Do u think J Cole will ever lose the 'boring' tag?

Options

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the only reason ppl say he's boring is because J. Cole doesn't have an over the top persona/gimmick that most rappers use these days.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ban this ? already
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In all honesty though, part of J Cole's problem is the beats dude rhymes on, specifically his own. It's like he drowns out in his beats or his beats are melancholy with his monotonous flow. When dude raps on other producers beats that's up tempo he sounds live as hell.

J Cole's problem is his beats and albums (retail albums) have one sound.

J Cole on other beats that's dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mACJPmHy9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBF7UvZPFPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnqLjAV6WWA
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    edited March 2014
    Options
    J Cole suffers from the same problem as Slaughterhouse, Nas, Cannibus, Jay Electronica, Immortal Technique etc

Not every rapper can make good songs or write good songs. J Cole can spit bars but his song making ability is a weakness he can't craft songs imo
  • GunTown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    You guys realize this happens everytime she makes a thread

EVEEEEYYDay
    and ? still plug into that matrix. are u expecting her to admit wrong? change her agenda. i dont get it.

I bet her and her UK friends sit at the computer like "look at these dumb Americans you got em again mate"

None of my friends even use the internet like that let alone care about blogs/message boards

My males friends discuss music in person with each other wen they smoking weed together or drinking or just hanging out on the strip. But rappers like J Cole are never discussed as they don't like his music or care for it. They discuss rappers they are fans of of

They don't do the blog thing they think it's nerdy not the actual activity of posting on boards but more so think most bloggers are nerdy in how they would catch feelings over rappers people outside the IC ain't checking for. There's a huge difference between the streets and the real world outside the IC compared to the IC. Peoples taste in music is the complete opposite

On top of that most my friends listen to Dancehall more than hip hop anyway. People in places like Kilburn, Brixton, Harlesden, Ladbroke Grove, Peckham, Acton, Hackney aren't checking for J Cole

If u walked down Brixton high road u will see atleast 10 people just randomley walking around bumping a Mavado song (i know he is Dancehall) but if u wanna use a rapper then lets say Max B but won't see anyone bumping a J Cole song. So my friends would more than anything laugh at how different peoples taste on the IC is to the real world
  • usmarin3
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    J Cole suffers from the same problem as Slaughterhouse, Nas, Cannibus, Jay Electronica, Immortal Technique etc

Not every rapper can make good songs or write good songs. J Cole can spit bars but his song making ability is a weakness he can't craft songs imo

Nas none writing ass has managed to do something Eminem has eluded to do, make a 5 mic album. Multiple at that.

Nas has done something Eminem has fail to do, make music that ages well.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

The only similarities between all those rappers is the fact that they're lyrical.
  • GunTown
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

The only similarities between all those rappers is the fact that they're lyrical.

We have a different definition of lyrical

But the similarities between all of them is their lack of song writting ability, lack of hook writting ability, poor beat selection, lack of charisma, lack of diversity. All their biggest strengths being Flow
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is not an Eminem thread..
  • 5th Letter
    Options

But the similarities between all of them is their lack of song writting ability, lack of hook writting ability, poor beat selection, lack of charisma, lack of diversity. All their biggest strengths being Flow

By what meteoric do you judge all that by?
  • GunTown
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    this is not an Eminem thread..

• GunTown
    Options

My ears
  • 5th Letter
    Options

My ears

Cool so that means that music is subjective? Can I lock this thread now?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Born sinner was a decent album so was cole world.
  • GunTown
    Options

My ears

It got hella trolled u could but we here to debate if everyone had the same opinion there would be no purpose for boards

No 1 can blame me people like Just Might B Ok trolled
  • GunTown
    Options

My ears

It got hella trolled u could but we here to debate if everyone had the same opinion there would be no purpose for boards

• IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Just lock this wack thread
  • GunTown
    edited March 2014
    Options
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never heard anyone off the ic say he's boring... Smh.. Even my sister (who likes none of the music I listen to other than Ross ) loves j Cole.. This is literally the only time I hear that dude is boring
  • 5th Letter
    Options

My ears

This thread is bad Shady. All you do is post with agendas. What exactly do you want to "debate"?
  • GunTown
    Options

My ears

This thread is bad Shady. All you do is post with agendas. What exactly do you want to "debate"?

Wether J Cole can make music that by general consensus is considered entertaining

And what he can do to achieve this perhaps people can suggest what Producers he shoiuld have produce, what topics he could rap about, what type of flow he should use, who he should collab with

• usmarin3
    Options
    I threw out my copy of Relapse out with the garbage when I bought it, the garbage man took the cd and left the garbage behind.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

My ears

Wether J Cole can make music that by general consensus is considered entertaining

And what he can do to achieve this perhaps people can suggest what Producers he shoiuld have produce, what topics he could rap about, what type of flow he should use, who he should collab with

And what did I say a few pages back? Music is subjective. To expound on that, YOU may think Cole's music is boring. But I don't think it's boring. Btw there is no general consensus that thinks Cole is "boring" I don't know where you got that from.
  • GunTown
    Options

My ears

And what did I say a few pages back? Music is subjective. To expound on that, YOU may think Cole's music is boring. But I don't think it's boring. Btw there is no general consensus that thinks Cole is "boring" I don't know where you got that from.

On the Ic like around 2011 hella posters were saying this

• IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Jamel axe this ugly ?