Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Do ? not know that there are certain things that void a contract???

Have you nig nogs ever signed a contract other than your 2 year phone plan??

just like with criminal justice, ppl think that ? is set in stone and exceptions aren't made on the regular.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    If I was a player I would have sat my ass down and cited my owner creating a hostile work environment as justifiable cause for me doing so ...

The thing is ..these millionaire ass ? are so ? scared to potentially lose a ? buck as well as losing a couple points with their q rating that the best they could muster up was

I just posted that SI's lawyer just broke this down on the legal ramifications of the players boycotting. You'd have to prove the comments Sterling made away from the workplace had an impact on the actual workplace. If they boycott and that's not proven to be true, just that he's a racist ? away from the environment the players work in, then those players are losing out on more than just a buck. It's the entirety of their contracts. Contrary to popular belief all those players aren't sitting on $100's of millions to be able to take that loss like it's nothing.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I HIGHLY doubt any of you ? talking about what those players should have done or shouldn't have done

would be just as quick to react,and immediately jeopardize you and your family's livelihood and throw it all away
    if you find out the owner of YOUR company,at YOUR "dream" job,that has YOUR wife and kids living a certain standard was caught saying some racial ? in a recorded convo

Yes, even if you are a millionaire,? just doesn't work that way.

Cuz that's an impressive figure for us "everyday working folk"

But not too much for someone that's living in 25-30 million dollar mansion, driving a 100,000 dollars car, sending their kids to 60-70 dollars a semester collage,etc,etc,

Your ass would probably do the same thing they are doing,acknowledge you aren't cool with the ? ,
    then plot,plan and strategize a way to get out of the situation......or better yet GET HIM out of the equation
  • blackrain
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Elgin Baylor sittin back watchin all this ? like

elgin_baylor_looks_on_in_a_suit.jpg

Oh but these nggas aint wanna listen when i said some ? ...

One could easily ask how he worked for the Clippers for all those years like it was nothing too. Sterling was the owner then too and Baylor worked for him for over 2 decades
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    So Doc saying Sterling has tried to speak with him since the tapes came out and he turned down the call and doesn't want to speak with him right now, that he does fully believe it's Sterling on the tape and he's still unsure about whether he's coming back next season or not.

? dont wanna deal with that harsh reality right now ...

"Daaeyys tryin'sta wins da basketballs games"
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea it just a trendy fashion accessory and instagram and twitter selfie,hashtag fodder
    The other thread I posted about a singular act of protest a soccer player made in reaction to a racist action by picking up the banana that was thrown on the field and eating it..said nothing and said everything
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

So the topic of white supremacy
    in America has been dissected openly and in public forums to such a degree that you feel that it is now "overblown" and should not be discussed on this level ...and if it is discussed ... it's primarily due to the collectives "fake outrage" ....?

Let me ask you this tho.... since this is such a "overblown" topic in your opinion... Why the ? do you think those Supreme Court descions and congressional budgets were passed which we all know will have such a adverse affect on blacks?

What ideology drives those kinds of descions?

What kind of ideology allows those types of descions to be allowed in this country?

....ill wait

First get the fucck outta here with that 'topic of white supremacy' ? ...that's ridiculous

second I do know the ideology of selectivity is what is hurting ? about these stories... the media loves to make stories like these to people cuz there easy... minorities can say 'look racist ? still exist' and whites can act appalled and say 'see we hate racism too'. But onto the subject of deeper more important decisions that permeate racism...ppl stand idle.

So to your question sterling has been hurtin ppl with racist policies for years... so we shouldve been coming down on him when he slandered blacks to property value realtors and ruined Danny mannings career... not when he tells his side chick that he didn't want he hanging out with ? .
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If I was a player I would have sat my ass down and cited my owner creating a hostile work environment as justifiable cause for me doing so ...

The thing is ..these millionaire ass ? are so ? scared to potentially lose a ? buck as well as losing a couple points with their q rating that the best they could muster up was

I just posted that SI's lawyer just broke this down on the legal ramifications of the players boycotting. You'd have to prove the comments Sterling made away from the workplace had an impact on the actual workplace. If they boycott and that's not proven to be true, just that he's a racist ? away from the environment the players work in, then those players are losing out on more than just a buck. It's the entirety of their contracts. Contrary to popular belief all those players aren't sitting on $100's of millions to be able to take that loss like it's nothing.

But here's that next level:

A white or ? player, escpecially ? , would and have used that 'emotional duress' card not only for the entire workplace, but would have used it as basis to sit out the very next game.

In their defense they didnt have much time to think of this, but what if Chris Paul -who along with Blake and Deandre are probly the onyl ones who could afford their contract voided b/c another team wuld sign them to the same amount---what if they said they legally couldnt play due to their civil liberties being infringed upon by their owner. Sounds crazy and dramatic, but thats the type of cards ? and white people pull! And it works!

But yes, most those players couldnt afford to do it and i wont get into the 'so what, dignity is worth more than that' argument---but CP3, Blake, and deandre definitely could afford it.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So the topic of white supremacy
    in America has been dissected openly and in public forums to such a degree that you feel that it is now "overblown" and should not be discussed on this level ...and if it is discussed ... it's primarily due to the collectives "fake outrage" ....?

Let me ask you this tho.... since this is such a "overblown" topic in your opinion... Why the ? do you think those Supreme Court descions and congressional budgets were passed which we all know will have such a adverse affect on blacks?

What ideology drives those kinds of descions?

What kind of ideology allows those types of descions to be allowed in this country?

....ill wait

First get the fucck outta here with that 'topic of white supremacy' ? ...that's ridiculous
    How is it ridiculous?
    second I do know the ideology of selectivity is what is hurting ? about these stories... the media loves to make stories like these to people cuz there easy... minorities can say 'look racist ? still exist' and whites can act appalled and say 'see we hate racism too'. But onto the subject of deeper more important decisions that permeate racism...ppl stand idle.

So to your question sterling has been hurtin ppl with racist policies for years... so we shouldve been coming down on him when he slandered blacks to property value realtors and ruined Danny mannings career... not when he tells his side chick that he didn't want he hanging out with ? .
    both these paragraphs point to the main problem of White Supremacist ideology *shrug*

Also the media doest "create" racism. It can encourage it. It can make money of of it. BUt racism was around before there was Fox News and CNN man.

I dont see how you think White Supremacy is somehow a media invention and not an American way of thinking.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One could easily ask how he worked for the Clippers for all those years like it was nothing too. Sterling was the owner then too and Baylor worked for him for over 2 decades

Baylor was getting paid 200k a year during his tenure..... while other GMs was getting millions
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need more brothas and sistas on the line.

Yea, those were only reporters on the line, not everyday folks.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Baylor was getting paid 200k a year during his tenure..... while other GMs was getting millions
    Was he responsible for bringing in Blake or CP3? if not then his black ass deserved less.

I understand your core point. But the Clippers were trash...they still trash but now its for a different reason lol
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    I HIGHLY doubt any of you ? talking about what those players should have done or shouldn't have done

would be just as quick to react,and immediately jeopardize you and your family's livelihood and throw it all away
    if you find out the owner of YOUR company,at YOUR "dream" job,that has YOUR wife and kids living a certain standard was caught saying some racial ? in a recorded convo

But not too much for someone that's living in 25-30 million dollar mansion, driving a 100,000 dollars car, sending their kids to 60-70 dollars a semester collage,etc,etc,

Your ass would probably do the same thing they are doing,acknowledge you aren't cool with the ? ,
    then plot,plan and strategize a way to get out of the situation......or better yet GET HIM out of the equation

the assumption is that taking a stand here would ruin their careers and livelihood. thats absurd. its truly a despicable red herring to toss out there. as if their Nike deals would dry up... as if other teams don't want Blake and CP3 and Doc ? Rivers. cut that ? all the ? they way out.
    for the sake of argument, if taking a stand against racism ruins their lives thats another issue to be addressed.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Elgin Baylor ever had to do was be counted "present" during the lottery selection show
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So Doc saying Sterling has tried to speak with him since the tapes came out and he turned down the call and doesn't want to speak with him right now, that he does fully believe it's Sterling on the tape and he's still unsure about whether he's coming back next season or not.

? dont wanna deal with that harsh reality right now ...

"Daaeyys tryin'sta wins da basketballs games"

15x4k7s.jpg

How ya doin suh?

Shoe shine boss?

Lookin mighty fine taday suh!

Oh it sho look like its gon rain taday suh!

Daisy need a ride boss?

Oh wees gon play some good ball taday suh!
  • blackrain
    edited April 2014
    Options

But here's that next level:

A white or ? player, escpecially ? , would and have used that 'emotional duress' card not only for the entire workplace, but would have used it as basis to sit out the very next game.

In their defense they didnt have much time to think of this, but what if Chris Paul -who along with Blake and Deandre are probly the onyl ones who could afford their contract voided b/c another team wuld sign them to the same amount---what if they said they legally couldnt play due to their civil liberties being infringed upon by their owner. Sounds crazy and dramatic, but thats the type of cards ? and white people pull! And it works!

But yes, most those players couldnt afford to do it and i wont get into the 'so what, dignity is worth more than that' argument---but CP3, Blake, and deandre definitely could afford it.

Nah it would have presented the same issue because of where the comments were said. He said this ? at the Clippers office then hell yeah it's easy to connect it. Just like they were pretty much able to show how his racist attitudes connected to how he ran his real estate properties it'd have to be proven those comments directly connected to how he ran the team. Even for a ? person it wouldn't be that easy. As far as CP3, Blake, and DeAndre being able to afford their contracts. CP3 and Blake both got contracts near or above $100 million. Neither one of them got that much in the bank to pay out if they boycott, get taken to court, and then are found liable for the remainder of their contract. They could afford a void and to move on to another team, but pretty much buying your own contract out at $95 million for Blake Griffin and over $100 million for Chris Paul? They not that paid off basketball
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

Then maybe they should learn how to properly invest/spend their money... You want me to give a ? pass because because he is financial irresponsible lmao...come on ? ? Are you really trying to say woe is me I got a Ferrari to maintain??? Please tell me I'm missing something PLEASE lol....If you have millions of dollars and you not smart enough to know how to make that money work for you (especially in today's age) then you dont deserve it period. These ? ain't see ESPN BROKE huh lol
  • blackrain
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Yup and his ass kept coming back. Coaches having to sue the team for not being paid and yet Baylor kept coming back. He gets no pass on this ?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/donald-sterling-registered-republican
    Conservatives Called Him A Democrat, But Sterling Is Registered Republican

Over the weekend, while nation-wide attention was focused on the racist comments reportedly made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, some conservative commentators were focused on something else: Sterling's party affiliation.

Specifically, certain conservatives were taking the media to task for supposedly ignoring Sterling's ties to the Democratic Party. But a bit of context was missing. Sterling is a registered Republican.

A search of The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder's website using Sterling's name, date of birth, and address turns up a Republican registration
    , and the registrar-recorder's office confirmed the information to TPM on Monday.

obu5ytxuvxofb52aw3da.jpg

(Search result on Monday for Donald Sterling's voter registration.)

Conservatives -- including Matt Drudge, The National Review, and The Daily Caller -- have taken time since the Sterling story broke to describe him as a Democrat or point to Sterling's past contributions to Democratic politicians.

Sterling has given money to Democrats, though his most recent donations appear to have taken place more than a decade ago. According to the Center For Responsive Politics, those donations include $2,000 to then-Sen. Bill Bradley (D-NJ) in 1989, $1,000 to future California Gov. Gray Davis (D) in 1991, and $1,000 to Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) in 1991. Records kept by the National Institute on Money in State Politics also indicate that Sterling gave another $5,000 to Davis in 2002.

By Monday afternoon, The National Review had updated its piece on Sterling's political ties. The correction read as follows:

"An earlier version of this post identified Sterling as a Democrat. Although his political donations appear to have been exclusively to Democrats, his official party affiliation is not known. A Clippers did not respond to requests for his present political affiliation."

Wow.. Another racist turns out to be Rupbulican.. "Again, it’s not that all Republicans are racist, it’s that most racists are Republicans."- Bill Mahr...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Owners have a punch clock?

When the ? are they not the acting face of the franchise? ...

Lol

When are they not "on the job" ...real question tho ..

That's like saying ...well ..the president said ? all the Jews .... but it was at his homies personal backyard bbq so it don't count doe!

Additionally ..There's around 12-15 ? on that team ...some of the best basketball players in the WORLD are on that team.. If those contracts were voided I find it very hard to believe that they wouldn't all have new ones on the table from another team tmmrw ... ? another owner probably would sign them ? just for the positive press alone .... so I'm not really feeling that Arguement ... ? just scary blood
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if all this is to take the attention off of George Zimmerman?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Real dude role call so far...
    Billups, Van Gundy, Kenny Smith, etc...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say what you want about David Stern, but he woulda done some ? by now.

Also, these comments are the Jose Canseco of basketball. Meaning they just brought to public attention ? that the league already knew, but now can no longer ignore or sweep under the rug. ? is quite interesting.

They BEEN knew how Sterling got down.
This discussion has been closed.