover so he could take a leave of absence to go undercover.that's why Marty had to play dumb whilst he was being interviewed as well.