The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread (June 12th 2014 - July 13th 2014)

Options

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I'll always support England in a WC or Euro competitions...

I remember one year Jamaica were in the WC...I lol'd and supported them.

I'm a black man born in the UK.

The logic being used is like saying I can't support Man U cause I'm not from Manchester and the majority of their players and not mancunian.

England is a very multicultural country these days...

I lol at people born here that say they don't support England...yet they live here happily, claim benefits, pay taxes etc...

I'm a (half) Jamaican-American so i have no reason to support England, Premier League the best league tho

as for the bolded, if the nation doesn't respect you don't you think you're justified in not respecting them?

nothing left to say

who do you support? We need to be able to talk ? back fam lol

this isnt about talking ? back

most black Britons I assume are from West African and Caribbean pedigrees , so why support a former colonial power that still sings "? save the queen/king" and still has the union jack as one of its flags.

There are an array of Caribbean and African nations in the world cup and you choose to go for the likes of England, Spain and Germany . Thats Clippers level Donald Sterling coonery ..

and worse England never wins anything lol

Which Caribbean country is in the World Cup, bro?

The fact that England never wins shows that they are true fans and not bandwagonists

This is football son ...... this isn't about some Civil rights movement ...... if it's one thing that brings people together it's sport. At the end of the day you want your country to win. Why would I support another country while my country is involved in the biggest tournament in the world?
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Costa Rica.....Honduras...both considered Caribbean.......but ? England bruh....

No Bredren. Them Central American don't rep the island like real Trinidadians, Jamaicans, Antiguan. They actually don't rate us. They consider themselves of Spain.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Why would Central American nations "rep the island" when they aren't even islands? Lol. I've never heard anyone consider themselves of Spain and I'm Central American myself.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Costa Rica.....Honduras...both considered Caribbean.......but ? England bruh....

smh ............ they don't even consider themselves "Caribbean" much less have any affiliation to the Caribbean (I am an Islander bro)
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    I guess they only claim Caribbean is when Tourism is involved....

not even then ...... they have their own brand of tourism
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    What country has the smallest population and land to play In the World Cup ? ?

I am guessing you are from Trinidad and Tobago, you should be proud of your country. Still remember Peter Crouch cheating and possibly steal points from your guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JURU3iFmRxs
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am guessing you are from Trinidad and Tobago, you should be proud of your country. Still remember Peter Crouch cheating and possibly steal points from your guys.

How yuh mean. Fadda, I bleed red white an black fadda. Crouch pull sandro dreadlocks like he was redoing it in Ms Cleo salon an score.
    Country had a national holiday. Carnival was wicked to.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna see Jamaica get to the cup but dem neva fail to find a way to ? up a game smh
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How yuh mean. Fadda, I bleed red white an black fadda. Crouch pull sandro dreadlocks like he was redoing it in Ms Cleo salon an score.
    Country had a national holiday. Carnival was wicked to.

Nobody was working during those games lol
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on son, really? Youre a ? for not supporting Algeria, only "black" africa, acting like Mandela and co didnt get military training and support in Algeria back when the apartheid regime was in place....
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Whats next? Youre gonna call the football bond of Ghana, Kameroun,Ivory Coast n Nigeria ? cause their jerseys are made by addidas n puma? Germans?

you wouldnt drive a benz, audi n bmw?

youre a ? ? , youre probably typing on a samsung or iphone, youre a ? for supporting Korea n the States.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's go black africa

You know, the sub saharans..................
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Always hilarious when people claiming "black" africa and sub sahara. Anyone from the sahara/actually been there or with half a brain knows the sahara is loaded with all kinds of black people(and very controversial borders, touareg cough cough). Countries like sudan and mauritania are not sub saharan but hey..acting like Niger doesnt have more in common culturally with Libya then with South africa, as if Mali isnt more connected with Mauritania...then with Zimbabwe..

lets ignore reality and only root for the africans below the sahara.

funny thing is that when history gets discussed, the western sahara, morocco,libya and egypt are all of a sudden "black". When its time for football(lol) you ? are like ? us.

? americans man.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    No, most people in north africa are berbers, adapted arab culture/language..I speak moroccan n arab.

loads of west africans speak french, does that make them french also?

I get it, you see the algerian national team, mostly light skinned berbers/arabs but they dont reflect the population(kinda like the old french squad didnt reflect france).

you know pierre van hooijdonk? Old dutch player:http://www.petervanderhamfotografie.nl/pierre-van-hooijdonk.html he is a typical berber, like me actually, except his biological father left him. Difference is that most people in holland dont know he is moroccan due to all the lightskinned arab/berbers living in Holland, not realizing atleast half the population in morocco looks similair as us.

yall ? lack real references and experience, are simply ignorant of the demographics. Go travel, from north morocco to souther mauritania, open your eyes ? .
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    Excuse the titangraph, none football related ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You guys are majority Arabs living in north Africa today...not Black Africans.

not necessarily true ever where. many ethnic groups were Arabized meaning they are considered Arab, speak Arabic and follow Arabic culture but "look" black. like Comorions, Zanzabaris, Nubians. etc
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I'll always support England in a WC or Euro competitions...

I remember one year Jamaica were in the WC...I lol'd and supported them.

I'm a black man born in the UK.

The logic being used is like saying I can't support Man U cause I'm not from Manchester and the majority of their players and not mancunian.

England is a very multicultural country these days...

I lol at people born here that say they don't support England...yet they live here happily, claim benefits, pay taxes etc...

I'm a (half) Jamaican-American so i have no reason to support England, Premier League the best league tho

as for the bolded, if the nation doesn't respect you don't you think you're justified in not respecting them?

nothing left to say

who do you support? We need to be able to talk ? back fam lol

this isnt about talking ? back

most black Britons I assume are from West African and Caribbean pedigrees , so why support a former colonial power that still sings "? save the queen/king" and still has the union jack as one of its flags.

There are an array of Caribbean and African nations in the world cup and you choose to go for the likes of England, Spain and Germany . Thats Clippers level Donald Sterling coonery ..

and worse England never wins anything lol

Which Caribbean country is in the World Cup, bro?

The fact that England never wins shows that they are true fans and not bandwagonists

This is football son ...... this isn't about some Civil rights movement ...... if it's one thing that brings people together it's sport. At the end of the day you want your country to win. Why would I support another country while my country is involved in the biggest tournament in the world?

Something i would expect a black briton to say ...

You guys are the biggest ? walking the world today , and im talking from a collective stand point not some good individuals...

Wasn't born in nor even been to Britain ...... I live in a 95% black populated country with black leaders where we cannot use racism as an excuse for our shortcomings so that's why I don't have the viewpoint you do.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What in the ? is this ? ? The spirit of football frowns on you guys smh
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always hilarious when people claiming "black" africa and sub sahara. Anyone from the sahara/actually been there or with half a brain knows the sahara is loaded with all kinds of black people(and very controversial borders, touareg cough cough). Countries like sudan and mauritania are not sub saharan but hey..acting like Niger doesnt have more in common culturally with Libya then with South africa, as if Mali isnt more connected with Mauritania...then with Zimbabwe..

lets ignore reality and only root for the africans below the sahara.

funny thing is that when history gets discussed, the western sahara, morocco,libya and egypt are all of a sudden "black". When its time for football(lol) you ? are like ? us.

? americans man.

I didn't create the subsaharan border. They did....

Those ppl didn't always inhabit upper africa .science and history proves that. So when we discuss history, we talking about B4 them.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read Luis Suarez, EPL's MVP, might miss this worldcup because of a knee injury he has to get operated on.
    No, most people in north africa are berbers, adapted arab culture/language..I speak moroccan n arab.

loads of west africans speak french, does that make them french also?

I get it, you see the algerian national team, mostly light skinned berbers/arabs but they dont reflect the population(kinda like the old french squad didnt reflect france).

you know pierre van hooijdonk? Old dutch player:http://www.petervanderhamfotografie.nl/pierre-van-hooijdonk.html he is a typical berber, like me actually, except his biological father left him. Difference is that most people in holland dont know he is moroccan due to all the lightskinned arab/berbers living in Holland, not realizing atleast half the population in morocco looks similair as us.

yall ? lack real references and experience, are simply ignorant of the demographics. Go travel, from north morocco to souther mauritania, open your eyes ? .
    Van Hooijdonk is actually half Moroccan, half Dutch so you can imagine how dark his father must have been but I see your point and cosign your posts regarding this subject.
    Only thing I don't get is why a non-black like yourself is calling us the N-word when you're trying to make a point.

You were right on Algeria's liberation as well. Black panthers played a part in liberating Algeria from France and there's still blacks living in Algeria to this day. My father was there during that war and still got Algerian friends.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kneesus spares no one carajo
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    US without landon Donovan?
    Smh
This discussion has been closed.