Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    There should not be a million opinions on every ? thing, there should be no tolerance for any kind of disrespect. Donald sterling should be fined, suspended and financially pressured to sell that team, the nba cannot make him sell so the only way for him to suffer would be to make him sustain monetary loss. The most effective way of doing that would be boycott and fines.

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. If just one fairly popular player would come out and support fans boycotting until appropriate and acceptable action is taken would get eo much done. But these dudes blinded by money....

It's hard too understand because so many of the guys in here are ? or house ? they don't want you to call them that because they say it's petty and childlike. But what the ? else can i call you when you say certain things.

There are limited ways in which we can make this guy suffer and we need to apply them all which means
    Fine,suspend and boycott not only of the clippers but if needed all the corporations that advertise with the clippers or have anything to do with any other donald sterling money making operation.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Paraphrasing Ali I believe he said no vietcong ever called me ? . His decision was equally religious conviction as well as race politics

He's disagreed with the war,like many other brothers back then,
    Ali was just "smart" enough to cite religious reasons for legally avoiding going over there
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Do ? not know that there are certain things that void a contract???

Have you nig nogs ever signed a contract other than your 2 year phone plan??

For all intends and purpose Sterling never personally insulted or attacked any of the players with racial and bigoted comments.

This was a private recorded convo between him and his mistress.
    Him,not wanting her to bring black people to the game IS NOT valid reason that will void a legally bonded contract.

But IT IS a reason they can refuse to sign or opt out of their contract.

My non-emotional assessment.
  • a.mann
    edited April 2014
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    I dont think it was a consciousness decision but deandre looks like his mind is somewhere else

For all we know a lot those guys are plotting and strategizing a way to get out their contracts with that team.......

Yeah,I've seen a lot that talk of what they should or should not have done.
    Especially played the game. Regardless of what that man said, they still had a "job" to do. And people counting on them to do that job far beyond him.

A lot people be on some faux uber militant ?
    knowing ? well if the owner of company they worked and someone they did business with said some racial ? ,they ARE NOT going to immediately jeopardize their livelihood and put their family at risk at a drop of a dime,especially if you are contractual obligated to that job

This is why I say immediately jumping on the "The players are ? " bandwagon is a bit harsh because there's still a window for them to do something. I do however think if they were going to take a stand then one stronger than simply taking your warm ups off was needed.

man listen ,imagine if Muhammad Ali Agreed to go to Vietnam .
    Then In Vietnam, he changes hiS mind.
    come on.
    who you are , will shine when unexpected things happen .
    How u act on sight.
    These ? can look like black panthers tommorow .
    how they acted yesterday, says it all.
    afraid to say how they feel as men. "Let's focous on basketball". "I'm trying to win a game".
    That's all I need to hear.

But Ali used religion for not going to 'Nam
    Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called ? people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the ? of white slave masters of the darker people the world over.
    This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.

/:)
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Paraphrasing Ali I believe he said no vietcong ever called me ? . His decision was equally religious conviction as well as race politics

He's disagreed with the war,like many other brothers back then,
    Ali was just "smart" enough to cite religious reasons for legally avoiding going over there
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Do ? not know that there are certain things that void a contract???

Have you nig nogs ever signed a contract other than your 2 year phone plan??

For all intends and purpose Sterling never personally insulted or attacked any of the players with racial and bigoted comments.

This was a private recorded convo between him and his mistress.
    Him,not wanting her to bring black people to the game IS NOT valid reason that will void a legally bonded contract.

But IT IS a reason they can refuse to sign or opt out of their contract.

My non-emotional assessment.

I'm listening to the lawyer from SI right now on LaVar Arrington's radio show and right now and he said the major issue is figuring out exactly how to exactly prove Sterling's private racist rants connect to him creating a hostile work environment for the players. That's really the crux of what's going on
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sterling is gonna become owner of the rockets.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Sour-Cream wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    ? mark cuban

What cuban say?
    Its playoff time, no reason to talk about anything in the NBA that does not relate to our Mavs. Lets Go Mavs !!

— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) April 26, 2014

But he's from Texas and that's how these crackers out here think. They're racist as ? knowitalls.

That's fair for him to say. There is no reason for him to talk about it. He's white and it's not his team, so it's not his problem.

but let it had been Michael Jordan on the tape talking bad about Jews.....

his tune would have changed and EVERYONE would be gunning for him. Lol come on bruh

Truth. Or ? smh Thats the part thats so disheartening.

no its not
    if this were to happen to ? or jews.
    I doubt the players would have played .
    I doubt the Jewish community or the ? community, would be on TV talking about, we just go out there and try to win a championship.
    In life u get what u deserve.if you don't stand for yourself nobody will stand for You.

That's the line of thinking I just agreed with you ? .
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think it was a consciousness decision but deandre looks like his mind is somewhere else

For all we know a lot those guys are plotting and strategizing a way to get out their contracts with that team.......

Especially played the game. Regardless of what that man said, they still had a "job" to do. And people counting on them to do that job far beyond him.

knowing ? well if the owner of company they worked and someone they did business with said some racial ? ,they ARE NOT going to immediately jeopardize their livelihood and put their family at risk at a drop of a dime,especially if you are contractual obligated to that job

This is why I say immediately jumping on the "The players are ? " bandwagon is a bit harsh because there's still a window for them to do something. I do however think if they were going to take a stand then one stronger than simply taking your warm ups off was needed.

come on.
    How u act on sight.
    afraid to say how they feel as men. "Let's focous on basketball". "I'm trying to win a game".

Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called ? people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the ? of white slave masters of the darker people the world over.
    This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.

I never said his religon was not a reason.but it wasn't the only reason. And it wasn't the main reason either.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    doc rivers on espn
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    All of a sudden errbody pro black now lmao, just in general. Nothing funnier than seeing Snoop Dogg of all people act like he doesnt perpetuate dumb ? . But then everybody says "he/she gettin money tho". Snoop be pump faking, esp online. Making memes of "soft lightskin ? ", but polish his nails & get his hair done..talk about "being real and distant from fake people and not having alot of friends.." memes..but is known as THE most politically correct-buddy-buddy-takes-no-stances-and-is-cool-with-literally-everybody in real life..so Snoop is just a character and has been for years.

Talks pro black when fitting, celebrate "? lifestyle", walks to award shows with black women on leshes, allegedly sold drugs, celebrates gang lifestyle (celebrate & glorify & have been ofr years at this point lets be honest)..

Donald Sterling is my ? . Spoke his honest opinion. When real ? speak their opinion they get hated on. When you speak about the "black/latino agenda" they shoving down on us nobody.

The ? was just setting him up. She knew how he was. Listen to the convo. She just set him up so she could sell the tape to TMZ and prolly profit of a potential divorce..typical industry ? .

Smh
  • a.mann
    Options

I'm listening to the lawyer from SI right now on LaVar Arrington's radio show and right now and he said the major issue is figuring out exactly how to exactly prove Sterling's private racist rants connect to him creating a hostile work environment for the players. That's really the crux of what's going on

And figured that out with having to consult my legal team.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    200_s.gif

What's the move? Can I tell the truth?
    If I was boycotting for you then I'd have nothing left to prove
    Nah, this for me, though
    I'm not tryna take a stance on behalf of my people
    Cause they don't have no award for that, trophies, trophies
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , the hostile environment has already been created. Their fans blame them, the sponsors blame them.

He made it so that even if they win, the lose.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    There should not be a million opinions on every ? thing, there should be no tolerance for any kind of disrespect. Donald sterling should be fined, suspended and financially pressured to sell that team, the nba cannot make him sell so the only way for him to suffer would be to make him sustain monetary loss. The most effective way of doing that would be boycott and fines.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

I dont know why this is so hard to understand. If just one fairly popular player would come out and support fans boycotting until appropriate and acceptable action is taken would get eo much done. But these dudes blinded by money....

It's hard too understand because so many of the guys in here are ? or house ? they don't want you to call them that because they say it's petty and childlike. But what the ? else can i call you when you say certain things.

There are limited ways in which we can make this guy suffer and we need to apply them all which means
    Fine,suspend and boycott not only of the clippers but if needed all the corporations that advertise with the clippers or have anything to do with any other donald sterling money making operatio
    n.

They're not gonna hear you bruh. Simple solution to a simple problem.
  • a.mann
    edited April 2014
    Options

come on.
    How u act on sight.

I never said his religion was not a reason.but it wasn't the only reason. And it wasn't the main reason either.

Bruh,I already said a lot brothers back then disagreed with the war and spoke out equally against it.

But Ali used his religion and (to a equally degree) his high profile status to get out of going.

There is nothing outrageous or controversial about this statement.
  • S2J
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    doc rivers on espn

Somebody hand me a tomato.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hostile work environment....the owner treats the players like dogs....his own words not mine
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was a player I would have sat my ass down and cited my owner creating a hostile work environment as justifiable cause for me doing so ...

The thing is ..these millionaire ass ? are so ? scared to potentially lose a ? buck as well as losing a couple points with their q rating that the best they could muster up was
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Deadspin got the extended 15 minute tape for ? interested.
    http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-extended-donald-sterling-tape-1568291249

smh scratch that, ? is apparently old.

I can't ? tell if this ? dropped yesterday, or today smh.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Just wish these Clippers were more open than doing what I suspected many would do and speak like men on the subject and not like products and commodities
  • S2J
    Options
    Just wish these Clippers were more open than doing what I suspected many would do and speak like men on the subject and not like products and commodities

Thats the part that bogles my mind. These dudes are so confused like its the 60's and speakin out could get you lynched. It truly confusing af.

The boycott thing is a seperate arguement b/c i can see thats a complex thng, but ngga, you cant make a comment??

Nggas can get coaches fired and force organizations to trade stars but you scared to say somethin b/c coach told you to say no comment?! Sheesh.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    So Doc saying Sterling has tried to speak with him since the tapes came out and he turned down the call and doesn't want to speak with him right now, that he does fully believe it's Sterling on the tape and he's still unsure about whether he's coming back next season or not.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too late ? doc rivers
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Need more brothas and sistas on the line.
This discussion has been closed.