That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I also have wanted a power-up that would swap out your power-up w another players.

Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart DS had this.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    I also have wanted a power-up that would swap out your power-up w another players.

Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart DS had this.

Super as well
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Forgot I mod here. Ive been having so much fun with my emulators including my wii dolphin one, that Ive completely stopped ? with next gen systems.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wii U Mario bundle is on sale for 250 on ebay. I'm tempted to buy it but I'll wait to see what they'll announce at E3 just in case a price drop or new model will come out.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im going to be talking so much ? in the lobby of Mario Kart 8 lol. You ? better prepare to lose. No one can see me in Kart.
  • afro thunder
    Options
    Found a Wii U for cheap so I finally got one. First Nintendo console since the SNES. Will be getting Mario Kart 8 tomorrow.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got Mario Kart. ? is beautiful. Send them friend codes
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spent all night playing Mario Kart 8 over at my friend's house last night.
  • focus
    Options
    Downloaded last night, been playing all day.
  • afro thunder
    Options
    The only complaint I have is you have to look down at the controller to see the mini map. They should've given us the option to leave it on the screen.
  • focus
    Options
    Game looks amazing.

Best randomly Jazz video game soundtrack since Marvel vs Capcom 2. Dat Dolphin Shoals.

Seems like they really wanted to balance this compared to the all out insanity that was Mario Kart Wii. Its all about skillful driving, defense and maintaining your speed. ? like green shells and banana peels matter more now than they have since the SNES. Items are helpful, but nothing will automatically bring you back, especially since you can only hold one at time now.

Its looks great, but I don't like how they shortened the N64 Rainbow Road course, and I don't like the new Rainbow Road either. Its has some cool turns, but not epic enough. Gotta play more, but favorite new course right now is Thwomp Ruins. I'm terrible on Sweet Sweet Canyon.

• CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Played this ? all day. Too bad it's not the N64 version and everyone is good at it. Should be dope when the hoes come over too.

When I get the time I'm gonna violate the online play. Nintendo need to ? that friendcode ? though
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Played this ? all day. Too bad it's not the N64 version and everyone is good at it. Should be dope when the hoes come over too.

When I get the time I'm gonna violate the online play. Nintendo need to ? that friendcode ? though

Friend codes been out the door tho
  • focus
    Options
    Customization is so important. You can lose a match before it even begins.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    150 cc i s killin me. This one is way harder than any of the other's I've played

What set ups are you using?
  • focus
    edited June 2014
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    150 cc i s killin me. This one is way harder than any of the other's I've played

What set ups are you using?

Main setup right now is...

Ludwig [M] or Waluigi [H] > Sport Bike > Crimson Slim > Bowser Kite or Super Glider

I mainly stick to the bikes. If I use a cart, its the Biddybuggy. I think I still have a bunch to unlock though. I can manage online with what I have now though, were as before it was impossible to keep up no matter what.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Can't lie these ? online are killin' me. I'm finishin' mostly between 3rd and 7th. couple 1st and 8th places here and there. ? came out Friday and I'm already seein' ? with 2500 points
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't lie these ? online are killin' me. I'm finishin' mostly between 3rd and 7th. couple 1st and 8th places here and there. ? came out Friday and I'm already seein' ? with 2500 points

Them japanese ? have no chill. Them ? be on some other ? when it comes to mario kart.
  • focus
    Options
  • Broddie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mario Kart TV was an ingenious idea. That ? has every gaming forum and website going nuts. It's like ? just forgot about Watch Dogs.

MKTV even spawned a new meme on NeoGAF; Luigi not giving any ? like in focus' sig

ibfEYRm2MIV9aq.gif

HomelyCluelessBat.gif

luigi04fxskv.gif
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Mario Kart TV was an ingenious idea. That ? has every gaming forum and website going nuts. It's like ? just forgot about Watch Dogs.

havent touched watch dogs since ive had this ?
  • focus
    Options
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those luigi vids and gifs are hilarious man

havent got the game yet, still waiting on the supplier out heeere.

enjoy comrades
  • Broddie
    Options
    Nintendo goes “Live @ E3” next week with four big events that deliver real-time fun directly to fans. Get ready to enjoy the year’s biggest video game convention live from anywhere in the world.

On June 10, Nintendo will air the Nintendo Digital Event at 9 a.m. PT via http://e3.nintendo.com. Fans will enjoy breaking news about great gaming experiences on the way for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in 2014 and beyond.

Immediately following the Digital Event, Nintendo Minute: Live @ E3 offers a post-show recap packed with even more game information.

Later in the day on June 10, Nintendo will broadcast the Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament. Super Smash Bros. fans can tune in to watch 16 highly skilled players compete in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The event starts at 4 p.m. PT with live-stream viewing on Nintendo’s Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo.

Finally, fans won’t want to miss Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3. During all hours of E3 on Nintendo’s Twitch channel (excluding the Super Smash Bros. Invitational event), members of Nintendo’s Treehouse will be live-streaming exclusive game demos from the Nintendo booth on the show floor. In addition to demos, Nintendo will deliver the latest game reveals, plus visits from developers like Shigeru Miyamoto. The unscripted three-day event will air June 10-12, providing an insider’s look at the Nintendo experience at E3, filled with surprises and unexpected moments.

I hope they stream live on their youtube channel as well this time.