Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry Johnson said it best. This is the best opportunity to ? the Nba, and start our own league.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    I HIGHLY doubt any of you ? talking about what those players should have done or shouldn't have done

would be just as quick to react,and immediately jeopardize you and your family's livelihood and throw it all away
    if you find out the owner of YOUR company,at YOUR "dream" job,that has YOUR wife and kids living a certain standard was caught saying some racial ? in a recorded convo

Yes, even if you are a millionaire,? just doesn't work that way.

Cuz that's an impressive figure for us "everyday working folk"

But not too much for someone that's living in 25-30 million dollar mansion, driving a 100,000 dollars car, sending their kids to 60-70 dollars a semester collage,etc,etc,

Your ass would probably do the same thing they are doing,acknowledge you aren't cool with the ? ,
    then plot,plan and strategize a way to get out of the situation......or better yet GET HIM out of the equation

What do you mean "throw it all away"

You think Blake Griffin couldn't "find work"

You think CP3 couldn't "find work"

DeAndre Jordan?

etc etc..

These are some of the best in the world at what they do... what exactly do you mean..."throw it all away" ...?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    Sour-Cream wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?
    Its playoff time, no reason to talk about anything in the NBA that does not relate to our Mavs. Lets Go Mavs !!

— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) April 26, 2014

But he's from Texas and that's how these crackers out here think. They're racist as ? knowitalls.

That's fair for him to say. There is no reason for him to talk about it. He's white and it's not his team, so it's not his problem.

but let it had been Michael Jordan on the tape talking bad about Jews.....

his tune would have changed and EVERYONE would be gunning for him. Lol come on bruh

Nah I don't believe that. That might apply to some, but given Mark Cuban's history, he would have made the exact same post under those circumstances too. Dude doesn't give a ? about much but his Mavs.

Please, speak on his "history" that has u so convinced he would be consistent with his response despite the circumstances.

Dog, its Mark Cuban. He's set records for the amount of money he's had to pay in fines all because he puts riding for his team above everything else. Why would it be any different in the scenario you posted? Anybody else, and you might have a point, but not Cuban, he's basically made a name for himself by acting a damn fool and not caring about ? else when it comes to his team.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    If I was a player I would have sat my ass down and cited my owner creating a hostile work environment as justifiable cause for me doing so ...

The thing is ..these millionaire ass ? are so ? scared to potentially lose a ? buck as well as losing a couple points with their q rating that the best they could muster up was

I just posted that SI's lawyer just broke this down on the legal ramifications of the players boycotting. You'd have to prove the comments Sterling made away from the workplace had an impact on the actual workplace. If they boycott and that's not proven to be true, just that he's a racist ? away from the environment the players work in, then those players are losing out on more than just a buck. It's the entirety of their contracts. Contrary to popular belief all those players aren't sitting on $100's of millions to be able to take that loss like it's nothing.

Owners have a punch clock?

When the ? are they not the acting face of the franchise? ...

Lol

When are they not "on the job" ...real question tho ..

That's like saying ...well ..the president said ? all the Jews .... but it was at his homies personal backyard bbq so it don't count doe!

Additionally ..There's around 12-15 ? on that team ...some of the best basketball players in the WORLD are on that team.. If those contracts were voided I find it very hard to believe that they wouldn't all have new ones on the table from another team tmmrw ... ? another owner probably would sign them ? just for the positive press alone .... so I'm not really feeling that Arguement ... ? just scary blood

It's not an argument. It's the actual legal reasoning behind it. Seems like you're looking at it as if it's automatic it'd be determined to be a hostile work environment and in a court of law it's not that easy to prove. Not to mention cases like that often get dragged out in court for a while so it's not like the ? would simply be settled in the off season and they'd be back on the court by October when the next season starts. If the contracts are voided then yeah the players are free to leave. If they're found in violation of those contracts they're legally responsible for the money left on them.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So the topic of white supremacy
    in America has been dissected openly and in public forums to such a degree that you feel that it is now "overblown" and should not be discussed on this level ...and if it is discussed ... it's primarily due to the collectives "fake outrage" ....?

Let me ask you this tho.... since this is such a "overblown" topic in your opinion... Why the ? do you think those Supreme Court descions and congressional budgets were passed which we all know will have such a adverse affect on blacks?

What ideology drives those kinds of descions?

What kind of ideology allows those types of descions to be allowed in this country?

....ill wait

First get the fucck outta here with that 'topic of white supremacy' ? ...that's ridiculous

second I do know the ideology of selectivity is what is hurting ? about these stories... the media loves to make stories like these to people cuz there easy... minorities can say 'look racist ? still exist' and whites can act appalled and say 'see we hate racism too'. But onto the subject of deeper more important decisions that permeate racism...ppl stand idle.

So to your question sterling has been hurtin ppl with racist policies for years... so we shouldve been coming down on him when he slandered blacks to property value realtors and ruined Danny mannings career... not when he tells his side chick that he didn't want he hanging out with ? .

Saying he believes white Jews are 150% better than black Jews isn't considered white supremacist ideology?

Like what are you even saying bro?

What do you mean .."get the ? out of here with that topic of white supremacy ? "

What the ? are you saying bruh?

I'm not reading the rest of your ? until you can explain that
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And shame on us all for no one making a Mayor Marion Berry reference.

'Bytch set me up' Lol
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    And shame on us all for no one making a Mayor Marion Berry reference.

'Bytch set me up' Lol

I was so tempted when I first heard the tape!
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a Owners personal code.of conduct rule in the NBA that allows the Commissioner to force the sale of any team if the owner violates the conduct policy. In other words, Anything less than Adam Silver forcing the sale.of the Clippers is ? .
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Elgin Baylor sittin back watchin all this ? like

elgin_baylor_looks_on_in_a_suit.jpg

Oh but these nggas aint wanna listen when i said some ? ...

One could easily ask how he worked for the Clippers for all those years like it was nothing too. Sterling was the owner then too and Baylor worked for him for over 2 decades

not only that but other people with his role were getting paid on avg 2.5 million dollars. Baylor was getting paid 250k
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I HIGHLY doubt any of you ? talking about what those players should have done or shouldn't have done

would be just as quick to react,and immediately jeopardize you and your family's livelihood and throw it all away
    if you find out the owner of YOUR company,at YOUR "dream" job,that has YOUR wife and kids living a certain standard was caught saying some racial ? in a recorded convo

But not too much for someone that's living in 25-30 million dollar mansion, driving a 100,000 dollars car, sending their kids to 60-70 dollars a semester collage,etc,etc,

Your ass would probably do the same thing they are doing,acknowledge you aren't cool with the ? ,
    then plot,plan and strategize a way to get out of the situation......or better yet GET HIM out of the equation

the assumption is that taking a stand here would ruin their careers and livelihood. thats absurd. its truly a despicable red herring to toss out there. as if their Nike deals would dry up... as if other teams don't want Blake and CP3 and Doc ? Rivers. cut that ? all the ? they way out.
    for the sake of argument, if taking a stand against racism ruins their lives thats another issue to be addressed.

Yeah, it's always easier for someone sitting down to press someone else into taking a stand

Not saying you in particularly.

The same way we have a right to criticize them for not handling the issue like we would like them to

they have the right to not give damn about what we think they should or should't do to immediately....to take a stand
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has Darius Miles spoken up yet?
  • a.mann
    Options
    I tell ya
    t's always gets to me when I see ? ,demand someone to do this or that when they don't have stake in the outcome. All hot and bothered cuz

if I were in that situation I'll do this! And then this!
    Then I'll this! and say this!!

Of course if I were in that situation........
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Has Darius Miles spoken up yet?

daduntsh.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Yeah, it's always easier for someone sitting down to press someone else into taking a stand

The same way we have a right to criticize them for not handling the issue like we would like them to

they have the right to not give damn about what we think they should or should't do to immediately....to take a stand

Well, that's not completely true. Athletes get paid all the money they do in part due to their celebrity. So if you're comfortable making all your money based on the fact that people are supporting you, then you are somewhat subject to their expectations of you.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour-Cream wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?
    Its playoff time, no reason to talk about anything in the NBA that does not relate to our Mavs. Lets Go Mavs !!

— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) April 26, 2014

But he's from Texas and that's how these crackers out here think. They're racist as ? knowitalls.

That's fair for him to say. There is no reason for him to talk about it. He's white and it's not his team, so it's not his problem.

but let it had been Michael Jordan on the tape talking bad about Jews.....

his tune would have changed and EVERYONE would be gunning for him. Lol come on bruh

Nah I don't believe that. That might apply to some, but given Mark Cuban's history, he would have made the exact same post under those circumstances too. Dude doesn't give a ? about much but his Mavs.

Please, speak on his "history" that has u so convinced he would be consistent with his response despite the circumstances.

Dog, its Mark Cuban. He's set records for the amount of money he's had to pay in fines all because he puts riding for his team above everything else. Why would it be any different in the scenario you posted? Anybody else, and you might have a point, but not Cuban, he's basically made a name for himself by acting a damn fool and not caring about ? else when it comes to his team.

im asking because I dont know what you speak of. Im ignorant. But you spoke up for him so surely you know why he wouldn't react differently in the scenario I posted.....

also...He caped for ? before tho. He has been outspoken when it comes to other social issues. But now all of a sudden onwof such importance and potential impact in could have on his investment, its lets not get distracted? Nah bruh....gtfoh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

the assumption is that taking a stand here would ruin their careers and livelihood. thats absurd. its truly a despicable red herring to toss out there. as if their Nike deals would dry up... as if other teams don't want Blake and CP3 and Doc ? Rivers. cut that ? all the ? they way out.
    for the sake of argument, if taking a stand against racism ruins their lives thats another issue to be addressed.

They have a right not to but seeing as how the general basketball public helps to determine their worth it's in their best interest to care.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    we look at figures like Malcolm, Martin, Harriet, Marcus, Ali, Jackie, John Carlos, etc because they had the courage to suffer for their convictions. we also look at those who lack that courage as such. not saying we should vilify them, but lets not act as if they just couldn't under any circumstance stand up.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait. Darius Miles could be the reason he hates black people
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we look at figures like Malcolm, Martin, Harriet, Marcus, Ali, Jackie, John Carlos, etc because they had the courage to suffer for their convictions. we also look at those who lack that courage as such. not saying we should vilify them, but lets not act as if they just couldn't under any circumstance stand up.

4n0YX.gif

Tell em again
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    im asking because I dont know what you speak of. Im ignorant. But you spoke up for him so surely you know why he wouldn't react differently in the scenario I posted.....

also...He caped for ? before tho. He has been outspoken when it comes to other social issues. But now all of a sudden onwof such importance and potential impact in could have on his investment, its lets not get distracted? Nah bruh....gtfoh

My bad, I thought you were just being difficult. Well to put it simply, Cuban is always breaking rules repping the team. He basically has the rep of putting the Mavericks first over everything and not caring what the consequences are.

And I'm not saying that he never speaks out on other issues. I'm just saying that its completely with in his character and M.O. to basically come out and say nothing else is important while his Mavs are fighting for their playoff lives.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    I tell ya
    t's always gets to me when I see ? ,demand someone to do this or that when they don't have stake in the outcome. All hot and bothered cuz

if I were in that situation I'll do this! And then this!
    Then I'll this! and say this!!

Of course if I were in that situation........

I just don't believe this argument. looking at my own life, I have had to take a leadership role when it was uncomfortable. I have also seen many others have to do it. I don't like how you're acting as if this is an unreasonable expectation of those in positions to make moves. of course its easy to point the finger at them. but who doesn't have to face expectations? why are they exempt format he spotlight? its their turn.
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

Saying he believes white Jews are 150% better than black Jews isn't considered white supremacist ideology?

What do you mean .."get the ? out of here with that topic of white supremacy ? "

in that case its a good thing i dont have to explain myself to u...that being said yes it is pretty ? ridiculous to say this case represents the topic of white supremacy especially when there are so many real issues that can make that case that ppl dont even want to bring up...

it kills me the extremes ppl want to go...comparing this to the trayvon martin case which actually can/will have an impact on gun and self defense/hate crimes....or comparing this to vietnam and segregation in baseball.
  • a.mann
    Options
    They have a right not to but seeing as how the general basketball public helps to determine their worth it's in their best interest to care.

Well, that's not completely true. Athletes get paid all the money they do in part due to their celebrity. So if you're comfortable making all your money based on the fact that people are supporting you, then you are somewhat subject to their expectations of you.

Well, that's not completely true. Their talent,skills and choice of sports agent determine their worth.

Okay, I didn't handle the situation the way YOU would have like me to or the way YOU would have handled it.

That doesn't change my .395 field goal percentage

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

in that case its a good thing i dont have to explain myself to u...that being said yes it is pretty ? ridiculous to say this case represents the topic of white supremacy especially when there are so many real issues that can make that case that ppl dont even want to bring up...

it kills me the extremes ppl want to go...comparing this to the trayvon martin case which actually can/will have an impact on gun and self defense/hate crimes....or comparing this to vietnam and segregation in baseball.

How do you not think this topic represents white supremacy? You have a rich white guy who has power and hands in a variety of different areas. Said rich white man has already been accused of being a racist that uses his racism to discriminate against and harass those working under him and affiliated with other avenues over which he has influence. Now we've got public proof that he is in fact a blatant racist and actually promotes not dealing with people of a certain race. That's pretty much white supremacy in a nutshell.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @A.MANN

How can you take issue with us saying what they SHOULD have done then go on to claim you know what we WOULD do, if its us?

Not everybody is expressing phony indignation. I know for sure I'd have done SOMETHING other than put my ? clothes on inside out. How can you say I (or anyone else) wouldn't have? You cant. YOu also cant deny that taking that kind of stand was a win-win.

And whether you think that we'd really not have played or not. You cant deny that they are cowards. Flat out. They arent regular joes just trying to make it. They can afford to take the hit and have plenty of support. Comparing basketball players to ? that work for the government or random companies in America is false equivalency.

If my boss is racist and I dont show up to work all I do is lose my job. If they'd have sat out the NBA would have gotten off their ? because doing anything in retaliation against the players would have been bad PR. YOu cant ignore that bruh.
This discussion has been closed.