Boko Harem terror group kidnaps MORE Nigerian girls, leader says Islam allows him to sell the girls

Options

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That is all I'm willing to give to you, unless I notice a change of heart aka repentance

Matthew 7:6 NLT

“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

^^^I'm sure many readers notice this in those who attack our faith on here. Especially kats like @zombie. Attacks your belief then always follows it up attacking you directly. Lol.... we see you...
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Well I'm not atheist for the record but I don't believe in the Biblical ? , I personally believe there are multiple gods out there but I don't know for sure, I lean agnostic some days. But I lean towards there being multiple gods, assuming there are any (maybe the gods are dead, again, who knows)

As far as that Hebrews passage, it sounds very contradictory to what so many other parts of the Bible say. Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the old laws but only to fulfill it. But I didn't really make this thread to speak about Christianity, I dislike pretty much all Abrahamic religions, too much evil in them for my taste. But I respect your opinion

Ok... You are being respectful, I dig it.... I understand your gripes... I had these too as well as many others that dug and dug for truth.....

Can you provide the definition of fulfill please.. And tell me what you think Jesus meant when He said He came to fulfill the Law..... Many nonbelievers focus on the "not to destroy the Law" part and take it out of context... By not understanding what it means to fulfill the Law...

The Law is filled with prophecies.... That is was Jesus fulfilled... Again, look up what fulfill means... When Jesus died, He said "It is finished"... Do you know what finished means...? I'm not trying to insult you, just you have to really pay attention and sincerely try to understand the Word in order to get it....

Nothing in the new covenant is evil... The whole point of Jesus msg is Have faith in the ? of Abraham can rise one from the dead and will avenge you and love your neighbor as yourself (even your hater/enemy)...... How is this evil...... Please post an evil commandment out of the new covenant...... And stay out of revelation because that sums of the whole bible and if you don't understand even these things you have no idea what is going on in the Revelation....
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    I posted mobile and I don't feel like fixing spelling and grammatical errors right now BTW..
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Well I'm not atheist for the record but I don't believe in the Biblical ? , I personally believe there are multiple gods out there but I don't know for sure, I lean agnostic some days. But I lean towards there being multiple gods, assuming there are any (maybe the gods are dead, again, who knows)

As far as that Hebrews passage, it sounds very contradictory to what so many other parts of the Bible say. Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the old laws but only to fulfill it. But I didn't really make this thread to speak about Christianity, I dislike pretty much all Abrahamic religions, too much evil in them for my taste. But I respect your opinion

Ok... You are being respectful, I dig it.... I understand your gripes... I had these too as well as many others that dug and dug for truth.....

Can you provide the definition of fulfill please.. And tell me what you think Jesus meant when He said He came to fulfill the Law..... Many nonbelievers focus on the "not to destroy the Law" part and take it out of context... By not understanding what it means to fulfill the Law...

The Law is filled with prophecies.... That is was Jesus fulfilled... Again, look up what fulfill means... When Jesus died, He said "It is finished"... Do you know what finished means...? I'm not trying to insult you, just you have to really pay attention and sincerely try to understand the Word in order to get it....

Nothing in the new covenant is evil... The whole point of Jesus msg is Have faith in the ? of Abraham can rise one from the dead and will avenge you and love your neighbor as yourself (even your hater/enemy)...... How is this evil...... Please post an evil commandment out of the new covenant...... And stay out of revelation because that sums of the whole bible and if you don't understand even these things you have no idea what is going on in the Revelation....

I promised myself to no longer discuss religion here but ? it, I'll give this another go around....

When Jesus said he did not come to destroy the old laws but to fulfill them, it means what it says. Unless Jesus was just chucking and jiving when speaking to the rabbis? Or better yet lying? It's interesting that nowhere in the New Testament is slavery criticized and told is evil. The Old Testament supports it, even against innocent people just because they are non-Jewish. Jewish slaves could be freed after 5 years, and the New Testament does not criticize those passages at all. It just says slaves should always be faithful to their masters lol. That's sick.

And Revelations is part of the New Testament, and in Revelations, it shows that in end times ? will be so angry at the world he'll basically burn everyone alive LOL COME ON MAN, REALLY? This is the ? you want me to worship ?? Your Bible ? wants to get his Adolf ? and Christopher Columbus on just because many humans don't give a ? about his rules. And we wonder why so many Christians and Muslims throughout history have been so outrageously violent and evil throughout history. The credibility of religion in modern societies is as low as I remember, and for good reason.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    On very positive news, reports show that 53 of the girls have officially escaped and have been named by the Nigerian govt....sadly though, some of the girls will be stigmatized because of this and 276 girls are still missing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/09/nigeria-identifies-girls_n_5294852.html

BAUCHI, Nigeria (AP) — The government of a Nigerian state identified 53 girls who escaped a mass kidnapping by Islamic militants, potentially subjecting the girls to stigma in this conservative society.

Some 276 girls remain missing, and U.S. officials and agents are arriving in Nigeria to help the Nigerian government, which has been widely criticized for not doing enough to find the girls.

The government of Borno state, where Chibok is located, said in a statement received Friday that the 53 girls it identified by name include those who fled the day they were kidnapped and those who escaped from Boko Haram camps days later.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That is all I'm willing to give to you, unless I notice a change of heart aka repentance

“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

^^^I'm sure many readers notice this in those who attack our faith on here. Especially kats like @zombie. Attacks your belief then always follows it up attacking you directly. Lol.... we see you...

I have never attacked @kingblaze84 personally because he does not say dumb ? and get mad when you expose him for saying dumb ? Unlike you and your hewbrew cult.

He does however have the wrong idea about how the nt feels about slavery. He also does not understand what fulfillment of the ot means.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

I have never attacked @kingblaze84 personally because he does not say dumb ? and get mad when you expose him for saying dumb ? Unlike you and your hewbrew cult.

Thank you for proving me right.

And it's funny, you respect a basher of the LORD, but attack and insult those who believe in the Word.

I think I have done enough here
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rex is vehemently opposed to U. S. military intervention in foreign nations These Boko Harem muthafuckas are in violation of Articles 3 and 4 the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights which state,

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person

Article 4.

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

As a matter of a general principle there needs to be a emergency meeting of the Security Council and the military's of the word need to ban together, go to Nigeria, find these poor girls, then summarily execute the leaders of this organization and send everybody else that's down with this organization to The Hauge to stand trial for crimes against humanity. I would also support the U. S. acting unilaterally in instance. Being as bold as to say that you're going to sell girls off to be married and have ? knows what happen to them is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE in the 21st Century.
    Just curious, what does the Brother Minister Farrakahan and the world's good peaceful," Muslims have to say about inexcusable ? . What I find strange is that whenever somebody does something ? up in the name of Islam, no Islamic group ever comes out and denounces the action. Really though, how can the world's Muslims co-sign the kidnapping and the selling of somebody else's daughter?? is not only a really bad look on Islam, but black people as a whole.

cosign the underline

italicized: NOI is not orthodox Muslim and not even the majority of black Muslims in the US are NOI

underlined/italicized: false

a quick Google search will show you the numerous Muslim groups around the world denouncing them. You guys really fell for the government telling you how all Muslims are bad huh. smh
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Thank you for proving me right.

And it's funny, you respect a basher of the LORD, but attack and insult those who believe in the Word.

I think I have done enough here

I would rather respect some one who says what they say in ignorance than someone who is willfully twisting scripture and history to fit his faulty ideology.

And ignores science, reason and logic and worse of all common sense.
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On very positive news, reports show that 53 of the girls have officially escaped and have been named by the Nigerian govt....sadly though, some of the girls will be stigmatized because of this and 276 girls are still missing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/09/nigeria-identifies-girls_n_5294852.html

BAUCHI, Nigeria (AP) — The government of a Nigerian state identified 53 girls who escaped a mass kidnapping by Islamic militants, potentially subjecting the girls to stigma in this conservative society.

Some 276 girls remain missing, and U.S. officials and agents are arriving in Nigeria to help the Nigerian government, which has been widely criticized for not doing enough to find the girls.

The government of Borno state, where Chibok is located, said in a statement received Friday that the 53 girls it identified by name include those who fled the day they were kidnapped and those who escaped from Boko Haram camps days later.

We will see how this is gonna play out..as long as the girls are found, no complains. And to think Nigeria is one of the more stabilized countries in Africa. smh
    What's the deal with the government??? I mean its nearly 300 young girls missing smh
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Free_Life wrote: »

We will see how this is gonna play out..as long as the girls are found, no complains. And to think Nigeria is one of the more stabilized countries in Africa. smh
    What's the deal with the government??? I mean its nearly 300 young girls missing smh

Yeah I'm so stunned learning about all this because just 2 months ago or a month ago, Nigeria was declared the most powerful nation in Africa with the highest GDP in Africa. How can a nation like that be so helpless against a two bit terror group, with a leader who sounds like he's on drugs or ? ? As Africans who have visited Nigeria tell me, it's a large, powerful country without organization. It's obvious the Nigerian govt isn't paying its soldiers very well either, Boko Harem moves around the Nigerian govt almost like they aren't even there....Nigeria may not be the powerful nation we imagined it to be, sadly
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah I'm so stunned learning about all this because just 2 months ago or a month ago, Nigeria was declared the most powerful nation in Africa with the highest GDP in Africa.
    i don't remember them getting called "most powerful" as much as being the country taking over South Africa's position as the most powerful economy in Africa. but it seems an inability to project force/government authority is something they have never remedied. blame corruption; seems like a likely explanation.

unrelated note: man do i hate all this #bringbackourgirls slacktivism. "oh, people are making sad faces on the internet somewhere? release the prisoners immediately!"

• kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Yeah I'm so stunned learning about all this because just 2 months ago or a month ago, Nigeria was declared the most powerful nation in Africa with the highest GDP in Africa.
    i don't remember them getting called "most powerful" as much as being the country taking over South Africa's position as the most powerful economy in Africa. but it seems an inability to project force/government authority is something they have never remedied. blame corruption; seems like a likely explanation.

unrelated note: man do i hate all this #bringbackourgirls slacktivism. "oh, people are making sad faces on the internet somewhere? release the prisoners immediately!"

Corruption and disorganization are serious threats to Nigerian govt power. It can barely protect its own people.

And I don't see anything wrong with the Brick Back Our Girls picture campaign. They want to show solidarity with the girls, there's not too many other ways to show solidarity at the moment, unless I'm being lazy with ideas
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Muslims always are scared to debate me in religious conversations for some reason. I give Christians credit, they aren't afraid to debate me. But Muslims, IDK. They know I have the ammo and they'd rather not pay attention to it. I don't expect any Muslim to debate me here, which is a shame because as long as Muslims don't defend themselves much to the American people, there's always going to be a huge amount of disrespect shown towards Islam from the American public at large.
    honestly, i was actually talking about Abubakar Shekau

Yeah it seems if those that hate Islam wanted a perfect person to ridicule, it would be that guy. It seems he wanted to turn himself into the PERFECT caricature of a dumb, evil Islamist, and bring it to the silver screen. Amazing ? ....the world will cheer when Nigerian govt or any govt puts a bullet in his brain (I hope worse happens)
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Very interesting article from a Nigerian woman who doesn't want American help in Nigeria....she feels America has been very imperialistic in Africa lately.....not sure what to think about it but she has some good points....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jumoke-balogun/hashtags-wont-bringbackourgirls_b_5292312.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Dear Americans, Your Hashtags Won't #BringBackOurGirls; You Might Actually Be Making Things Worse

Simple question. Are you Nigerian? Do you have constitutional rights accorded to Nigerians to participate in their democratic process? If not, I have news for you. You can't do anything about the girls missing in Nigeria. You can't. Your insistence on urging American power, specifically American military power, to address this issue will ultimately hurt the people of Nigeria.

It heartens me that you've taken up the mantle of spreading "awareness" about the 200+ girls who were abducted from their school in Chibok; it heartens me that you've heard the cries of mothers and fathers who go yet another day without their child. It's nice that you care.

Here's the thing though. When you pressure Western powers, particularly the American government, to get involved in African affairs, and when you champion military intervention, you become part of a much larger problem. You become a complicit participant in a military expansionist agenda on the continent of Africa. This is not good.

You might not know this, but the United States military loves your hashtags because it gives them legitimacy to encroach and grow their military presence in Africa. AFRICOM (United States Africa Command), the military body that is responsible for overseeing US military operations across Africa, gained much from #KONY2012 and will now gain even more from #BringBackOurGirls.

Last year, before President Obama visited several countries in Africa, I wrote about how the U.S. military is expanding its role in Africa. In 2013 alone, AFRICOM carried out a total of 546 "military activities," which is an average of one and half military missions a day. While we don't know much about the purpose of these activities, keep in mind that AFRICOM's mission is to "advance U.S. national security interests."

And advancing they are. According to one report, in 2013, American troops entered and advanced American interests in Niger, Uganda, Ghana, Malawi, Burundi, Mauritania, South Africa, Chad, Togo, Cameroon, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Lesotho, Ethiopia, Tanzania and South Sudan.

The U.S. military conducted 128 separate "military activities" in 28 African countries between June and December of 2013. These are in conjunction to U.S. led drone operations which are occurring in Northern Nigeria and Somalia. There are also counter-terrorism outposts in Djibouti and Niger and covert bases in Ethiopia and the Seychelles which are serving as launching pads for the U.S. military to carry out surveillance and armed drone strikes.

Although most of these activities are covert, we do know that the U.S. military has had a destabilizing effect in a few countries. For example, a New York Times article confirmed that the man who overthrew the elected Malian government in 2012 was trained and mentored by the United States between 2004 and 2010. Further, a U.S. trained battalion in the Democratic Republic of Congo was denounced by the United Nations for committing mass rapes.

Now the United States is gaining more ground in Africa by sending military advisors and more drones -- sorry, I mean security personnel and assets -- to assist the Nigerian military who, by the way, have a history of committing mass atrocities against the Nigerian people.

Knowing this, you can understand my apprehension for President Obama's decision. As the Nigerian-American writer Teju Cole said yesterday, the involvement of the U.S. government and military will only lead to more militarism, less oversight and less democracy.

Also, the last time military advisors were sent to Africa, they didn't do much good. Remember #KONY2012? When President Obama sent 100 combat-equipped troops to capture or ? Lord's Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony in Central Africa? Well, they haven't found him and although they momentarily stopped looking, President Obama sent more troops in March 2014 who now roam Uganda, Central African Republic, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Consequently, your calls for the United States to get involved in this crisis undermines the democratic process in Nigeria and co-opts the growing movement against the inept and kleptocratic Jonathan administration. It was Nigerians who took their good-for-nothing President to task and challenged him to address the plight of the missing girls. It is in their hands to seek justice for these girls and to ensure that the Nigerian government is held accountable. Your emphasis on U.S. action does more harm to the people you are supposedly trying to help and it only expands and sustains U.S. military might.

If you must do something, learn more about the amazing activists and journalists like this one, this one and this one just to name a few, who have risked arrests and their lives as they challenge the Nigerian government to do better for its people within the democratic process. If you must tweet, tweet to support and embolden them, don't direct your calls to action to the United States government who seeks to only embolden American militarism. Don't join the American government and military in co-opting this movement started and sustained by Nigerians.

--What do ya'll think about this? It's a long read but I didn't know America was doing so much military activity in Africa
  • kingblaze84
    Options
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very interesting article from a Nigerian woman who doesn't want American help in Nigeria....she feels America has been very imperialistic in Africa lately.....not sure what to think about it but she has some good points....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jumoke-balogun/hashtags-wont-bringbackourgirls_b_5292312.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Dear Americans, Your Hashtags Won't #BringBackOurGirls; You Might Actually Be Making Things Worse

Simple question. Are you Nigerian? Do you have constitutional rights accorded to Nigerians to participate in their democratic process? If not, I have news for you. You can't do anything about the girls missing in Nigeria. You can't. Your insistence on urging American power, specifically American military power, to address this issue will ultimately hurt the people of Nigeria.

It heartens me that you've taken up the mantle of spreading "awareness" about the 200+ girls who were abducted from their school in Chibok; it heartens me that you've heard the cries of mothers and fathers who go yet another day without their child. It's nice that you care.

Here's the thing though. When you pressure Western powers, particularly the American government, to get involved in African affairs, and when you champion military intervention, you become part of a much larger problem. You become a complicit participant in a military expansionist agenda on the continent of Africa. This is not good.

You might not know this, but the United States military loves your hashtags because it gives them legitimacy to encroach and grow their military presence in Africa. AFRICOM (United States Africa Command), the military body that is responsible for overseeing US military operations across Africa, gained much from #KONY2012 and will now gain even more from #BringBackOurGirls.

Last year, before President Obama visited several countries in Africa, I wrote about how the U.S. military is expanding its role in Africa. In 2013 alone, AFRICOM carried out a total of 546 "military activities," which is an average of one and half military missions a day. While we don't know much about the purpose of these activities, keep in mind that AFRICOM's mission is to "advance U.S. national security interests."

And advancing they are. According to one report, in 2013, American troops entered and advanced American interests in Niger, Uganda, Ghana, Malawi, Burundi, Mauritania, South Africa, Chad, Togo, Cameroon, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Lesotho, Ethiopia, Tanzania and South Sudan.

The U.S. military conducted 128 separate "military activities" in 28 African countries between June and December of 2013. These are in conjunction to U.S. led drone operations which are occurring in Northern Nigeria and Somalia. There are also counter-terrorism outposts in Djibouti and Niger and covert bases in Ethiopia and the Seychelles which are serving as launching pads for the U.S. military to carry out surveillance and armed drone strikes.

Although most of these activities are covert, we do know that the U.S. military has had a destabilizing effect in a few countries. For example, a New York Times article confirmed that the man who overthrew the elected Malian government in 2012 was trained and mentored by the United States between 2004 and 2010. Further, a U.S. trained battalion in the Democratic Republic of Congo was denounced by the United Nations for committing mass rapes.

Now the United States is gaining more ground in Africa by sending military advisors and more drones -- sorry, I mean security personnel and assets -- to assist the Nigerian military who, by the way, have a history of committing mass atrocities against the Nigerian people.

Knowing this, you can understand my apprehension for President Obama's decision. As the Nigerian-American writer Teju Cole said yesterday, the involvement of the U.S. government and military will only lead to more militarism, less oversight and less democracy.

Also, the last time military advisors were sent to Africa, they didn't do much good. Remember #KONY2012? When President Obama sent 100 combat-equipped troops to capture or ? Lord's Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony in Central Africa? Well, they haven't found him and although they momentarily stopped looking, President Obama sent more troops in March 2014 who now roam Uganda, Central African Republic, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Consequently, your calls for the United States to get involved in this crisis undermines the democratic process in Nigeria and co-opts the growing movement against the inept and kleptocratic Jonathan administration. It was Nigerians who took their good-for-nothing President to task and challenged him to address the plight of the missing girls. It is in their hands to seek justice for these girls and to ensure that the Nigerian government is held accountable. Your emphasis on U.S. action does more harm to the people you are supposedly trying to help and it only expands and sustains U.S. military might.

If you must do something, learn more about the amazing activists and journalists like this one, this one and this one just to name a few, who have risked arrests and their lives as they challenge the Nigerian government to do better for its people within the democratic process. If you must tweet, tweet to support and embolden them, don't direct your calls to action to the United States government who seeks to only embolden American militarism. Don't join the American government and military in co-opting this movement started and sustained by Nigerians.

--What do ya'll think about this? It's a long read but I didn't know America was doing so much military activity in Africa

I mentioned in GnS how this whole thing was a perfect storm. A perfect way to legitimize the US to get another secured and unchecked movement in Nigeria. It's pretty much the same script Bush ran with to wage war in the middle east after 9/11. They could easily rehash the "war on terror" machine and spend the next 10 years doing who knows what for their own benefits in Africa.

As Chris Rock once said, The USA is a country that shows up in another country to help and then stays there.

I'd say Nigerians are smart to be concerned bout the US showing up.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    And I don't see anything wrong with the Brick Back Our Girls picture campaign. They want to show solidarity with the girls, there's not too many other ways to show solidarity at the moment, unless I'm being lazy with ideas
    it's not that there's some horrible problem with it. it's that i find it ridiculous that Americans being upset about it manifests in people saying "let's use a hashtag and post sad faces about it to draw awareness to it" and then feeling like they've Done Something

damn Americans
    Yeah it seems if those that hate Islam wanted a perfect person to ridicule, it would be that guy. It seems he wanted to turn himself into the PERFECT caricature of a dumb, evil Islamist, and bring it to the silver screen.
    exactly. it would only be better if he tied all these girls to railroad tracks and then twirled his mustache.

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dear bitter ? ,

Is your child missing? Was your child kidnapped and sold off to be 'married' and has probably been ? multiple times since then? What do you care who helps as long as someone is helping?

#USAAndWesternPowersHelpUsBringBackOurGirlsBecauseOurGovtAintShit

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not like Nigeria needed outside help to ? the situation up.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    isn't obvious that Nigeria need help or this wouldn't have happen in the first place. Why doesn't South Africa take more charge over Africa affairs maybe that would help.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Ironically this terrorist group has tires with Al-CIAda
  • Black Boy King
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Boko1ipad_635x250_1399889082.gif.jpg

the leader looks like andre 3000 or black thought