Do u think J Cole will ever lose the 'boring' tag?

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    J Cole suffers from the same problem as Slaughterhouse, Nas, Cannibus, Jay Electronica, Immortal Technique etc

Not every rapper can make good songs or write good songs. J Cole can spit bars but his song making ability is a weakness he can't craft songs imo
    The only similarities between all those rappers is the fact that they're lyrical.

We have a different definition of lyrical

But the similarities between all of them is their lack of song writting ability, lack of hook writting ability, poor beat selection, lack of charisma, lack of diversity. All their biggest strengths being Flow

By what meteoric do you judge all that by?

My ears

Cool so that means that music is subjective? Can I lock this thread now?

It got hella trolled u could but we here to debate if everyone had the same opinion there would be no purpose for boards

No 1 can blame me people like Just Might B Ok trolled

This thread is bad Shady. All you do is post with agendas. What exactly do you want to "debate"?

Wether J Cole can make music that by general consensus is considered entertaining

And what he can do to achieve this perhaps people can suggest what Producers he shoiuld have produce, what topics he could rap about, what type of flow he should use, who he should collab with

And what did I say a few pages back? Music is subjective. To expound on that, YOU may think Cole's music is boring. But I don't think it's boring. Btw there is no general consensus that thinks Cole is "boring" I don't know where you got that from.

On the Ic like around 2011 hella posters were saying this

But now you're contradicting yourself. I thought the IC's opinion on rappers don't count? Only people from the "real world" matters? So make up your mind.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This n#gga aint Kriss Kross!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No he will not. Charisma is something you have or you don't. He doesn't have it and for the record I respect his music (wouldn't buy it either)
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No he will not. Charisma is something you have or you don't. He doesn't have it and for the record I respect his music (wouldn't buy it either)

Agree he lacks any charisma

If u lack charisma and u a rappidy rapper like J Cole u will always be considered boring

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard someone describe J Cole being like a B student and I can't say I disagree. He is a pretty good producer, pretty good rapper but he doesn't excel at anything. Plus he isn't as charismatic as his peers.

With that said I still ? with his music. Dude makes heartfelt music, I also feel like he has more room for improvement and upside than any of these new dudes.

I also think dude is too humble. Dude has no edge or cockiness to him, he would never do some ? like what Kendrick did saying he is the best. J Cole seems happy to just be in rap.
  • GunTown
    Options
    J Cole will go down as the worst Producer ever

Is it a coincidence no rappers go to J Cole to buy beats? nope no rappers wanna buy his beats because his production is so terrible

Also people from the streets and struggle can't relate to his music u can't blame him for rapping about what he knows which is college, growing up in a trailer, pandering to women etc but it's not things people from the struggle can relate to
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we gone act like I didn't make this thread just the other week and it got locked?
  • GunTown
    Options
    MoneyLuver wrote: »
    So we gone act like I didn't make this thread just the other week and it got locked?

It's because there is so many stans in here if u don't like J Coles music people cry and expect u to like him just because they do which is lame
  • MoneyLuver
    MoneyLuver Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are sheep. Its rare that u find anybody that really has a mind of their own. And that's not to be mixed up with crazy for unique.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@GunTown‌ has a free pass around these parts....you ain't get the memo???
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it a coincidence no rappers go to J Cole to buy beats? nope no rappers wanna buy his beats because his production is so terrible

Also people from the streets and struggle can't relate to his music u can't blame him for rapping about what he knows which is college, growing up in a trailer, pandering to women etc but it's not things people from the struggle can relate to

I like the things you point to as a detriment. "He went to college"

Oh ? forbid the man got an education!
  • GunTown
    Options
    People are sheep. Its rare that u find anybody that really has a mind of their own. And that's not to be mixed up with crazy for unique.

That's real talk try telling that to these stans tho lol
  • GunTown
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

It's good he got an education but it's not something people from the hood can relate to as alot of us can't afford to go college
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

Pay no attention to this third world caste system ? , she has no concept of education or indoor plumbing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GunTown
    edited March 2014
    Options

That's real talk try telling that to these stans tho lol

you rage against the machine while doing its bidding at the same damn time.

you are a bigger sheep than anyone here.

you are an idolater...

you are a celebrate american excess and have the audacity to call anyone a herded mammal?

yes... pump your fist.. and damn the man while giving him YOUR money to advertise his logo....

stupid ass.

I listen to more U.K. rappers than American believe or not and more Jamaican artist than American

I don't like or support any American clothing brands besides True Religion and i buy that because i think it's quality and i work hard for my money

I don't like any American sports i like Football a European sport

I have never supported Rocawear even wen it was popular because i always thought it was wack regardless of others wearing it

Rappers i do support have a positive message in their music i dislike Jay Z's negative message
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While I agree that J Cole is an awkward ass, boring yellow ? whose music would put the average hip hop listener into a sleep induced coma, his production skills exceeds that white devil you praise so much.....while I have yet to hear of any rappers buying his ? , lets not forget that Eminem's wack ass was giving his Cathedral/Haunted House sounding beats for free....
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @guntown What if I were to tell you that the genre you're so desperate to be a part of doesn't even concern itself with people like you when the music is being made?

Be happy that you're across the pond and behind a keyboard because there isn't a single place in the U.S, where black people congregate and talk about hip-hop, that your opinions would hold any weight. You'd be laughed at and ostracized... If people even let you talk.

You'd be seeking refuge at the closest 7 Eleven.
  • GunTown
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    @guntown What if I were to tell you that the genre you're so desperate to be a part of doesn't even concern itself with people like you when the music is being made?

Be happy that you're across the pond and behind a keyboard because there isn't a single place in the U.S, where black people congregate and talk about hip-hop, that your opinions would hold any weight. You'd be laughed at and ostracized... If people even let you talk.

You'd be seeking refuge at the closest 7 Eleven.

People like u cause division between ethnic minorities
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    A bit unrefined, a bit underachieving (can be seen as overachieving also), at times disappointing, forced, somewhat raw .. maybe. Boring... hell no.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what are these wack boring beats ya'll keep talking about ? cole is dope i ? with his beats. but seriously what are these boring wack beat having tracks ya'll speak of ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    what are these wack boring beats ya'll keep talking about ? cole is dope i ? with his beats. but seriously what are these boring wack beat having tracks ya'll speak of ?

I guess if you're not "TURNT UP!!!!11" then you're "boring".
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess having to actually pay attention to lyrics these days= boring
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? aggy LMAO.

Common is one of my favorite artists. He's never turnt, I can listen to him all day...J. Cole just dont have "it"...