Batman can take the whole dragon ball universe
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    veikuri wrote: »
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Goku can take out whoever can't survive a planet explosion. The SS's never actually fought at their full power during the cell saga and beyond for exactly that reason. (they would destroy the planet)

If they can, I'll assume they have some hax power that will cause problems for the Golden Child.

That's exaggeration. Nowhere was it ever implied that anyone in DBZ was so powerful that they could destroy the Earth with errant attacks. They are planet busters, but it's not casual for them.

I disagree, I believe during the cell saga and beyond, it wouldn't be too hard for them to destroy the earth if they're not careful.

At a power level of 139, Master Roshi is capable of destroying the moon. This is important for my next point.

Flash forward to the Saiyan saga. At one point Vegeta gets ? off, and threatens to destroy earth. Many claim Vegeta was bluffing, but Vegeta power level when doing the Gallet Gun is 35k, far above Roshi's mere 139. I don't think it's beyond reasoning to say Vegeta was capable of blowing Earth up at that point.

- Base form Freiza blew up planet vegeta while chilling in his chair.

Then why did he power up so much to destroy Namek?

Because he didn't want Goku to block it, and he didn't want to let Goku know what he was going to do.

Fast Forward to the Buu Saga

Here is kid buu casually sending a blast capable of destroying Earth and Vegeta deflected it without much effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW3zD5QoL74

So yeah, I think a select few of the Z fighters could casually blow up Earth if they wanted to, since some of them are even stronger than kid buu.

If anyone is wondering why large attacks like the Kamehameha don't blow up Earth, and yet that small attack from buu was able to do it, it's most likely because the formation and delivery of the attack were designed differently, example: KHH is more like a wave, buu's blast was a ball of highly concentrated energy.

In simple terms, manga logic.

Master Roshi destroying the moon was an outlier. Neither Goku nor Vegeta know any planet busting attacks. Use manga feats, not anime feats.

How was Master Roshii blowing up the moon an outlier? To add on, here goes Piccolo blowing up the moon with very little effort. http://www.mangapanda.com/105-2857-10/dragon-ball/chapter-208.html

And as far as I know, Buu blew up the Earth in the manga, as well as Frieza blowing up planet Vegeta, and here is Vegeta threatening to blow up the Earth, so what non manga feats am I using?

They don't need a specific attack to blow up a planet, it just requires a lot of concentrated energy, Goku damn near did it just from powering up. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, etc just have never did it because they have absolutely know reason to blow up a planet.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goku & Vegeta don't stand a chance
    I stick by my statement, no street tier fighter is ? with Goku and Vegeta. Hulk maybe, Thor yes, Thanos definitely, Silver Surfer ? yea, Sentry yea, Blue Marvel, Galactus, Frank Richards, Magneto, Apocalypse, Onslaught, Phoenix force, etc...
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Goku can take out whoever can't survive a planet explosion. The SS's never actually fought at their full power during the cell saga and beyond for exactly that reason. (they would destroy the planet)

If they can, I'll assume they have some hax power that will cause problems for the Golden Child.

That's exaggeration. Nowhere was it ever implied that anyone in DBZ was so powerful that they could destroy the Earth with errant attacks. They are planet busters, but it's not casual for them.

I disagree, I believe during the cell saga and beyond, it wouldn't be too hard for them to destroy the earth if they're not careful.

At a power level of 139, Master Roshi is capable of destroying the moon. This is important for my next point.

Flash forward to the Saiyan saga. At one point Vegeta gets ? off, and threatens to destroy earth. Many claim Vegeta was bluffing, but Vegeta power level when doing the Gallet Gun is 35k, far above Roshi's mere 139. I don't think it's beyond reasoning to say Vegeta was capable of blowing Earth up at that point.

Because he didn't want Goku to block it, and he didn't want to let Goku know what he was going to do.

Here is kid buu casually sending a blast capable of destroying Earth and Vegeta deflected it without much effort.

So yeah, I think a select few of the Z fighters could casually blow up Earth if they wanted to, since some of them are even stronger than kid buu.

If anyone is wondering why large attacks like the Kamehameha don't blow up Earth, and yet that small attack from buu was able to do it, it's most likely because the formation and delivery of the attack were designed differently, example: KHH is more like a wave, buu's blast was a ball of highly concentrated energy.

Master Roshi destroying the moon was an outlier. Neither Goku nor Vegeta know any planet busting attacks. Use manga feats, not anime feats.

How was Master Roshii blowing up the moon an outlier? To add on, here goes Piccolo blowing up the moon with very little effort. http://www.mangapanda.com/105-2857-10/dragon-ball/chapter-208.html

And as far as I know, Buu blew up the Earth in the manga, as well as Frieza blowing up planet Vegeta, and here is Vegeta threatening to blow up the Earth, so what non manga feats am I using?

They don't need a specific attack to blow up a planet, it just requires a lot of concentrated energy, Goku damn near did it just from powering up. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, etc just have never did it because they have absolutely know reason to blow up a planet.

Because the anime makes them seem like casual planet busters, while the manga usually doesn't make any mention of it.

That video you posted early about Buu being able to destroy the planet 10 times over. Anime only
    Vegeta vs Frieza where he used all his power was supposedly a planet buster in the anime.

Majin SSJ2 Vegeta's life force wasn't enough to destroy the planet yet a Ki attack from Dragon Ball's Piccolo and Master Roshi is enough to destroy the moon?

You're telling me Piccolo's and Master Roshi's Ki attack is stronger than SSJ3 Goku's attacks?
  • BoldChild
    Options

Because the anime makes them seem like casual planet busters, while the manga usually doesn't make any mention of it.

That video you posted early about Buu being able to destroy the planet 10 times over. Anime only
    Vegeta vs Frieza where he used all his power was supposedly a planet buster in the anime.

I wasn't referencing that part though, I was focusing on the part were buu lazily raises his hand, and shoots out a blast capable of destroying the Earth without any effort.
    Majin SSJ2 Vegeta's life force wasn't enough to destroy the planet yet a Ki attack from Dragon Ball's Piccolo and Master Roshi is enough to destroy the moon?

You're telling me Piccolo's and Master Roshi's Ki attack is stronger than SSJ3 Goku's attacks?

I gave my own opinion on this in my first post, with the addition of "and were not directly aimed at the Earth."
    If anyone is wondering why large attacks like the Kamehameha don't blow up Earth, and yet that small attack from buu was able to do it, it's most likely because the formation and delivery of the attack were designed differently, and were not directly aimed at the Earth. example: KHH is more like a wave, buu's blast was a ball of highly concentrated energy.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't see how anything you posted there supports the Z fighters being casual planet busters. Roshi had to charge up quite a bit to blow up the moon which is much smaller than the average planet. Vegeta threatens to blow up the earth and had to charge up his Gallick Gun to do it. Freiza destroyed Planet Vegeta, but not with some errant attack. He created a huge Death Ball for that specific purpose. Him sitting in a chair is irrelevant. Kid Buu is the only one that was shown to be a casual planet buster and he was a lot stronger than any of the Z fighters.

So no, this idea that Goku would be able to pull a Silver Surfer and blow up a planet just from his excess power isn't supported. So far, in the series every planet busting attack or potential planet busting attack was specifically created for that purpose.
  • BoldChild
    edited April 2014
    Options

I don't see how anything you posted there supports the Z fighters being casual planet busters. Roshi had to charge up quite a bit to blow up the moon which is much smaller than the average planet. Vegeta threatens to blow up the earth and had to charge up his Gallick Gun to do it. Freiza destroyed Planet Vegeta, but not with some errant attack. He created a huge Death Ball for that specific purpose. Him sitting in a chair is irrelevant. Kid Buu is the only one that was shown to be a casual planet buster and he was a lot stronger than any of the Z fighters.

So no, this idea that Goku would be able to pull a Silver Surfer and blow up a planet just from his excess power isn't supported. So far, in the series every planet busting attack or potential planet busting attack was specifically created for that purpose.

It doesn't matter if Roshi had to charge up to do, it's there to show if someone with a power level of 139 is capable of doing that, what do you think someone who has a power level in the multi millions to billions capable of?

About Vegeta having to power up his attack to destroy earth, Saiyan saga Vegeta is much weaker than ssj2 Vegeta at the end of the series, it didn't take him much effort at all to block Buu's planet busting attack.

Also, ssj3 Goku and Gotenks, as well as Mysic Gohan are all stronger than kid buu, what makes him stronger than others is the fact that he is so impervious to most attacks to the point where he can survive a planet explosion, and he does not run out of energy.
    Freiza destroyed Planet Vegeta, but not with some errant attack. He created a huge Death Ball for that specific purpose.

I don't see how this goes against my original point, which is they can't use their full strength because they would destroy the planet, and it was base Frieza that did this, cell and buu saga fighters are far stronger than this, even frieza's final form is far stronger than this.

The chair comment was hinting to the fact that he didn't even power up to do it, but assuming he did, that would put his power level at 530,000, frieza;s final form power level is 120,00,000 mil, which is a gigantic gap.

With that in mind, cell saga fighters would treat final form frieza like a bug.

Do you really think they would have to struggle to do what base form Freiza did?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't know what your original point is. I wasn't responding to you specifically. However, nothing you just put changes the fact that nothing has happened in the manga to suggest DBZ characters are casual planet busters. And there is definitely nothing to suggest they are so powerful that they can accidentally destroy planets. Nothing like that was ever done in the series.
  • BoldChild
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't know what your original point is. I wasn't responding to you specifically. However, nothing you just put changes the fact that nothing has happened in the manga to suggest DBZ characters are casual planet busters. And there is definitely nothing to suggest they are so powerful that they can accidentally destroy planets. Nothing like that was ever done in the series.

This was my point.
    The SS's never actually fought at their full power during the cell saga and beyond for exactly that reason. (they would destroy the planet)

DBZ characters cannot put all their power in a blast and go firing it ? nilly.

and this is the proof I'm using right here, Goku and Vegeta instantly knew that was enough power to destroy the Earth, which means they know exactly how much power it would take for them to blow up the earth, and can regulate their own power accordingly. Again, SSj3 Goku and others are stronger than kid buu, so there is no reason for me to believe they can't do the same.

8Hat4K3.jpg
    mnYfJTZ.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I still don't see how that supports your statements. Buu still created that energy and directed it at the earth with the intention of destroying the earth. He wasn't just firing it off and having it deflected into the earth.
  • veikuri
    Options
    Dude needs to write for fanfiction.net
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monk, damnit son, you know exactly what the other cat means lol.

in that latest Z movie battle of the gods(which was Lame as ? mind you). Goku went toe to toe with a brotha that accidentlty destroyed 4 planets within 2 seconds when he ate some spicey food he couldnt handle lol...the brotha then got punished like a lil kid by his mentor lmao

them Z power levels are ridiculous lol, just like this discussion, you got marvel dudes having the power of the entire universe and ? , z warriors matchinf Gods and so on.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Nah, I'm really not trying to be a ? about this. I just don't agree that the Z fighters are at the level where they can destroy planets with errant energy. They have to consciously be attempting to destroy a planet or use enough energy capable of destroying a planet. That's a completely different matter than something like this:

3510038-4434977933-34652.jpg

Surfer and the enemy aren't trying to destroy the planet. They didn't attack the planet or have an attack deflected so that it struck the planet directly. They were just in a power struggle and the energy that flowed from their struggle destroyed the planet. There is absolutely nothing that suggests that if Vegeta and Goku were locked together in a similar manner that their raging power would destroy the Earth.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goku & Vegeta would ? them up badly
    Nah, I'm really not trying to be a ? about this. I just don't agree that the Z fighters are at the level where they can destroy planets with errant energy. They have to consciously be attempting to destroy a planet or use enough energy capable of destroying a planet. That's a completely different matter than something like this:

Surfer and the enemy aren't trying to destroy the planet. They didn't attack the planet or have an attack deflected so that it struck the planet directly. They were just in a power struggle and the energy that flowed from their struggle destroyed the planet. There is absolutely nothing that suggests that if Vegeta and Goku were locked together in a similar manner that their raging power would destroy the Earth.

Morg was a BEAST. He whooped the Surfer's ass. Whooped all of the Herald's ? at the same time.

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulk could take 'em. The madder he gets the stronger he gets.
  • Alkinduz
    Options

there is, Goku and Vegeta simply dont do it because they dont want to destroy a planet. They know what theyre capable of. Silver Surfer doesnt know or dont give a ? I guess.

just like that villain from the Z anime I told you bout in my previous post. Brotha accidently destroyed some planets within seconds cause the sambal on his sushi was to spicy lol. He didnt even realize what he did...

Goku can do the Same....just like Superman could, but you wont see either of them doing such a thing for obvious reasons

• BoldChild
    Options

And there wont be, that is not exactly a fair comparison.

Silver Surfer can both survive a planet explosion, and survive in space.

None of the Z fighters can do that, it would be committing suicide, murder suicide actually.

If we are are using that reasoning, that there is nothing to suggest they could easily destroy a planet, we can go even further than that and say they can't even easily destroy a continent, since there is nothing to suggest they can.

The Z fighters have three things going against them.

1. They can't survive a planet explosion or space.

2. Their not down with killings billions of people including their families

3. They're not trying to turn Earth into a waste land. (referring to buy there are no destruction of continents.)

^ These three things don't apply to the Silver Surfer, so he has no qualms about using his full power.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

None of the Z fighters can do that, it would be committing suicide, murder suicide actually.

If we are are using that reasoning, that there is nothing to suggest they could easily destroy a planet, we can go even further than that and say they can't even easily destroy a continent, since there is nothing to suggest they can.

3. They're not trying to turn Earth into a waste land. (referring to buy there are no destruction of continents.)

^ These three things don't apply to the Silver Surfer, so he has no qualms about using his full power.

First, you guys are missing the point. Surfer and Morg were not trying to destroy the planet. They were caught in a deadlock and the energy from their struggle was enough to destroy the planet. So all those reasons you gave for why the Z fighters wouldn't do it aren't relevant. And Surfer has more fine control of his powers than anybody in the Z universe could ever hope to have, so it's not a matter of him not knowing his own power or not having control.

On top of all that, Vegeta didn't fully come around to being a true good guy until the very end. He was still killing innocent people in the last ac and not giving a flying ? . So you're crazy if you're saying Vegeta wouldn't do something because he wanted to preserve life. The dude said on more than one occasion that he didn't give a ? about the Earth or anyone on it.

And lol @ saying not wanting to cause wanton destruction and death doesn't apply to Surfer. The dude is basically Space Gandhi. He pretty much jobs in 90% of his fights because he doesn't like going all out and destroying people.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Yeah and there are guys in the Z universe that can destroy planets by accident, without realizing it and without having to be in some kind of power deadlock surfer and the other dude were in.

that basically means: that Z ? >>>>>>Silver surfer
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    That's a completely illogical response.

Surfer has reinvigorated stars, closed black holes, and manipulated a mass of energy that was stated to be powerful enough to destroy all life in the universe.

In other words, no one in the DBZ Universe comes anywhere close to Surfer in terms of power. Furthermore, you keep on using the feats of this one character and applying it to everyone. Let's assume that this guy is comparable to the higher Marvel tiers. How does that support what's being discussed in this topic? His feats aren't Goku's and Vegeta's feats. I didn't see that movie, but didn't Goku basically turn into a SSJ ? by absorbing the energy from all the other Saiyans and still failed to definitively beat the enemy? Come on. Ya'll dudes are being ridiculous. I like Goku and Vegeta too, but these dudes are not ? with the top tier Marvel heroes and they aren't packing the kinda power that would allow them to crush planets like peanut shells.
  • BoldChild
    Options

First, you guys are missing the point. Surfer and Morg were not trying to destroy the planet. They were caught in a deadlock and the energy from their struggle was enough to destroy the planet.

Nah, I didn't miss the point, I never said they were trying to destroy the planet, what I said was they weren't putting forth a conscious effort to not destroy it, because their lives weren't dependent on it.
    On top of all that, Vegeta didn't fully come around to being a true good guy until the very end. He was still killing innocent people in the last ac and not giving a flying ? . So you're crazy if you're saying Vegeta wouldn't do something because he wanted to preserve life. The dude said on more than one occasion that he didn't give a ? about the Earth or anyone on it.

I was mainly speaking of the Z fighters as a whole, Vegeta is the exception, and Vegeta's mind was afflicted by the Majinn spell, Vegeta may not have cared about other Earthlings but he did care about his family, and he wasn't going to put them at risk.
    And lol @ saying not wanting to cause wanton destruction and death doesn't apply to Surfer. The dude is basically Space Gandhi. He pretty much jobs in 90% of his fights because he doesn't like going all out and destroying people.

Not going to comment on this, because I'm not a superhero comic fan, but all I know is he used to work for Galactus, and eventually turned against him.

And if it doesn't the number 1 point still applies, The Z fighters cannot survive a planet explosion, or space, so there is no way in hell they would commit suicide, which would be the only way to physically show they can destroy a planet just from going all out in a fight. (aside from a simulation)
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Look we can go around this point all you want, but you can not provide one single solitary piece of evidence that shows that any of the Z fighters are that powerful. It just doesn't exist. You guys are performing all the mental gymnastics to try and support a point that can't be substantiated.

We've seen the Z fighters fighting at their very limits on more than one occasion and we've never see any kinda exertion that affected things on a planetary level. At most, they are able to affect things in their vicinity and that's it. Hell Buu was so powerful that he was busting holes in reality. He gave no ? about the world or the people, so he had not qualms about letting his power flow, and yet he wasn't destroying the Earth with his excess energy either. They just aren't that strong, period.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    That's a completely illogical response.

Surfer has reinvigorated stars, closed black holes, and manipulated a mass of energy that was stated to be powerful enough to destroy all life in the universe.

In other words, no one in the DBZ Universe comes anywhere close to Surfer in terms of power. Furthermore, you keep on using the feats of this one character and applying it to everyone. Let's assume that this guy is comparable to the higher Marvel tiers. How does that support what's being discussed in this topic? His feats aren't Goku's and Vegeta's feats. I didn't see that movie, but didn't Goku basically turn into a SSJ ? by absorbing the energy from all the other Saiyans and still failed to definitively beat the enemy? Come on. Ya'll dudes are being ridiculous. I like Goku and Vegeta too, but these dudes are not ? with the top tier Marvel heroes and they aren't packing the kinda power that would allow them to crush planets like peanut shells.

fam, you dont know whom Im talking about from the Z uni, so how can you even compare? Or claim nobody in the z verse is ? with top tier marvel?

its biasssss, thats right Im calling you out monk, youre a Marvel fanboy lol.

and for the record, Goku became the super saiyan ? (lol) but changed back to regular Goku during the fight and peaked, Vegeta surpassed Goku in the flick. Overal the movie didnt make much sense and isnt worth watching lol

both Goku and Vegeta can destroy planets like its nothing as other posters have stated but for some reason you refuse to believe that ? . Acting like the cell saga never happened and ? .
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Look we can go around this point all you want, but you can not provide one single solitary piece of evidence that shows that any of the Z fighters are that powerful. It just doesn't exist. You guys are performing all the mental gymnastics to try and support a point that can't be substantiated.

We've seen the Z fighters fighting at their very limits on more than one occasion and we've never see any kinda exertion that affected things on a planetary level. At most, they are able to affect things in their vicinity and that's it. Hell Buu was so powerful that he was busting holes in reality. He gave no ? about the world or the people, so he had not qualms about letting his power flow, and yet he wasn't destroying the Earth with his excess energy either. They just aren't that strong, period.

It was actually explained in the manga why buu wasn't going as far as to destroy worlds before his kid buu transformation, there was no benefit in him destroying the world. When he was fat buu, he was focused on having fun, and obeying babidi. After that he was focused on fighting and absorbing z fighters. Kid buu was actually weaker than this version of Buu,(the one who absorbed gohan and co) the reason kid buu was so dangerous was because he gave no ? about destroying the world, unlike the previous buus.
  • veikuri
    Options
    You do realize that Vegeta sacrificing his life wasn't able to destroy the planet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMyl5ETIkNo

You do realize that SSJ3 Goku easily got one shot by someone who can casually destroy planets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imiryMHYPB0

All this holding back nonsense is pure fiction. Even IF the Z-fighters hold back, do you honestly believe that the villains do too? The only people who can destroy planets are Frieza and Buu, both using the Death Ball or some variant of it. Nothing else.