Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its part of the discussion... to me, its simply facetious to one day be ok with playing for a racist owner but as soon as its publicly known to a national audience, the players shouldn't play anymore. The NBA should force him to sell sure... this hurts there brand and human resources. But to say that the players and fans should 'boycott' is ridiculous...

Like the whole TNT crew said... they don't give a ? who the owner is.
    I would agree if they just chose to ? .

But inside out jerseys? By doing that u are saying it bothers u. So take a stand then...make a statement.

Dont turn your ? Jersey inside out like some powerless ? .

Either do something or nothing at all. Not something that amounts to nothing.

The whole jersey thing put me over the fence with this ? .
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

This is why I say immediately jumping on the "The players are ? " bandwagon is a bit harsh because there's still a window for them to do something. I do however think if they were going to take a stand then one stronger than simply taking your warm ups off was needed.

That's an acknowledgment.

But honestly the only thing that will satisfy some people is those guys breaking their contracting and quitting the team out right

Oh course these very same people demanding such action
    WILL NOT help pay the millions of dollars that will be owed
    if those players wore to heedlessly take such drastic actions........

? . Clippers Organization losing sponsors now as we speak. Pockets about to get hurt. Last thing you want is food being taken out of your kids mouth. Let see how ? plays out. They talking about boycotting game 5 at the staple center. ? didn't even practice today. ? been Cancel.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    There should not be a million opinions on every ? thing, there should be no tolerance for any kind of disrespect. Donald sterling should be fined, suspended and financially pressured to sell that team, the nba cannot make him sell so the only way for him to suffer would be to make him sustain monetary loss. The most effective way of doing that would be boycott and fines.

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. If just one fairly popular player would come out and support fans boycotting until appropriate and acceptable action is taken would get eo much done. But these dudes blinded by money....
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way to hurt a wealthy racist is his pockets.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is these ? getting paid anyway.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »

This is why I say immediately jumping on the "The players are ? " bandwagon is a bit harsh because there's still a window for them to do something. I do however think if they were going to take a stand then one stronger than simply taking your warm ups off was needed.

But honestly the only thing that will satisfy some people is those guys breaking their contracting and quitting the team out right

? . Clippers Organization losing sponsors now as we speak. Pockets about to get hurt. Last thing you want is food being taken out of your kids mouth. Let see how ? plays out. They talking about boycotting game 5 at the staple center. ? didn't even practice today. ? been Cancel.

See how it works?

I never agree the ideal the players,(who have more to lose) should be held solely accountable.
    It was "up to them" to take a stand.

That ? don't mean a ? in a court of Law!

Racist IS racist

But business is business,practically if you are contractually bound.

And why should I risk my livelihood???

He's the ? that said that ? ! lol

Yeah, he's a billionaire that will "never" go broke, but I'll be damn if I heedlessly place myself and my family in a position to go broke and "downgrade because of something someone else said or did.

If it's THAT bad, I'll plot,plan and strategize where I can get out the situation yet keep my dignity,integrity and equally as important my bank account intact!
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In order to create "REAL" change you MUST be willingly to sacrifice. That's why ? previously were able to make some changes because they were willingly to go to jail, lose their jobs, die, etc...but today's black man (and I use that word very loosely) aint changin ? ....? more worried about losing their comfort instead of real issues (which is ok if thats how you feel but don't turn around and ? about the "community" (and I use that word loosely too). ? too scared to fight for ? thats bigger than them because that actually requires sacrifice, not just lip service....lmao at ? ? about MILLIONAIRES having to stop working for a few months...that ? logic would actually make sense if we talking about postal workers or some ? ....these ? should be able to sit out a year EASY if thats what the ? it takes to get the change you SAY you want....what the ? happen to the by any means necessary ? ?? Maybe all the real ? are dead or in jail because I'm ashamed to be apart of these new ? .
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I dont think it was a consciousness decision but deandre looks like his mind is somewhere else

For all we know a lot those guys are plotting and strategizing a way to get out their contracts with that team.......

Yeah,I've seen a lot that talk of what they should or should not have done.
    Especially played the game. Regardless of what that man said, they still had a "job" to do. And people counting on them to do that job far beyond him.

A lot people be on some faux uber militant ?
    knowing ? well if the owner of company they worked and someone they did business with said some racial ? ,they ARE NOT going to immediately jeopardize their livelihood and put their family at risk at a drop of a dime,especially if you are contractual obligated to that job

man listen ,imagine if Muhammad Ali Agreed to go to Vietnam .
    Then In Vietnam, he changes hiS mind.
    come on.
    who you are , will shine when unexpected things happen .
    How u act on sight.
    These ? can look like black panthers tommorow .
    how they acted yesterday, says it all.
    afraid to say how they feel as men. "Let's focous on basketball". "I'm trying to win a game".
    That's all I need to hear.

But Ali used religion for not going to 'Nam

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlemagne a real ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All this ? text ..... what's your point?

its overblown, there is a bunch of fake outrage, the mainstream media caught wind of the story and its juicy so of course the sports media latches on while we are the midst of some of the greatest basketball games in a long time... in the meantime, we skip over supreme court decisions and congressional budgets that keep blacks in the vicious cycle for the foreseeable future.

So the topic of white supremacy
    in America has been dissected openly and in public forums to such a degree that you feel that it is now "overblown" and should not be discussed on this level ...and if it is discussed ... it's primarily due to the collectives "fake outrage" ....?

Let me ask you this tho.... since this is such a "overblown" topic in your opinion... Why the ? do you think those Supreme Court descions and congressional budgets were passed which we all know will have such a adverse affect on blacks?

What ideology drives those kinds of descions?

What kind of ideology allows those types of descions to be allowed in this country?

....ill wait
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do ? not know that there are certain things that void a contract???

Have you nig nogs ever signed a contract other than your 2 year phone plan??

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah first take went at it for the full two hours.. only problem I had was the pass that doc got.. by not questioning what he said about not being thrilled by the protest
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »

What's the difference between boycotting game 4 and boycotting game 5???
    Besides looking stupid and weak and flat undecisive game 4???
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I dont think it was a consciousness decision but deandre looks like his mind is somewhere else

For all we know a lot those guys are plotting and strategizing a way to get out their contracts with that team.......

Yeah,I've seen a lot that talk of what they should or should not have done.
    Especially played the game. Regardless of what that man said, they still had a "job" to do. And people counting on them to do that job far beyond him.

A lot people be on some faux uber militant ?
    knowing ? well if the owner of company they worked and someone they did business with said some racial ? ,they ARE NOT going to immediately jeopardize their livelihood and put their family at risk at a drop of a dime,especially if you are contractual obligated to that job

man listen ,imagine if Muhammad Ali Agreed to go to Vietnam .
    Then In Vietnam, he changes hiS mind.
    come on.
    who you are , will shine when unexpected things happen .
    How u act on sight.
    These ? can look like black panthers tommorow .
    how they acted yesterday, says it all.
    afraid to say how they feel as men. "Let's focous on basketball". "I'm trying to win a game".
    That's all I need to hear.

But Ali used religion for not going to 'Nam

Paraphrasing Ali I believe he said no vietcong ever called me ? . His decision was equally religious conviction as well as race politics
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I be damn KIA aka Blake Griffin Sponsor. Has gone down the drain. Suspended indefinitely
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All this ? text ..... what's your point?

its overblown, there is a bunch of fake outrage, the mainstream media caught wind of the story and its juicy so of course the sports media latches on while we are the midst of some of the greatest basketball games in a long time... in the meantime, we skip over supreme court decisions and congressional budgets that keep blacks in the vicious cycle for the foreseeable future.

Again, refrain from posting if this is "overblown."
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Side note tho - ? ain't ? .

That ? sounds like a robot, like she's reading from a script or being prompted. Peep how she keeps extending the conversation while he's trying to drop it.
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    One last thought...

? need to start callin this what this is... this old white man didn't want his chick hanging with a bunch of ? and want to be associated with him at the same time... he paid for that so he wants her image a certain way. I'm not condoning that ? but out of all things he did is this really that egregious? hell, Hollywood made Noah and ramses white because they just didn't want ? seeing the movie. Where is the outrage for pretty much rewriting history and ostracizing ppl of color then?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Didnt see every damn page so if it was posted.. here it is again

0427-v-stiviano-2.jpg

Strumpet should be ashamed of herself
    Only reason she exposing him now is bc her money ran out...if she was still shopping on rodeo drive she could careless who he called ?

Some NFL, NBA, MLB or rapper will wife this soulless dead behind the eyes piece of ?

@jono‌ @gucciscottking @‌atalentedone
    yall got a problem with this comment ? speak on it
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Do ? not know that there are certain things that void a contract???

Have you nig nogs ever signed a contract other than your 2 year phone plan??

You proving the point I was making
This discussion has been closed.