XBOX One Sales Figures

Options

Comments

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Hating from outside the club is the perfect analogy for this dude.
    It's fine if you have a xbox one especially if your favorite games are on it. I just don't know how you can sit here and act like kinect is perfect... Microsoft introduced the best online experience in gaming you can't hate on that. I'm just saying I haven't met many people including myself who like windows 8 and I'm not a kinect fan so I don't see why you'd get a xbox one for any reason other than your favorite exclusives being on the xbox, or if you've invested a lot of time on your live account.

You've seen me talk down on wii u yet I was on GameCube and xbox heavy at the end of the PS2 life cycle. GameCube is highly underrated.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    Why ? talking about Windows?

"Oh, nobody uses Walkman's, and the third Spider-Man movie sucked, therefore the PS4 must be trash"

WTF?
    You ? ?

Xbox one interface

xbox-one-dashboard.jpg

Windows 8

windows8.jpg

Windows Mobile

HomeScreen1.png

The IC has the a really dumb fan base no wonder you guys defend this ? .

Lol this ? went and got pics like that proves anything.. yea they are visually similar but dont function the same.. ? koa jr .

I Bet u havent played either new system but post the most about em

Come on, man, I don't even agree with everything he's saying, but are ya'll really trying to deny the XB1 UI is built on a Windows 8 foundation? It's clearly another variant of Windows 8 just like Windows RT and Windows Phone. What's next? Are ya'll going to try and deny that water is wet?

The way it looks and the way it feels are 2 different things. Kinect brings a whole new dimension.

"Kinect adds another dimension"

tumblr_mc9p9lP7Ai1rc1rn6o1_500.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Lmao this ? monk can't resist

I know. I got problems, and I'm on this ? trying to wast time when it's slow at work.
    Lol just stupid across the board if you don't have an Xbox one then
    shut that non factual ? up because you don't know how it functions

Why are you ? ? acting like if you don't own something, you can't possibly have any experiences with it? Maybe you cats have no life or friends off the IC and XBox Live, but most of the rest of us actually have friend, cousins, and other people in our lives that we kick it with. I got no plans of buying an XB1, but that didn't stop my cuz or two of my homeboys from getting one.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hating from outside the club is the perfect analogy for this dude.
    It's fine if you have a xbox one especially if your favorite games are on it. I just don't know how you can sit here and act like kinect is perfect... Microsoft introduced the best online experience in gaming you can't hate on that. I'm just saying I haven't met many people including myself who like windows 8 and I'm not a kinect fan so I don't see why you'd get a xbox one for any reason other than your favorite exclusives being on the xbox, or if you've invested a lot of time on your live account.

You've seen me talk down on wii u yet I was on GameCube and xbox heavy at the end of the PS2 life cycle. GameCube is highly underrated.

I got an xbox because I loved the 360. I've never said Kinect was perfect. I wasn't a fan until I actual tried it either.

Stop trying to be a super fan. We all know you've had other consoles.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said if you don't own one....not talking about going to your homeboy crib and looking at it because obviously windows 8 ain't got ? to do with the xbox interface so one more time for dummies.....
    shut yo ? up
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black child confused... he goes from talking about how X1 is windows 8 BASED, no body refutes that. So he goes to say the kinect isnt perfect.. smh just give up. nobody said the kinect is perfect, but y are u tryna focus on things non gaming related, seeing as most PS folks in here are all about gaming?

i know why, cuz thats all you can gripe about with the X1, the interface (which ps4 borrowed from) and kinect. smh just reachin
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @loniousmonk what up fam? i aint had a debate with u in a while. lol

serious question tho, who ever said that the interface wasnt based off of windows 8? yea it totally looks like it, i give you that; And if it was straight up windows 8 what is the big complaint about it? i dont see whats so wrong with it.. this is a game console, not a laptop or desktop computer. The ? works very well
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do people keep saying it's based off of windows 8? When windows 8 was based off of the mobile OS.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2013
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    @loniousmonk what up fam? i aint had a debate with u in a while. lol

serious question tho, who ever said that the interface wasnt based off of windows 8? yea it totally looks like it, i give you that; And if it was straight up windows 8 what is the big complaint about it? i dont see whats so wrong with it.. this is a game console, not a laptop or desktop computer. The ? works very well

I point you to this ? idiot.
    Like I said if you don't own one....not talking about going to your homeboy crib and looking at it because obviously windows 8 ain't got ? to do with the xbox interface so one more time for dummies.....
    shut yo ? up

Aside from his stupid opinion that you can't possibly understand anything about the XB1 by going and playing it at your homeboy's house, he's also making the dumb statement that the the Xbox UI and Windows 8 are completely unrelated.

That said, me and you don't disagree at all. I like Windows 8 (well Windows 8.1 at least). I have a Windows 8 laptop and a Windows 8 tablet, so you get no complaints for me. I've also gone on record saying that I like the XB1 interface. I think it's better than the PS4 interface, and that's not even accounting for the voice and gesture controls (which can also be done on Windows 8 computers) which I honestly don't care about. So I'm not criticizing anything about the XB1. I'm pointing out that anyone who is saying that the Xbox UI isn't related to Windows 8 at all is an idiot.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Why do people keep saying it's based off of windows 8? When windows 8 was based off of the mobile OS.

Tell that to the ? who keeps crying about what he likes and don't like about windows 8 nobody gives a ? about that like I said you can who owns one and who doesn't because they have no idea what they're speaking on
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Tell that to the ? who keeps crying about what he likes and don't like about windows 8 nobody gives a ? about that like I said you can who owns one and who doesn't because they have no idea what they're speaking on

If you don't care about it why do you keep speaking on it? Nobody called you out. If the discussion at hand means nothing to you, sit your monkey ass back and shut the ? up. ? .
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've also gone on record saying

LOL. Monk, ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I've also gone on record saying

LOL. Monk, ? .

Why are you still talking to me? I've made it clear you're too stupid to hold any kind of real convo with so just leave it alone.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    So fellas how does that windows 8 work on the xbox one? Lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    So fellas how does that windows 8 work on the xbox one? Lol

So fella who ever said Windows 8 was on the Xbox One?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Good that will shut the dummies up
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2013
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    They have just updated Windows 8 to look and feel more like XB1. Cease this argument.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a535311/windows-8-update-to-match-xbox-one-interface-codename-threshold.html

That's actually only part of the story. The ultimate goal is not to make Windows 8 more like the XB1 UI. It is to unify all three of M$'s platforms.
    According to a report at GameSpot sister site ZDnet, Microsoft is planning to release its next wave of operating systems--codenamed Threshold--in spring 2015. Sources confirmed to reporter Mary J. Foley that Microsoft executive vice president Terry Myerson used the name "Threshold" in an internal email recently.

If plans hold, Threshold will feature updates to Microsoft's three main operating systems platforms--Xbox One, Windows, and Windows Phone--allowing them to share common elements more easily than in the past. A single app store for all three platforms is also in the pipeline, the report claims.

These platforms already share a common Windows RT core, but Microsoft is reportedly planning to unify the developer toolset for all three of the platforms. What's more, sources told ZDnet that Threshold will support the same main set of "high value activities" across platforms.

These include expression/documents (Office), decision making/task completion (Bing), IT management (Intune), and something labeled "serious fun." Before Threshold arrives, however, Microsoft is reportedly planning further updates to Windows 8 and Windows Phone to be released in 2014.

Outgoing Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer mentioned "high value activities" in July as part of the announcement of a company-wide reorganization. It was also here that Ballmer laid out his vision for "One Microsoft" focused around unifying the company's products and services.

The Threshold codename is taken from the Halo series. It is the name of the planet around which the first halo ring orbited in the original Halo: Combat Evolved. Microsoft's Siri competitor will reportedly be called Cortana, also associated with the Halo franchise.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-s-threshold-to-unify-xbox-one-windows/1100-6416516/

Look at the bold. XB1 is based on the Windows RT core which is essentially just the Metro style introduced in Windows Phone and expanded on in Windows 8, so yes you're right, let's cease this argument.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst argument in The Arcade of '13.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    It doesn't matter though "xbox uses kinect"
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Worst argument in The Arcade of '13.

Even as a participant in it, I can't say you're wrong.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Kinect isn't perfect but the ? is a neccessity on the new system and I see why it was added as a bundle. The Voice integrated features that allow you to browse the system without touching the controller at all if you want. Don't see what's your gripe with the Kinect any way. Seems like you're arguing from a fanboy standpoint. illogical irrational, and won't listen to reason. Why are you in here anyway?

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there is no way blackxchild is not KOA ? came back reinvented his self w/o out mentioning ? slaps and richard simmons
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do yall find time to play games lol
  • BlackxChild
    Options

The Kinect isn't perfect but the ? is a neccessity on the new system and I see why it was added as a bundle. The Voice integrated features that allow you to browse the system without touching the controller at all if you want. Don't see what's your gripe with the Kinect any way. Seems like you're arguing from a fanboy standpoint. illogical irrational, and won't listen to reason. Why are you in here anyway?

Did I say the kinect sucked??? No in fact I've defended it.... Let's not act like that ? is goat why not make a interface that's easier to browse through instead? Why not make something you can just use a controller with? Kinect is cool but I'd never pay for that ? .