Grantland: What if This is OKC's Last Shot?

Options

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is such a ?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't ride clean,
    4 or 5 screens,
    Grill still mean
    Horizontal lean
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2014
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    Let us play cheap seats charades, shall we?

Excuse me while I post sarcasm in the most obnoxious way possible, cuz you know I learned how to be passive-aggressive from the crackas in OKC. I secretly hate when people hit feelings on my post, but once again I'd rather keep posting like "Slim-V-P" is my baby daddy than to actually post something of substance.

P.S. I shed real tears when I found out Ibaka was done for this post-season, but because I'm more of a groupie than a rational fan, I'm still going to keep up my bitchassness in all my posts. Thunder in 1.

Who am I?

That's a hard one. I'll pass.

My turn tho...

I'm a fan of basketball, or so I say I am. However, there's a team just north of texas that's managed to amass an unprecedented amount of talent.

I used to admire that team, in fact, I secretly still do, but with the lack of a father figure in my real life, I've found myself being obsessed and perturbed with a man that is a fan of said team on the internet.

And now that said team has established themselves as a true NBA contender, my passive admiration for said team coupled with my feminine-esque emotions toward a man that posts on a message board has caused me to hate on said team.

These emotions of mine are particularly provoked due to the fact that my own favorite team is either terrible, currently on a fishing trip, or I don't have one therefore I'm forced to passively bandwagon.

I am seemingly oblivious to the fact that my obvious and desperate attempts at hating on said team only makes me appear to have the Sports I.Q. of a primate, but because my hate and envy of that team and that dastardly poster on the internet -- I am MORE than willing to sacrifice logic and common sense to attain the most important and prestigious goal in all of the internets...

Reaction clicks.

Who am I?

The Cheapseats.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tl;dr but im sure there was feelings somewhere in there
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    tl;dr but im sure there was feelings somewhere in there

Translation: "Sonned."
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Damn if we would've kept harden Ibaka would be still healthy... Or better yet, Harden could've stepped up in Ibakas defensive role.

Dag, yo.
    O.G. wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Shaq was a center---an unstoppable center, at that----big difference. His impact on defenses>>>>>KD and RW, so u could afford to surround those Lakers w/ lesser talent.
    OKC still has Ibaka tho. Last time I checked he was pretty good on defense.
    like i said, he's a #1 option now. He's gettin that spotlight. His name gettin dragged thru the mud, but if he's your 3rd option...Just like as impt Bosh is to Miami's success as their 3rd option, he had ZERO points in game 7 last year and they won.

But,but, but.. Harden did not want to stick around to be a 3rd option. He wanted to be a star. So now he is one in Houston and still building brick condos in the playoffs.

Get out yo feelins, bruh.

If a nikka say 2+2 is 6, then it's 6. And if you disagree, you in ya feels, cuh.
    SO in my feels right now.

If we would'a kept Bearded-Jordan we would've swept the clipset and won every game by 20. But nah, nikkas gotta struggle to win in 6 these days.

Smh.

All we had to do was pay that man errthang he wanted. That's it. When you go to the finals, all you gotsta do is keep your 3 best players and you'll automatically go to the Finals every year thereafter until one of them retires.

Fact.

Ask Spurs fans. Duncan, Parker, Ginobli = Like 10 straight finals appearances, B.
    Lettin Harden walk gotsta be the dumbest move since... Since...

...The Spurs let Beno Udrih walk.

Oh, what u think the Spurs didn't miss him?

They won a ring with Beno.

They let him walk after that, and it took them SIX YEARS to get back to the finals. And they lawst.

Beno would've ? on the Heat.

And look who discovered and scouted Beno...

Sam "? Nikka" Presti. smh.

I bet he talked bad about Beno before he left the spurs and that's why they let him walk.

Man, I want a fair one with Presti right now. Red head, nerd.
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I can't stand Kendrick Perkins.

That's it.

Perk hate u too, lil Nikka.

You know you feel the same way I do. Could still have Jeff Green brah.

Word. That Jeff Green trade was wack too. Jeff Green would've averaged at least 20-25 ppg had he stayed.

Smh.

bruh...shut the ? up

Should have hit him with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIlTyCiVYQ

lol classic...

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    In hindsight I don't see how you CANT look at the Harden trade as an L for OKC.

That said this article is ridiculously premature. And that comparison to the Kings is off base as well. Chris Webber was in his prime years, Divac was already a grizzled vet. Mike Bibby was made to look better than he was by Derek Fisher's terrible pick and pop defense. (Word to Troy Hudson who also briefly looked like quality NBA player in a playoff series vs the Lakers) their window was much smaller. 1-2 years at best. If Durant and Westbrook stay together, they still have a legit 7-8 year window.

7-8 MORE years? ...B/c they been together 6....

7 years from now they'll be like 33... So yes
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

On the serious tip, why do you keep bringing up the Spurs?

From the bit I read most of the Spurs fans on the site don't have any problem with OKC (they may have a problem with you though). I personally don't have a problem with them and if my Spurs can't win it I would root for OKC because I like their core group and I can tell Presti took a lot of the way's San Antonio looked at team building to heart after leaving from their.

Not even trying to be funny or anything, just curious.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

From the bit I read most of the Spurs fans on the site don't have any problem with OKC (they may have a problem with you though). I personally don't have a problem with them and if my Spurs can't win it I would root for OKC because I like their core group and I can tell Presti took a lot of the way's San Antonio looked at team building to heart after leaving from their.

Why do you think bringing up the spurs is some kind of diss? Or are you just irritated that I'm bringing up bad memories of a team that otherwise always has a "squeaky clean" rep (mostly because nobody cares enough or bothers to hate on them in the media or the innanets.)

It's called using a logical comparison.

Our team's owner used to be part owner of the Spurs.

Our General Manager comes from the spurs.

If you feel some type of way about me interrupting the pristine "unbeatable" reputation your team seems to have right now -- that's on you. Let me know if I say something that's not true about the Spurs, and feel free to explain why (not excuses, but facts) and I might refrain. Thanks.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

Why do you think bringing up the spurs is some kind of diss? Or are you just irritated that I'm bringing up bad memories of a team that otherwise always has a "squeaky clean" rep (mostly because nobody bothers to hate on them in the media or the innanets.)

If you feel some type of way about me interrupting the pristine "unbeatable" reputation your team seems to have right now -- that's on you. Let me know if I say something that's not true about the Spurs, and feel free to explain why (not excuses, but facts) and I might refrain. Thanks.

Your comparisons I agree are some what logical due to everything you stated. Just seems like you have some type of malice towards the Spurs and I was wondering why.

I never said anything about the Spurs being "unbeatable" and being a fan of this team since 89-90 (yeah I'm old compared to a lot of the posters, lol) I know how it felt to root for them even when they always came up short in the playoffs. So you pointing out their past short comings isn't something I'm not privy too.

It just seems odd to me that most of the people roasting your team aren't fans of the team you always have in your mouth.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

Why do you think bringing up the spurs is some kind of diss? Or are you just irritated that I'm bringing up bad memories of a team that otherwise always has a "squeaky clean" rep (mostly because nobody bothers to hate on them in the media or the innanets.)

It just seems odd to me that most of the people roasting your team aren't fans of the team you always have in your mouth.

Ohhh, I get it. You think that since some nikkas say some silly ? (most of which is just self ether) about my squad, I'm supposed to spend all my time on this message board clicking feelings and dry-hating on THEIR squads too, right?

Nah.

I don't let innanet nikkas control how I feel about sports teams. That's for weak minded nikkas who grew up with their Grandma as the closest thing they had to a male role model.

If I'm speaking on or for my team (sarcastically or not, lol) I'm doing it for my team. And won't give a half a ? about that nikkas team.

But I will laugh at his ass for popping ? about a winning contender if their squad hasn't been relevant since nikkas was rocking Fubu jerseys.

I guess that's the difference between me and you (and the rest that just love clicking feelings) -- My opinions on sports topics are not and cannot be swayed by some nikka on the internet.

Spurs are a rival conference team to my team. Don't really "hate them", but I don't like'em either. And if I did, something is wrong with me.

*shrug*
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody salty
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Somebody caught a stray from my last post.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

Ohhh, I get it. You think that since some nikkas say some silly ? (most of which is just self ether) about my squad, I'm supposed to spend all my time on this message board clicking feelings and dry-hating on THEIR squads too, right?

Nah.

I don't let innanet nikkas control how I feel about sports teams. That's for weak minded nikkas who grew up with their Grandma as the closest thing they had to a male role model.

If I'm speaking on or for my team (sarcastically or not, lol) I'm doing it for my team. And won't give a half a ? about that nikkas team.

But I will laugh at his ass for popping ? about a winning contender if their squad hasn't been relevant since nikkas was rocking Fubu jerseys.

I guess that's the difference between me and you (and the rest that just love clicking feelings) -- My opinions on sports topics are not and cannot be swayed by some nikka on the internet.

Spurs are a rival conference team to my team. Don't really "hate them", but I don't like'em either. And if I did, something is wrong with me.

*shrug*

I appreciate this explanation way more than your initial one to my honest inquiry I had previously.

I like seeing some of the takes on various sports topics on here because a few folks do have pretty good outlooks on them. If it is different from my own observations I respectfully disagree and maybe even share why I feel the way I do. I also give credit to where credit is due if the person is making sense and actually gave me a new perspective on the topic at hand. I have no problem admitting that I might be wrong or misjudged certain things because no one is infallible.

Good luck to your team and if they do beat my squad I hope they win the championship
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

honest question

no diss, but why do u bring up clicking feelings so often? u often come off like it gets to u, and kinda salty when people say anything about okc. ion think ? really hate okc that much lol
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • RiGGA
    Options
    Recap?

green plastering feelings everywhere. I called it on the 1st page actually. The other 2 are just further evidence.
  • RiGGA
    Options
    Greenwood: May the feels be with you

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

It all started with Spurs in 5 in 2012

I don't be on as much but I'm surprised with the heel turn he's taking...

@greenwood1921‌

What happened bruh? When did ? turn on you?

It was all good just a year ago...
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    @ocelot‌

Appreciate the recap on the whole situation.

I think @greenwood1921‌ is a pretty knowledgeable poster on the NBA, I was just a little surprised how he was going in on the Spurs so much when their isn't a lot of fans of them on the site. Not to mention the few that are on here are pretty chill.

It is what it is though.