Do u think J Cole will ever lose the 'boring' tag?

Options
GunTown
GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
Most people say they find his music too boring do u think he is capable of ever making music that a lotta people wouldn't consider boring?

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out what is so boring about the ? music.

But no, he'll never lose it. These days once you get labeled a certain way, that ? is there forever. For the most part anyway.
  • GunTown
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

But no, he'll never lose it. These days once you get labeled a certain way, that ? is there forever. For the most part anyway.

To me he is boring because of his production (unbearable to listen to production), his hooks, his flow, his lack of charisma, his content him rapping too much about college.

His music is not engaging at all to me
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he changes his beat selection and flow he will.i like his flow however.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Music is subjective even though boring isn't a criteria in which I judge music. But I don't see what makes him and his music so "boring"? What is it? Is it his delivery, flow, beats? I don't get it.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eventually his beats will either get to the level of the other producers like just blaze etc. or he'll finally swallow his pride and get beats from all the other dope producers.
  • GunTown
    Options
    Only Nas has more terrible production than J Cole imo J Cole has the 2nd worst production ever in history
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is "exciting" music?
    The ? most people consider "entertaining" is run-of-the-mill.

Saying somebody is "boring" is quite lame.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? please.

P.S.
    Lets ? .
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His music isn't boring but his last 2 albums have been underwhelming. And no he won't lose the title. Doesn't matter anyways he already has a fan base and the people that think his music is boring usually only listen to turnt up ? with great beats
  • GunTown
    Options
    His 2 albums were very poor
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »

To me he is boring because of his production (unbearable to listen to production), his hooks, his flow, his lack of charisma, his content him rapping too much about college.

His music is not engaging at all to me

You kinda proving my point, son. Most of that ? isn't true. Lol. I like is production, but I agree that he needs to switch it up and get out of his comfort zone. So I'll give you that one. Does the ? really RAP about college all the time? Or does he have a few lines about college sprinkled in his ? ?

And if you spend 4 years somewhere, chances are pretty good you're gonna rap about it sometimes. Every rapper has certain things they always touch on. And most do it far more than Cole raps about college.

As far as his flow, ? is actually pretty damn good. What exactly about it is boring?

I'll give you the hooks as well. Sometimes they are underwelming.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The only ? who say j cole is boring are on the internet. I have yet for a ? in real life to say his ? puts ? to sleep. Ive been to 3 cole concerts and them ? are not boring. Matter of fact he incorporates his live band better than Jay Z does at his live show where hov blasts the track well over the live bands sound.

All 3 shows i went to were live as ? . All 3 shows had some of the baddest black, white, asian and mulatto women i have seen in my life wide awake might i add. Its a funny running joke on the IC but that is where it ends. And i haven't been to a cole show in 2 years might i add and since then ive heard they have gotten even more live and popular as more people are starting to recognize his name.

When i run half marathons, 5K's, 10K road races the end of my jog playlist usually has rise and shine or premeditated murder or miss america to motivate my ass to finish a race. Matter of fact yesterday i was running a race up a 140 foot steep hill where i was literally on a 50 degree slope. Miss America was on and that ? motivated me to hustle off this hill that some compact cars cant get up when it snows. ? was epic and the cole song aint put me to sleep it motivated me to run that hill.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I copped born sinner like 3 weeks ago.......ive came to the conclusion that yall ? have ? poor taste in music. That album is dope.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    The biggest problem with cole is the same problem k.r.i.t. had IMO. When you had classic tapes your albums can't be that average. I think k.r.i.t gon come through this time, as for cole he needs some new producers. Do a couple beats and leave the rest to no i.d. and others
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread #5011 about why u don't like hip hop... great...
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The word 'boring' and 'J. Cole; are not synonymous here on the East Coast. lol at your British ass.
    What do you want from him exactly? To turn up on some trap beat? Have some melodic hooks like Eminem.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    J. Cole is boring. I took my girl to a Wale/J. Cole show last year. ? was walkin out on his set...

Wale is beyond ? boring. Tiara Thomas was the highlight of his show. But if people are walking out on Coles set then they're probably people who didn't like his music in the first place
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh I dont disagree with ya bruh...I dont ? with Wale ? either. I went because my girl wanted to go...

But Wale atleast had the crowd buckin...J. Cole had ? was walking out in droves.
  • GunTown
    Options
    J. Cole is boring. I took my girl to a Wale/J. Cole show last year. ? was walkin out on his set...

Well damn, not surprised at all though
  • GunTown
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I copped born sinner like 3 weeks ago.......ive came to the conclusion that yall ? have ? poor taste in music. That album is dope.

Even the biggest J Cole fans said that album is wack and were disapointed by it
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what the mods want. Shadyteam to troll endlessly