That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    1 more hour till they start dropping bombs.

oprah-hold-me-back.gif?w=1024&h=600

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since Iwata is sick will Reggie host the Nintendo Direct/Digital Event?
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coulda been recorded last week.

It looks lke Star fox is going to be an episodic game. As long as they aren't taxing I'm buying all of them
  • Broddie
    Options
    He was sick last week though.
  • focus
    Options
    One minute in, already the most entertaining conference.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    October 3rd is not summer
  • brown321
    Options
    If Zelda plays as good as it looks, it's going to be goat. That & Xenoblade X means 2015 is going to be a dope year for Nintendo.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The message has been imagination and innovation >>>>

and they're still not done at E3.
  • focus
    Options
    They have shown some great uses for the Gamepad, but I'm honestly not seeing the point of Amiibo...atleast not the point of its Smash implementation.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    amiibo is more for the kids. It's just their way of cashing in on the NFC craze. For Smash Bros. even though the figures represent members of the roster the implementation in terms of how the AI evolves is different. It's just a way to make things more customizable really.
  • brown321
    edited June 2014
    Options
    X is on treehouse right now. Can't wait

Edit: Ok that was damn good. the scale of the game is so crazy.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This treehouse thing is ingenious. In depth gameplay of Captain Toad and Xenoblade Chronicles X and now Hyrule Warriors. They are letting the games sell themselves. Every other stream is irrelevant to me right now.
  • brown321
    Options
    Yep. Sony & Microsoft need to steal this next year.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Ok this game is officially a day one cop. Majora's Mask moon fatality, jesus christ!
  • Broddie
    Options
    lmfao he lost.

Aonuma in the house.
  • brown321
    Options
    They just sold me on Hyrule Warriors.
    Hookshotting the moon to ? a dragon? ? right
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    I also have wanted a power-up that would swap out your power-up w another players.

Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart DS had this.

Never played MKDS but 64? Damn, it been a long ass time, I don't even remember that
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Open world Zelda is cool and all but gottdamnit son, I was hoping for the techdemo artstyle instead of this....but yeah to early to judge but it looks like theyre going for the bright colour patterns(like the a link to the past remake).

so yeah wasnt impressed with the Zelda trailer at all.

but yeah Nintendo is going in this e3.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I thought it looked way better than that overrated tech demo with all it's jaggies and unfinished textures. That ? looked straight up vibrant, lush and beautiful. It exceeded my expectations. Also A Link Between Worlds is far from a remake. It's a completely brand new game set in the world from LTTP which makes it a sequel and it's superior to the last couple of 3D Zeldas tbqh. One thing I'm glad they're keeping from that is the free roaming vibe of exploring a dangerous world at your own leisure also like the NES Zelda joints. I thought that was very refreshing departure from the linear style of every game after LTTP.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Yeah I prefer the more darker, sinister style if you will of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, my favourite Zelda games...@broddie. Tech demo seemed to follow their style more.

to me its the other way around, after open world games like oblivion/skyrim(which really set the bar high) and the upcoming the witcher 3, a linair zelda game is something I would look forward to(One of the reaspns I loved Darksiders). New Zelda being open world is cool though.

new "Green arrow" teen link from the trailer, nah Im not really hyped, gonna be on the fence for this one.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I have done nothing but followed Nintendo's treehouse stream all day yesterday and most of today. I have 0 clue what Sony, MS and third parties are doing and I frankly don't care. The in depth gameplay has even sold me on titles I didn't plan on getting (Ie: Affordable Space Adventures). If anything Nintendo's E3 format has just convinced me that I could hold off on the Xbox One till 2015 because Wii U and 3DS pretty much have everything I need for the rest of the year. They changed the game with this ? .
  • brown321
    Options
    Same thing for me. They've convinced me to buy a bunch of games I wasnt checking for with this.
    Hyrule,that ink game, Pushmo, Shovel Knight, & Bayonetta all got +1 sale because of this show.

& S.T.E.A.M. was just announced. & will be on treehouse tomorrow
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copped MK8.. I suck.. Gotta get used to this ?
  • Broddie
    Options
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Goron mountains fam!