Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Donald Sterling Hoping A Payoff Will Prevent GF V. Stiviano From Leaking More Audio

With his reputation already in shreds and repercussions from the NBA likely looming for his racist remarks, L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling is hoping money will stop the bleeding.

TMZ reports that Sterling reached out to his girlfriend V. Stiviano on Sunday, April 27, to see if they could come to an agreement.

Stiviano is in possession of more than 100 hours of audiotape that could damage Sterling further. When contacted she told him to speak to her lawyer, which probably means she has a dollar figure in mind to make this all go away.

Sterling's estranged wife, Shelly Sterling, is suing Stiviano for $1.8 million she claims was stolen from her husband.

Stiviano is upset that Sterling is going along with the lawsuit. She also claims that he knew he was being recorded because he frequently forgot conversations and needed to refresh his memory.

She'll sadly come up with a win if shes smart because not matter what comes out damage is done..she should go full ? and threaten to release more ? and take home atarting pg money
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Protesting isn't always about the direct result you get. Sometimes it's about the statement you make in hopes that the statement will prompt other actions that will lead to results.

I don't think anyone is saying that the players should stop playing basketball forever. The general suggestion is that they should have sat out at least one game to show how strongly they feel about the incident. No, it wouldn't have hurt Sterling all that much, but you can bet the NBA would have taken notice. And so would the fans everyone else who tunes into these games.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? backtracked yourself, after you said the nba creates donald sterlings as if there is an assembly line of donald sterlings jus waiting to be manufactured
    Did you not just say you misspoke

your ignoring the corrected statement though. I said I used the wrong word, corected it, and you are stuck in the past. Now answer the question. Why was wrong about the statement others than the incorrect word?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Smash on ol boys girl...

Rumour has it this dude ? for black men...smh

Behind the racism is a ? ? with a thing for black dudes...SMH

Strong possibility
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I clearly said in your initial statement. The word changes the while meaning.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I clearly said in your initial statement. The word changes the while meaning.

ok bruh lol
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Protesting isn't always about the direct result you get. Sometimes it's about the statement you make in hopes that the statement will prompt other actions that will lead to results.

I don't think anyone is saying that the players should stop playing basketball forever. The general suggestion is that they should have sat out at least one game to show how strongly they feel about the incident. No, it wouldn't have hurt Sterling all that much, but you can bet the NBA would have taken notice. And so would the fans everyone else who tunes into these games.

Gimme specifics, B. No diss, but I just here a bunch of rhetoric here. What impact would them sitting out Game 4 have had? You think other fans around the league would have not watched OTHER games because the Clippers sat out Game 4?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what sitting out would accomplish and I'm not seeing it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    1of1 wrote: »
    Y'all really feel like this ? is about money for the Clippers, huh? SMH. Doing what the did is the most they could have done under the circumstances. A hear a lot of talk from ? about what they would have done in that situation...but y'all ? wouldn't have done ? . And if you did protest by not playing the game, you would have been as ass backwards as Donald Sterling.

You're a disgrace

You're a disgrace if you would allow some ass backwards racist make you throw away years of effort, hard work and dedication by voluntarily giving up a chance at your dream.

This ain't the 50's and 60's, B. Do your research on what sit-ins, marching and sitting out of ? was designed to do back then. None of that ? applies in this situation.

You're right and wrong. You're right in that a boycott in this case would not have been the same as a boycott back then, so people do need to stop drawing those parallels. You're wrong when you imply that a boycott couldn't have made a possible statement and that making such a statement isn't worth some sacrifice.

Explain it to me then, B. When you're right as much as I am, you don't have a problem being wrong. Lol. I just don't see it. What MEANINGFUL statement would a boycott (meaning them not playing the game) have made?

It would have showed that these players are willing to sacrifice their money and goals to stand against poor treatment from owners. It would have shown that they were willing to fight back against such treatment by any means necessary.

And the NBA would have noticed. You're crazy if you think the NBA would have allowed a playoff game to be cancelled and no take some immediate action. They would have had to.
    zombie wrote: »
    This case is the perfect example of why race mixing is a bad idea for black people and it does not matter what her motives were he said what he said.

It's not a perfect example for why race mixing is bad. She was dealing with a known racist. That racist saying racist ? doesn't prove anything other than black people shouldn't deal with people that they know for a fact hate them.

We disagree about the race mixing. That's established. I'm not arguing about that here though. I'm just pointing out that this case doesn't really support the lesson you're trying to push. Most intelligent people wouldn't enter a relationship with a racist and expect them not to say racist ? and do racist things.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no more cliff paul commericals
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Smash on ol boys girl...

Rumour has it this dude ? for black men...smh

Behind the racism is a ? ? with a thing for black dudes...SMH

because it's a power thing
    a lot of you ? fail to understand ? .
    during slavery, women weren't the only oneS getting ? .they love ? big strong black man because it made him feel better .they dominated who they feared. They fear black masculinity.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Symbolism.
    Also its withholding money.. its a start not the culmination.

Statements have intangible accomplishments.

Refusing to move from the bus seat.

Sit ins at Woolworths

Donning black gloves

Marching

What did they accomplish
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Gimme specifics, B. No diss, but I just here a bunch of rhetoric here. What impact would them sitting out Game 4 have had? You think other fans around the league would have not watched OTHER games because the Clippers sat out Game 4?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what sitting out would accomplish and I'm not seeing it.

Dog, what people want is for Sterling to give up the team. He's already considering doing that just because of the heat he's catching for the incident. You don't think the threat of his players not playing for him and fans not supporting the team would push him towards making the decision that much quicker? Come on. If you're not seeing it, it's because you're being willfully blind.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Anybody else think it's funny that this country basically ruined Tiger Woods and treated him like he was the ? human being on earth because he was cheating on his wife. Yet, they so casually refer to this chick as Sterling's girlfriend without so much as even pointing out that he's married and thus shouldn't have girlfriends.

Yeah it's ? up. Literally every time they mention her they also mention they've been estranged for some years now. They still legally married, she's suing his gf over gifts he gave her, and it's just breezed on by this whole situation was probably sparked over two women going back and forth at each other over this old racist ?
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who v gone sell that ? too now?
  • shit happens
    Options
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Y'all really feel like this ? is about money for the Clippers, huh? SMH. Doing what the did is the most they could have done under the circumstances. A hear a lot of talk from ? about what they would have done in that situation...but y'all ? wouldn't have done ? . And if you did protest by not playing the game, you would have been as ass backwards as Donald Sterling.

i usually agree with majority of the ? you post cuz.. but you wrong on this one.

Same question I posed to Monk...What MEANINGFUL statement would a boycott (meaning them not playing the game) have made?

u have a point about working all year to get to promise land.. i really get that

but like i posted couple pages back.. some ? is bigger than basketball cuz... i think they should have boycotted and thought it would be dope if the warriors did it too, hell the whole league (i know thats unlikely as ? though)

i probably wouldn't say that if they were in the NFL.. ONLY cause they contracts aint guaranteed and they'll get released if they sneeze to loudly.. but NBA players getting MILS, obviously they all aint getting 100 mil like CP3.. what im saying is a couple fines or whatever wouldn't have impacted them like the statement they could have made if they sat out.. the rest of the playoffs... .. but at the end of the day im not gon blame the players.. they didn't do ? wrong Sterling did, i just think they missed an opportunity to make a statement. a LARGE one, the nba aint ? without the star players..

and lastly.. the NBA is so smalll and these cats is the BEST in the WORLD.. not the US... WORLD.. so lets say they DID do it and the players release em (not sure if they can or cant do honestly) aint like they cant get another gig on another squad.. they in the league for a reason..just my 2 cents
  • shit happens
    Options
  • shit happens
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Anybody else think it's funny that this country basically ruined Tiger Woods and treated him like he was the ? human being on earth because he was cheating on his wife. Yet, they so casually refer to this chick as Sterling's girlfriend without so much as even pointing out that he's married and thus shouldn't have girlfriends.

Yeah it's ? up. Literally every time they mention her they also mention they've been estranged for some years now. They still legally married, she's suing his gf over gifts he gave her, and it's just breezed on by this whole situation was probably sparked over two women going back and forth at each other over this old racist ?

It will be posted in the obituary sports article at the time of his death in the last paragraph it never fails.
  • blackrain
    Options

You're a disgrace

You're a disgrace if you would allow some ass backwards racist make you throw away years of effort, hard work and dedication by voluntarily giving up a chance at your dream.

This ain't the 50's and 60's, B. Do your research on what sit-ins, marching and sitting out of ? was designed to do back then. None of that ? applies in this situation.

You're right and wrong. You're right in that a boycott in this case would not have been the same as a boycott back then, so people do need to stop drawing those parallels. You're wrong when you imply that a boycott couldn't have made a possible statement and that making such a statement isn't worth some sacrifice.

Explain it to me then, B. When you're right as much as I am, you don't have a problem being wrong. Lol. I just don't see it. What MEANINGFUL statement would a boycott (meaning them not playing the game) have made?

The short answer is it's sending the message that a shot at an NBA championship isn't worth representing a team owned by a known racist who views me as nothing more than a slave on a basketball court instead of a cotton/sugar field.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Shorter answer

Raising the level of consciousness
  • blackrain
    Options
    The fallout from Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s racist comments continues to loom large, and it has cost the team a very big sponsorship. On Monday, during an appearance on “The Herd” with Colin Cowherd, the CEO of State Farm appeared to discuss his company’s sponsorship of the Clippers.

As it turns out, State Farm will no longer serve as a sponsor for the team due to Sterling’s insensitive and unacceptable remarks.

Yes, that will likely mean no more “Cliff Paul.”

With the big decision by State Farm to distance themselves from Sterling and the Clippers organization, it would not be surprising to see more companies follow in their footsteps.

The Clippers will continue to deal with the negative backlash that was caused by their bigot owner, until the NBA and his fellow owners take a stand that could cost him the team.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/28/state-farm-pulls-sponsorship-los-angeles-clippers/#!GbP7j
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're a disgrace

It would have showed that these players are willing to sacrifice their money and goals to stand against poor treatment from owners. It would have shown that they were willing to fight back against such treatment by any means necessary.

And the NBA would have noticed. You're crazy if you think the NBA would have allowed a playoff game to be cancelled and no take some immediate action. They would have had to.
    zombie wrote: »
    This case is the perfect example of why race mixing is a bad idea for black people and it does not matter what her motives were he said what he said.

It's not a perfect example for why race mixing is bad. She was dealing with a known racist. That racist saying racist ? doesn't prove anything other than black people shouldn't deal with people that they know for a fact hate them.

We disagree about the race mixing. That's established. I'm not arguing about that here though. I'm just pointing out that this case doesn't really support the lesson you're trying to push. Most intelligent people wouldn't enter a relationship with a racist and expect them not to say racist ? and do racist things.

Ok, we're getting closer to something tangible. Lol. Not quite there yet. So let's say the the game was canceled cuz the Clips forfeited by not showing up. You say the league would have had to take some immediate action. According to the rules, all they would have done is fine the Clippers organization. So Donald Sterling write a check to the league office. Now what?

Don't get me wrong, son. I understand why everyone wanted them to sit out the game. But logically, it doesn't make any sense. The NBA can only do so much and the players can do even less.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Also, I'd like to point out once again, that the players didn't have to sit out to make a statement.

For example, Chris Paul and/or Black Griffin, could have come out publicly (not on facebook or instagram, but in a press conference) and denounced Sterling, gone on record of saying they would not resign any contracts with the Clippers until Sterling was gone, and recommended that no other players come to the Clippers until ownership changed.

That would have been just as big a statement as sitting out and they wouldn't have had to give up on their goals. They didn't even do that. In fact they did the opposite, the agreed to not address it publicly other than that silly thing with the warm-ups which really didn't make any sense to me.

Wholeheartedly agree. It was pretty disappointing
This discussion has been closed.