That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »

S.T.E.A.M. was just announced. & will be on treehouse tomorrow

That game sounds so much like Valkyria Chronicles. Not that that's a bad thing. VC was an awesome series on PSP. Treehouse crew goes on the air in less than 2 hours and I'm assuming this will be the first game they cover today since they promised to go "deep into it" when they were signing off last night.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Oh and after E3 Nintendo needs to just allow their Treehouse fam to present all their games going forward on their youtube/twitch channels. Every single one of those people are likable and all for different reasons. It's refreshing to see genuinely passionate people who actually know what they're talking about host these type of showcases instead of the typical phonies we're usually stuck with like Geoff Keighley.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, TreeHouse has consumed my E3. Everyone has done a good job of putting up footage, but Nintendo's format is just so much better. Before E3, they even pushed a Wii U update through that turns the gamepad on by itself, not the whole system though, to alert you about new games, videos, discounts...whatever. Like, "yo, ? ...you need to see this" lol.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Microsoft and Sony will definitely swagger jack this format next year. Nintendo couldn't ask for better promotion then allowing the gameplay of these games to speak for themselves. @brown321 and myself aren't the only ones being sold on games we didn't even plan on playing through this format. You're seeing it all over the net especially at NeoGAF.

The question will then be will their people come across as genuine as Nintendo's Treehouse stafff? or will they just seem ignorant & disingenuous like damn near every so called "games journalist" like Pachter and Keighley do?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Fantasy Life soundtrack purchase confirmed. This is ? tier music.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion You about that race life or nah?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, about time they made MK challenging.

Got me ready to throw the Wii Pad at my TV.
  • Broddie
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Uhhh MK games have always been challenging.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Time to get your hopes up, Metroid fans. The series no-showed E3, but you might be heartened by what the men overseeing Nintendo's game development had to say about it. P

Cutting to the chase, they say they're talking internally about what to do about the series and that they'd like to talk about what's next for Metroid—for fans of the 2D games and the first-person Prime games—in "the near future." P

You might think this is mostly obvious, but Metroid, as Nintendo franchises go, seems to have faded from being in active sequel rotation. A new Mario might be about as certain as a new sunrise, but a new Metroid game hasn't brightened anyone's day since 2010. There hasn't been a 2D Metroid since 2004. 12P

The following is the conversation I just had about the series with Shigeru Miyamoto, who runs Nintendo's EAD development group, and Shinya Takahashi, who runs Nintendo's SPD group which oversees everything from Smash Bros. to the new Amiibo project to...that series with the female bounty hunter who can roll into a ball.P

This was part of a longer interview covering other Nintendo topics that I'll be sharing in the coming days. The questions were asked in English; the answers delivered in Japanese.

Stephen Totilo, Kotaku: I can't ask you what's going on with Pikmin, because you've answered that for the last couple of years in a row. I can't ask you what's going on with Star Fox, because you answered that this year. So... what is going on with Metroid?P

[everyone laughs]3P

Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo: The original creators of Metroid and the director who was the director of the Metroid Prime games who worked under me when I was producing those both now work for Mr. Takahashi, so you'll have to ask him.P

Shinya Takahashi, Nintendo: So it has been a while since we released the last one and we're having discussions internally about what we can do next. So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we'll be able to share something about them.

Bill Trinen, Nintendo — who had been translating for our interview: Mr. Miyamoto was prompting him to say, 'Which of these two styles do you like best?'P

Totilo: It's been so long that I miss both of them. They're both great, but it's been a long time. The [2D] Metroid people don't really make them much anymore. The only one like that recently was a Batman game made for the 3DS and the Vita that was created by some guys who used to be at Retro. So I miss that style of game. As for Metroid Prime, nobody at all makes anything like that. So in other words, if you don't do it, no one will.P

Miyamoto: This falls into your question before of remaking the same franchises.P

Totilo: I'll get back to that in a second, but which of the two styles do you guys like better? The 2D or Metroid Prime?P

Takahashi: I like them both. They both have a different style of appeal.P

Miyamoto: I have the New Super Mario Bros. series [for 2D], so I like Prime. I think there's still a lot of new things that could be done with the Prime series.

SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-planning-a-future-for-both-2d-and-3d-metroi-1590142491

ac-slater-o.gif
  • VIBE
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Nah, they've always been fairly easy.

This one makes me mad as ? .

? THAT SQUID INK!!!
  • VIBE
    Options
    Never made me mad before like this one does..
  • Broddie
    Options

Nah, they've always been fairly easy.

This one makes me mad as ? .

? THAT SQUID INK!!!

If you really believe that then you've been playing them wrong.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I think MK has always been challenging, mainly because it was always anybody's game until the very end.

The difference with MK8 is, there's very little room for error. Once you fall back in the rat race it's very difficult to get back to the front.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Playing them wrong?

How do you play a racing game 'wrong'?

I unlocked everything and got 3 stars on 150cc for Mario Kart Wii.

I would be in first forever.

Blue shells? Red shells? No problem, I was ahead by miles.

Too easy.

This one, not so much. I'm getting 1st - 4th overall most of the time but I can't even 2 star these ? .

Only have gotten one two star and one one star.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Play them against actual people and not single player. Playing multiplayer games in a single player scope is playing them wrong cause you're not getting the full experience.
  • Broddie
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6IfLRh5cMY

14:20 is straight up diabolical lmao

This game is gonna be great.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Oh I never ? w that all that much.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I was going to by MK with my paycheck today, so after work I pick up my chick we go to the target and I'm heading to the electronics section she sees me and she has that suspicious look like what you doing. I'm like getting Mario kart she's has a sad face. I'm like what's up she's like I got you that for Father's Day!!! :D I got my gift early bout to play this bishhhh
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting a Wii U for the Bayonetta bundle, Xenoblade, and Smash.
    Everything else can kick rocks.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6IfLRh5cMY

14:20 is straight up diabolical lmao

This game is gonna be great.

I could beat both those stages...... they weren't focused. But I know I could have beaten them.

I mean so can I. SMB is a game of patience and problem solving.

I've been playing Super Mario Bros. for 26 years, I'm a veteran player of the game. To the point that I completely saw the jump secret in the game before Morgan (Treehouse guys that build the course) even pointed out. Still doesn't mean there won't be ways to really challenge myself either and those courses definitely looked challenging. Even the guy who created the famous mario music and worked on the first 3 games was stumped at points.

My imagination is vast enough to cook up courses just a brutal and I can't wait to do that and not just play through them myself but have other people try to play through them. The variety of puzzle course building already on display in this very early build of the game tells me that they're going to go HAM with the final product.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Bayonetta 2 gameplay vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAHup4CXF9E

^ my mind was blown when they revealed that was just the prologue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3r1yvNTc6c

^ that last boss fight! and the mech suit ? !

Platinum didn't slack on the Wii U port of the original either. I love that every costume affects gameplay (Samus suit allows for arm cannon defense, Link suit allows for Master Sword defense Link stle etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq3Z7MoMSs4

This fall is going to be amazing.
  • Broddie
    Options
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^That is my most hyped game. The first one was so good.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    38 people in total playing COD Ghosts online for Wii U
  • Broddie
    Options
    lol a shocker to no one that the brodude audience doesn't care about Nintendo hardware and most people with Nintendo hardware don't give a ? about brodude games.

Here's one shooter that's bound to have more than 38 Wii U owners online at a time though. Just going by the amount of fan art already out there for it this could end up becoming one of their biggest IP's.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837761

SarcasticEagerEland.gif

mTmc1ND.gif

94a1c53e08.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxcLLFbmJHE