Clippers Owner Donald Sterling To GirlFriend - Don't Bring Black People To My Games (AUDIO/PIX)

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Mayweather coonin

How?

By saying he never experienced racist or heard Sterling say bigoted statements?

He heard it on that tape

Let Kobe say some ? ? like this you ? would be up in arms
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper is right on this one.

Him saying Sterling treating him with respect is one thing, but him saying he has nothing negative to say after hearing that tape is pretty ridiculous.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Mayweather on Donald Sterling
    "Donald Sterling, he's been getting a lot of negative press and my thing is this -- I don't have nothing negative to say about this guy," Mayweather said. "He's always treated me with the utmost respect. He has always invited me to games, always. Has always told me, 'Floyd, I want you to sit right next to me and my wife.' I don't know about the [alleged] mistress. But I'm talking about him and the wife."

You ? love this ?

I hope maidana knocks his ass out
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DonPePe wrote: »
    "Donald Sterling, he's been getting a lot of negative press and my thing is this -- I don't have nothing negative to say about this guy," Mayweather said. "He's always treated me with the utmost respect. He has always invited me to games, always. Has always told me, 'Floyd, I want you to sit right next to me and my wife.' I don't know about the [alleged] mistress. But I'm talking about him and the wife."

You ? love this ?

he wont tho...

But that was some serious boot licking by Floyd....
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my life/career (and I'm sure yours also)

I'm sure we all have unwittingly shook hands,made "small talk" and even did business with (undercover) ? .
    racists. Where you hear,but never actually experience or witness the ? for self .........

Once that individual was uncovered you'd have "nothing negative to say about him" ..?

Other than call him a bigoted racist and cut off ties.

What more is a person suppose to do?

Lie and claim they also personally seen and experienced racism with that person???

Than a person would REALLY catch Hell,right?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DonPePe wrote: »

You ? love this ?

That fight is going to look a lot like his Devon alexander fight lol
  • a.mann
    Options
    If you never personally experienced or seen ? for yourself
    and you say the guy always treated YOU with respect & dignity that is NOT cooning

You ARE just merely relating YOUR experience.

Not sure why this isn't computing.....
  • Copper
    Options
    and you say the guy always treated YOU with respect & dignity that is NOT cooning

You treated magic even better...magic said he considered him a friend since 81'
    But look at magics response compared to Floyd
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand where Floyd is coming from , I got white folks, I have good relationships with.

IF something like this Were to come out about them, I would be a lil shocked ,disappointed and hurt .that somebody who is so positive in my face, have so much negative views about people like Me & ultimatley me.

giving the details, of not only what Sterling said,but what he did to black people.
    Floyd Mayweather, came Off as if" ? no treat me bad, ? , treat me good, he treat them other ? bad".

I dont think imma be buying his ppv.black people enable ?
  • a.mann
    Options

Because Magic knew him longer
    Magic would be outrage and hurt the most.

• a.mann
    Options
    Try to take out the racial aspect for a second. Focus..this can done.

Look it from a cat around the way, you cool with that turn out to be a snake ? ? , that did your peeps wrong

One of your boys come to you with the "incriminating evidence"

Your reaction:
    "Damn,that's ? up! ? I heard ? hear & there but the dude always showed me love& respect ...."
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because Magic knew him longer
    Magic would be outrage and hurt the most.

Exactly when Magic became friends with Donald in 1981 Floyd mayweather was only 4 years old.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my life/career (and I'm sure yours also)

I'm sure we all have unwittingly shook hands,made "small talk" and even did business with (undercover) ? .
    racists. Where you hear,but never actually experience or witness the ? for self .........

Once that individual was uncovered you'd have "nothing negative to say about him" ..?

Other than call him a bigoted racist and cut off ties.

What more is a person suppose to do?

Lie and claim they also personally seen and experienced racism with that person???

Than a person would REALLY catch Hell,right?

Yeah ...you didn't answer the question my dude.

furthermore I don't really get what point you're trying to make ... the claim was that Floyd made a coonish statement by not acknowledging the fact that regardless of however he may have personally been treated by sterling ...his actions in this particular case were certainly worthy of "saying something negative" about him ..

For Floyd to take the contrarian approach to that train of thought is most definately mind boggling at the very least ... for him to then go into some quasi defense of sterlings civility in light of what has happened over these past few days cant be described as anything less than catastrophically idiotic ....and just down right coonish
  • Copper
    Options
    Of course sterling treated rich black people with respect in their presence.
    The thing is how he treated the black people staying in his apartments and how he talked about all blacks in private.... we know the answer to those questions.
    My ex boss was a rich white man with nice things to say in my presence but I know for a fact his ass carry racist views...and regardless of if he said something directly to me or not I'd speak out on it without a shadow of a doubt
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't think anyone has a problem with Floyd saying that Sterling treated him with respect. The problem is with his "he's still A-ok with me" sentiment in the face of proof that Sterling is an unrepentant racist.
  • Copper
    Options

Look it from a cat around the way, you cool with that turn out to be a snake ? ? , that did your peeps wrong

Your reaction:
    "Damn,that's ? up! ? I heard ? hear & there but the dude always showed me love& respect ...."

Can't take the racial aspect out of it bc he made blanket statements about an entire race....doing a ? deed only offends the victim
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your reaction:

exactly, I would have been shocked and disgusted . I would highlight that, I DIDNT SEE IT COMING , BECAUSE we always had a good relationship .
    Floyd Mayweather didn't display the "That's f***** up "part. That's bolded. it was as if it was as if it was disconnect.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

Smh u are really trying to insult my intelligence or u don't understand what u are talking about

Bruh these things didnt happen in a vacuum

U can't talk about financial literacy and wealth stagnation on a macro level within the blk community without putting these issues into the proper context

And all signs point to racism

Unless u just believe blk people as a collective are just intellectually inferior to other races....its either that or you are indeed naive

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I specifically said that your right that the foundation of why blacks are lagging behind whites is due to racism.

But that's not what our discussion was about. Our discussion was about why wealth in the black community hasn't grown significantly since the 60s. We all agree that a major reason for that is ongoing racism. I just said there are other reasons. I gave an example of the fact that a lot of Blacks are still in a "growing pains" type of position where they are just now learning to deal with wealth and are making mistakes in that regard and that's part of why blacks are making more money but aren't building more wealth. It has nothing to do with how we compare to whites intellectually because they likely made many of the same mistakes before building their wealth. They just got an earlier start due to white privilege as you've pointed out. Again, that's relevant to why we are lagging behind them. That's not relevant to explaining why our community itself hasn't made any progress in wealth despite making progress in financial viability.

But it is relevant....

Racism, discriminatory practices are still prevalent in the labor, housing and finance industry.....

And just because there are a few more blk millionaires than there were in the 60s doesnt mean a thing if they were born into a legacy of financial illiteracy thanks to racism

Smh ....ok im done
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2014
    Options
    But it is relevant....

Racism, discriminatory practices are still prevalent in the labor, housing and finance industry.....

And just because there are a few more blk millionaires than there were in the 60s doesnt mean a thing if they were born into a legacy of financial illiteracy thanks to racism

Smh ....ok im done

I have said nothing contradictory to any of that. Again, whether or not racism still exists and is part of the wealth gap in this country was not being argued. We all agree that's the case. I was only stating that we as black people are really just getting to a level where we're making real money and are still learning how to handle it responsibly. You can't blame every mistake that's made in the process of learning on racism because every group goes through that even whites.

You're basically arguing as if I said that racism is not relevant to explaining why we having progressed from a wealth standpoint. That's not what I said. I said the disparity in wealth between blacks and whites isn't relevant. Them being ahead of us doesn't stop us from making progress too.
  • a.mann
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't think anyone has a problem with Floyd saying that Sterling treated him with respect. The problem is with his "he's still A-ok with me" sentiment in the face of proof that Sterling is an unrepentant racist.

Here's what really need to be understood.

The Black community IS NOT monolithic

None of us are obligated to think,feel or react the same way.

When Obama was first elected I didn't look any of my friends and go:

Oh,you not gon jump up for joy.....at least give a nod of approval?!

And it's really not about money, right now there's a black dude "around the way" that doesn't give a ? about Sterling or what what did and said...........

• Copper
    Options
    Amann Floyd is free to voice his opinion and where damn sure free to have our opinion about Floyd and his opinion
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

And it's really not about money, right now there's a black dude "around the way" that doesn't give a ? about Sterling or what what did and said...........

Ok, what's your point? Floyd is free to think whatever he want's that's true. And people on this site are free to think he's a ? for knowing Sterling is a racist but still being down for him.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

That black dude around the way doesn't have a platform. He may be able to speak his mind, but that doesn't mean that what he's saying isn't some dumb ? . Him saying racist ? doesn't affect him doesn't change the fact that it affects his people regardless of his feelings about it. It yes, it does affect him regardless of his perception.
  • a.mann
    Options
    Considering his position and popularity....

Would I like for Floyd and other Black cats of his status say and react to situation like this the way I would

Sure.

But I understand and accept the fact they are not obligated to do that.

You can't forced ? to be JUST as ? off about ? like this as much you are.........
    whether they be millionaires,"thousandaires" "hundredaires",or ? cats on the corner

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    floyd and all these other ? ? look real weak and stupid quasi defending a man who has shown that he doesn't respect them despite his smiling in their faces.
    ol "he likes me tho" ass ? ... disgusting.
This discussion has been closed.