Grantland: What if This is OKC's Last Shot?

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it really a Saturday afternoon where y'all live? Pffft.

@#1hiphopjunkie

I feel u, broskie. Still stand by point.

Shouts out to you being one of the only spurs fan on here that shows up when the spurs aren't favored and/or on a 30 game win streak tho.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It that was true I would be here everyday because we're always the favorites and we've only lost 20 games this season...

@ocelot‌

Appreciate the recap on the whole situation.

I think @greenwood1921‌ is a pretty knowledgeable poster on the NBA, I was just a little surprised how he was going in on the Spurs so much when their isn't a lot of fans of them on the site. Not to mention the few that are on here are pretty chill.

It is what it is though.

It was the wild west back in the day...
    Check out the How far the Spurs will go thread to see what it was like.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    In hindsight I don't see how you CANT look at the Harden trade as an L for OKC.

That said this article is ridiculously premature. And that comparison to the Kings is off base as well. Chris Webber was in his prime years, Divac was already a grizzled vet. Mike Bibby was made to look better than he was by Derek Fisher's terrible pick and pop defense. (Word to Troy Hudson who also briefly looked like quality NBA player in a playoff series vs the Lakers) their window was much smaller. 1-2 years at best. If Durant and Westbrook stay together, they still have a legit 7-8 year window.

7-8 MORE years? ...B/c they been together 6....

7 years from now they'll be like 33... So yes

Lol Kd will be straight,but fast pace, knee surgery Russ? We been callin D wade 'washed wade'since he was 29. Pippen's back failed him by 32. Baron davis, francis, marbury were all done by 30....Ijs. And of course i dnt wish bad health on them, but Simmons has a point in sayin we sound silly thinkin this gon last forever

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden disappeared in the playoffs the past few seasons
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

honest question

no diss, but why do u bring up clicking feelings so often? u often come off like it gets to u, and kinda salty when people say anything about okc. ion think ? really hate okc that much lol

Meh.

Really ain't that serious. I point them out as "feelings clickers" cause they know who they are and it's a easy way to abbreviate.

As for "OKC hate" - If a nikka posts his opinion on a sports topic and I disagree with it, I don't hesitate to make my opinion known if I give enough ? .

Nikkas that know better know that I express my opinions on a wide range of ? on here - only time the feelings babies start clickin is when it's about my squad and when of course...

...they lack the ability to factually and intelligently prove me wrong.

If they had "offline reaction buttons" somebody like Donald Sterling would click feelings on every black person he knows. And some of y'all would click feelings on every bish that didn't give you the ? . lol

Some people click feels to express their own feels and others do it the right way.

But most just use it when they don't have ? else to say and can't articulate a real response.

Like a 6 year old white kid calling somebody a "big poopy head" or some ? . lol

Ironically while I have zero control over what "OKC" does, I seem to be the VP and GM of nikkas emotions on here.

Hence the random lyrics I post that I know nikkas just love to see when they're trying so desperately to fail-troll. lol

• greenwood1921
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Harden disappeared in the playoffs the past few seasons

Nikka don't u see this is a "express yo feels about greenwood/OKC" hater thread?

Foh with that feel-free logic. smh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @greenwood1921‌

On the serious tip, why do you keep bringing up the Spurs?

From the bit I read most of the Spurs fans on the site don't have any problem with OKC (they may have a problem with you though). I personally don't have a problem with them and if my Spurs can't win it I would root for OKC because I like their core group and I can tell Presti took a lot of the way's San Antonio looked at team building to heart after leaving from their.

Not even trying to be funny or anything, just curious.

Bcuz a spurs fan said sumthn negative about okc and now he talkn ? about the spurs. Kings..clipset..bulls rockets...bk..he sneak disses people i was just one the first ? to call him a ?
  • Once
    Once Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Lol @ this being OKC's last shot...contenders like Miami and SA (well, the Spurs best players) are getting older while OKC is still one of the younger teams in the league...you ? are quick to pull triggers...OKC is also continuing to gain experience with their youth as they advance...
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Greens, you know I have no beef with your overall ? , but you gotta chill.

1) Harden made OKC better, and that core of KD/Bodie/Harden gave the Thunder their best shot to win chips, and they blew it. Have fun being bridesmaids in the West till Duncan and Parker ride off into the sunset. Deal with it, it's just facts.

2) This thread isn't about anyone else's team. This is about your ATL Falcons-eque "ball-out-in-the-regular-season-then-crash-when-the-real-money's-on-the-line" ass squad. It kinda makes sense you root for both them teams. A shitload of ESPN highlights with NO rings to show for it.

3) That snarky, condescension ? been got old, dude. You need a new schtick. At 45K posts, you can't be all up in your feels every time that ether slides in to "Thunder Up" territory and starts blasting on the Zombie Sonics.

Last time I check okc was still in the playoffs. Im really tired of ? talkin about that no defense ass ? harden. That ? wanted to be his on man why the ? do yall keep bring this up. James harden use to be a ? ? I use to smh at this ? being the 3 pick and not doing ? . eventually, he got his chance and became something now lets move on to the people who are supposed to replace harden. Ibaka, lamb and jones are suppose to do that but at this point lamb and jones aren't getting the experience they're suppose to do in which i feel like it was an mistake on the part of scoot brook just because of whats going on now with ibaka being out now we have two ? with no confidence in their game because they ride the pine
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn ? going at greenwood's head lmfaoooo
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Thread be like...

giphy.gif

He hurt us all, he... hurt us... all. But if we stick together...
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Greenwood ain't you about 47 years old...why are you using the word "feels" like that?

You want to be a teenage white ? soooooooo bad.

Nah, I'm 57.

Interesting question about slang coming from a wigga tho.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Once wrote: »
    Lol @ this being OKC's last shot...contenders like Miami and SA (well, the Spurs best players) are getting older while OKC is still one of the younger teams in the league...you ? are quick to pull triggers...OKC is also continuing to gain experience with their youth as they advance...

^^^^ Totally missing the point.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
  • Max.
    Options
    This ? sassy as ? nh
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Wait, nikkas was up from 1:30 am Pacific time on a Saturday Night to Early Sunday morning...

Expressing their feels about a nikka on the innanets?

Doc-Rivers.gif

tumblr_m9yh63TopW1qzbqw1o1_400.gif
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Wait, nikkas was up from 1:30 am Pacific time on a Saturday Night to Early Sunday morning...

Doc-Rivers.gif

• greenwood1921
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I gotta put this ? up there in the rafters with nikkas challenging nikkas to fights an' ? off innanet posts.

So hilariously sad.
  • Max.
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I gotta put this ? up there in the rafters with nikkas challenging nikkas to fights an' ? off innanet posts.

So hilariously sad.

Doc-Rivers.gif

61e582f48790f3721a706d1d0735cbbd

Once wrote: »

^^^^ Totally missing the point.
    Parallel wrote: »
    Greenwood ain't you about 47 years old...why are you using the word "feels" like that?

You want to be a teenage white ? soooooooo bad.

Nah, I'm 57.

Interesting question about slang coming from a wigga tho.
    Thread be like...

giphy.gif

He hurt us all, he... hurt us... all. But if we stick together...

once again no diss or bias but tbh ur kinda making it look even more like they're getting to u, I mean some have even agreed and they have no problem with u or okc, it's kinda looking like a one sided roast like Jamie Foxx vs Doug Williams lol just saying

If that's how u feel, that's how u feel, playboy. ? is amazing to me.

If you think nikka's spending their Saturday night "roasting" a nikka on the innanet is wassup - then, yeah, good luck with that.

No diss or bias, but I can't raise ya.

The whole "original" premise of this thread is really a dead horse, and I've made my points a million times before in the NBA thread.

And some of these same nikkas used to argue with Mumo about the same ? even before we traded Harden (ironically most of the same nikkas were saying "there's no way OKC can keep Ibaka and Harden").

You sound like you want me to take this seriously, but since I'm not, somehow it's "getting to me." In fact, I bet if I posted a pic or vid of me on the floor dying laughing you'd be like...

"Bruh, it look like you mad, bruh. Just sayin, No diss." lol

Appreciate the commentary, bruh, trust -- I'm good. This thread and the nikkas in it have been crying for a while, and I been laughing at'em even longer. Nothing new.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i dont want u to take it seriously, but at the same time i be sittin here most times like "damn he just gon let em get off like that and not come harder than sayin he hurt em" lol. im just sayin the laughing and cryin slightly looks the other way around to me, but then again i havent seen what there is to cry about and i just started coming back in cheap seats in November, so idk its all entertainment lol