Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Y'all ? really think he's gonna sell the team? Not saying he is or isn't, but y'all are talking like it's a foregone conclusion. Hardly.
    It looks like the NBA is trying to buy him some time. And the coward players are helping them.

They're hoping the PR machine at the NBA can make it all go away.

Another reason I cant respect the Clipper players as men. Why help your enemy? Ridiculous.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    sn_a_cliipers_kh_576x324.jpg

Now...am i trippin, or did everybody refuse to cover their heart except cp3 and Blake?? Ehhh maybe players always keep their hand down for the pledge.

I noticed that two but the pic I saw only had CP3, DeAndre, and Blake in it so I couldn't tell if CP3 and Blake were the only ones did it or not
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    KingSimba wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    They said sterling wants to make this go away for the right price....? the clippers players, coaches and fans

Speaking of price Charles Barkley made an interesting point about Sterling and the Clippers. No doubt he should be forced out, but is it really a punishment to force him into a deal that puts hundreds of millions more into his pockets? It's a weird punishment in that sense and something that just isn't big or have enough of an impact, for him to be able to profit to that amount off these ? up comments and doesn't really feel like an impact would be made. If there was a way to simply strip him of ownership sans profit of selling them that'd be the best option but i don't even think that's legally possible

its not. Dude is wealthy. That money aint going anywhere even if he is "forced" to sell the team. He would just take that money and invest it in another industry and remain remains wealthy racist.

This is why I said before, the fans hold the real power. A boycott of not only the Clippers, but a league that spawns people like Donald Sterling, would make a huge statement.

Does it?

I know the owners who told their players not to say anything are likely racist as hell. The only reason you'd try to silence them really.

How how does the NBA spawn racist players?

it doesn't. Wrong choice of words.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is disgusting
    blacks all confused & ? , what will Boy cotting do ???
    all eyes R on the Clippers organization right now, from every angle of the world.
    they looking at the situation.
    how will blacks respond, this is gut check Time.
    blacks don't understand imagery

we think we get disrespected cause we black, because of slavery, because of the way they dress, music...
    We the most imitated.
    Its because
    When ? like this happens and the world is watching , we got our ass in the air, ready to get f***** .
    America is learning not to f*** with ? people, because they will get it in that ass.
    this is bigger than basketball

white people started an American Revolution because of things like, they don't want to pay taxes on their tea.
    but ? ,you go out there and play
    these black man Could have sent a Powerful message out ,to the world.
    What did Ali , getting locked up did??
    U.s still fought the war..
    But he inspired blacks and others around the world Till this day.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see this becoming a Boondocks episode
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    This type of mentality is not uncommon with owners of the nba, nfl, nhl, mlb, our even other leagues around the world. But, at last those other owners are not stupid enough to make those feelings known.

He's not a current owner, but did you see the quality of programming on BET? It's obvious bob Johnson didn't care for black people either
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    This type of mentality is not uncommon with owners of the nba, nfl, nhl, mlb, our even other leagues around the world. But, at last those other owners are not stupid enough to make those feelings known.

He's not a current owner, but did you see the quality of programming on BET? It's obvious bob Johnson didn't care for black people either

Bob Johnson hasn't owned BET in some time
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

Bob Johnson hasn't owned BET in some time

And he wasn't ? when he did own it. the channel is garbage.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i mean the government gives them houses.. cars.. feed their families..

im jus sayin..

they earn a living like anyone else... no one is given anything....
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't read the thread... but this might be the most overblown story that I can ever remember....

affirmative action was just effectively ended in our lifetime, income inequality continues to surge..... we have a NFL team named the redskins for godsake....

but we are talkin about a 81 year old known racist who obviously got entrapped by his scorned side ? ... and we are actin like everybody is shocked and appalled...gtfoh. if we secretly record most 80 yo in America...I would guess that we would here 10-12 racist comments that would shock and appall us each. He'll hank Aaron just pretty much said that republicans are like kkk members PUBLICLY. we are a few years removed from senators sayin that Strom Thurmond racist policies were good PUBLICLY. ? knows what is said up there behind closed doors...

I guarantee u the players don't give a damn... and why should they. They knew this ? was racist when they signed there.... this ? sterling screamed racial epithets on the court. They just wanted to get dem checks and win basketball games..... its this ridiculous twitter, TMZ, instagram generation that wants them to be like Ali or bill Russell everybody found out what they already knew and didn't give 2 ? about.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to talk to baron davis
  • D0wn
    Options
    now back to imagery.
    Sports is the only aspect in our Western society, where powerful strong black heterosexual men are put in a positive light . Sports is our domain.

Latley all these ? black athletes, and now this weak response
    Coaches scared
    players scared

This is the tragedy; the emasculation of black men...live.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    They need to talk to baron davis

Word. BD told ? 6-7 years ago what the deal was. So did those lawsuits. But yeah, this ? doesn't come as a shock to anyone.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I haven't read the thread... but this might be the most overblown story that I can ever remember....

affirmative action was just effectively ended in our lifetime, income inequality continues to surge..... we have a NFL team named the redskins for godsake....

but we are talkin about a 81 year old known racist who obviously got entrapped by his scorned side ? ... and we are actin like everybody is shocked and appalled...gtfoh. if we secretly record most 80 yo in America...I would guess that we would here 10-12 racist comments that would shock and appall us each. He'll hank Aaron just pretty much said that republicans are like kkk members PUBLICLY. we are a few years removed from senators sayin that Strom Thurmond racist policies were good PUBLICLY. ? knows what is said up there behind closed doors...

I guarantee u the players don't give a damn... and why should they. They knew this ? was racist when they signed there.... this ? sterling screamed racial epithets on the court. They just wanted to get dem checks and win basketball games..... its this ridiculous twitter, TMZ, instagram generation that wants them to be like Ali or bill Russell everybody found out what they already knew and didn't give 2 ? about.

You probably should have read the thread then because few, if anyone, has said they were shocked.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?
    Its playoff time, no reason to talk about anything in the NBA that does not relate to our Mavs. Lets Go Mavs !!

— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) April 26, 2014

But he's from Texas and that's how these crackers out here think. They're racist as ? knowitalls.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour-Cream wrote: »
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?
    Its playoff time, no reason to talk about anything in the NBA that does not relate to our Mavs. Lets Go Mavs !!

But he's from Texas and that's how these crackers out here think. They're racist as ? knowitalls.

That's fair for him to say. There is no reason for him to talk about it. He's white and it's not his team, so it's not his problem.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na, he's Texan and these people don't like us. There's a difference.
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Its part of the discussion... to me, its simply facetious to one day be ok with playing for a racist owner but as soon as its publicly known to a national audience, the players shouldn't play anymore. The NBA should force him to sell sure... this hurts there brand and human resources. But to say that the players and fans should 'boycott' is ridiculous...

Like the whole TNT crew said... they don't give a ? who the owner is.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?

That's fair for him to say. There is no reason for him to talk about it. He's white and it's not his team, so it's not his problem.

Word. It would have been nice for him to denounce the comments and say 'He doesn't speak for all owners and the league should re-evaluate whether it's appropriate for him to continue to own the team.'. But I can't denounce him for not speaking out.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?

but let it had been Michael Jordan on the tape talking bad about Jews.....

his tune would have changed and EVERYONE would be gunning for him. Lol come on bruh
  • D0wn
    Options
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?

n***** are mad, because white folk is acting like white Folks.

the thing is, Blacks are mad because as usual, we get smack around, then run to other white people about white people.
    instead of handling our own ? .
    NBA players were afraid to say ?
    clipper players afraid to make a stand
    scared ass Doc Rivers afraid of black wrist bands

This discussion has been closed.