Boko Harem terror group kidnaps MORE Nigerian girls, leader says Islam allows him to sell the girls

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Ironically this terrorist group has ties with Al-CIAda

I've heard some say this, when you say Al-CIAda, do you mean the CIA is helping Al-Qaeda by creating or sponsoring a boogeyman for money or that Al-Qaeda is basically a creation of the CIA?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Very interesting article from a Nigerian woman who doesn't want American help in Nigeria....she feels America has been very imperialistic in Africa lately.....not sure what to think about it but she has some good points....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jumoke-balogun/hashtags-wont-bringbackourgirls_b_5292312.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Dear Americans, Your Hashtags Won't #BringBackOurGirls; You Might Actually Be Making Things Worse

Simple question. Are you Nigerian? Do you have constitutional rights accorded to Nigerians to participate in their democratic process? If not, I have news for you. You can't do anything about the girls missing in Nigeria. You can't. Your insistence on urging American power, specifically American military power, to address this issue will ultimately hurt the people of Nigeria.

--What do ya'll think about this? It's a long read but I didn't know America was doing so much military activity in Africa

Dear bitter ? ,

Is your child missing? Was your child kidnapped and sold off to be 'married' and has probably been ? multiple times since then? What do you care who helps as long as someone is helping?

#USAAndWesternPowersHelpUsBringBackOurGirlsBecauseOurGovtAintShit

LOL I feel you, any help should be welcome at this point. Nigeria has a very weak govt that can't even protect its own people. I do hope though that America doesn't use Boko Harem as an excuse to go crazy killing people all over Africa. Although if they ? lots of Boko Haram members and other Muslim terror groups, I wouldn't mind
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Boko Haram losers offer to swap kidnapped girls for Boko Haram prisoners who are locked up in Nigeria.....

http://news.yahoo.com/nigerias-boko-haram-offers-swap-kidnapped-girls-prisoners-104833917.html

By Lanre Ola

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (Reuters) - The leader of the Nigerian Islamist rebel group Boko Haram has offered to release more than 200 schoolgirls abducted by his fighters last month in exchange for prisoners, according to a video seen on YouTube.

About 100 girls wearing full veils and praying are shown in an undisclosed location in the 17-minute video in which Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau speaks.

Boko Haram militants, who are fighting for an Islamist state, stormed a secondary school in the northeastern village of Chibok on April 14 and seized 276 girls who were taking exams. Some managed to escape but about 200 remain missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ci-L8PNEhPs

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Ironically this terrorist group has ties with Al-CIAda

I've heard some say this, when you say Al-CIAda, do you mean the CIA is helping Al-Qaeda by creating or sponsoring a boogeyman for money or that Al-Qaeda is basically a creation of the CIA?

It's been said that the CIA funded and supported al-qaeda when they were fighting against the russians back in the day. Guns, training, and etc.

Questions have been raised on how Boko is able to obtain armored vehicles and tanks. Million dollar artillery in their possession is suspect in some eyes.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    It's been said that the CIA funded and supported al-qaeda when they were fighting against the russians back in the day. Guns, training, and etc.
    people do SAY a lot of things. but that one there seems a little ... unsubstantiated. usually starts with it being unnecessary.

• kzzl
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    people do SAY a lot of things. but that one there seems a little ... unsubstantiated. usually starts with it being unnecessary.

If we could substantiate it, the CIA ain't doing they job right. You'll be waiting forever if you're expecting to see emails, signatures, and hard concrete evidence. But there are numerous reports on the past relations of the two groups out there.

I know the book, "License To ? ", touches on it briefly when the author interviews a retired agent.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqn0bm4E9yw
  • kingblaze84
    Options

If we could substantiate it, the CIA ain't doing they job right. You'll be waiting forever if you're expecting to see emails, signatures, and hard concrete evidence. But there are numerous reports on the past relations of the two groups out there.

I know the book, "License To ? ", touches on it briefly when the author interviews a retired agent.

Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqn0bm4E9yw

Great post. Straight from the horse's mouth, Senator Hilary Clinton admits what most people by now already know, America funded the mujahadeen that eventually turned into Al-Qaeda. I wonder how many other terror groups America has accidentally helped create
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Great news that shows there really is hope in Nigeria....armed vigilantes are now taking the fight to Boko Haram. They prevented another massacre and enslavement just today....

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-vigilantes-? -islamic-militants-131633401.html

Nigeria vigilantes ? Islamic militants

BAUCHI, Nigeria (AP) — Villagers in an area of Nigeria where Boko Haram operates have killed and detained scores of the extremist Islamic militants who were suspected of planning a fresh attack, the residents and a security official said.

Residents in Nigeria's northern states have been forming vigilante groups in various areas to resist the militants who have held more than 270 schoolgirls captive since last month.

In Kalabalge, a village about 250 kilometers (155 miles) from the Borno state capital of Maiduguri, residents said they were taking matters into their own hands because the Nigerian military is not doing enough to stem Boko Haram attacks.

On Tuesday morning, after learning about an impending attack by militants, locals ambushed two trucks with gunmen, a security official told The Associated Press. At least 10 militants were detained, and scores were killed
    , the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to give interviews to journalists. It was not immediately clear where the detainees were being held.
  • janklow
    Options
    If we could substantiate it, the CIA ain't doing they job right.
    except that we CAN substantiate a lot of things the CIA did. they don't include things like funding Bin Laden because Bin Laden was a rich Saudi with further rich Saudi connections who did not want to be funded by the US. the funding wasn't necessary

going to refer you to a little Steve Coll at this point
    Senator Hilary Clinton admits what most people by now already know, America funded the mujahadeen that eventually turned into Al-Qaeda
    ...no.

do you understand there IS a difference between "mujaheddin" and "al-Qaeda?" we can start with "not all mujaheddin were or are al-Qaeda."
  • kzzl
    Options
    So the US sides with the middle east to keep the soviet union out. Unnecessary, but offered training, funding, weapons, or whatever boons it was. But they just figured Muslims were better than having the soviet union running things at the time.
    With Al-Qaeda being an indirect, unintended result of the US backing middle east all those years ago.
    This US contribution to that partnership mainly makes them guilty by association.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Nigerian government rejects Boko Harem demand to swap school girls for Boko Harem prisoners....

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-rejects-swap-boko-haram-prisoners-schoolgirls-uk-062133983.html

Government officials initially said they were exploring all options with respect to the swap proposal and later said they were willing to negotiate with Boko Haram without specifying whether any putative talks might include an exchange for the girls.

Jonathan further refined that position on Wednesday during talks with Britain's Minister for Africa Mark Simmonds.

"He (Jonathan) made it very clear that there would be no negotiations with Boko Haram that involved a swap of abducted schoolgirls for prisoners," Simmonds told reporters after meeting Jonathan.

--I agree with this move, swapping the prisoners for the girls would set a horrible precedent for the future and just mean more kidnappings in the future. It's sad too though cuz it means the girls are likely to never be free now....
  • janklow
    Options
    So the US sides with the middle east to keep the soviet union out.
    well, let's be fair: it wasn't just to "keep them out," the USSR did kind of invade Afghanistan. second, the US already had a working relationship with Pakistan, and THAT is where the problems really come in.
    With Al-Qaeda being an indirect, unintended result of the US backing middle east all those years ago. This US contribution to that partnership mainly makes them guilty by association.
    see, this still seems inaccurate if al-Qaeda comes out of the work of Arabs who had their own money and took it to Afghanistan to fight the USSR themselves.

guys that the US is more indirectly involved with (as in, we gave the ISI money and they gave it to their favorites) would be guys like Hekmatyar. guys we DIRECTLY gave money would be guys like Massoud. now there's where you can lay whatever guilt by association seems appropriate (if appropriate).
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very interesting article from a Nigerian woman who doesn't want American help in Nigeria....she feels America has been very imperialistic in Africa lately.....not sure what to think about it but she has some good points....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jumoke-balogun/hashtags-wont-bringbackourgirls_b_5292312.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Dear Americans, Your Hashtags Won't #BringBackOurGirls; You Might Actually Be Making Things Worse

Simple question. Are you Nigerian? Do you have constitutional rights accorded to Nigerians to participate in their democratic process? If not, I have news for you. You can't do anything about the girls missing in Nigeria. You can't. Your insistence on urging American power, specifically American military power, to address this issue will ultimately hurt the people of Nigeria.

--What do ya'll think about this? It's a long read but I didn't know America was doing so much military activity in Africa

Dear bitter ? ,

Is your child missing? Was your child kidnapped and sold off to be 'married' and has probably been ? multiple times since then? What do you care who helps as long as someone is helping?

#USAAndWesternPowersHelpUsBringBackOurGirlsBecauseOurGovtAintShit

Name one country that benefited from US intervention
  • kzzl
    Options
    So the US sides with the middle east to keep the soviet union out.
    well, let's be fair: it wasn't just to "keep them out," the USSR did kind of invade Afghanistan. second, the US already had a working relationship with Pakistan, and THAT is where the problems really come in.
    With Al-Qaeda being an indirect, unintended result of the US backing middle east all those years ago. This US contribution to that partnership mainly makes them guilty by association.
    see, this still seems inaccurate if al-Qaeda comes out of the work of Arabs who had their own money and took it to Afghanistan to fight the USSR themselves.

guys that the US is more indirectly involved with (as in, we gave the ISI money and they gave it to their favorites) would be guys like Hekmatyar. guys we DIRECTLY gave money would be guys like Massoud. now there's where you can lay whatever guilt by association seems appropriate (if appropriate).

Yeah... it's cool you wanna give out specifics and word it your way... but it's the same thing I said already.
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah... it's cool you wanna give out specifics and word it your way... but it's the same thing I said already.
    well, it's really not since you explicitly stated a direct connection AND implied we indirectly funded al-Qaeda, which i am clearly disputing. guys like Hekmatyar and Massoud are not the same thing as al-Qaeda, even if the former is a little much.
    Name one country that benefited from US intervention
    Kuwait

• kzzl
    Options
    I gave a broad generalization in saying "middle east" cause I don't know the specifics. But it still is, what it is. All I'm seeing from you is specifics and clarifying of the details.

So unless Hekmatyar and Massoud and Al Qaeda are not middle eastern... unless Hilary and Steve Coll are lying in saying that the US partnered up with the Middle east against the soviets... unless she's wrong in saying that the US reaped what they sewed from their involvement with the middle east years later through Al Qaeda...

..it makes no sense to dispute it at this point. I'm seeing consistency at every angle of this. One person just has more to offer than the other.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    SMH at these girls still not being found yet, smh....I'm starting to think this was an inside job in Nigerian govt, I hope I'm wrong
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave a broad generalization in saying "middle east" cause I don't know the specifics. But it still is, what it is. All I'm seeing from you is specifics and clarifying of the details.

So unless Hekmatyar and Massoud and Al Qaeda are not middle eastern... unless Hilary and Steve Coll are lying in saying that the US partnered up with the Middle east against the soviets... unless she's wrong in saying that the US reaped what they sewed from their involvement with the middle east years later through Al Qaeda...

..it makes no sense to dispute it at this point. I'm seeing consistency at every angle of this. One person just has more to offer than the other.

I don't think it's fair to say America sowed together Al Qaeda. Their basically spreading Saudi ideology. Saudi Arabia been had money since post ww1 and Al Qaeda targets everybody. Also, the Middle East didn't align with America against Russia. Afghanistan did and factions fought one another and the Taliban rather then Al Qaeda was born from the Chaos. Al Qaeda was basically the Arab CIA all by themselves.
  • kzzl
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

I don't think it's fair to say America sowed together Al Qaeda. Their basically spreading Saudi ideology. Saudi Arabia been had money since post ww1 and Al Qaeda targets everybody. Also, the Middle East didn't align with America against Russia. Afghanistan did and factions fought one another and the Taliban rather then Al Qaeda was born from the Chaos. Al Qaeda was basically the Arab CIA all by themselves.

Well, that's you. I'm gonna go back to posting bout these missing girls.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

Well, that's you. I'm gonna go back to posting bout these missing girls.

So what are you posting other then this pointless comment? Anymore updates or further insight you care to share?
  • janklow
    Options
    it makes sense to dispute it when you're making a specific claim that doesn't seem to be supported by reality. we can trace the genesis and funding of al-Qaeda, and it's not formed in the way you're implying. i want to "give out specifics" because it's a complicated topic and the specifics DO matter.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Nigerian hunters and villagers, some Muslim, gather in the hundreds with weapons and ammo, ready for war against Boko Haram.....

http://news.yahoo.com/traditional-nigerian-hunters-want-girls-154522265.html

Traditional Nigerian hunters want to find girls

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Traditional hunters armed with homemade guns, poisoned spears and amulets have gathered in their hundreds, eager to use their skills and what they believe to be supernatural powers to help find nearly 300 schoolgirls abducted by Islamic extremists.

Some 500 hunters, some as young as 18 and some in their 80s, say they have been specially selected by their peers for their spiritual hunting skills and have been waiting for two weeks in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital and the birthplace of Boko Haram, to get backing from the military and get moving.

With Nigeria's military accused by many citizens of not doing enough to rescue the girls, the hunters demonstrated their skills to an Associated Press reporter on Sunday. Cow horn trumpets echoed eerie war cries from the screaming and chanting men as they twirled knives and swords with dexterity, occasionally stabbing and cutting themselves with no apparent harm. The hunters claimed their magic charms prevented any blood being drawn. They also trust amulets of herbs and other substances wrapped in leather pouches as well as cowrie shells, animal teeth and leather bracelets to protect them from bullets.

The appearance of the hunters from three northeastern states underscores how deeply the April 15 mass kidnapping — and the government's apparent lack of action — has affected Nigerian society. It has spawned demonstrations and a tidal wave of commentary in media including social sites like Twitter and Facebook.

--Standing ovation for these brave people, ready to take on evil head on....
  • janklow
    Options
    don't worry; i'm sure the government will disarm them ASAP
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2014
    Options
    don't worry; i'm sure the government will disarm them ASAP

What a disaster that would be if that happens. The Nigerian govt is incapable of defending the people, the least they can do is let the people defend themselves. CNN said on Friday Nigerian villagers killed over 200 Boko Haram militants, I hope they ? a whole lot more. And any village that defends or protects Boko Haram would get dozens of my rifle shots too. They gotta make an example out of them wherever they stay at
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.ibtimes.com/twin-car-bomb-explosions-nigeria-? -least-46-people-photo-1587374

This is getting ridiculous