True Detective (HBO) - TV Series

Options

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy it's more out there.
    Like Hart said though "you can never truly get them all". It does seem that all the major players are dead now though including "the worst of them all" Erroll.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought they were going to have new characters for the next season I didnt know they were gonna continue with Rust and Cohle
  • Rampage12
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    i thought they were going to have new characters for the next season I didnt know they were gonna continue with Rust and Cohle
    They're not. Everything I've heard Season 2 is going to be completely unrelated to Season 1 which is why it's called an Anthology Series.

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would have liked to see them catch everyone but it became clear especially this episode it wasn't about that. Great finale.

How the ? are they gonna top this ? ? Lol.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet atheists are mad as ? at this ending tho, lmao.

why?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    for some reason watching the ending (all hospital scenes) I felt the same unease I felt watchin the breaking bad season 5 mid season finale. when they were all sitting around the pool. jus b4 hank went to take a ? . Like it felt like everything was calm, cool and happy. but there was a unease or spookiness about it. like I was jus waiting for VERY bad to happen.

overall this series was about the journey. and not the final result. but it jus bein the scared up face dude and his ? up hick family behind everything kinda fell alil flat to me.

but all the interactions between Hart and Cole. were truly a joy to watch. it was more a study on human interactions, with murder mystery sprinkled in. than jus a str8 up crime/buddy cop drama.

the scene where Hart watched Cole wake up was classic. lol.

tho im surprised it ended on such a happy note. thought for sure Cole was a goner.

overall after 1st watch. I don't think the finale was a GOAT as I thought it would be goin in. it was more creepy and weird than anything. with alotta suspense durin the chase scene. Woody and Matthew both did their thing tho. and another win for HBO.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched the finale
    Show is amazing
    can't wait for next season even if it has nothing to do with this one
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure somebody has already mentioned how much the ending was like Silence Of The Lambs.The house and the way The Yellow King dipped on Cohle reminded me of Silence Of The Lambs.

So I guess they'll never answer the questions about Marty's daughter

Where the ? did the Yellow Kings accent come from? How is he English?

I thought Marty and Cohle were gonna die

The Yellow Kings wife and house were WOAT.

I know it stinked when he fingered that fat ?

what was he doing w/ that dead body?

Interesting ending with the meta comments on life and story telling

Overall great.It was like seeing a great detective thriller movie w/ the characters developed for 8 hrs

Glad it didn't go supernatural

Cohle is almost as crazy as WIll Graham on Hannibal, but with way more personality and ether

• loch121
    Options
    I bet atheists are mad as ? at this ending tho, lmao.

I guess you didn't get the point

They did a reversal and had Cohle getting spiritual this time and having Marty be the devil's advocate

He countered everything Cohle said and basically said "? don't you be seeing ? anyway"

I think it balanced it out for however ppl think in the end,but the statements were more a comment on story telling itself than about religion or non religion.

You should really check out that last conversation again

• thefabmd2dc
    Options
    I think the point was to turn both of the two detectives into subversions of each other. Now Marty is all cynical and Cohle is like maybe the light is winning and there's hope or whatever.
    The show definitely wasn't about the case being solved but about how these characters grew which is kinda the irony looking at what the show is called.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    Would have liked to see them catch everyone but it became clear especially this episode it wasn't about that. Great finale.

How the ? are they gonna top this ? ? Lol.

Cosign. Hart said it himself when he said they got theirs. That ended their story, even for the audience. He didn't want to hear anymore about the cult from Gilbough in the hospital either.
  • thefabmd2dc
    Options
    It would be cool if next season focused on gilbough and papania but I doubt they'll want to stick to this time period
  • Rampage12
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    I'm sure somebody has already mentioned how much the ending was like Silence Of The Lambs.The house and the way The Yellow King dipped on Cohle reminded me of Silence Of The Lambs.

Overall great.It was like seeing a great detective thriller movie w/ the characters developed for 8 hrs

Cohle is almost as crazy as WIll Graham on Hannibal, but with way more personality and ether

-I tried to tell everyone the ? with Hart's daughter wasn't going to be addressed in the finale.

-Erroll obviously wasn't English, he was just being a weirdo and copying the accents from those black and white movies he was watching.

-The dead body was obviously Erroll's father as he referred to him as "Daddy" more than a couple times.

Underrated scene was when Maggie and their two daughters visit Hart in the hospital and he's all happy because it seems like he has a family again but then he realizes he screwed up the good thing he had like Cohle told him and started crying.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that fat woman was the killers half sister smh white trash ? perverts. and the killer took 4 headbutts and 3 bullets and was still standing. i think he was a demon for real
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Is there a possibility that they bring Cohle and Hart back in say, season 3 to continue where this left off. I know its an anthology series but there's plenty questions left unanswered, that can be made into another goat season.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great show with a wack ass finale
  • marc123
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

-I tried to tell everyone the ? with Hart's daughter wasn't going to be addressed in the finale.

-Erroll obviously wasn't English, he was just being a weirdo and copying the accents from those black and white movies he was watching.

-The dead body was obviously Erroll's father as he referred to him as "Daddy" more than a couple times.

Underrated scene was when Maggie and their two daughters visit Hart in the hospital and he's all happy because it seems like he has a family again but then he realizes he screwed up the good thing he had like Cohle told him and started crying.

c/s. that scene was jus as powerful as Cole cryin while talkin bout seein his dead daughter. GOAT stuff.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    that fat woman was the killers half sister smh white trash ? perverts. and the killer took 4 headbutts and 3 bullets and was still standing. i think he was a demon for real
    Just as nasty was when they started fooling around Erroll had her tell him stories about how the grandfather used to molest her. Not alot of forks in that family tree if you get my drift.

• thefabmd2dc
    Options
    I don't think the killer is English he was just fooling around and copying the people on the TV. Messed up they aren't gonna go after the other cult members but then again as much as it took out of them to take down one dude they might not be up to it again
  • loch121
    Options
    Cohle did the Walter White sniper routine w/ a real sniper though
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Wasn't the sniper the owner of the bar Cohle worked at who's daughter had gone missing and never been found?

• marc123
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wasn't the sniper the owner of the bar Cohle worked at who's daughter had gone missing and never been found?
    yea
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more I think about the finale the more I feel they answered questions without doing it directly, I feel bad he doesn't know about his daughter tho
  • Rampage12
    Options
    The more I think about the finale the more I feel they answered questions without doing it directly, I feel bad he doesn't know about his daughter tho
    Who? The bar owner?

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who? The bar owner?

no hart