DC: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even really want to pick up Batman #41 today.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who else besides barnes & nobles sells comics? These muthafuckas gettin to expensive

try amazon, or http://www.instocktrades.com/. They got some great deals all the time.

never buy TPB from Barnes, or even from a comic book shop. Its like paying sticker price for a car. Shops are only good for single issues and bargain bins

Thanks i just bought a couple issues of preacher
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    This Truth story is what Superman: Grounded should've been. Instant classic.

What's that one about?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which one?

Grounded? or Truth?
  • kingofkingz
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Superman is confronted with the notion that he has grown disconnected from everyday Americans he has been committed to watching over, and doesn't truly know what his adopted people are like anymore. Feeling a responsibility to his adopted homeland, he begins a long journey where he will walk across the United States to reconnect with the everyday people he is committed to protecting
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i don't know whats going on in dc right now. i haven't bought a comic book since 2010. the last comic book i bought was the justice league revamp during the 52 weeks later era. i read some youtube uploads back in 2012. a little bit of flashpoint, green lantern rise of the third army, batman death of the family and batman and robin that whole thing with nemesis, batman inc and damians death. so whats going on? does new 52 mean a new 52 weeks after flash point. its confusing. they shook up and rebuilt the dcu in 2006 during the infinite crisis saga only to to it again in less than 10 years with the whole flash point saga.

can somebody bring me up to speed with a brief summary? one more thing i think they should have never killed damian in the first place and then bring him back with super human powers is just wack.

• lord nemesis
    Options
    ^^^ Batman's dead and Superman's powers have been reduced and he's secret identity exposed by Lois Lane. Green Lantern is apparently a fugitive as well.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ Batman's dead and Superman's powers have been reduced and he's secret identity exposed by Lois Lane. Green Lantern is apparently a fugitive as well.

you're ? with me arent you?
  • Broddie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    man i don't know whats going on in dc right now. i haven't bought a comic book since 2010. the last comic book i bought was the justice league revamp during the 52 weeks later era. i read some youtube uploads back in 2012. a little bit of flashpoint, green lantern rise of the third army, batman death of the family and batman and robin that whole thing with nemesis, batman inc and damians death. so whats going on? does new 52 mean a new 52 weeks after flash point. its confusing. they shook up and rebuilt the dcu in 2006 during the infinite crisis saga only to to it again in less than 10 years with the whole flash point saga.

can somebody bring me up to speed with a brief summary? one more thing i think they should have never killed damian in the first place and then bring him back with super human powers is just wack.

WTF @ "52 weeks after flashpoint" lol

Bruh after Infinite Crisis there was a story called 52. That story ended with the revelation that the events of IC brought the DC Multiverse back this time with 52 earths and not infinite earths.

After Flashpoint happened those 52 earths all got revamped. Thus the name "The New 52". Also on a more metatextual level DC was only publishing 52 books during that period so that could also have been conisdered "The New 52".

The DCU is "shook up and rebuilt" constantly.

The Golden Age heroes like Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and The Flash (Jay Garrick) gave way to the Silver Age heroes Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and The Flash (Barry Allen). That was the first significant change.

In my lifetime alone I've seen the DCU that was created at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths become the DCU we saw 8 years later after Zero Hour made some adjustments to post-crisis continuity. Then 11 years after Zero Hour there was another shift: Infinite Crisis. Followed 6 years later by Flashpoint which did for post-IC DCU what Zero Hour did for the post-crisis DCU.

In other words this isn't anything new for DC nor is it something those of us who have been reading DC for decades now would consider unprecedented. Nor is it really confusing. It's very straight forward if you actually pay attention.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC is actually the most straightforward its been in years with this little revamp. I really like it. Superman is great, Batman is interesting at least. Flash is still good. So is Aqua. WW is not as great as it was with Azzarello but it's still readable. Then you have some offbeat fun books like Omega Man or whatever and JL.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Gonna add Green Lantern to that. It's the most obvious example of what DC is doing with each of their heroes. The Hal in his own book is a fugitive from the corps with a gauntlet (no ring) that builds constructs. The Hal in Justice League is still the same GL we all know. Its kinda interesting.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Anybody pick up the first 2 issues of JLA? Thoughts?
  • Broddie
    Options
    I did. Still not completely sold on the story itself but I appreciate the scope of it. The scale of destruction in the beginning of issue 1 for example was pretty breathtaking.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    I was "meh" on issue 1 but #2 was kinda intriguing with the Rao stuff since I'm not overly familiar with all of the Superman mythos.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Darkseid War is dope. Bat Gawd seemed pretty shocked when he asked and found out Joker's real name.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Copped that Cyborg
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darkseid War is dope. Bat Gawd seemed pretty shocked when he asked and found out Joker's real name.

Whats jokers real name?
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    They didn't reveal it. They just showed Batman's shocked reaction when Metron's chair gave him the answer.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Bet it's Joe Chill.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Bet he has a brother that he don't know about that's joker.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I bet you it's a plot point that goes absolutely nowhere in the long run. I really doubt they're going to finally "identify" Proto Joker beyond "Red Hood #1" especially since that's part of the character's appeal.

Anyway Prez is a real gem. That book is funny and clever as ? .
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Bet the joker is Michael Jackson.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I posted in the DC Movie/TV Thread as well but this is dope:

DC/Warner Bros coming thru with this great deal

Hardcover Graphic Novel

and Blu-Ray + DVD+ Digital Movie

10y2w7l.jpg

Stores though usually have sales or you can order online cheaper price..

Got this for $21.. $50 plus value

339kav6.jpg
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish they would bring Ted Kord back. I'm all for diversity in comics but ? him and booster gold was some of the best ? DC produced