Gone Girl (2014) Ben Affleck, David Fincher

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First thing I said after I walked outta this movie was "bruh what the ? did I just watch?" That being said it was a damn good movie. Just when you thought you had ? figured out.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Fincher Fan So I Def Watched This Joint...Frankly I Was A Little Irritated That The Previews Were Somewhat Misleading...I Thought It Would Be A StraightForward Thriller Ala Zodiac (Super Slept On BTW) Which It Is Not...But It Did Contain That Type Of Feel Throughout Which Is Typical Of A DF Film...Great Flick Just Not What I Was Expecting
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    my mom wants to see this now because of all the hype it's been getting.

i'm not ready to relive this trauma...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zodiac was quite good and slept on but only problem is it was too long. .. audiences often don't have the patience for long ass movies except they're highly entertaining (Django Unchained)
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Zodiac was quite good and slept on but only problem is it was too long. .. audiences often don't have the patience for long ass movies except they're highly entertaining (Django Unchained)

Idk, both Gone Girl and Prisoners were both well over 2 hours but both felt like they went by in about an hour because of how well they built the suspense/tension whereas I saw This Is Where I Leave You which was a fairly decent dramedy but it felt like it drug on and on at the end and it was barely over 100 minutes long. Basically it all comes down to actually how good your movie was.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which movies is better Equalizer or Gone Girl i need to know before i spend my money real quick
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Zodiac is one of Fincher's best. Yeah it's long but for me it never really dragged (as much as I liked Django Unchained that definitely dragged). If an audience doesn't have the attention span for a film like that then ? them, send them to their nearest Michael Bay catastrophe.
  • texas409
    Options
    Man i watched this yesterday...mind blown. ? marriage too
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For a film where you know nothing will be resolved at the end (considering the case) zodiac was pretty immense.

Gets better every time you watch it.
  • rip.dilla
    Options

Zodiac is one of Fincher's best. Yeah it's long but for me it never really dragged (as much as I liked Django Unchained that definitely dragged). If an audience doesn't have the attention span for a film like that then ? them, send them to their nearest Michael Bay catastrophe.

LOL I agree with you on Django. Thought it was like 30 mins too long. Poor editing. The ending wasn't as great as the first hour and a half but on the IC that film is hailed as a masterpiece. ..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • texas409
    Options
    Put the ? down Jamel
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just seen the movie ... I gotta say i was disappointed

Felt the movies idea of coupledom and gender were bogus

It's stabs at modern culture and tv tabloid coverage were half hearted

The casting was weak and the characters were stereotypical... The couple who robbed Amy and Amy's parents immediately come to mind ...followed closely behind by Bens character the perfect boyfriend turned inattentive husband with a wondering ? after losing his dream job ... Desi was poorly casted

Too many plot holes

Failed as a murder mystery and a satire for me

Almost felt like a lifetime movie just with a big ass budget

• desertrain10
    Options
    Must say the game, zodiac, se7en are some of my favorite movies though
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Lol @‌ the no signs

For myself the most resonant movies on a particular topic present believable, complex, relatable characters doing plausible things ... It didn't do that

Beyond that the movie didn't deliver any insightful commentary in regards to marriage or relationships or on the media

And the ending felt lazy

Seriously what really was so great about the movie?

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @‌ the no signs

For myself the most resonant movies on a particular topic present believable, complex, relatable characters doing plausible things ... It didn't do that

Beyond that the movie didn't deliver any insightful commentary in regards to marriage or relationships or on the media

And the ending felt lazy

Well the movie ended pretty much the same way the book did and the author of the book wrote the screenplay.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    The film's plot had that 'mental illusion' about it . ..

From murder/missing person mystery to suspicion and blame games coupled with infidelity and psychopathic tendencies

It's a good film in my opinion and most importantly, entertaining
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @‌ the no signs

And the ending felt lazy

Go watch a tylper Perry movie or something. Cause you tripping hard
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    It flipped the female mental abuse thing pretty well to me *shrug
  • desertrain10
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Lol @‌ the no signs

And the ending felt lazy

Well the movie ended pretty much the same way the book did and the author of the book wrote the screenplay.

I'm guessing the novel sucked as well lol
  • desertrain10
    Options
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    Lol @‌ the no signs

And the ending felt lazy

Tripping how so?

Just didn't enjoy the movie... Seems as though finch and co didn't know if they wanted to make a thriller, a murder mystery, or a satire

The drop >>>> gone girl

And I don't do tyler perry movies bruh

• rip.dilla
    Options
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    Lol @‌ the no signs

And the ending felt lazy

Tripping how so?

Just didn't enjoy the movie... Seems as though finch and co didn't know if they wanted to make a thriller, a murder mystery, or a satire

The drop >>>> gone girl

And I don't do tyler perry movies bruh

That's the whole point! It's a film that plays with the audience's minds whilst watching it as evidenced from some posters here. .. ("Wtf did I just watch???")

Even Fincher himself in an interview I watched recently said what drew him to the script was the bending tones; the unpredictability of the story

It's just a story with the theme: Everything Is Not What It Seems.. .
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very fun movie.
    Loved it