Barack Obama: Has he done all he can for Black people in America?

Options

Comments

• Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    Options
    Yes. Even with congress roadblocking him
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    ill take that as an admission of forming all your opinions based on ignorant stereotypes, with no ability to defend your position any further. its been a pleasure. ? bless, my brother.

I don't think his opinion on the success of Eric Holder (he actually showed facts so i guess it's a bit more then opinion) has anything to do with stereotypes. You kinda derailed the thread ? .

Lol my first comment was relevant, first one to him relevant to what he said, then ? got off topic when i got called a ? . I'll take the blame though, I knew someone who's opinion of Obama was "good because some white people think he's bad" would be sensitive to being compared to racists. As intuitive as it seems like that would be. Lol.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. He's just another puppetized ? .
    @Darxwell‌
    "Eric Holder gave Cartels guns to ? each other off? GOOD. ? them. What's your next point?"

Those SAME GUN RUNNING TACTICS Eric Holder is using are running guns into Chicago used to ? off thousands of young Black men YOU ? HOUSENIGGER ? YOU!!! KILLYOURSELF BUT ? YOUR MAMA FIRST BECUZ THAT ? RAISED ONE IGNORANT BACKWARDS ASS ? ? ? .

@kngblaze84 how you even tolerate such ignorant ? round here mane!!!???
    @Mainstream_rap_sucks you gotta excuse the halfwit ? of the Black community, all they know is Chicken and Church. please understand.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO........I think there's gonna be some epic responses coming up....

**microwaves popcorn, eats**
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been pretty satisfied with President Obama. My only regret is that he hasn't done more on energy policy but there is still time yet or maybe the kinds of change we need will be left for the next president.

Healthcare - This is a remarkable achievement that will be forever tied to President Obama, so much so hardly anyone knows it by its true name, the Affordable Care Act

Leaving Iraq: When Iraq wanted to stick stipulations on us staying in country, the President rightfully said thanks but no thanks and we left. I hope that soon will be the same with Afghanistan.

Appointing two Capable Supreme Court Justices. Sonia Sotomayor & Elena Kagan. Nice job, maybe he will get another.

Osama Bin Laden: We Got'Em, nice Job President for making a gutsy call and allowing the very capable military to carry out a very risky operation. That same called doomed President Carter when it failed.

Helping to get the Economic Recovery Going with the stimulus package with a congress full of haters. Not an easy job.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Leaving Iraq: When Iraq wanted to stick stipulations on us staying in country, the President rightfully said thanks but no thanks and we left. I hope that soon will be the same with Afghanistan.
    but let's be fair: leaving Iraq was basically signed off on under Bush II, with Obama claiming credit. Afghanistan is the one he'll own.
    Appointing two Capable Supreme Court Justices. Sonia Sotomayor & Elena Kagan. Nice job, maybe he will get another.
    ? these skanks for reasons touched on above

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    but let's be fair: leaving Iraq was basically signed off on under Bush II, with Obama claiming credit. Afghanistan is the one he'll own.

He signed off on leaving but not entirely. I'm sure he wanted to leave some soldiers there and we don't know what his decision would have been in terms of a full withdrawal. Also, that decision doesn't negate the fact that he foolishly and recklessly went in, in the first place
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    ? these skanks for reasons touched on above

I was referring to this Janks.

At the end of the Bush administration, when the Status of Forces Agreement, or SOFA, was negotiated, setting 2011 as the end of the United States’ military role, officials had said the deadline was set for political reasons, to put a symbolic end to the occupation and establish Iraq’s sovereignty. But there was an understanding, a senior official here said, that a sizable American force would stay in Iraq beyond that date.

Over the last year, in late-night meetings at the fortified compound of the Iraqi president, Jalal Talabani, and in videoconferences between Baghdad and Washington, American and Iraqi negotiators had struggled to reach an agreement. All the while, both Mr. Obama and the Iraqi prime minister, Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, gave the world a wink and nod, always saying that Iraq was ready to stand on its own but never fully closing the door on the possibility of American troops’ staying on.

Through the summer, American officials continued to assume that the agreement would be amended, and Mr. Obama was willing to support a continued military presence. In June, diplomats and Iraqi officials said that Mr. Obama had told Mr. Maliki that he was prepared to leave up to 10,000 soldiers to continue training and equipping the Iraqi security forces. Mr. Maliki agreed, but said he needed time to line up political allies.

With the collapse of discussions about extending the stay of U.S. troops, President Obama announced the full withdrawal of troops from Iraq, as previously scheduled, on 21 October 2011

---

? those skanks? Now I know they aren't moderators of a sub-forum on a popular internet site but they are actually very bright with some very serious credentials to their record :)

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell 'em Al....!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m5bmVgxGc0
  • twatgetta
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I have been pretty satisfied with President Obama. My only regret is that he hasn't done more on energy policy but there is still time yet or maybe the kinds of change we need will be left for the next president.

1. Healthcare - This is a remarkable achievement that will be forever tied to President Obama, so much so hardly anyone knows it by its true name, the Affordable Care Act
    >>>Your Grandparents will have to die so that YOU and your kids can afford Healthcare. Let's hope they are healthy as horse now so you don't have to worry..mmmk?

2. Leaving Iraq: When Iraq wanted to stick stipulations on us staying in country, the President rightfully said thanks but no thanks and we left. I hope that soon will be the same with Afghanistan.
    >>>> Haha If Obama hadn't pulled out it would have been his Political un-doing. but best believe he wanted to stay there..War on Terror remember? Obama is still down with Bush on that one.

3. Appointing two Capable Supreme Court Justices. Sonia Sotomayor & Elena Kagan. Nice job, maybe he will get another.
    >>>>2 of the most wicked Liberal ? ever appointed. Too bad you haven't studied their decisions over the last decade to understand this.

4. Osama Bin Laden: We Got'Em, nice Job President for making a gutsy call and allowing the very capable military to carry out a very risky operation. That same called doomed President Carter when it failed.
    >>>>You watchin' too much MSNBC..Bin Laden Been Dead...some time now. long before Seal Team 6 went in. and how ironic that every single member of Seal Team 6 is DEAD AS A HAMMER...coincidence? nah..

5. Helping to get the Economic Recovery Going with the stimulus package with a congress full of haters. Not an easy job. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.
    >>> check your check stub again Rembrandt, match it to one you got in 2006 when Bush was in office. Guarantee you took home more money then than now.

Point by point you failed to understand what's really happening. Sadly over 85% of people in America think like you do..therefore, America is doomed.

@DarthSidious
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »

1. Healthcare - This is a remarkable achievement that will be forever tied to President Obama, so much so hardly anyone knows it by its true name, the Affordable Care Act
    >>>Your Grandparents will have to die so that YOU and your kids can afford Healthcare. Let's hope they are healthy as horse now so you don't have to worry..mmmk?

2. Leaving Iraq: When Iraq wanted to stick stipulations on us staying in country, the President rightfully said thanks but no thanks and we left. I hope that soon will be the same with Afghanistan.
    >>>> Haha If Obama hadn't pulled out it would have been his Political un-doing. but best believe he wanted to stay there..War on Terror remember? Obama is still down with Bush on that one.

3. Appointing two Capable Supreme Court Justices. Sonia Sotomayor & Elena Kagan. Nice job, maybe he will get another.
    >>>>2 of the most wicked Liberal ? ever appointed. Too bad you haven't studied their decisions over the last decade to understand this.

4. Osama Bin Laden: We Got'Em, nice Job President for making a gutsy call and allowing the very capable military to carry out a very risky operation. That same called doomed President Carter when it failed.
    >>>>You watchin' too much MSNBC..Bin Laden Been Dead...some time now. long before Seal Team 6 went in. and how ironic that every single member of Seal Team 6 is DEAD AS A HAMMER...coincidence? nah..

5. Helping to get the Economic Recovery Going with the stimulus package with a congress full of haters. Not an easy job. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.
    >>> check your check stub again Rembrandt, match it to one you got in 2006 when Bush was in office. Guarantee you took home more money then than now.

Point by point you failed to understand what's really happening. Sadly over 85% of people in America think like you do..therefore, America is doomed.

@DarthSidious

i feel like you decided obamas decisions are bad and worked backwards from that. there are SOME things he deserves credit for. ACA being one of them in my opinion. bin laden, not at all. everything else, kinda.
  • Darth Sidious
    Options
    Sorry @twatgetta, we are going to have to agree to disagree.

I am probably not the best person to try the 'Obama has been horrible for the country' spiel. I am making quite a bit more than I did in 2008 and prior, my retirement plan is burgeoning thanks to the stock market going gang busters and I was able to refinance my home at an unbelievable rate on a 15 year mtg maybe a year and a half ago.

My question to you..

Are you getting more ? than you did in 2008 or less ? ? lol

• janklow
    Options
    Through the summer, American officials continued to assume that the agreement would be amended, and Mr. Obama was willing to support a continued military presence. In June, diplomats and Iraqi officials said that Mr. Obama had told Mr. Maliki that he was prepared to leave up to 10,000 soldiers to continue training and equipping the Iraqi security forces. Mr. Maliki agreed, but said he needed time to line up political allies.

With the collapse of discussions about extending the stay of U.S. troops, President Obama announced the full withdrawal of troops from Iraq, as previously scheduled, on 21 October 2011
    just going to point out the following:

01. "as previously scheduled"
    02. "Obama was willing to support a continued military presence"

adds up to me not being impressed
    ? those skanks? Now I know they aren't moderators of a sub-forum on a popular internet site but they are actually very bright with some very serious credentials to their record :)
    all those who take erroneous and asinine positions on the single issue i care about can get ? . see also: those skanks

• janklow
    Options
    He signed off on leaving but not entirely. I'm sure he wanted to leave some soldiers there-
    oh, i would agree with that, but it still is what it is.
    Also, that decision doesn't negate the fact that he foolishly and recklessly went in, in the first place
    which would be arguing that Obama didn't contribute further to a crazy mistake? ACCOMPLISHMENT AHOY

• Jabu_Rule
    Options
    He signed off on leaving but not entirely. I'm sure he wanted to leave some soldiers there-
    oh, i would agree with that, but it still is what it is.
    Also, that decision doesn't negate the fact that he foolishly and recklessly went in, in the first place
    which would be arguing that Obama didn't contribute further to a crazy mistake? ACCOMPLISHMENT AHOY

Once you're are in, you're committed. This is why they voted to fund the soldiers. Going in and creating the narrative in the first place had nothing to do with Obama.
  • janklow
    edited April 2014
    Options
    oh no, feelings because i called skanks skanks because they're wrong about something! anyway...
    Once you're are in, you're committed. This is why they voted to fund the soldiers. Going in and creating the narrative in the first place had nothing to do with Obama.
    reminder: in this thread, the topic is theoretically the accomplishments of Obama, not the mistakes of Bush. specifically, whether or not it's Obama's achievement to pull troops out of Iraq.

Bush sent them there, Bush signed off on them leaving, Obama didn't do anything to prevent them leaving. the error of the first might negate favor for the second, but it doesn't mean the third was a major achievement.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options
    oh no, feelings because i called skanks skanks because they're wrong about something! anyway...
    reminder: in this thread, the topic is theoretically the accomplishments of Obama, not the mistakes of Bush. specifically, whether or not it's Obama's achievement to pull troops out of Iraq.

Bush sent them there, Bush signed off on them leaving, Obama didn't do anything to prevent them leaving. the error of the first might negate favor for the second, but it doesn't mean the third was a major achievement.

Pretty much, Obama lied about Iraq anyway. He promised to get troops out of there within 6 months, and it took him 2 years to do so. As you said, on Bush's terms. Waiting that long to take American troops out didn't make a difference, Iraq is still a disaster of a country....
  • MygoDolodumare
    MygoDolodumare Members Posts: 1
    Options
    He did nothing good for black people or even for the average American in general. Like the Bush sr, the Clinton, the Bush jr before him, Obama is only the product of the establishment (elite, banks, army).
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He did nothing good for black people or even for the average American in general. Like the Bush sr, the Clinton, the Bush jr before him, Obama is only the product of the establishment (elite, banks, army).

welcome to the IC. Helluva first post lol

• kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Democrat Congressman from MASSACHUSETTS admits Democrats will lose the House and the Senate because of the UNaffordable Care Act...he says prices will rise for the UNaffordable Care Act year by year and taxes will have to go up again to pay for the high cost of the program smh.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TbwCU22xfiU

--Now remember the fines for not having insurance go higher and higher per year too
  • twatgetta
    Options
    Lustchyld wrote: »

welcome to the IC. Helluva first post lol

I bring out the best in the lurkers...lol @Lustchyld
  • twatgetta
    Options
    Democrat Congressman from MASSACHUSETTS admits Democrats will lose the House and the Senate because of the UNaffordable Care Act...he says prices will rise for the UNaffordable Care Act year by year and taxes will have to go up again to pay for the high cost of the program smh.....

--Now remember the fines for not having insurance go higher and higher per year too

It's the fine print everybody is missing. smdh
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options
    While Obama promises help for Ukraine and "financial assistance", and promises financial aid for Afghanistan all the damn time, his hometown of Chicago has turned into a warzone. They call it CHI-RAQ now.

45 PEOPLE WERE SHOT ON EASTER SUNDAY THERE. YES, on Easter Sunday. I'd rather not know how many of those were killed

The weekend before that, 37 people were shot

Poverty and lack of good jobs there are so prevalent there that people are shooting each other up every 5 seconds for good drug spots and getting rid of the competition. Think about all this next time America promises another country "financial assistance".

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-became-chiraq-094500160--politics.html

• kingblaze84
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »

It's the fine print everybody is missing. smdh

That fine print is only going to get bigger and bigger as the years roll along.....
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    While Obama promises help for Ukraine and "financial assistance", and promises financial aid for Afghanistan all the damn time, his hometown of Chicago has turned into a warzone. They call it CHI-RAQ now.

45 PEOPLE WERE SHOT ON EASTER SUNDAY THERE. YES, on Easter Sunday. I'd rather not know how many of those were killed

Poverty and lack of good jobs there are so prevalent there that people are shooting each other up every 5 seconds for good drug spots and getting rid of the competition. Think about all this next time America promises another country "financial assistance".

Feds Step In After 45 People Shot in Chicago Over Easter Weekend
    time.com/71446/chicago-gun-violence-easter-weekend-45-people-shot/
    In a Monday statement, a prosecutorial unit called the Violent Crimes section said it will put its full focus on how to use federal statutes to combat Chicago’s endemic gang and gun problem

• kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options

Feds Step In After 45 People Shot in Chicago Over Easter Weekend
    time.com/71446/chicago-gun-violence-easter-weekend-45-people-shot/
    In a Monday statement, a prosecutorial unit called the Violent Crimes section said it will put its full focus on how to use federal statutes to combat Chicago’s endemic gang and gun problem

That's a good start I guess, not optimistic they'll do anything though....I just hope they're not just gonna do standard gun bust operations and ? . The problem is way deeper then guns, as we all know Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country lol smh