Barack Obama: Has he done all he can for Black people in America?

Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. Even with congress roadblocking him
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    While Obama promises help for Ukraine and "financial assistance", and promises financial aid for Afghanistan all the damn time, his hometown of Chicago has turned into a warzone. They call it CHI-RAQ now.

45 PEOPLE WERE SHOT ON EASTER SUNDAY THERE. YES, on Easter Sunday. I'd rather not know how many of those were killed

The weekend before that, 37 people were shot

Poverty and lack of good jobs there are so prevalent there that people are shooting each other up every 5 seconds for good drug spots and getting rid of the competition. Think about all this next time America promises another country "financial assistance".

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-became-chiraq-094500160--politics.html

Feds Step In After 45 People Shot in Chicago Over Easter Weekend
    time.com/71446/chicago-gun-violence-easter-weekend-45-people-shot/
    In a Monday statement, a prosecutorial unit called the Violent Crimes section said it will put its full focus on how to use federal statutes to combat Chicago’s endemic gang and gun problem

That's a good start I guess, not optimistic they'll do anything though....I just hope they're not just gonna do standard gun bust operations and ? . The problem is way deeper then guns, as we all know Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country lol smh

I feel you. Everybody gotta play their part.

Kanye West and Common help create over 20,000 jobs for Chicago youth

http://www.nme.com/news/kanye-west/76822
    Common's Common Ground Foundation and West's Donda's House company have joined forces with local community organisation Chicago Urban League to help provide year-round opportunities for the city's youth, with an annual music festival set to be held as a fundraiser.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/kanye-west/76822#CAfwIdeRJU0KDY9C.99

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. He's just another puppetized ? .
    I applaud Kanye and Common trying to help out a horrible situation in Chicago's inner cities. More help is definitely needed though
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Mainstream_rap_sucks Members Posts: 210
    Options
    Still haven't seen anyone make a logical point on how a president can help a whole race. Just speculation that he hasn't done enough. The whole premise of this thread is racist, as it implies that the collective black community needs help from one of their own who reaches a position of power. Which implies that they aren't capable of accomplishing anything on their own. That self image is more detrimental than any kkk or illuminati. And I'll be called a racist for this post.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Still haven't seen anyone make a logical point on how a president can help a whole race. Just speculation that he hasn't done enough. The whole premise of this thread is racist, as it implies that the collective black community needs help from one of their own who reaches a position of power. Which implies that they aren't capable of accomplishing anything on their own. That self image is more detrimental than any kkk or illuminati. And I'll be called a racist for this post.

Every community ask the question of what a leader is doing for them. The Jewish community, the Catholic community, Asian association. There is always someone lobbying for better standing for their community. The argument is whether Obama has or hasn't, not that the African American community is weak for expecting fair treatment. SMH at you turning everything into blacks are weak. Now you gonna tell us that our expectations are worse then crackers hanging us from trees and some conspiracy organization. SMH.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nothing racist about it...but Here's a few things White Presidents have done for white folks:

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions
    4. Welfare Public AND Corporate
    5. the creation of the Republican Party

just to name a few. and if you disagree you're fulla ? .
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »

Nothing racist about it...but Here's a few things White Presidents have done for white folks:

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

The republican party who elected a president that freed the slaves. Affirmative action for white people? Once again, racist assumptions, like black people being unable to own corporations and benefit from bailouts of them.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    In a Monday statement, a prosecutorial unit called the Violent Crimes section said it will put its full focus on how to use federal statutes to combat Chicago’s endemic gang and gun problem
    but but but why is this necessary when the police in Chicago have been able to manipulate the statistics to show they've got murders at the lowest in 50 years?!

• Jabu_Rule
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    but but but why is this necessary when the police in Chicago have been able to manipulate the statistics to show they've got murders at the lowest in 50 years?!

It may have been statistically. Chicago has been gang land for a long time. It seems to be more of a recent spike where people are getting shot by such large numbers over the weekend. Still, those numbers include 45 shot, not killed. 8 died out of the 45.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options

It may have been statistically. Chicago has been gang land for a long time. It seems to be more of a recent spike where people are getting shot by such large numbers over the weekend. Still, those numbers include 45 shot, not killed. 8 died out of the 45.
    i'm really just being flip about the fact that this is the game they're running in Chicago right now; remember that they're claiming to have the lowest level of murders in 50 years blah blah blah. 8 people shot? that's not 8 shootings, that's 1 "shooting event."

moral of the story: don't make a scumbag your chief of police

• Jabu_Rule
    Options

i'm really just being flip about the fact that this is the game they're running in Chicago right now; remember that they're claiming to have the lowest level of murders in 50 years blah blah blah. 8 people shot? that's not 8 shootings, that's 1 "shooting event."

moral of the story: don't make a scumbag your chief of police

They said it was 45 people shot. Out of those, 8 died. I don't see how they are playing with words here.
  • twatgetta
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

The republican party who elected a president that freed the slaves. Affirmative action for white people? Once again, racist assumptions, like black people being unable to own corporations and benefit from bailouts of them.

Newsflash. the slaves ain't free... Tusla 1921 proved that. If we try to rise up, White America will attack us. that was the sign we AINT free. We more like POW's if you really wanna know the truth.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    @twatgetta so you gonna wack me for showing brothers helping out their hood? I don't get it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Obama's approval ratings are still horrible at 41 percent and because of the economy and the healthcare law, Republicans now hold the advantage to taking both the Senate and The House this November. People must be really ? off at the state of affairs in this country if Republicans are ready to take both houses of Congress..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/post-abc-news-poll-shows-democrats-at-risk-in-november-as-obamas-approval-rating-falls/2014/04/28/2a448b04-cf07-11e3-b812-0c92213941f4_story.html

Democrats face serious obstacles as they look to the November elections, with President Obama’s approval rating at a new low and a majority of voters saying they prefer a Congress in Republican hands to check the president’s agenda, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Obama’s approval rating fell to 41 percent, down from 46 percent through the first three months of the year and the lowest of his presidency in Post-ABC News polls. Just 42 percent approve of his handling of the economy, 37 percent approve of how he is handling the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and 34 percent approve of his handling of the situation involving Ukraine and Russia.
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    edited April 2014
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

Newsflash. the slaves ain't free... Tusla 1921 proved that. If we try to rise up, White America will attack us. that was the sign we AINT free. We more like POW's if you really wanna know the truth.

interesting point using an example from almost a century ago.

these POW's my people so proudly hold onto have the option to leave at any time they want, yet seem to prefer america to anywhere else.

so,, name something i am allowed to do that you are not allowed to do. since you are currently being held against your will and i am free as a bird at this very moment.
  • twatgetta
    edited April 2014
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

these POW's my people so proudly hold onto have the option to leave at any time they want, yet seem to prefer america to anywhere else.

so,, name something i am allowed to do that you are not allowed to do. since you are currently being held against your will and i am free as a bird at this very moment.

Brush up on history and understand that Empires rise and fall and in those empires, are people they have conquered to serve under them. America is no different. An Empire that's about to fall.

@Mainstream_rap_sucks
  • kingblaze84
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

Brush up on history and understand that Empires rise and fall and in those empires, are people they have conquered to serve under them. America is no different. An Empire that's about to fall.

America is definitely on the way down, I'd post up some links proving this but it's kinda depressing.....where would you move to if you had a choice?
  • twatgetta
    edited April 2014
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

America is definitely on the way down, I'd post up some links proving this but it's kinda depressing.....where would you move to if you had a choice?

As close to the Equator as I could get. I'm a Tropical ? ..lol..and post those links...these fools on IC could learn a thing or two...

@kingblaze84
  • kingblaze84
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

As close to the Equator as I could get. I'm a Tropical ? ..lol..and post those links...these fools on IC could learn a thing or two...

@kingblaze84

I'm a tropical ? too lol my parents are from the Caribbean....I'll post some of those links up soon enough, and then people will wonder why in the hell we are wasting money in Afghanistan and loan nations money we really don't have...
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865601984/Americas-middle-class-no-longer-worlds-richest.html

America's middle class no longer world's richest

The American middle class has been the wealthiest in the world for a long time, but no longer.

Middle-class Canadians, who earned much less than American counterparts in 2000, now appear to be making more than Americans, according to the New York Times. At the same time, poor people in Europe are making more than poor Americans.

The figures come from surveys conducted over the past 35 years by LIS, a group that maintains the Luxembourg Income Study Database and collects household income data from around the world. The results show that although growth in America has kept pace with other countries, very few Americans benefit from that growth.

The top 1 percent of households took home 22.5 percent of America's income in 2012, which is the most since 1928. Economist Thomas Piketty, author of the bestseller "Capital in the 21st Century," suggests that this income gap not seen since the Gilded Age might be a warning that the "rich will get richer, and everyone else will find it nearly impossible to catch up."

--With people now being forced to pay for expensive, high deductible health insurance and Obama and Congress continuing to waste money on never ending wars and bailing out big banks to the effect of 75 billion a month, expect worst stats in the future......
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't read the other pages, so this may have been said already.

He don't work for us, just a figurehead.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See why have a lot of naïve ignorant fools listening to Right Wing media
    Of course some you may believe the "War On Drugs" had absolutely no effect/affect on the Black Community

But Question:

Who the Hell y'all think the drug reforms law and policy are intended to help?

Obama Is Right on Clemency for Non-Violent Drug Offenders

http://reason.com/archives/2014/04/29/obama-is-right-on-clemency-for-non-viole

Last week, leading conservatives raised the alarm about yet another terrifying instance of "presidential lawlessness" from President Obama. What is it this time? New revelations of dragnet spying? Targeting more American citizens with flying robot assassins? Nope: He's going to let more nonviolent drug offenders out of prison.

On Wednesday, the Department of Justice announced new criteria for clemency petitions: they'll prioritize applications of "non-violent, low-level offenders" who would have received "a substantially lower sentence" under current law; have served at least 10 years; lack "a significant criminal history"; and "have no history of violence" before or during imprisonment.

"A gross abuse" of power, cries National Review's Andy McCarthy, "making a mockery of his core constitutional duty to execute the laws."

"This is lawlessness," Charles Krauthammer fumed on Fox News. "Why can't the president obey the Constitution?"

About that Constitution: Article II, section 2 gives the president "power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States."

"The benign prerogative of mercy," the Supreme Court has said, "is unlimited except in cases of impeachment" and "cannot be fettered by any legislative restrictions."

I've never before felt compelled to defend Obama on a sweeping use of executive power, but he's on firm legal ground here—and, as even Krauthammer admits, the president has a point on the merits.
    What Obama's drug law reforms will (and won't) do

http://theweek.com/article/index/248152/what-obamas-drug-law-reforms-will-and-wont-do

OBAMA'S POLICY CHANGES CAN:

1. Let judges give lighters sentences
    Last December, federal Judge Roger Vinson told The New York Times he regretted some of the sentences he was forced to hand down, like the life sentence without parole he says he had to give Stephanie George, a nonviolent mother of three, 15 years ago. Police found a lockbox with ? in George's attic that she says her ex-boyfriend put there without her knowledge; the ex, Michael Dickey, and his ? -dealing associates each got less than 15 years for testifying against George.

"The punishment is supposed to fit the crime, but when a legislative body says this is going to be the sentence no matter what other factors there are, that's draconian in every sense of the word," Vinson said. "Mandatory sentences breed injustice." Holder's rules should help free up judges to use their own discretion.

2. Reduce the feds' Drug War footprint
    A major goal of Holder's policy changes is to make sure federal law enforcement focuses on the biggest crimes and most dangerous criminals. And part of that push is leaving the less-serious crimes and criminals to state law enforcement.

This change should "partially reverse the trend of recent decades toward more federalization of criminal prosecutions and would shift dwindling federal resources toward the highest priorities," says Pete Williams at NBC News. Of course, states and local governments are facing their own tight budgets, and "may not welcome such a move."

3. Reduce the prison population
    Holder will note on Monday that the U.S. population has grown by about a third since 1980, while America's prison population has ballooned about 800 percent. At the federal level, a lot of that expansion is due to drug policy: Nearly half of the more than 219,000 federal inmates are serving time for drug-related crimes. And federal prisons aren't just full, they're operating at almost 40 percent above capacity.

It follows that fewer drug convictions will lead to fewer federal inmates.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI:

Before it's asked, or brought up
    This what FEDREAL powers he has as President. State and local are beyond his " jurisdiction" .

I've feeling many of you do not quite grasp this. Let alone the importance of voting in your local and state elections
    to see HOW THEY can do "all they can for black people"
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

@Mainstream_rap_sucks

i think america is past its prime as far as how rich it is in comparison with the rest of the world, but don't think it will reach third world country status in my lifetime.

but answer the question, since black people are so underpriveledged, name one thing a white person has the right to do that a black person does not have the right to do in modern america.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

@Mainstream_rap_sucks

i think america is past its prime as far as how rich it is in comparison with the rest of the world, but don't think it will reach third world country status in my lifetime.

but answer the question, since black people are so underpriveledged, name one thing a white person has the right to do that a black person does not have the right to do in modern america.

Be White.. It comes with incalculable amounts of privilege and favors.
  • Mainstream_rap_sucks
    Options

1. Affirmative Action
    2. Earned income credit
    3. Homestead exemptions

@Mainstream_rap_sucks

Be White.. It comes with incalculable amounts of privilege and favors.

give an example ? . i said "what are some examples" and you basically said "there are several examples" and didnt name a single one. you are delusional.